• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Whats the one thing in Zelda that you love/hate the most?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Except Wind Waker.

Actually, Twilight Princess is the only 3d Zelda that's an OOT clone.

I love the solid and fun sword play/item usage the most.
I hate the character designs in Twilight Princess just counting one game here. Their faces are like.. strange.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Love the most? Wait, gimme a second... *Goes into full-on sappy mode* Probably the memories of playing OoT. That game was, is, and always will be my favorite game ever, and this is why. My wonder at this massive 3D world, in the first game I owned for my 64, my first 3D system. Seeing the Deku Tree for the first time and imagining his deep voice. Seeing mysterious places that, being a Zelda noob at that time, I didn't know I'd get to, like the Forest Temple and Ice Cavern entrances. My actual surprise when I finally entered the Temple of Time, and came out 7 years older. The night before I played that part, I had a dream about what was inside the temple; there was a large dungeon in the basement. Finally getting to those places that were once unreachable. My first time playing this game, almost 10 years ago, cannot be beaten in my experiences with video games.

I'm 21 now, far too old and "mature" to see a world, virtual, literary, or otherwise, with the same wonder I once did. Wind Waker made a darn good effort, but I had misgivings about the graphic style when I started, so its greatness was spent redeeming itself to me rather than enveloping me in wonder. With TP, I really enjoyed it, but I was 19. I saw the polygons and textures, and not just the world. I saw a remote area and knew how to get there before even knowing the item I knew I needed was actually in the game, like the clawshot, with the exception of spinner puzzles. I can't ever play a game like I did OoT ever again, and that's why I'm as sure and sure can be that it will always be the most important game to me.

*turns off sappy rambling mode*

What do I hate the most? Tingle. His presence is a plague that makes every game he appears in worse off, bar none. There is no other character in any form of fiction that I can think of that I detest with such singleminded passion as Tingle, not even Wario. And I HATE Wario.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I love it for Ganondorf and i hate it for Gyorgos... Yeah, that's the mainpoint^^

I was really excited for every game where Ganondorf was in. I love the battles with him, except the one in OoT. It was just boring. (But on the other side i loved the Ganon fight in OoT)

And i can't wait for the next Ganondorf =D

But i hate this silly fish from MM... `;..;´

Frown

poekmon
I love the way how you can almost always use an item/mount to travel faster in Zelda games. It makes it a lot more enjoyable to backtrack.

I hate the way a lot of items are practically useless outside the caves you find them in.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I hate that MM is the best zelda because every other 3D zelda is a OoT clone.
MM is more of an OoT clone than any other Zelda, honestly. The gameplay is literally almost identical.

I hate that Kotake and Koume arent in more than two games! What the heck?! They are the best villains in Zelda except for Ganondorf!
Eh, personally I like Phantom Ganon and Vaati better, but that's just me. :)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I hate the way a lot of items are practically useless outside the caves you find them in.
Like that thing you get in the desert temple in Tp? That riding gear thing?

When I got it I was like **** YEAH I CAN RIDE ON THIS AND FIGHT BADDIES! Then it started slowing down... and was never used again in another dungeon... j_j

(it may have been used like once or twice but that doesn't matter. >_>)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I loved the scenery. Playing OoT/MM/WW/TP/almost every other game was the most epic journey ever, especially when you play it the first time through and everything is new to you.

'V'

Smash Lord
I love Zelda herself! <3
She's so sweet!

And I just love everything the series has to offer. I really love the stories. I love the puzzles and scenery and the collections of items. The boss fights are fun too.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
lol i take every chance that comes at me to have an easy win but I can see why you would say that
Legend of Zelda Series deserves Bosses with strong attacks (1 Attack Deals 4-7 Hearts of Your Life Gauge) and with a huge health to make the game much more difficult. Just imagine, you beating one of these bosses... it would be an Orgasm.

Easy Bosses it's so sad.

DaMissingLink

Smash Rookie
Legend of Zelda Series deserves Bosses with strong attacks (1 Attack Deals 4-7 Hearts of Your Life Gauge) and with a huge health to make the game much more difficult. Just imagine, you beating one of these bosses... it would be an Orgasm.

Easy Bosses it's so sad.
they make easy bosses because the game itself doesnt have a difficulty so new players have a chance to get better before getting to ganon

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
they make easy bosses because the game itself doesnt have a difficulty so new players have a chance to get better before getting to ganon
Well... That's make sense...

But LoZ Series could be more diffifult and Ganondorf isn't hard to beat.

I think new players could get better during the game, if the game were more difficult as I told in my last post.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
I love trying to collect all of the heart pieces in every game.

I hate how I always get to 19 hearts and give up because I've forgotten which ones I don't have.

I also hate those ceiling master things that transport you to the beginning of the dungeon. They're not that hard to avoid, but sometimes I'm just not paying attention. I was so pissed off the first time it happened. I didn't know what hit me.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I hate the big Moblins from OoT. They may be easy to pick off; but if they see you, even a little bit, they will go APE SH** on you! Not only that, but they scare the crap out of you in the process because they dont even give you a second to react.

I also hate the Moth boss in ALttP. You remember him? It took me several tries to even HIT that blasted thing! it's the biggest clusterf*** i've ever seen. The floor moves, the spikes shoot at you, the moth shoots fire and lasers, and theres NOTHING you can do! AAAAAAAARGH!!!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I hate the big Moblins from OoT. They may be easy to pick off; but if they see you, even a little bit, they will go APE SH** on you! Not only that, but they scare the crap out of you in the process because they dont even give you a second to react.
God, those things used to scare the **** out of me. :laugh: Even recently they've made me jump a couple of times! The one with the club is awesome, though, because he's so freaking huge.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember Mothula exactly, but i can't remember that i had any problems with any boss in ALttP. ;)
And the Moblin in OoT is also not that hard/scary...

But ok, such things are different from person to person =)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Don't collect pieces of heart and the bosses won't be so easy.
Well that's make sense, but Pieces of Heart makes part of the game.

Honestly, if the bosses were much more powerful with strong attacks (One more time, 1 attack deals 4-7 hearts of your life gauge) the game would be balanced.

Just think about that dude.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well that's make sense, but Pieces of Heart makes part of the game.

Honestly, if the bosses were much more powerful with strong attacks (One more time, 1 attack deals 4-7 hearts of your life gauge) the game would be balanced.

Just think about that dude.
Heart pieces are optional. You don't have to collect them, even at the end of a dungeon, and having less life makes bosses harder (even if the bosses are still easy as ****).

Wrath`

Smash Master
I love the reactions the enemies in WW made when you hit them or removed their armor.

I hated paying 398 F****** RUPPES FOR ONE TRIFORCE MAP TO BE TRANSLATED!!!!!!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Heart pieces are optional. You don't have to collect them, even at the end of a dungeon, and having less life makes bosses harder (even if the bosses are still easy as ****).
Assuming that I have only 3 hearts in my life gauge. Honestly, I wouldn't have any difficult to beat Diababa, Fyrus, Armogohma and Argorok. I didn't mention Morpheel, Stallord and Blizzeta cause these bosses have some strong attacks and they have a **** good arena in favor of themselves.

I think collect or find hidden Pieces of Heart proves that you're intelligent or good enough to discover new things in the game. Who don't like to have a strong life gauge ? Honestly, I like to have a strong life gauge with many Hearts cause it allow me to feel calm during certain situations.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Assuming that I have only 3 hearts in my life gauge. Honestly, I wouldn't have any difficult to beat Diababa, Fyrus, Armogohma and Argorok. I didn't mention Morpheel, Stallord and Blizzeta cause these bosses have some strong attacks and they have a **** good arena in favor of themselves.

I think collect or find hidden Pieces of Heart proves that you're intelligent or good enough to discover new things in the game. Who don't like to have a strong life gauge ? Honestly, I like to have a strong life gauge with many Hearts cause it allow me to feel calm during certain situations.
We're going in circles here.

If you want the bosses to be harder, the only thing you can do is A) surrender yourself during the fight or B) have less life. If you want to keep collecting Heart Pieces, that's fine, but you're pretty much making the bosses easier.

rhan

Smash Hero
I love how the story has because so amazing throughout the years.

I hate how much easier each game has been generation after generation.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
We're going in circles here.

If you want the bosses to be harder, the only thing you can do is A) surrender yourself during the fight or B) have less life. If you want to keep collecting Heart Pieces, that's fine, but you're pretty much making the bosses easier.
I totally agree with you dude.

There's nothing that we can do to make the Bosses much more harder. Unfortunately, all bosses (Including Ganondorf) are easy to beat and we have to accept that. That's too bad.

The only thing that I can do is accept the game with these "Boss Problems" and wait for the next LoZ game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I totally agree with you dude.

There's nothing that we can do to make the Bosses much more harder. Unfortunately, all bosses (Including Ganondorf) are easy to beat and we have to accept that. That's too bad.

The only thing that I can do is accept the game with these "Boss Problems" and wait for the next LoZ game.
I agree. The problem is Ganondorf has always been MUCH too easy. Some of the other bosses make him look like nothing, especially in TP.

Top Bottom