• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Read my post this is not about barrels....... <_____<

And DK can maybe even reflect those lasers, so whats gonna stop him now?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Read my post this is not about barrels....... <_____<

And DK can maybe even reflect those lasers, so whats gonna stop him now?
Provide proof. That URL you posted earlier, isn't working for me either.

@Sam: The immune to electricity part. Those yellow Pikmin can't harm Pichu anyways.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Provide proof? Does anybody in the world besides me play Donkey Kong games then? :p

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Provide proof? Does anybody in the world besides me play Donkey Kong games then? :p
That doesn't excuse you from providing proof..

@Sam: I meant the yellow Pikman who was immune to electricity. Pichu can just electrocute the others.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey don't discuss that match up yet... Trying to make DK win the last one <_< Which he should.

@Ray: Can't find a video yet. YouTube doesn't load here either. Wtf?

EDIT: Proof can be found on both official game sites, not my fault they don't work right?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Hey don't discuss that match up yet... Trying to make DK win the last one <_< Which he should.

@Ray: Can't find a video yet. YouTube doesn't load here either. Wtf?
Your opinions are always biased <_<..

Anyways, Raizen? Pichu wins this, next MU?

Samochan

Smash Master
Hooold your horses.

If Lolimar has those yellow pikmins of his, that means pichu is unable to do direct damage to them. =) The only non-thundershock moves pichu can learn is via breeding include ****ty moves such as doubleslap, fake out, present, flail and reversal. So if those uh, pikmin armies got ahold of pichu, he'd be in deep ****.

However with the huge size difference, pichu should be able to incapacitate olimar with nasty plot + thundershock, sweet kiss, twave and all.

I'd have to say Pichu takes this one, size difference is overwhelming and Pikmins and Olimar are fragile.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah their not. I just don't always wanna see the obvious one win.

DK lost, cause he didn't have invincibility. Or at least, you thought. He has 2 other forms of invincibility to, but Strong Kong just is the most efficient one.

DK isn't as ground bound as he seems. He can even fly while invincible in Jungle Climber.

This is the best proof I can find:

See those crystal stars? Touch them on the DS screen and jump and DK flies. Jungle Climber's game play focusses about climbing, L and R being the main buttons so it makes sence that flying is there... in a way. For the record, IIRC DK can have 6 or 9 of those crystal stars.

Gotta check it out soon, but can't play my DS yet cause I gotta finish a chapter in Fire Emblem so...

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
@Diddy Kong - Doesn't Donkey Kong have a set time limit to his invincibiltiy or does it last forever?

Next MU btw:

Vs.

Current Match-Up:

THE SINGING POKEMON Vs. THE HERO OF WIND

Jigglypuff Vs. Toon Link

:jigglypuff: Vs. :toonlink:

Round 1, Match 18.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,

Samochan

Smash Master
<_<

http://www.mariowiki.com/Jungle_Climber

"Another upgrade that can be obtained is from jewels. Collecting 100 of these items will cause a Crystal Star to appear on the touch screen, and pressing it will grant temporary invincibility, similar to Going Bananas."

http://www.mariowiki.com/Wings

"Wings are an item from the game DK: Jungle Climber. Taking this, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong can fly over the level for a limited time. Pressing the L trigger, Donkey Kong moves left wing, and pressing R, moves the right. The Wings appears first in the level 2-3 of the game, named Road to Ruins.

This item only can be used with Diddy Kong as a partner. "

I believe wings is the one you are talking about here, no mention of flying is otherwise made.

--

Going by WW Link, he can just drink Granma's soup that makes his attack power double and then do Hurricane spin on jiggs. Jiggs has horrible defence and speed, it should be enough to KO jiggs like 5x times. =) Among other things, like just shoot jiggs with light/fire/ice arrows, throw boomerangs, smack jiggs with hammer...

Sing also has horrible accuracy and with Link's heart o' meter, Jiggs needs to hit him quite a lot to take him down.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well that's true there's indeed no mention of flying, but it still does. Wings are more efficient, and require Diddy to be with you.

When you touch the crystal star, you become invincible. Then you either attack, or jump and you'll be flying. Dunno why there's no mention of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Link wins this easily. Jigglypuff got nothing, and would probably even lose if Toon Link didn't even had the Magic Armor. Sing has terrible accuracy (30% like wtf?) and Jigglypuff's stats just plain suck. Except for HP, but with it's low defences Jigglypuff just isn't able to take many hits at all.

She could use Rest in combination with the wake up Berry for full recovery, and there must at least be one moveset that'll make her have a slight chance... Maybe.

EDIT:

Dunno if Egg moves are allowed (no reason why not though...) but Jigglypuff can use Perish Song. Whoa... this just makes her, A LOT better.

Moveset:
Perish Song (kills opponent in 3 "turns")
Rest (full HP recovery)
Wish (HP recovery, but takes a while)
Double Egde (strong attack, but hurts user) OR Protect (protects against any damage)

I doubt invincibility will help against Perish Song... Or Jigglypuff is REALLY that fragile and dies with one hit. Could see that happening cause of that Skull Hammer Toon Link has...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
lol, Toon Link commands the winds and makes Jigglypuff drift away.

On a more serious note, Ice and Fire Arrows should be more than enough to secure the match. Their range is very good, and Jigglypuff is not that fast. Light Arrows aren't worth mentioning since they aren't as powerful against foes that aren't evil, doing one Heart's worth of damage and slight stunning similar to electricity.

Though depending on how well Sing would work, that may be harder than it seems.... I don't think there is anyway to find out its actual range. If allowed Egg Moves, Jiggs would probably want this moveset:
Sing
Disable/Copycat/Covet
Hypervoice
Faint Attack

This matchup seems to depend on how useful Sing would be.

EDIT: Diddy: Sing's accuracy is 55%, not 30%. Perish Song makes the foe AND THE USER faint.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sing sucks, so **** that. Perish Song is what Jigglypuff wants here.

EDIT: Ohh... Well, Jiggly loses then. ^^ New MU.

Samochan

Smash Master
lol, Toon Link commands the winds and makes Jigglypuff drift away.
xD

Sing sucks, so **** that. Perish Song is what Jigglypuff wants here.

EDIT: Ohh... Well, Jiggly loses then. ^^ New MU.
No he doesn't :p Perish song would be a draw at best, but Toon link's weaponry makes it impossible for Jiggs to even be able to draw this matchup if jiggs somehow manages to perish song lol. Jiggs is so weak couple normal sword hits will do and TL has no trouble hitting such a slow target either.

TL wins by a Longshot (lol). Neext.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link has the weapons and tools that can stop Jigillypuff from making him asleep, and his Wind Waker can easily put Jiggs to sleep.

Toon Link can use Fire/Ice/Regular Arrows. With the Wind Waker, he can control night and day, the direction of the winds, along with cyclones, AND can take control of people nearby. He has a boomerang, and bombs as well. Toon Link can glide with the Deku Leaf.

Oh, he has the Skull Hammer. That's what? A rock attack? Ground attack? Aren't normal pokemanz weak against those things? It's like, super effective. Not only that, he has the Master Sword, which is hardcore stuff. It glows :D:D:D.

Jigglypuff on the other hand, has Sing. Sing WILL pretty much stop Toon Link from doing anything, which leaves TL completely vulnerable (assuming it lands). Perish song sounds scary though. Doesn't Jiggly have Metronome (I think it is), the attack where you can do any random attack?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rest would help Jigglypuff out, and if she has a special type of Berry she´ll wake up after the move.
Jiggly´s HP is good, but her defences suck. So Protect would help her from shots from arrows and what not...

Samochan

Smash Master
Mimic would prolly be jigg's best move here, but... cause both her def and sp.def are so abysmal, her high hp won't help her here at all. She can't avoid any of Toon link's attacks and thus would get mauled very quickly, no matter what she did. Not forgetting TL can just keep his distance anyway if it somehow comes down to that.

For the record, no TM's were allowed.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page <3 For all your pokemon needs. :3

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:

THE R.O.B.O.T Vs. THE CHOSEN ONE

R.O.B Vs. Young Link

:rob: Vs. :younglinkmelee:

Round 1, Match 19.

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,
, :toonlink:

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,
, :jigglypuff:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Well, he did appear in Mario Kart, it may be a spin-off, but I think it's the only game he appeared in and did something/was a playable character
Exactly. It's his only playable appearance in an actual video game. Therefore an exception should be made for him.

Also in MKDS, you could unlock the option to use any Kart. Bowser's Tyrant would probably be the most useful because of its spiked front.

If ROB could start with an item ready to use, he would probably want either the Blue Shell, or the Star.

Even with that stuff though, Young Link's got a lot of health, and weapons that could probably deal with ROB rather quickly. Young Link's gonna win this one regardless.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Overall Results

Wins +1:
, , ,
, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,
, :jigglypuff:, :rob:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What the **** is this thread? Everyone is D3s sex slave. Throw out the entire OP, just put that in.
No, D3 is that random janitor you see in your school.

ANYWAY

Game and Watch can't do anything. He's...2-D. Unless he can interact in the 3-D plane, he can't turn to face you with his "sharp" side. D3 can just smash him with his hammer as Game and Watch moves from side to side.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

ANYWAY

Game and Watch can't do anything. He's...2-D. Unless he can interact in the 3-D plane, he can't turn to face you with his "sharp" side. D3 can just smash him with his hammer as Game and Watch moves from side to side.
I'd have to agree.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace

ANYWAY

Alright, that makes sense. Going onto the next round.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Gonna start by doing losers.

Loser's round 1.

VS.

Current Match-Up:

THE PHYSIC BEING Vs. THE KING OF KOOPAS

Mewtwo Vs. Bowser

:mewtwo: Vs. :bowser2:

Losers Round 1, Match 1.

Overall Results