• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
But don't you have the belief to immediately lynch the protective claim due to the many options Mafia has tomorrow, marshy?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count

[4]Cacti: Riddle, Rockin, Mentosman, Steel
[3]Riddle: Marshy, Cacti, KevinM
[2]KevinM: Frozenflame, Gheb
[2]Not Voting: Junglefever, Mcfox

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 11th. EST

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Gheb, now that you've had time to think it through, what do you think of the Cacti situation?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not opposed to a Cacti lynch anymore ... Kevins argument about a possible recruiter has merit and the fact that we're at a massive WIFOM situation for D2 either way if neither us nor scum kill him made me change my mind about the situation. It's better for town to lynch him before scum gets a chance for their shenanigans and his role isn't super-userful if scum can stay at home at night.

However, I'm still not sure why not Marshy...he's been unhelpful the whole time and now seems to avoid discussion after being mentioned by mentos and somebody else as potential scum. Plus I fos'd him twice and he never argued my points so I really don't see why not him.
Right now I'm 50/50 between Marshy and Cacti but the Cacti lynch looks almost inevitable now and we probably gain more info on his flip so I guess I'll vote him in the end. Still waiting for Marshy to post something before that though...I'm still suspicious of him.

:059:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm as suspicious of marshy as everyone else, but at this point I think he'd be a better D2 focus.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
FoS Marshy for randomly throwing out "XY dead yet?" nonsense and his OMGUS vote. Can't see this being any helpful for town.
i omgus'd kevin because i thought his voting me out of nowhere was a joke. do you think it's scummy for me to not fully elaborate on my thought process regarding mcfox? are you against the riddle lynch because you're distrusting of the people who were on his wagon (me steel and kevin) or because you think he's town? or some kind of combination?

The only people I have town reads on at the moment are Frozenflame and Mcfox. I still need to see more from everyone else.
it really bothers me that people are trusting of mcfox. i think you and cacti have both said that you guys believe mcfox to be town. maybe gheb has too. why?

i agree with 556 regardless of riddle's explanation. riddle's still my favorite lynch
But don't you have the belief to immediately lynch the protective claim due to the many options Mafia has tomorrow, marshy?
i take it you mean wifom by "many options"?

frozen what are your thoughts on mentos' argument for lynching cacti? you seemed to be the biggest proponent for not lynching him when he claimed and i'm wondering if it's changed your mind like it has for gheb

However, I'm still not sure why not Marshy...he's been unhelpful the whole time and now seems to avoid discussion after being mentioned by mentos and somebody else as potential scum.
what do you mean by avoiding discussion?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, I believe he's referring to the comments me and Kevin have made that it strikes a strange chord that you've said in other games that protective roles should be lynched as soon as they claim, but have yet to suggest Cacti being lynched, or explain why it is a different situation which makes you stay off.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
i omgus'd kevin because i thought his voting me out of nowhere was a joke. do you think it's scummy for me to not fully elaborate on my thought process regarding mcfox? are you against the riddle lynch because you're distrusting of the people who were on his wagon (me steel and kevin) or because you think he's town? or some kind of combination?
The reasons I'm not trusting the people on the Riddle wagon is mostly due to their weak reasons for their votes. As for Riddle himself ... him pushing the Cacti lynch is a bit too much in my book and as you said post 556 show why he's not clear at all. What I really dislike about Riddle are his REASONS to push the Cacti lynch. Why not just go by Kevin/mentos' simple and effective logic? Instead he tries to pressure him when he has already a lot of votes and nobody is against a Cacti lynch except frozen ... that really seems over-the-topish by Riddle.

But right now there are better lynches. If Cacti flips town then things will look a lot different regarding Riddle.

It is scummy for you to not elaborate on your vote process on voting mcfox when you keep changing your votes all the time and still not post your reasons. Before thit very post I never knew why you were in favour of the Omni wagon at all. McFox is a "blatant scumbag", then it's Kevin and then it's Riddle again... yeah that's pretty anti-town if you don't elaborate on ANYTHING.

it really bothers me that people are trusting of mcfox. i think you and cacti have both said that you guys believe mcfox to be town. maybe gheb has too. why?
If I ever said that I trust McFox then I officially take it back. I don't see why people see him clear either.

what do you mean by avoiding discussion?
The fact that you need to be called suspicious by AT LEAST 3 people before you even attempt to post something as substantial as this post. Is it really necessary that 3 people or more agree that lynching you isn't bad to have you post something of substance?

Marshy, I believe he's referring to the comments me and Kevin have made that it strikes a strange chord that you've said in other games that protective roles should be lynched as soon as they claim, but have yet to suggest Cacti being lynched, or explain why it is a different situation which makes you stay off.
That too but up to now he didn't respond to my points either. I still want this point answered though.

Either way the more I think about it the more it looks like Cacti is the play today. I will probably read more though because I can't get a read on certain people like Rockin, McFox or Jungle. I need to get an idea on their position. Only player I'm trusting atm is mentos.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK

Jungle you're not voting currently but you're in favour of the cacti lynch is that correct? McFox, what are your thoughts on Cacti and Riddle? You're not very vocal atm.

Also I'd like to know who's currently on your scumlist.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yes Gheb that is correct. I am waiting until we get closer to the deadline for the hamma. Nothing said has swayed my opinion.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Kill Riddle tomorrow plz.

People who I think are town are Gheb and Mentos as they have been contributing. McFox not so much anymore as he has fallen silent, still fos Junglefever.

Hammer meeeee

Riddle

Smash Lord
In response to my "over-the-topish-ness" and my bad reasoning, I would like specific examples (Gheb).

I have specifically said (in fact before anybody else) that my primary reasons for wanting Cacti lynched are:

1) His scumminess
2) The fact that he claimed a protective role

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I've just been trying to wrap my brain about how we're going to lynch someone who has a protective role and whose claim we believe. I guess it's justified if there's some kind of mafia recruiter (I read through HP mafia, so I definitely saw what happened there). It just seems like a waste. I wish we had something better, but I'm okay with going with Cacti for today.

As for Riddle, all I can really say is that I've also noticed what pretty much everyone else has, that he seems to be pushing for a lynch that's inevitable. I would've said something about it, but by the time I would have someone else would've mentioned it, and we've already seen what happens whenever two people have the same opinion.

As for a scumlist, I've been busy lately, but I'll try to get something together before deadline.

Also, just pointing this out, no one has to hammer at all. If Cacti has the most votes at deadline, he'll be lynched. That'd give us the maximum amount of time for toDay.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, I probably won't come up with a "scumlist" before deadline. I don't really see the point. The lynch for today is basically set, and tomorrow we'll have brand-new information to go off of anyway. I don't see the advantage of me throwing out a scumlist that would be tenuous-at-best right now anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
In response to my "over-the-topish-ness" and my bad reasoning, I would like specific examples (Gheb).
Specific examples? Your behaviour in its entirety is an example of how to push a scumtell beyond any limit. You keep on pushing for a Cacti lynch? Newsflash: Cacti WILL be lynched toDay there's no need to pressure him, when he's @ L-2 (now L-1) and nobody except one person disagrees with the Cacti lynch (and maybe frozen even changed his mind by now). Your pushing for the Cacti lynch has no purpose.

That's over the top in my book.

Actually, I probably won't come up with a "scumlist" before deadline. I don't really see the point. The lynch for today is basically set, and tomorrow we'll have brand-new information to go off of anyway. I don't see the advantage of me throwing out a scumlist that would be tenuous-at-best right now anyway.
Fair enough.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh and I agree that nobody should hammer at all. We should use the time until the deadline to discuss things instead of just ending the day now. I think even though there's still the NK we can get an idea on how we're supposed to proceed (or how the majority feels we should proceed) for D2 if we goo through things now.

I'd like to know from EVERYBODY:

Who are your suspects depending on Cacti's flip? Who's suspicious if Cacti flips town/scum?
Do you think that scum was throwing Cacti under the bus or should we focus on people, who didn't vote him or didn't push for his lynch?
Is there anybody else scummy to you regardless of Cacti's flip?

If you think it's better for you to not answer these questions I can understand that because it could give scum a good idea on whom they should kill N1 but I think it would be helpful for all players to know your position and stuff. At least Cacti can answer those questions without having to worry about the NK so at least he should answer those questions...

Riddle

Smash Lord
Specific examples? Your behaviour in its entirety is an example of how to push a scumtell beyond any limit. You keep on pushing for a Cacti lynch? Newsflash: Cacti WILL be lynched toDay there's no need to pressure him, when he's @ L-2 (now L-1) and nobody except one person disagrees with the Cacti lynch (and maybe frozen even changed his mind by now). Your pushing for the Cacti lynch has no purpose.

That's over the top in my book.

Fair enough.

Well Okay then. Why is this scummy? Wouldn't scum want to avoid attention? I redally just can't help but push for lynches I feel strongly enough. It doesn't feel okay with me to just sit and watch it happen. If Cacti flips town I realize that wll put suspicion on me but I'm not ever going to sit and let someone who I find scummy get lynched while I sit back.

Furthermore, for a while I was tied with Cacti in votes and I felt I needed to push for his lynch then so that he would get lynched and not me. The point that everyone was comfortable with the Cacti lynch actually was, in my opinion when mentos posted that big post. After that I have cooled down a little.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Gheb said:
I'd like to know from EVERYBODY:

Who are your suspects depending on Cacti's flip? Who's suspicious if Cacti flips town/scum?
Marshy for sure if he flips scum and if he flips town too I guess. Either way scum-marshy would be more hesitant to push Cacti's lynch even after he claimed a protective role. Honestly the fact that MArshy didn't vote Cacti immediately makes me very suspicious. And yes I know this has been brought up by several people.

Scum: Anybody not on his bandwagon, especially you because there have been some connections drawn between you two today.

Town: Anybody just joining his bandwagon and staying along for the ride. If Cacti was town or even indie then scum would probably bandwagon on and try to be unnoticed and not a driving force on the wagon imo.

Gheb said:
Do you think that scum was throwing Cacti under the bus or should we focus on people, who didn't vote him or didn't push for his lynch?
I bet at least one scum is throwing people under the bus. However, the people I think we need to look at are people that joined the wagon late (scum realizing lynch was inevitable) and people not on it all.

Gheb said:
]Is there anybody else scummy to you regardless of Cacti's flip?
Marshy for reasons both others and me have pointed out.

Gheb said:
If you think it's better for you to not answer these questions I can understand that because it could give scum a good idea on whom they should kill N1 but I think it would be helpful for all players to know your position and stuff. At least Cacti can answer those questions without having to worry about the NK so at least he should answer those questions...

Yeah, just answer the questions.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
can't believe people are putting so much stock into me being scum for not pushing for cacti's lynch

cacti's claim isn't JUST a protective role it's also an investigative role. every day he's going to have to give us a result and can easily be caught in a lie if it's manufactured which is why i doubt that it is. i'm aware that it's not necessarily pro-town and am still dwelling on that. faulting me for not pushing his lynch is similar to faulting me for not wanting a jack-of-all-trades dead when he says protecting is one of his 1-shots

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I feel no need to answer the questions as it's all dependent on his flip AND who is night killed in my opinion.

V/LA until monday

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not too sure at the moment in terms of specific alignement.
Ehh...possibly to a no. I'm really unsure, since I don't think mafia would claim two roles at the same time. For all we know, Cacti could be an indie.

Is there anybody else scummy to you regardless of Cacti's flip?
All the people that's on Marshy's grill for not aggressivly voting Cacti cause he claimed protect role. It's basically stupid reasoning. If Mentosman didn't unvote a person that claimed doctor or vig, does this mean he's scum? If KevinM doesn't agressivly/pressure votes someone (which he actually havn't as far as I seen), does this mean KevinM is scummy? These things hold little weight by themselves. For all I know, Marshy COULD be maf, but to use these arguments against him is pretty much fluff.

Scum: Anybody not on his bandwagon, especially you because there have been some connections drawn between you two today.

I bet at least one scum is throwing people under the bus. However, the people I think we need to look at are people that joined the wagon late (scum realizing lynch was inevitable) and people not on it all.
Contridict much?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I thought we were lynching Cacti under the assumption that he's probably town, but that mafia could recruit him and leave us in a pickle? That's the impression I got from mentos, at least, and seems to be the reason that people are claiming that Marshy likes to lynch protective roles.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Contridict much?
No. my point is this the first place to look for scum is the people not on the bandwagon. I really doubt that all of the maf threw Nick under the bus if he's scum. However, since this is a small game I might be over-estimating the number of scum. Either way, I think late bandwagoners with weak reasoning are quite possibly scum.

Riddle

Smash Lord
EBWOP: The end should say "Either way, I think late bandwagoners with weak reasoning are quite possibly scum, assuming Cacti flips scum."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well Okay then. Why is this scummy? Wouldn't scum want to avoid attention?
Wouldn't town want to avoid arguing with WIFOM like you do just now? Do you realize that this is EXACTLY why Cacti is going to die toDay?

No. my point is this the first place to look for scum is the people not on the bandwagon. I really doubt that all of the maf threw Nick under the bus if he's scum. However, since this is a small game I might be over-estimating the number of scum. Either way, I think late bandwagoners with weak reasoning are quite possibly scum.
That's not what you said. This is what you said:

You're sure that at least one scumbag is on the Cacti wagon but you still insist on looking at the people who didn't vote him. You need to elaborate on that because your response @ Rockin isn't sufficient. You just confirmed the thoughts you posted the previous post but didn't actually show how you didn't contradict yourself.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Wouldn't town want to avoid arguing with WIFOM like you do just now? Do you realize that this is EXACTLY why Cacti is going to die toDay?

That's not what you said. This is what you said:

You're sure that at least one scumbag is on the Cacti wagon but you still insist on looking at the people who didn't vote him. You need to elaborate on that because your response @ Rockin isn't sufficient. You just confirmed the thoughts you posted the previous post but didn't actually show how you didn't contradict yourself.

We are getting ahead of ourselves anyways. Let's wait to see Cacti's flip before we have this argument.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Who is hammering and when? And why is Cacti telling me to die. I'm assuming, because he thinks I'm scum, but I wish he would give some kind of reasoning.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
He has, I believe.

Anyway, we still have a little bit of time if anyone wants to discuss anything else.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can we agree that nameclaims are pretty much useless in this game? It's way too easy to claim some random simpson character. Also going by flavour ANY character could be scum.

Just thought I throw that one out since the idea of mass nameclaiming seems to be somewhat popluar in mafia games.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
amazing use of the time we had left. but now it's hammah time

unvote riddle vote cacti

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Day End Vote Count

[6]Cacti: Riddle, Rockin, Mentosman, Steel, Kevin, Marshy
[1]Riddle: Cacti
[2]KevinM: Frozenflame, Gheb
[2]Not Voting: Junglefever, Mcfox

It took 6 to lynch!

"Flanders? Flanders is in my hospital room? Get the hell out of here!"

Ned Flanders the neighborly doctor has been shooed away.

Night actions por favor

due at the last second of the 14th. est.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mr. Burn's is giddy with delight. That stupid employee of his, Homer Simpson, was soon going to get what was coming to him.

Sadly, Mr. Burns's excitement would lead to his downfall. He clutches his chest and collapses. A few minutes later he is pronounced dead.

Riddle, aka Mr. Burns Mafia Yakuza has died of a stroke.

D2 COMMENCE

Day Start Vote Count

[9]Not Voting: Junglefever, Mcfox, Rockin, Mentosman, Steel, Kevin, Marshy, Frozenflame, Gheb

It takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 28th. EST

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Wait...mafia died at night tonight?
Interesting.

redoing another readthrough

Top Bottom