• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh wow, a Canberran smasher! :joyful:

...You are from Canberra right?

We're all pretty nub at Melee but we do play it once in awhile. One of our players beat Caotic who's one of Australia's best Melee players, I'll just skip the other part about him getting four stocked by Caotic. :p

I'm also not too shabby in Melee, making the bracket in Australia's biggest Smash tournaments. Of course, once I made it in the bracket, I did not win a single match...:embarrass

Even though most of us prefer Brawl we still really enjoy Melee and it would be nice having a real Melee player teach us how to really play the game. :bee:

Where abouts do you live?

Anyways, if you want to talk more you can add me on MSN: scabe3000@hotmail.com

bon

Smash Rookie
Yeah i am from canberra (well... it's easier to say i am, i live in bungendore atm.) . I'm nub too at melee, looking for people to play~. I mainly play street fighter 4 ( @ barracks lan cafe with the rest of the canberran sf community.)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Oh mad, another canberra smasher.

Like Scabe said, we mostly play Brawl, but we do enjoy Melee when we play it. Overall, we're not anything special when it comes to melee though haha.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
welcome to act bon, our scene is pretty dead atm, but we usually hold meets every weekend or so and we usually all roadtrip down regulary to sydney tourneys, I have hosted tourneys before but it doesnt look like I'm going to be hosting another one for a while, so thats the current state of things.

also we are pretty good at brawl, but as much as we also love melee we're terribad ;)

I play a little sf4 as well but I'm nothing special. (I did go to evo this year though! but I didnt play :()

We should have a meet this Saturday to welcome bon!
I'd love to but I'll be in melbourne for the final stigma of the year.
I'll talk to isaac though and see if he'll set something up for you guys while I'm away.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
holy **** man, I played scabe today, fuuuuuuu after like 2 games I couldnt beat him with fox and I barely managed with snake.

what have we created?

Silfa

Smash Ace
Last week scabe was destroying me when I played him haha.

I'm on holidays on tueday. I'll probably be up for a lot of smash over the next couple of months.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so next week silfa?

what about you scabe when are you on hols?

me and isaac are probably gonna hit up some smash thursday/friday morning for a few hours.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I`m tellin you, Link is broken :cool:

School sorta ends this week but this week will be full on, so I`m not sure if I can show up on Thursday, Friday might a possibility.

Silfa you up for some Smash on the weekend? You should come over to my place for once.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Next couple of days are going to be pretty hectic with tests starting tomorrow. 3 on the first day! fun fun.

:(

I really shouldn't be on here now. Next week I might be free, but will probably be busy during the week. Scabe, I should be up for some smash on the weekend. I'll have to wait and see though.

bon

Smash Rookie
Anybody interested in playing melee with me on the weekend? i am super keen to find some games!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well bon, if your willing to drive all the way to Dunlop on Saturday let me know. ;)

Is Thursday and Friday mornings still available Luke + Isaac? I can make it.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I can only do my place tomorrow/friday, cos I don't have a car. And that's assuming Kel doesn't go into labour which is threatening to happen any time now.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
thursday friday next week would be cool, oh wait, just thursday, cause fridays and weeks are crazy with tests and fridays are most likely epic cosplay+pool stuff at a friends in quenbeayan

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
cosplay at a pool? now thats a new one, anyways as said me and isaac are both away this weekend, but next weekend we'll get something going for you bon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I bought new super mario brothers wii, and me and isaac were playing it, and its pretty awesome.

the multiplayer aspect is really well done, and we had so much fun working together as a team to get **** done, even though half the time we kept ****ing up and killing each other.

4 players would just be epic, imo next smash meet we should just play it instead.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Played the final stage with Shaun the other day, we fully expected to be mindgamed during the whole credits lawl.

Multiplayer is extremely easy in some ways but really hard in others.

bon

Smash Rookie
Cheers for the games today scabe!

Your jiggs is nice :).

How about my mates rofl mewtwo :)

Hope to get some more games man :)

tkls

Smash Apprentice
hey, i'll be in act for 2 weeks over christmas, so if there are any meets in that time, I'll probably be there.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh wow Silfa and Throwback have been pranked.

Anyways, I'm sure Luke is at work lurking Smashboards, so you better be reading this: Are you up for some smash your place tomorrow morning maybe around 9:30am?

Who was that other guy who said he'd be in ACT as well? We should have this massive meet with like bon tkls, that other guy coming to ACT, and all the other not so active ACT people like Jambo, Luffy and crap forgot the Wario guy's name :urg:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sure, why not, you up for it too silfa? if you are post here before 730 so I can pick you up when I leave work.
or I might just ring you to wake you up and then you'll rage at me.

massive meet? why not, I could organzie that, I wont be leaving canberra during december most likely so we can get heaps of meets in.

bogoron is that wario guys name, hopefully he'll come too!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I need to pay ACT a visit sometime soon. You guys are some of the coolest.

Except for that Link guy. All he does is yell nonsense at me, wish he'd try opening a dictionary to add at least one word to his vocab. =S

Scabe

Successful Businessman
^Link, Link, Link! LINK!! :link:

Ah yes Bogoron, sorry I forgot you. Too much Link in my brain.

I asked Silfa and he said he was busy for tomorrow.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
busy? busy playing tmnt smashup imo.

it would be mad for you to visit ricky, I'd house you.
and link does know one word "tsuriyaaaa"

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
gee I cant believe how long its been since I double posted in this thread ;)

anyways...

Smash meet 6th of december

where: my house 4 Spofforth st Holt
when: 5pm onwards (as late as you want really)

there will be both brawl and melee (ntsc melee too) and anybody wanting to travel from out of state for any particular reason is welcome to stay at my place (ricky? ted? toby? all of elysium?)

I'll organzie food and drinks and stuff if people want, and we could also have a mini tourney with a $2 or $5 entry fee, 70% for 1st and 30% for second.

so let me know if your up for it guys

whos attending:
Luke
rein (maybe)
JS (maybe)
Silfa (maybe)
scabe
Throwback (maybe)
Jambo (maybe)
Bogoron (maybe)
Bon
bons friend

tkls (maybe)
romant1k
condog
out of staters?
other people?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Luke i will be there only i dont want to fly to act as it is super expensive so i will prolly fly into sydney on the 5th or the 6th and catch a bus there or get a lift from a sydney dude that is going or something anyway i will be there so it will be awesome from everyone concerned and also if i stay at your house luke would you be able to drive me to the tourney cos that would be awesome if you could do that and i would be grateful

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh wow, that be so cool if Condog came down! Such dedication :love:

I think Luke said he wanted to move/have a meet on Saturday as well. I think it would be better on Saturday since none of the BOOST people would go on Sunday.

I also think that he's not going to the BOOST tourney so that might ruin your plans Cdawg.

I don't mind housing someone if anyone's willing to come down to ACT. :)

We really should work on our next tourney. Once I'm in holidays (almost am) I'll start working on it. :bee:

Top Bottom