• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3d d09

Smash Master
LOL, just ignore X's trash talk. He's a f4g to everyone online till you get to know him. He's a cool guy IRL.

Edit: I'm not saying he can't back up his trash talk though, cause he almost always can. So don't take it that way. Just get to know him before you decide to start taking him seriously.
Most definitely, he's way bomb in real life. who ever mains a sonic has to be cool =P
I was gonna say I'd team with you, but after looking at how things added up...

Yaz-Waff (already stated)
Kenny-Dryu (unless lvl 9 Meta is present)
Rade-Staz (really would only work if X-Lada was present)

Yeah, you're set. I really need to find someone to be my permenent partner. I always switch around at these tournies.
I could me a permanent partner. if you want to deal with a nub cake like me. ;)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
There will be no ToF 11

For now PnT has decided to cancel tournies, so unless someone is willing to host ToF 11 at a different location it will not be happening. This also applies to the weeklies, and any future ToF's. S@G3 has told me that his house might be a place to hold more of these, however I will need to talk with him to see if it could happen for this weekend.

If you think that you might be able to host it at your house please speak up or PM me.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
D:

D: D:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Your boss sucks mother butts. >.<

D-ryu quick! Didnt you say you could get the Orem PnT to host a tourney? Now would be the perfect time.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
with less then a week to the date we want, I dont think orem would be willing to do it this week...and he isn't my boss anymore, because I was hired to run tournies and they arn't having tournies anymore I was let go :(.......LF job

DZLE

Smash Master
Yeah and since you and sam were let go I have been moved up to the HELL that is full time.
I wish you guys still worked there I was so content with 2 days a week. now im busting ***.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Boorah?

with less then a week to the date we want, I dont think orem would be willing to do it this week...and he isn't my boss anymore, because I was hired to run tournies and they arn't having tournies anymore I was let go :(.......LF job
that's lame. sorry about the release. =\
anyways. I personally think it'd be cool to have random players host it at their residence. travel Utah and what not =P
I'm certain i could host one of the up and coming ones. Just need to clear it with the parentals first haha
For most of us ( i believe) it's just a 30 minute drive to anywhere to a smashers home so traveling shouldn't be an issue. if so. carpooling is the new black. =P
Discuss so we can have further tournies and take over the world. ya?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find it funny how we won't be able to have a tourney until someone is able to use their house for ToF, yet we have quite a few blue named Smash Directors here in Utah. :laugh:

I really hope ToF comes back though. I should be able to come back to Utah next month, and I'd like to do some Brawl with everyone.

Sada

Smash Cadet
My apartment is big enough to host a tournament, and I have room for about four TVs (Already have two). I don't have any thing to set up brackets and bringing a chair would be a good idea too.

Though I live up by Goji in Riverdale, so if you are willing to travel up here, I could host.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Fate noooo that sucks you lost your job. :(

Hmm now where am I going to practice smash on Thursday? :ohwell:

EDIT: Holy cow Sada I didn't know you came from all the way up past Roy. No wonder Thursdays were a rare appearance for you. But um.. if you hosted this tourney would you not be going to the melee smashfest any more? Or are you talking about Thursday? Or are you talking about July?

DZLE

Smash Master
Our scene is on life support right now, let's not have to pull the plug!

Let's get some tourneys going@!!!EK 1rjfl;kjv

Sada

Smash Cadet
Fate noooo that sucks you lost your job. :(

Hmm now where am I going to practice smash on Thursday? :ohwell:

EDIT: Holy cow Sada I didn't know you came from all the way up past Roy. No wonder Thursdays were a rare appearance for you. But um.. if you hosted this tourney would you not be going to the melee smashfest any more? Or are you talking about Thursday? Or are you talking about July?
I was talking about July. I can't do Thursdays because of Work.

I'm still planning on going to the melee smashfest, unless there is a huge demand for the Tournament to be this Saturday. I could host a tourney on July 11 though.

r3d d09

Smash Master
My apartment is big enough to host a tournament, and I have room for about four TVs (Already have two). I don't have any thing to set up brackets and bringing a chair would be a good idea too.

Though I live up by Goji in Riverdale, so if you are willing to travel up here, I could host.
I have found a few good programs for brackets, and if that doesn't work. we can pull from the hat and write our own brackets lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have found a few good programs for brackets, and if that doesn't work. we can pull from the hat and write our own brackets lol
Well, there's already that program Tio which most Smash tourneys use.
So we should just stick with that.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
My Noah.

Its not much, but its there.
I mean that mostly in terms of cost. It costs a bit of money to run, and you'd probably need to buy 2 or 3 rooms. So if you get a lot of Smashers there, then it works.
If you don't, then it doesn't.

Just listing options.

The Orem PnT manager will either let you run it immediately, or he would be the same as the other manager. Its an either or situation.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I have Tio on my laptop we could use.
Good,that's what I was going to use. haha

My Noah.

Its not much, but its there.
I mean that mostly in terms of cost. It costs a bit of money to run, and you'd probably need to buy 2 or 3 rooms. So if you get a lot of Smashers there, then it works.
If you don't, then it doesn't.

Just listing options.

The Orem PnT manager will either let you run it immediately, or he would be the same as the other manager. Its an either or situation.
Keep us informed on the whole Orem PnT stuff.
I will ask the gamecrazy near my house. good friends with the employee's there.
I will see what I can do. make sure if you ask places, to tell them that it brings business. and they get a cut in the pay from all the smashers. what is it. 10% that draper PnT was making?

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Hello everyone,

I live in Utah, but I'm not close enough to go to the Tourney of Fates at the Play n Trade. (The fact that I can't drive adds to the difficulty, haha.) After hearing that it was canceled and y'all were looking for a new place to host, I was wondering who you guys have already contacted. If needed, I could do some calling around at the Game Crazies and Gamestops in my area, seeing if they're willing to host either weeklies or the tournament. If you PM me, I'd be glad to give my general location.

Hoping I can help,

Foxtrotter

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey a new Utah smasher :) What part of Utah do you live in? We're still looking for options, so if you'd want to check with them that could work.

-Final-

Aria♪
Hello everyone,

I live in Utah, but I'm not close enough to go to the Tourney of Fates at the Play n Trade. (The fact that I can't drive adds to the difficulty, haha.) After hearing that it was canceled and y'all were looking for a new place to host, I was wondering who you guys have already contacted. If needed, I could do some calling around at the Game Crazies and Gamestops in my area, seeing if they're willing to host either weeklies or the tournament. If you PM me, I'd be glad to give my general location.

Hoping I can help,

Foxtrotter
Any PlaynTrade or Gamecrazy would be better for me than someone's house...

I could probably go if you rent some building for it, but if you decide to host one at Sada's apartment for example, I could not.

They need to do melee at this. I hardly ever play brawl anymore...

r3d d09

Smash Master
Welcome Foxtrotter. Now I'm not the newest member to get involved =P
I pass the nub stick to you. now your job is to show what us skills you have and place atleast 7th at a weekly... if there ever is a weekly again. ha =]

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
OMG, Chad Bobo is already kickin ah on his mission. Baptizing people like crazy lol :S

Just wanted to update you guys (Those few smashers who actually know Chad) and I would have posted in utah thread but then mike would have given me an infraction.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Hey a new Utah smasher :) What part of Utah do you live in? We're still looking for options, so if you'd want to check with them that could work.
I live in the northern part, I guess. xD Within about fifteen minutes from Antelope Island, if that can be used as a reference point.

Hello there.
Welcome to the Utah Smash community where everyone has left/will leave such as myself. :chuckle:
Haha, thanks. : )

Welcome Foxtrotter. Now I'm not the newest member to get involved =P
I pass the nub stick to you. now your job is to show what us skills you have and place atleast 7th at a weekly... if there ever is a weekly again. ha =]
Well, as long as the weeklies/tournies are held close, I can get involved. I have to rely on parents to bus me around... =/

Oh, joy, the nub stick. Better sharpen up my Brawl skills, then! :chuckle:

Sada

Smash Cadet
I live in the northern part, I guess. xD Within about fifteen minutes from Antelope Island, if that can be used as a reference point.
:
So, not too far from West point, Clearfield, Layton area.

Not many people live in the northern part. I'm probably the closest smasher to you. I live up in the Riverdale-Roy area. Its quite a ways down to the tournaments and smash fests. We might be able to car pool.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Well, as long as the weeklies/tournies are held close, I can get involved. I have to rely on parents to bus me around... =/
Oh, joy, the nub stick. Better sharpen up my Brawl skills, then! :chuckle:
So if Sada does hold tourneys that could work for you but Layton is closer so if you get a tourney going at a store there then that would work better for the rest of us.

So do you play Melee at all, and if so, do you main Fox? :upsidedown:

r3d d09

Smash Master
So if Sada does hold tourneys that could work for you but Layton is closer so if you get a tourney going at a store there then that would work better for the rest of us.

So do you play Melee at all, and if so, do you main Fox? :upsidedown:
Better for everyone except, I'm quoting here " the mexican brothers" haha. If we do get some activity north, that'd be bomb. give me excuses to see other friends up there since I will travel for smash stuff more than seeing friends O.o oddity and a half?

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Any PlaynTrade or Gamecrazy would be better for me than someone's house...

I could probably go if you rent some building for it, but if you decide to host one at Sada's apartment for example, I could not.

They need to do melee at this. I hardly ever play brawl anymore...
Renting a building would skyrocket tourney prices without giving much back to the contestants therefore less people would want to join meaning renting a place would be a giant waste of time....

There is a high chance that we will be hosting a tourney at My house on the 3rd Saturday. lots of smashers have been here before (if only once)... its not huge but it will work let me know what you think and ill get back with details on exactly when and where my house is.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I might be able to go to this one, but the third Saturday's stretching it.
I should be coming back on July 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom