• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Whats the one thing in Zelda that you love/hate the most?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I agree. The problem is Ganondorf has always been MUCH too easy. Some of the other bosses make him look like nothing, especially in TP.
Yeah Phantom7... :ohwell:

If Ganondorf at least had more attacks to perform, he would be more strong. Would be nice if he had some powerful Dark Attacks (For example: Shadow Ball ?:laugh:). I liked a lot the way he perform his attacks in TP, but he doesn't have a good stuff of attacks at all.

As I told my friend... We need to wait for the next LoZ IMO.

DaMissingLink

Smash Rookie
WOW thats all i have to say i started out as a new player and put up this question and its already that popular, thanks everyone :laugh:

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
WOW thats all i have to say i started out as a new player and put up this question and its already that popular, thanks everyone :laugh:
I have to say that you made a nice thread which we disscused many things.

I hope you can keep making nice threads about LoZ, as this one.

Well done.

DaMissingLink

Smash Rookie
I have to say that you made a nice thread which we disscused many things.

I hope you can keep making nice threads about LoZ, as this one.

Well done.
I dont mean to be one of those people who advertises their posts and stuff everywhere but I did put up a new one incase anyone wants to take a look at it

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I hate how Twilight Princess has this really really really long introduction/tutorial section in the beginning of the game. It goes on FOREVER and it's the same exact crap as every other Zelda game.

As a matter of a fact, I didn't like the Twilight World stuff in TP. And I like Navi more than Midna. Yup.

But TP was still a pretty good game, even if I love almost any main Zelda game no matter what.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I hated the ReDeads and Tingle.

I always had to play with the game muted just to avoid that awful scream...:urg:

n88

Smash Lord
Hated - Like Likes, Like Likes, and did I mention Like Likes?

Loved - Like Like Ring (Turned you into a Like Like)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love the ReDeads. Sure, they genuinely scared me back then, and still kind of do, but I love fear like that.

More than anything though, I love the symbolism in Zelda, and how even the simplest concepts pervade every corner of the Zelda universe. It's just magic.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Zanbeena: I like Midna quite a lot, and I also like Navi quite a lot. Both served me well, and neither bothered me.

Redeads terrified me the first time I played. I still get nervous when I have to fight them, though only their OoT/MM forms. They never bother me in other games. Perhaps it's because I only ever suffered at their hands in OoT. But even in the Shadow Temple, when I can kill them in a few hits, I prefer avoiding them, and play the Sun's Song far too often just in case. Gotta love that video game trauma.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think I am the only one who actually liked Midna.
I like a lot Midna, she is nice and funny, IMO.

Listen! I liked Navi too.

lulz

I love the ReDeads. Sure, they genuinely scared me back then, and still kind of do, but I love fear like that.

More than anything though, I love the symbolism in Zelda, and how even the simplest concepts pervade every corner of the Zelda universe. It's just magic.
QUITE Agreed.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
What I hate the most about ALL the Zelda games I played, is when I've spent hours on a dungeon's puzzle and I don't know how to solve it. But the worst part is: the answer is in front of me but is STILL unnoticeable:confused:. I ran into that problem in Metroid Prime as well. And Midna kicked A-S (say it quickly):chuckle:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think I love the exploration more than anything else. And the music is top-notch.

Besides Navi and Tingle, I really don't like some of the puzzles.
In WW, there's the dungeon that you do with Medli, and the puzzles are just downright silly. In some of the rooms, all that you have to do is set Medli down, push blocks along clearly outlined paths, and go. I just feel like, what's the point? I also don't like the unintuitiveness of MC. I don't know what it is, but I felt like I never knew where I was supposed to be, and what I was supposed to be doing. Getting those stupid Pegasus boots was ridiculous.

But hey, that's just me.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@lythium: I agree with your comments on that one WW dungeon. I'm of the firm opinion that the dungeon would have been vastly superior without paths for the mirror blocks. That would make it an actual challenge instead of just an obstacle that's only as long as is physically needed to move the blocks along their paths.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I hope the next Zelda is more about exploration, like the older games. In Twilight Princess it felt like you were never rewarded for going off and exploring, and in many cases they don't let you at all. It's pretty lame. I remember exploring LttP randomly and coming across one of those magic rods (I think it was the Ice one but it's been like 8 years), and the feeling is pretty cool. It's kind of stupid and boring to just find a billion heart pieces.

Oh, and I hate how almost every boss follows the same three-hit pattern.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Love: Epic Ganons/Ganondorfs (OoT, WW, sort of TP Ganon for example), the music, Cuccos attacking you.

Hate: The useless grunts of Ganon's army and other stuff which I can't remember right now.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I hope the next Zelda is more about exploration, like the older games. In Twilight Princess it felt like you were never rewarded for going off and exploring, and in many cases they don't let you at all. It's pretty lame. It's kind of stupid and boring to just find a billion heart pieces.
I agree with you dude.
In Twilight Princes I spent a lot of time seeking for "super secret" stuff and in almost all cases I found an Orange Rupee. The game could have more special items beyond Pieces of Heart, I guess.

Well, the next LoZ could have a larger map with more lands/provinces to explore.

Hate: The useless grunts of Ganon's army
Another thing that I have to agree 100%.

The TP grunts are pretty easy to beat (except the super armored ones) and they don't have a powerful attack that can rack up 4 hearts of your life gauge.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
This is why I miss Iron Knuckles.
That's it. The "super amored ones" are the Iron Knuckles. I like a lot to test my strength against these guys.
Unfortunately, these Iron Knuckles aren't everywhere.
I have to say, that the game could have strong grunts who can give a good **** on you.

EDIT: Nice profile picture Phantom7. The Phantom Ganon... lulz

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That's it. The "super amored ones" are the Iron Knuckles. I like a lot to test my strength against these guys.
Unfortunately, these Iron Knuckles aren't everywhere.
I have to say, that the game could have strong grunts who can give a good **** on you.

EDIT: Nice profile picture Phantom7. The Phantom Ganon... lulz
They made the Spirit Temple worth every play-through.

Your avatar's cool, too. You got the real Ganon.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
He meant that the Iron Knuckles made the Spirit Temple worth playing through due to upping the level of difficulty by providing a worthy challenge.
Thanks Spire.

Well, That's makes sense. Iron Knuckles really helped to enrich the difficulty of Spirit Temple.

Also, Spirit Temple has some powerful grunts which helps to enrich the difficult, IMO.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thanks Spire.

Well, That's makes sense. Iron Knuckles really helped to enrich the difficulty of Spirit Temple.

Also, Spirit Temple has some powerful grunts which helps to enrich the difficult, IMO.
Oh totally, it (and oh my, it's beautiful music) is one of the best parts of the entire game, let alone the whole series. I think what truly captured me was the fact that it capitalized on some of the core concepts of Ocarina of Time, where you had to use the Ocarina itself to finish the temple, warping between the Desert Colossus and the Temple of Time to traverse it as both child and adult. On top of that, it was brilliantly designed, reflecting Middle-Eastern/Egyptian architecture, and in doing so, established ties to our own world. It felt the most realistic of all the temples while feeling the most mystical with its hovering Anubi, focus on mirrors, and again, its chillingly warm Arabic soundtrack.

I absolutely love the Spirit Temple.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Oh totally, it (and oh my, it's beautiful music) is one of the best parts of the entire game, let alone the whole series. I think what truly captured me was the fact that it capitalized on some of the core concepts of Ocarina of Time, where you had to use the Ocarina itself to finish the temple, warping between the Desert Colossus and the Temple of Time to traverse it as both child and adult. On top of that, it was brilliantly designed, reflecting Middle-Eastern/Egyptian architecture, and in doing so, established ties to our own world. It felt the most realistic of all the temples while feeling the most mystical with its hovering Anubi, focus on mirrors, and again, its chillingly warm Arabic soundtrack.

And the spirit temple has two certain somebodies that are my favorite characters in the entire Zelda franchise for some reason. I bet you know who they are.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And the spirit temple has two certain somebodies that are my favorite characters in the entire Zelda franchise for some reason. I bet you know who they are.
Oh yes, of course, of course.

Koume and Kotake are amazing. I'd love to see them return again (and finally establish themselves as recurring characters). I think it takes an appearance in three games to truly attain that title, and yes, I'm counting the Oracles as one game because you need both to encounter them once. Also, they need to have a recent appearance to keep that title, or else they're just "recurring characters in those old games".

So they have OoT, MM, and OoX under the belt. If they would return in Spirit Tracks or Zelda Wii, how awesome that would be :)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace

I totally agree with you Spire.

I absolutely love the Spirit Temple ! (Shadow Temple too).

Another thing, I liked a lot the story of Nabooru. Well, she was "disobeying" the plans of Ganondorf, but I liked the way she helped Link.

Man, everything about Ganondorf, Gerudo People, Gerudo Music and the place of the Gerudo Tribe which is the Desert area is EPIC !

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I totally agree with you Spire.

I absolutely love the Spirit Temple ! (Shadow Temple too).

Another thing, I liked a lot the story of Nabooru. Well, she was "disobeying" the plans of Ganondorf, but I liked the way she helped Link.

Man, everything about Ganondorf, Gerudo People, Gerudo Music and the place of the Gerudo Tribe which is the Desert area is EPIC !
Ah, yes, and also one of the most brilliantly designed areas in the game. WITH THE BEST ****ING MUSIC EVER!!

But the Spirit Temple is freaking amazing - my favorite dungeon of all time next to the Forest Temple.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I always wanted to see a backstory for Ganondorf. We only see him occasionally in OoT, occasionally in WW, and in TP he's is the behind the scenes villain for 95% of the game. Obviously there is much more to our favorite villain than the Legend really lets on. And from the few scraps of almost nonexistent backstory we get of him throughout the entire series of games, he had one impressively exciting life before he became a super villain! I think the Zelda creators should elaborate a little more on Ganondorf, because there is ALOT of questions that need answering. Most notably, how did he come across the power to become a giant pig monster? I dont think that fits into the guidelines of the triforce's powers.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I always wanted to see a backstory for Ganondorf. We only see him occasionally in OoT, occasionally in WW, and in TP he's is the behind the scenes villain for 95% of the game. Obviously there is much more to our favorite villain than the Legend really lets on. And from the few scraps of almost nonexistent backstory we get of him throughout the entire series of games, he had one impressively exciting life before he became a super villain! I think the Zelda creators should elaborate a little more on Ganondorf, because there is ALOT of questions that need answering. Most notably, how did he come across the power to become a giant pig monster? I dont think that fits into the guidelines of the triforce's powers.
I think the pig power comes from combining his own magical abilities with those of the Triforce. He was a warlock before he got the Triforce, as he blasts Link with an energy orb when Link doesn't tell him which way Zelda went.

As far as his backstory goes, I don't know how much more we'll ever hear. I mean, we know a fair bit. He was the one Gerudo male born in his century, and thus became the ruler. He grows unsatisfied with his area of control, due to his motive given in WW, and decides to acquire more. He deceives the king, attacks, and get the Triforce. While there are things we don't know, all of the major events are either covered, or we can at least make a few educated guesses at them. I just get the feeling that there isn't enough new material of significance to make his story worth telling.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
They definitely could elaborate more, but in OoT, Ganondorf really did get some backstory. What we DO know about him is that he was King of the Gerudos and betrayed and killed some of them before leaving to Hyrule to deceive the King and obtain the Triforce. I would have liked to know a little about his childhood and what have you, though.

In OoT, though, Ganon was obviously a giant boar, only dark brown instead of cyan, and had a much more intense look. But on the other hand, the two golden swords made the trident look pretty wimpy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They definitely could elaborate more, but in OoT, Ganondorf really did get some backstory. What we DO know about him is that he was King of the Gerudos and betrayed and killed some of them before leaving to Hyrule to deceive the King and obtain the Triforce. I would have liked to know a little about his childhood and what have you, though.

In OoT, though, Ganon was obviously a giant boar, only dark brown instead of cyan, and had a much more intense look. But on the other hand, the two golden swords made the trident look pretty wimpy.
Wait, I'm a bit unsure about that Ganondorf background info. I know in FSA he betrayed the Gerudo by venturing into the forsaken Pyramid (considered a taboo to them) and was hence, cast out of their tribe despite being their leader. OoT explains that he was their leader, but I'm not so sure about the whole "betraying and killing some of them". If you can clarify, please so, because then I can dump by theory that he was infact reborn at some point.

Also, he had two Tridents in OoT, which totally own his single trident in FSA, ALttP, and OoX.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Doesn't one of the stones say something about a boy being born once every 100 years in their tribe?
Yes, which further supports my theory that Ganondorf was actually reborn at one point rather due to him actually dying at the end of WW.

Magnezone92

Smash Rookie
The thing that I enjoy doing in the old Zelda games was to hookshot on to chest or roofs. That all change when Twilight Princess when you can only clawshot to metal screens.

Top Bottom