• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Alukard

Smash Hero
i usually just do the z shield if i'm having a tight game because sumtimes nerves cause me to mess up the normal one ... LOL

true story tho

Scar

#HarveyDent
gentleman with shield takes away the manliness of the maneuver

scrub

hottest thing ever = falcon punching someone twice, smashing his knee in their face, then immediately running towards them and shffling an electric knee ftk

Alukard

Smash Hero
gentleman with shield takes away the manliness of the maneuver

scrub

hottest thing ever = falcon punching someone twice, smashing his knee in their face, then immediately running towards them and shffling an electric knee ftk
GTFO ... i rather shield and still get the combo of justice out instead of failing and throwing out useless punches ...

=]

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
FULLY RELEASE the A button every time though! that's the secret for chrissake, calmchaos how many times do you hit the gentleman like that without the integral missing ingredient?!

bunch of jabronis.

WHERE IS BIG D?? I'm taking him out of the title if he isn't responding for me.
Pft, son!
I'm way too much more gangsta than you to miss the gentleman. You just wish so bad that you could be as fly as me!
I hit the gentleman so many times that they call me The Man About Town.

But in all seriousness... as long as the hits connect with the character or the shield it always seems to work.

Alukard

Smash Hero
gentleman is not a combo of justice, gentleman > followup is though
thats wat i'm talking about silly ... btw u better be ready tomorrow!

cuz gplata and alumoney is going to take over again ... and not even jman + *insert good player from tristate* is going to stop us !

LMFAO

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
Woohooo! Thanks for the info everyone. xD

Oh so what you guys mean is.
Most likely you're always gonna run after the knee so.
Hold A, run, release A?
Kinda like a buffer in Brawl?

*Practices Combo Of Justice 24/7*

Magus420

Smash Master
idk take your finger off the a button

it has to be b/c it never works for me if i don't do that

i haven't answered any of the questions thats why i'd better see your name on every page buster

im gonna start infracting people for talking about burger king in my thread mwahaha
I think the gentleman has something to do with the total time an A input was held during the sequence before releasing (less is better, which is why releasing the button quickly makes it work better) compared to the total duration from start until after the knee (more is better, which is why hitting something is easier since the hitlag makes this longer).

Also, somehow holding the 3rd A input when doing the knee lessens the requirement and lets you get it with shorter total times and longer A holds on the 1st 2 punches than not holding it on the knee. My best guess would be that it only counts the duration of the A inputs after they're released, so by holding the 3rd A until after the knee finishes and it then checks for the rapid punch requirement it never gets factored in.

Alukard

Smash Hero
scar are u ready for when we falcon ditto in tournament ??

i know u didn't think i was amazing vs sensei

but i'm going to beast! =]

demodemo

Smash Ace
what should i do to sheik after an upthrow around 50? do i keep dthrowing and tech chasing? because thats what i usually do, then hopefully get lucky with a dair for the kill

Scar

#HarveyDent
haha no you had a pretty sweet i think double reverse knee that was pretty amazing, also your offstage uairs were pretty ****

ps magus you taught me the isai gentleman so whatever you say goes

PCHU

Smash Lord
lmfao

How do you moonwalk instant ledgegrab? I've done it once, but everytime I try now Falcon just stays on the stage. How do I get him to latch onto the edge after it?
Wouldn't your grabbing the ledge involve how far you go with the moonwalk?
Just moonwalk farther, I'd guess.
I never really have that problem since my moonwalk distance is alright.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
if you moonwalk off the stage you just fall off. if you're holding away though, you wont grab the edge. one of my favorite ways to edgehog is moonwalk off stage -> fastfall -> edgehog.

i think your problem is that you're still holding away when you should be grabbing the ledge.

skyheart

Smash Lord
it's real easy, just fast fall when yur animation is like as if you were wd off and onto the ledge

love

lol master

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's real easy, just fast fall when yur animation is like as if you were wd off and onto the ledge

love

lol master
truth

if you're staying on the stage then your problem is your moonwalk length, but it's basically the exact same hand motion as holding back to wavedash back offstage and then fastfalling and letting go

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
perfect waveland to moonwalk

Although highly impractical, perfect waveland to moonwalk is so sexy. The added momentum of the waveland greatly extends the length of the moonwalk. I'm not sure if you'll ever cover more distance than a frame-perfect moonwalk, but if nothing else, you can get **** close to that distance with 1/2 the finger speed. Has anyone ever messed around with this? If nothing else it's pretty fun lol

thumbswayup

Smash Master
How do I get the full momentum on my jump after I moonwalk? I can moonwalk alright now, but I've never gotten the long *** jump from it afterwards. At what point in the moonwalk do I jump to achieve that distance I see every other Falcon getting?

skyheart

Smash Lord
How do I get the full momentum on my jump after I moonwalk? I can moonwalk alright now, but I've never gotten the long *** jump from it afterwards. At what point in the moonwalk do I jump to achieve that distance I see every other Falcon getting?
Just keep practicing it, and after a while you'll be able to do it all. Kinda like when learning any type of advance tech in melee. Remember how hard it was to add wavedashing to your game? Now its as easy as me ****** you with jiggs =D

demodemo

Smash Ace
this may seem like a silly question

but is there any way to beat sheiks chain edgeguard? my friend was ****ing around today and i couldnt do **** ;_;

Milos

Smash Lord
DI as close to the stage as possible the hitbox only covers the half of the chain farthest from shiek's body. so just DI the chain towards the stage and keep up b-ing until you grab her with your up b, which should do more damage to her than the chain did to you, he'll eventually realize that and stop using the chain to edgeguard.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
So yeah....I haven't played this game in a good 6 years and I'm looking to get good with Fabulous Falcon. I have trouble doing all advanced techniques like wave dashing, L-Canceling, short hopping (wtf -_-) and pretty much everything. I'm a wreck...any advice? :(

Once I get better I'll probably do some Melee tournies up in Nor Cal (if any exist)...unless it's all Brawl tournies which I quit playing casually online a bit ago.

Also, first post wooo.

Top Bottom