• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
How can I avoid a falco dair when I'm trying to recover?

I get gimped by it all the time.
Always grab the ledge with your double jump if possible. Good DI will make it easier to do this.

If you suspect Falco will attempt something foul, you can double jump and air dodge, double jump onto the stage with an aerial, or fastfall and up-b to the ledge and go for the tech.

None of these are guaranteed to save you, of course. But they at least make it harder for Falco.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
am i the only one that thinks most good falcons are about equally good at recovering
Yeah, I agree. They all just recover in different ways. Hax is good with the fakeouts of where he lands, SS does the edgecanceling sheet and general mindgamery, and Darkrain draws soo many ledgehogs and rolls off the edge and lives because he somehow makes it all the way back onto the stage when it seems impossible.

I'd say their rate of recovery is pretty much equal.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jiano is actually probably the best the more i think about it, too bad hes no good at anything else anymore

and when i say most good falcons i really mean way more than just those 3, i think most falcons around my level recover pretty much as well as the top ones

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
ya i suck vs peach

hax is the best vs peach imo but SS is 4089150710578x better than any other falcon vs nerves

i don't think SS has ever been nervous ever.
i think darkrain is the best against peach actually.

from what i hear the guy was like 3-4 stocking cort in friendlies awhile back or some ish.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pivot grab:

1. Fox trot one way
2. Smash the stick in the other direction
3. Immediately JC a grab

Pivot fsmash / ftilt:

1. Fox trot one way
2. Smash the stick in the other direction while pressing A simultaneously.

mers

Smash Ace
When you pivot grab, the JC is unnecessary and can definitely screw you up. A perfect pivot puts you in the standing animation, so if you do the grab right you just do a standing grab. The jump can sometimes JC the pivot itself if your timing is off, causing you to not turn around at all.

So just learn the timing properly and skip the JC, especially because a JC can take a few frames.

Lovage

Smash Hero
if you stand still and JC grab does it take longer? can you grab out of the 1st frame of the jump animation? if so it probably doesn't matter

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i jc when i pivot grab
if 1 frame is going to cost me a grab then I'm probably going to **** it up anyway

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if you stand still and JC grab does it take longer? can you grab out of the 1st frame of the jump animation? if so it probably doesn't matter
At minimum its 1 frame more, depends on how far into the jump you go b4 u grab.

ur technical, just pivot standing grab.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
WDing out of your initial dash
That's not what I meant.

JCing into an upsmash or grab can happen at any point in a dash animation.

Dash cancelling can only happen after the initial dash animation completes, so it has limitations.

My argument was that wavedashing instead of dashing enables you to perform any move within the range of the initial dash, thereby eliminating the problem.

For example, a Falcon runs and dash cancels into a dsmash. He can't do this with JCing, obviously. However, if he wanted to run forward and dsmash during the initial dash animation, it wouldn't happen. Instead, he could just wavedash forward into a dsmash to accomplish the same task.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That's not what I meant.

JCing into an upsmash or grab can happen at any point in a dash animation.

Dash cancelling can only happen after the initial dash animation completes, so it has limitations.

My argument was that wavedashing instead of dashing enables you to perform any move within the range of the initial dash, thereby eliminating the problem.

For example, a Falcon runs and dash cancels into a dsmash. He can't do this with JCing, obviously. However, if he wanted to run forward and dsmash during the initial dash animation, it wouldn't happen. Instead, he could just wavedash forward into a dsmash to accomplish the same task.
it would still be pretty slow. wavedashing sucks. just dash jc grab.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, a world where shine actually had a minimum amount of frames it had to go through...

Top Bottom