• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Whats the one thing in Zelda that you love/hate the most?

Jonas

Smash Champion
I love going into a dungeon, being totally puzzled by the complex design and little by little working your way around it until you kill the boss and you know where every room in the dungeon is :bee:
Yeah, I like dungeons, but in MM, I really love the side quests just as much.

One thing I hate... finding a red rupee or something in a chest when your wallet is completely full >_>

Spire

III
BRoomer
One thing I hate... finding a red rupee or something in a chest when your wallet is completely full >_>
Well, Twilight Princess fixed this. That was one thing that I jumped for joy over when I first discovered it. Also, I knew the game was going to be incredibly different from then on out, and in many regards it was.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I hated how randomly in Twlight princess I would find an ordernary ruby lying on the rode, and it decided to take time out and inform me that I just got a green ruby! :/

Scott!

Smash Lord
Crashic: It would tell you the first time you got any rupee larger than green each time you turned the game on. I'd often go wild in some grass till I got a blue one whenever I started playing, just to get the message out of the way. Other times, it'd just pop up after half an hour of me laying and I'd have a wtf moment before I realized it was the first time I'd gotten that rupee type since turning it on.

DaMissingLink

Smash Rookie
Again, I just want to say how happy I am that this turned out to be such a "hot topic", but I wanted to ask you guys what my next thread should be about

Scott!

Smash Lord
DML: It's a good thread, but don't feel pressure to follow up with more just for the sake of thread-making. When you have a good discussion topic that isn't covered in another thread, then make it. Or just bring it up in the general discussion thread if it's not that big a topic.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
My favorite thing about Zelda will always be the exploring the world. To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy with just that. Twilight Princess's world despite being beautiful, wasn't very driving to me to search through. Wind Waker on the other hand had this huge world full of charecter. Even when I was at 100 percent, exploring the world was still a blast.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who loves Endless Ocean:lick:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just remembered something that really ticks me off when playing a LoZ game.

Getting stuck on a puzzle for a while and then realizing that answer is so simple that you wonder how you could have gotten stuck on it. Every single LoZ game I play, this always happens to me at some point uring a dungeon.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
My favorite thing about Zelda will always be the exploring the world. To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy with just that. Twilight Princess's world despite being beautiful, wasn't very driving to me to search through. Wind Waker on the other hand had this huge world full of charecter. Even when I was at 100 percent, exploring the world was still a blast.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who loves Endless Ocean:lick:
I love to explore new places and I didn't think that Twilight Princess's world is large too.

I always feel good when I'm exploring a new place. The feeling is good.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I hate Tingle. He needs to die in a fire.....of burning ****. Then get revived so he can die in a fire...again....

Other than that, I love everything when it comes to Zelda. Even the frustrating stuff mentioned before doesn't bother me at all.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah, TP's overworld really sucked D:
It was large, but it was made up of a lot of tiny little areas with gorges or rock walls between them. It wasn't as much an area as it was i series of paths that you couldn't stray from. This is something they could do a lot better in Zelda Wii to make exploring more worthwhile :lick:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I hate Tingle. He needs to die in a fire.....of burning ****. Then get revived so he can die in a fire...again....

Other than that, I love everything when it comes to Zelda. Even the frustrating stuff mentioned before doesn't bother me at all.
:link:
Tingle hates you...
I really don't see the problem with Tingle. What is the reason to hate him? If you say it's because of how he looks, then that's a lame excuse (so is the Wind Waker deciphering prices...you get money like a bad habit in that game). Not trying to argue you or anything, your entitled to your likes/dislikes...I'm just kind of a Tingle fan if you look @ my sig and profile. el oh el

Jonas

Smash Champion
The way he dresses, the way he acts, the way he sounds and the fact that makes a business out of Link attempting to save the world is something that I really can't take :mad:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd happily vote Tingle for SSB4 as a joke character to rival Jigglypuff and Pichu. Tingle has this effect on me:

I'll be playing through a new Zelda game when suddenly Tingle pops up and I'm like, "oh no, not you!" But, I'm intrigued to find out what kind of crap he's going to put me through this time around. He was created as an obnoxious character and I honestly wouldn't have the Zelda series without him. It's like cutting Rip Taylor from Sigmund and the Seamonsters.

The Zelda series becomes more and more characterized with every title, and Tingle has one of the most colorful personalities of the lot. He's a hoot!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I'm not a great Tingle fan, but I think you're being very radical. I'm not doubting or criticizing you, but I see no reason why you hate Tingle.

Honestly, I thought Tingle very funny (I always got good laughs about him) and he served me very well selling maps and other items. What he did to you ? If he is always floating through a balloon.

Anyway, I see no problem about you hate Tingle.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Tingle and I got off to a bad start. I first encountered him, like most of us, in MM. I was ready for some more OoT-like action, and I got more than I could hope for. But as I was exploring, I realized that something was wrong, terribly wrong. In OoT, my maps would be drawn just by entering a new place (except dungeons, but yeah). But now... no maps!?! I met Tingle and found that he had decided to capitalize on my map needs, and was pretty ticked that now I had to pay for something I'd once gotten for free. In talking to him, I realized that he was very creepy. He clearly had some sort of man-child complex thing going on. Plus he had creepy magic words and pranced about. I didn't like him.

But I didn't hate him yet. Years later, when I finally got WW, I was doing my thing on Windfall, when I met Tingle in the prison (that was the first sighting, I think... it's been forever). I am horrified and confused. How in the world did he get here, ages in the future? And why would anyone bring him back? He was a creepy old guy with mental health issues. Later on, I find that he has an island, slaves, and that it's required to pay him lots of cash to progress the plot, and now I hate him. He's the most unpleasant character I've met in games. Really, he should be a villain, what with the slave ownership and all. Worst recurring character ever.

Also, he's in OoA (and OoS? I forget.). Get out of my Zelda, creepy old guy.

However, I wouldn't want him to get the ****-fire someone mentioned above. That's just a little too cruel. I'd rather he be forgotten forever, or just have his own diverging subseries and never reenter the Zelda canon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just how much cash does Tingle charge you (I would prefer that someone describe how much he charges each time, not the total amount)? I come across money a good deal in the Great Sea, and unless Tingle charges a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of money, I don't see how it can be that horrible.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm not a great Tingle fan, but I think you're being very radical. I'm not doubting or criticizing you, but I see no reason why you hate Tingle.
I just wanted to give him a death beyond the normal boundries. If I'm radical for thinking outside the box, then call me radical!

I didn't give a reason cause I was short on time. But everyone pretty much answered for me. I think it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact he's a hideous man-child who, at 35 years of age, would rather prance around as a fairy than actually be a vital part of society. Plus, he exploits Link wherever possible. It's really frustrating when you spend more time on your first playthrough trying to find the maps, then PAY for a translation for EACH freaking map, then find the locations on each map, then you do in one or two dungeons.

Essentially, he's a creepy old man who makes what has always been given to you a lot more costly to obtain, both in money and time. EXTORTION!

And I still think he should die in a fire. Before you call me radical again, I should tell you that I said I love every aspect of the Zelda series, including the frustrating parts. So it tells you it takes a lot, and I mean A LOT, to get me upset about something, and Tingle makes up that bunch. I only included the **** part because it was outside the norm, and for some reason, it just sounded funny in my head. Fire...of ****.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hmm.. I've always seen Tingle as a parallel to Wario. Because Zelda is a more confined series without party-game spinoffs, Tingle will probably continue to appear in the main games, rather than just his own (being the only spinoffs). I'd personally love to see some other-genre Zelda spinoff games though, like a full-fledged classic fighter and a racer (yes that's right).

EDIT: You guys realize that he's created and implemented as a tease directly to Link and the player, right? Link was created as the green-garbed hero to link the player to the game. Tingle seems to serve the purpose of mocking Link with his outfit and jerk nature of robbing you of rupees, and you by being a truly obnoxious character. What makes him even better is.. we can't kill him!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Essentially, he's a creepy old man who makes what has always been given to you a lot more costly to obtain, both in money and time. EXTORTION!
That's really makes sense. I understand your reasons now.

Tingle really makes extortions against people.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I love Tingle. He's a freaky old dude who wants to be a fairy. It has always baffled me how he could get into those tights. :confused:

As a matter of fact, I am working on a 3D sculpture of him even as we speak. Why? Beats me. Just for fun, I guess.

I call him: creepy Tingle!

[/IMG]

He has no body yet... Oh well.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hmm.. I've always seen Tingle as a parallel to Wario. Because Zelda is a more confined series without party-game spinoffs, Tingle will probably continue to appear in the main games, rather than just his own (being the only spinoffs). I'd personally love to see some other-genre Zelda spinoff games though, like a full-fledged classic fighter and a racer (yes that's right).

EDIT: You guys realize that he's created and implemented as a tease directly to Link and the player, right? Link was created as the green-garbed hero to link the player to the game. Tingle seems to serve the purpose of mocking Link with his outfit and jerk nature of robbing you of rupees, and you by being a truly obnoxious character. What makes him even better is.. we can't kill him!
@Clownbot: It's been years, and this is straight from memory, but I believe that the number per map was around 350 rupees, for eight maps. 2800 rupees is a lot, even in WW.

@Spire: Well, if there's any character who I can hate as much (and more!) as Tingle, it would be Wario. Ugh. 100% everything that can be wrong with a person is wrong with Wario. He makes Tingle almost tolerable. Almost, but not quite. At least he wasn't in TP. Perhaps that's a hint that Tingle's time in the console Zeldas is over and now is his time to shine in spin-offs only.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I bet Tingle found all the Triforce pieces throughout the 8 different caves, replaced them with maps that didn't make any sense and hid the pieces different places at sea so that anyone seeking them would have to pay him a lot of money to find them.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Well, if there's any character who I can hate as much (and more!) as Tingle, it would be Wario. Ugh. 100% everything that can be wrong with a person is wrong with Wario. He makes Tingle almost tolerable. Almost, but not quite. At least he wasn't in TP. Perhaps that's a hint that Tingle's time in the console Zeldas is over and now is his time to shine in spin-offs only.
I hate Wario too. I agree with everything you said about Wario.
Wario really makes Tingle almost tolerable.

Actually Tingle don't bother you, since he is always floating through a balloon in the air and you don't have an obligation to talk with him, unless you're looking for Maps or Items. I assume, I don't like the way he rob you, but my wallet was always full and I didn't have problems to buy his products.

I bet Tingle found all the Triforce pieces throughout the 8 different caves, replaced them with maps that didn't make any sense and hid the pieces different places at sea so that anyone seeking them would have to pay him a lot of money to find them.
If had he done so, he would be much more hated.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tingle is a guy... who wants to be a fairy. I don't know about anyone else, but I find that to be f*cking hilarious, especially after playing Rosy Rupeeland. Like him or not, Zelda isn't Zelda without him.

Also, rupees were everywhere in WW. Running through the Savage Labyrinth one or two times wasn't just easy, it was fun. :rolleyes:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Like him or not, Zelda isn't Zelda without him.
I think Zelda could definitely hold up without him. There were five amazing games before he came into the picture after all.

Though he has become a staple and I would hate to see a game that doesn't go so far as to mention him (like Purlo in TP).

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I think Zelda could definitely hold up without him. There were five amazing games before he came into the picture after all.

Though he has become a staple and I would hate to see a game that doesn't go so far as to mention him (like Purlo in TP).
Agreed.

About Tingle being a Fairy...
Just Imagine:
Tingle being a fairy in the game with some divine power which Link has to do something to acquire this power to be more strong.

lanky_gunner would hate this !

LOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!

Well, I was thinking about Tingle and lunky_gunner is a little bit right.

XACE-K

Smash Master
As much as I hate him, I gotta agree. Tingle will most likely appear in any of the Celda games (for however long it continues) but be mentioned or referenced by a character in any of the adult Link games.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
About Purlo, the "Twilight Princess's Tingle"...
I think he is a tremendous sucker which thinks he is smart enough to cheat Link. Also, he thinks he commands a truly Hard Mini-Game.

I really don't like him.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

OMG! I say a little thing and its a Tingle paradise. *tear* WONDERFUL!
Just to clear some things...Tingle is not a man/child lover...proved in his woman fantasies in Rosy Rupeeland. I'll give you the edge on being 35 and how he looks.

I really wish I could stay and chat, but I have limited to no computer access, so I'll leave you guys with my beast Tingle signature (if it feels like showing).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Regardless of what people say, I don't think I'll ever have a remote distinction of liking Tingle, in probably the same manner I'll never convert you, Creo.

He creeped me out when I saw him in Majora's Mask, and every time he pops up, I dislike him even more, due to whatever coherent reason he has to show up in the game.

Even still, he has that personality that makes me just...want to punch him in the face...but I guess pretending to chop off his limbs with Link's sword is all I can have at this point...which is still as pretty good feeling if you ask me.

I guess, though, I can also say I'm not a big fan of Kaepora Gaebora either, but luckily you can skip most of his dialogue. Too bad he can't be avoided, like Tingle can.

Maybe I just have a certain disdain for people I want to avoid, but can't.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I love the Mailman. I actually anticipate his "dun uh huh huh huh huh HUH!" song he sings.

The guy I hate the most is King Zora. Every time I want to get to Lord Jabu Jabu, I have to watch him scoot his sorry *** over, which takes a tremendously long time!

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea i think king zoras noises might just piss me off more than the mailman actually. thanks for reminding me lol

Top Bottom