• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Whats the one thing in Zelda that you love/hate the most?

finalark

SNORLAX
The thing I love the most about Zelda? Twilight Princess, or Majora's Mask. Just TP or MM, I don't know how to describe them any other way.

What I hate the most? Tingle. I hate him more than I hate Water Temples.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hate the original water temple, the original redead, Tingle's money laundering and mass theft, and the fact that there is anything in Twilight Princess that gives ignorant people a reason to hate it. Also, I dislike the Temple of the Ocean King and the very....uhm... I dunno, I feel like the Wind Waker's sailing was many times better than Phantom Hourglass's.

But my biggest hate are the shooting galleries in Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass. UGH...

Aside from that, everything is awesome. I remember every 3D Dungeon, almost every boss fight, and how to have fun with every weapon and tool. Less can be said about the 2D games, those dungeons all look the same to me. =P

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge fan of the water temple, but I have to say that I like the water temple because of the difficulty of the temple. Plus, The structure of Water Temple is awesome and this temple has amazing textures of everything making the temple very stylish and unique, Imo.

The only thing that I hate in Water Temple is the fact that you can beat both Mini-Boss and Boss easily, except Morphell (TP). There's no difficulty to beat these Water Temple's Bosses, I guess.

Lmao... I'm a little bit surprised because people really dislike the water temple.

All the rooms were kinda similar, but it wasn't THAT bad :p
Agreed.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Lmao why do everyone hate water temple? All the rooms were kinda similar, but it wasn't THAT bad :p
As I've mentioned numerous times before, it's usually because they miss one small detail, like a key. As such, they circle around and around like some drunk spaz until they find what they're looking for. And honestly, when you spend that much time to realize the key was underneath an easily approachable platform, you're gonna develop some kind of hatred.

Once you look past it, the Temple becomes much more enjoyable.

Lmao why do everyone hate water temple? All the rooms were kinda similar, but it wasn't THAT bad :p
I played OoT on an emulator on a crappy computer. Everytime I would pause, my computer would freeze for a minute, and slowly navigate the menus.

Changing boots was twice as hard as it should've been.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I played OoT on an emulator on a crappy computer. Everytime I would pause, my computer would freeze for a minute, and slowly navigate the menus.

Changing boots was twice as hard as it should've been.
Well that's your fault, isn't it ;)

Btw, awesome name.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I hate how the games are boring after just one playthrough.

I hate how the games have no storyline and a mute main character who couldn't be interesting if he tried. Of course, this is a first party Nintendo title, so that's no surprise at all.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
Favorite:
-HMS. Can't go wrong with that guy, favorite video game character of all time.
-The mini boss in the Fire Temple in OoT. He reminds me of a chicken. ^_^
-Everything thing else about zelda: the timelines, coming up with theories, just the whole....big picture is quite amazing. <3

Least favorite:
-How in the forest temple, if you get too many keys and use them in the wrong places, you're screwed (happened to me twice)-OoT
-Water Temple-OoT
-NAVI. >< -obvi OoT
-TINGLE.
-Being forced to be the wolf in TP. >_<

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

I hate how the games have no storyline and a mute main character who couldn't be interesting if he tried. Of course, this is a first party Nintendo title, so that's no surprise at all.
No offense to this, but it sounds like you don't like the Zelda series at all.

The point of the mute character is to develop a connection, like to say YOU are the one who is supposed to be talking through him. You control him, so it's you who is doing everything, including the speech he may be saying.

I think it would just ruin the experience if he talked.

And if you honestly can't go back and play through a game a second time, then it obviously shows you don't like it. I go back and play a ton of my Zelda games over and over again. I mean that's the beauty of it! When you go through Ocarina, talk to a random stranger, and know what they'll say!

"I hate foxes!"

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

No storyline? :laugh: You're kidding right? This is Zelda we're talking about, not Super Mario Bros. Haven't you played OoT yet?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love the timeline.

I hate the timeline.

That's what it boils down to.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Link never talks. It's kinda like annoying because when people say something to you, he doesn't say anything. It,s as if they would know what u want without saying anything.

Top Bottom