• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

coach

Smash Apprentice
hey im a melee player from the south but ill maybe play some brawl and 64. I'm gonna be in the halifax area from july 19th-august 15th. if anyone wants to throw down in some melee especially pm me or reply here.

p.s. i will money match people in melee if they want :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Spaceman, just post your name, tag and where you live in this topic and I'll post it on the FB group

coach, I'd be down, we might have a bi-weekly then, so i'll show up. 5$ MM? ;)

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
haha bi-weekly? no

post to the facebook page for me, im not in the group anymore

"I MAY be attending, but it's not 100%. I'l play Brawl and Melee. Kevin Walker - 2112 - Cape Breton"

how much is it to play?

Adapt

Smash Lord
My melee skills are pretty much non-existent. I won some matches against Paul at the bi-weekly because he suicided a lot :D

Is Bedford too far to go for a bi-weekly for you guys? I can probably host (I have to clear it first with my parents), and there's a big TV in the basement and I have one in my room that can be moved downstairs.

I'll post this on the FB group as well

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Disaster! My beautiful melee controller finally bit the dust this weekend. On the bright side, I ordered a sexy white one. Sexy.

On topic now, whats going to be the rules for melee? Mostly I'm wondering whats banned... specifically Green Greens? Mute City? Corneria? Wobbling? Pink Luigi?

jk zhao, jk

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
the melee ruleset will follow the official SWF almost exactly. the only changes i can think of would be minor house rules.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You guys want to give me the ruleset that almost every tournament uses, which also follows the SBR ruleset? I host big scale national tournaments once a year so I know what I'm talking about. :)

P.S. Mute City is always banned in Doubles because it lags. For Singles, I've never heard of it being banned, and it's a VERY popular counterpick so don't ban it in singles. I don't know why they would ban it in Singles at Pound 4, but I expect that to be fixed some time soon.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Perhaps the fact that its a very popular counterpick is actually evidence FOR a ban. Personally, I dont care too much either way, but I dont really enjoy fighting peach or jiggs there. Or fox on Green Greens for that matter.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I doubt we'll ban it, we didn't ban Norfair or Corneria for Brawl singles. We like all the stages XP

Anyone down for Melee/Brawl MMs at Tyler's bi-weekly? I'm going 5$ max, I have to save up for some school stuff.

Hit me up if you're down.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
There is little to no evidence whatsoever to ban Mute City. Most of the reasons why most people suggest a ban on it are not necessarily relative to the criteria used to ban a stage. The cars really can't kill (I have NEVER seen them directly kill anybody), and the fact that the stage "moves" provides more neutrality as there are no static platforms / lack thereof to provide advantages to certain characters over others.

Top Bottom