• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Whats the one thing in Zelda that you love/hate the most?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I love the Mailman. I actually anticipate his "dun uh huh huh huh huh HUH!" song he sings.
I actually don't understand why he acts like a crazy man and why he is always sitting on the floor reading his letters.

Well, he was a "normal" man which everyday deliver the letters in Majora's Mask and I didn't understand why he acts different in Twilight Princess.

OoT characters make a lot of ridiculous noises. Even Link with his "HHYYYEEEAHH!" voices.
Agreed.

Honestly, I still like some voices of OoT's Link than TP's Link.

*Another Off-Topic thing, but about the Link voices:
Even in Smash Bros. Series, I still prefer the OoT's Link voice than TP's Link voice, especially the SOUND of the Master Sword's attacks which I liked a lot in SSB64 and Melee. The Sound of the Master Sword in Brawl is so bad and doesn't make any "Brutal Sound" as it was in SSB64 and Melee.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the cut-scene where King Zora moves over is one of the greatest cut-scenes of all time. I actually look forward to it on replays, because it is amazing and wonderful.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the cut-scene where King Zora moves over is one of the greatest cut-scenes of all time. I actually look forward to it on replays, because it is amazing and wonderful.
There's more truth in this statement than the Declaration of Independence.

On another note, I love Falbi and Fyer -- you know, the ex-circus members at Lake Hylia:

They're undeniably weirdos, but the fact that they were in a circus makes me ask, "why can't we see the circus!" I'd love to see what happens in a Zelda-themed circus act filled with Falbi, Fyer, and other Tingle-like characters.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Fyer is my main man! is one of my favorite characters in TP... except for Yeto and Yeta and Telma (I just like bigger women, I guess).

Though he creeps me out as a clown. What kind of sadistic circus was he in anyways? It looks like a circus that you would hear the Village People at. You would sit down at this circus and realize that the tent is rainbow-colored and there are no women in the stands.

Look at their clothes! Usually when I picture clowns, I picture BAGGY shirts and pants. But they both barely have a shirt at all! Maybe they were part of the circus craze "Transvestival?"

And poor Fyer looks none too happy about it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
To cap:
The Majora's Mask postman is awesome, yah (+10 if you get it).
The Twilight Princess one was okay, and the Ocarina of Time one was annoying. He always beat you by 1 second, no matter how fast you went.
King Zora is AMAZING, and I love that scene. By far one of the best in video game history.
Moonwalking/Irish Jig Majora is great.
I got to go. el oh el

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
:link:
To cap:
The Majora's Mask postman is awesome, yah (+10 if you get it).
Yah is the only verbal sound he makes in the whole game. I gotta say, it's funny when he's communicating with Anju, she pesters him for information on the letter, all he says is YAH! Take the letter, I don't know, I just deliver them.

King Zora's scooting used to bother me, but not anymore.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
On another note, I love Falbi and Fyer -- you know, the ex-circus members at Lake Hylia.

They're undeniably weirdos, but the fact that they were in a circus makes me ask, "why can't we see the circus!" I'd love to see what happens in a Zelda-themed circus act filled with Falbi, Fyer, and other Tingle-like characters.
I think Falbi and Fyer are very funny too.

I don't know "Why can't we see the circus!".

I totally agree with you Spire III. Would be nice if the game could have a circus filled with Falbi, Fyer, and other Tingle-like characters, especially with Tingle. lol

I have to say that the only thing that I don't like about Falbi and Fyer is the Music Theme.

Wuss

Smash Champion
Was just playing MM, and after beating the first dungeon boss with 20 seconds left, ended up not having enough time to return the princess and then didn't save in time either, so I lost everything. Now I have to redo that entire sequence, and don;t want to play MM again, ever. Please post something to encourage me to play it...

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Was just playing MM, and after beating the first dungeon boss with 20 seconds left, ended up not having enough time to return the princess and then didn't save in time either, so I lost everything. Now I have to redo that entire sequence, and don;t want to play MM again, ever. Please post something to encourage me to play it...
three words come to mind: Slow down time. The first temple is unfathomably easy, especially with time slowed down (Giving you a good hour to beat it, which should be simple enough.) Plus, if you already beat the boss, you dont even have to do the temple again. Just jump on the Majora slab at the start of the temple to skip all the way to the boss.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Why should you continue? Well, it's a great game and you're not that far into it. You've done my least-favorite of the dungeons, so they only get better from there out. Then again, there's a decent amount of hate against the third dungeon from what I hear. I like it though. But you should be able to pass through to Odolwa like Zanbeena said. Definitely take note of what he said with slowing down time. The scarecrow under the observatory should have told you how, but if not, play the Song of Time backwards. Also, budget your time. Don't start a dungeon at 6 o'clock on the third day; you won't finish.

Actually, rereading what you said, did you not play the Song of Time in time? Cause if not, then you will have to do everything again, including the dungeon, which is rough. But on the bright side, I doubt you'll let it happen again.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Why should you continue? Well, it's a great game and you're not that far into it. You've done my least-favorite of the dungeons, so they only get better from there out. Then again, there's a decent amount of hate against the third dungeon from what I hear. I like it though. But you should be able to pass through to Odolwa like Zanbeena said. Definitely take note of what he said with slowing down time. The scarecrow under the observatory should have told you how, but if not, play the Song of Time backwards. Also, budget your time. Don't start a dungeon at 6 o'clock on the third day; you won't finish.

Actually, rereading what you said, did you not play the Song of Time in time? Cause if not, then you will have to do everything again, including the dungeon, which is rough. But on the bright side, I doubt you'll let it happen again.
Time was never a problem for me when it came to the first dungeon. If you slow down time, it's not difficult at all to beat it before time runs out. Did you slow down the time and begin the dungeon as early on the first day as possible?

Wuss

Smash Champion
No see, I didn't get the slow time song from the scarecrow, and I didn't save after beating the first dungeon cause I jumped into the water (by accident) with like 5 seconds left, and couldn't swim to shore fast enough. But it's a moot point I guess cause I beat it again using the song, so I had plenty of time.

I'm still not sure I like the game yet, cause a lot of it seems really repetitive and frustrating, but we'll see. I'm guessing it gets better.

sweft1915

Smash Rookie
Dude Legend of Zelda is awesome. You just hating. I have Twilight Princess and its alright, it doesnt suck, but still if thats your opinion thats fine with me:p:psycho::ohwell:

Scott!

Smash Lord
No see, I didn't get the slow time song from the scarecrow, and I didn't save after beating the first dungeon cause I jumped into the water (by accident) with like 5 seconds left, and couldn't swim to shore fast enough. But it's a moot point I guess cause I beat it again using the song, so I had plenty of time.

I'm still not sure I like the game yet, cause a lot of it seems really repetitive and frustrating, but we'll see. I'm guessing it gets better.
It's really not too repetitive at all. The time thing is pretty easy to work around. Just make sure that when you start a new area, you start a new set of days. Also, make sure to warp to Clock Town and save your money before you play the Song of Time. Having some easy money at the start is pretty useful at times.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also, make sure to warp to Clock Town and save your money before you play the Song of Time. Having some easy money at the start is pretty useful at times.
Like getting the Gilded Sword. Come to think of it, MM uses ruppees the best in comparison to every other game in the series.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was thinking more of buying powder kegs for certain areas, but that works too. I do agree with the rupee usage though. WW was pretty good, as was OoT. TP's money balance just felt off somehow, but I can't really think of how at the moment.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was thinking more of buying powder kegs for certain areas, but that works too. I do agree with the rupee usage though. WW was pretty good, as was OoT. TP's money balance just felt off somehow, but I can't really think of how at the moment.
Maybe because there were a million orange rupees, but nothing to spend them on sans the series of side quests to get the Goron shop established in Hyrule Castle Town, move Malo in, and get the Magic Armor. Aside from that, nothing. I even went so far as to run around Hyrule shooting my whole quiver of arrows just so I could have something to spend my rupees on. I did appreciate that arrows and bombs were harder to find in the world though. You couldn't just chop some bushes and find them - most of the time you had to open small chests or actually buy them from merchants.

The rupees still felt pretty obsolete though, and the whole, "you found a blue/yellow/red rupee" every time you'd turn the game on was obnoxious. I have a hunch that that was a programming error in not recognizing that you've already picked up a thousand already and know how much they're worth.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The worst part was that you put the rupees you couldn't fit in your wallet back into the chest. I've opened the same chests a billion times.
I actually thought that was a great add-on. Of course it was annoying, but at least when you needed some rupees later on (for whatever reason), you could go open that chest again - and if you needed to solve a puzzle to get back to it, even better.

I think one of the coolest parts of TP was that canyon to the east (west on GCN) of Hyrule Castle that you needed to use the spinner to jump from wall to wall on, picking up more and more speed to finally reach the cliff with a chest. There was a Lizalfos or two on the ground. Man that was so awesome.

You know.. come to think of it, the Spinner was used quite a lot outside of the Arbiter's Grounds, particularly around Hyrule Field, mainly just to get to treasure chests, but nevertheless, it wasn't as absolete as so many people make it out to seem. I think it actually had more use than the ball & chain.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I think it's hilarious now whenever I turn on TP and it tells me when I get a blue/yellow/red rupee. At first it was annoying, but now it's moved past that into the realm of hilarity.

As for the Spinner's usefulness, it was used in a few other spots, but unlike the Ball and Chain, it couldn't be used much for combat. Its biggest problem is that it's much more situational, and that it needs the rails to be useful, while the Ball and Chain could be used to fight almost seriously.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, I think it's hilarious now whenever I turn on TP and it tells me when I get a blue/yellow/red rupee. At first it was annoying, but now it's moved past that into the realm of hilarity.

As for the Spinner's usefulness, it was used in a few other spots, but unlike the Ball and Chain, it couldn't be used much for combat. Its biggest problem is that it's much more situational, and that it needs the rails to be useful, while the Ball and Chain could be used to fight almost seriously.
But, Zelda isn't a series all about combat. It's primarily about adventuring, and the spinner is definitely an adventuresome item, unlike the Ball & Chain. That's why the hook/clawshot is the best item ever because it is the most widely used item to explore and can be used very effectively in combat.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
But, Zelda isn't a series all about combat. It's primarily about adventuring, and the spinner is definitely an adventuresome item, unlike the Ball & Chain. That's why the hook/clawshot is the best item ever because it is the most widely used item to explore and can be used very effectively in combat.
You know, this is probably the thing I hate most about the Zelda series. I completely, 100% agree with what you just said, except that the series seems to almost ignore combat. It shies away from it, and if Zelda weren't built up on hype about its' dungeons/puzzles people would start paying more attention to the combat and realize just how mediocre it is. Zelda is a great series, but I have never felt any sense of fulfillment from its' combat. It's not bad... just not unbad.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Well, no, it's not bad. It's just easy. You target, do a super swing, and basically everything dies. Now there are times that combat is NOT easy in Zelda (That secret cave with 50 floors full of monsters? Never got through it.) but generally it's all the same. Would you feel the same if somehow Zelda got harder? Probably not. If moblins wouldnt die on one super-swing, or if creatures were smart enough to dodge the boomerang, then combat would be awesome!

Spire

III
BRoomer
With Zelda Wii changing how everything works (yes, it's all changing - the entire infrastructure, everything, and here's a recent Aonuma interview to prove it: here you go), I hope to see the combat completely redesigned, not to mention the entire game itself. I'm excited and I do not doubt Nintendo's ability to blow us away. I want to see literally everything change, sans Link, Zelda, Ganon, and the gist of Hyrule.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, no, it's not bad. It's just easy. You target, do a super swing, and basically everything dies. Now there are times that combat is NOT easy in Zelda (That secret cave with 50 floors full of monsters? Never got through it.) but generally it's all the same. Would you feel the same if somehow Zelda got harder? Probably not. If moblins wouldnt die on one super-swing, or if creatures were smart enough to dodge the boomerang, then combat would be awesome!
Actually, even if it were harder, it doesn't change how shallow the combat system is. It's pretty much X enemy has Y HP so hit him Z amount of times. If they made it an action RPG, Link would at least have skills/magic and the enemies would have actually somewhat intelligent AI so the combat would become fulfilling - it would have depth. As it stands now, generic enemies in Zelda have pathetic AI, and throwing massive amounts of them at me will still feel just as shallow as fighting three generic monsters would.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
I hate how in Zelda games they make everything so complicated to do. Like, if you want to open a door, you have to find a key and when you use it... it disappears. And then you have to find another key so you can open the next door. I loved everything else about the games, though.

Falcade

Smash Cadet
I HATE any "Water Temple", Navi's "Heyy!, Listen!", Archery Challenges and sometimes when you have to sneak around people/objects.

I LOVE EVERYTHING about Zelda.

datsuke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6961-3675
Gahh, i really hate the room in the first dungeon in LttP which has the 2 blue rats and 1 red one that mimic your movement..i forgot what they were called but that red one was so annoying, it took me forever to find out how to kill it efficiently.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I HATE any "Water Temple", Navi's "Heyy!, Listen!", Archery Challenges and sometimes when you have to sneak around people/objects.

I LOVE EVERYTHING about Zelda.
You just cancelled this entire statement.

Top Bottom