• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
lol this picture probably does justice to Blaziken's Fair

but in all seriousness...LAWL YES!!

EDIT: Needs moar fire on the knee XD
I think it should be the right knee though. =]

Someone please make blaziken. Should he be his own chracter or should he be apart of PT?
I think he should be his own unless PT has ALL evolved Pokemon. =]
EDIT: I would like to be apart of the blazekien group. =D
I'm not very useful when it comes to PSA, Brawlbox, or just about anything....BUT...I can learn. =D

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Have you guys gotten Blaziken in Brawl yet?
Didn't you see the last page? :p

Also WIN knee is WIN. DEFINITELY want that now. XD The fire knee could be done maybe. Dunno.

Also sure pikazz. You have MSN?'

EDIT: Blaziken has to be on an alloy, so for now no, has to be alone. And yes Sora, you can be in the group. Ideas are always welcome. :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice work, RandomT! You make it sound like you tested it out on Zero -- if so, could you hit me up with that fix in a PM? I'm trying it myself right now, but I'm betting when I finally get done I'll test it and find I botched it.

EDIT: ********, I just realized I already screwed it up. I haven't been returning to the materials header offset before incrementing by 414 and pasting in a new 00000000...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I checked Mario Super Sluggers a few days back, and they're not MDL0s. However, if it's a prop, then it's possible to import it if you build the polygon data yourself (like I had done for Bill's hat).
How's that hat coming anyway? And Eldiran, any update on Zero?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I checked Mario Super Sluggers a few days back, and they're not MDL0s. However, if it's a prop, then it's possible to import it if you build the polygon data yourself (like I had done for Bill's hat).
So...does building the polygon data work with any model type?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Onechanbara : Bikini_Zombie_Slayers
uses mdl0's getting a preview right now >:p

there's about 20 costumes ill hex them all and choose the best one :p

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Nice work, RandomT! You make it sound like you tested it out on Zero -- if so, could you hit me up with that fix in a PM?
Yes, I tested it out on Zero, and by doing so, I realized that the rim_t doesn't need to be blanked out after all -- it was only buggered up because of the material glitch.

I'll send you the fixed Zero after I modify his model to be not so piddly small. (And yes, because the material glitch is fixed, in-game snapshots of the models work properly.)

How's that hat coming anyway?
After I started investigating the non-Brawl MDL0s, I haven't worked on getting it fixed. I might have an idea of how I can fix it now, though, since I got some similar errors when attempting to get the other MDL0s in-game. I'm not just gonna give up on it since I've put a lot of work into getting it in Brawl.

Onechanbara : Bikini_Zombie_Slayers
uses mdl0's getting a preview right now >:p
Hm. So it does. I'll add it to the first post.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution also uses Mdl0. they are in fpacks, but when extracted, they view in brawlbox without needing to be hexed

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I see. So, presumably, if someone were to make a model with only 1 bone in their program of choice, they could save it as their file of choice and they could rebuild it to mdl0, if they knew what they were doing.

So that would be the only proper way of adding models that a person created until we figure out how to completely rebuild models into mdl0, right?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
And Eldiran, any update on Zero?
Yep! BigSharkZ and I conversated and we will be working on Zero together. Thus far I believe that brings the total "Zero Team" up to 7 people: BigSharkZ, KuroBit, Bluz, Fireking, Dhragen, Razanak7, and me. I can tell you, I'm really excited for this project. Naturally it will still take quite a good while.

Yes, I tested it out on Zero, and by doing so, I realized that the rim_t doesn't need to be blanked out after all -- it was only buggered up because of the material glitch.

I'll send you the fixed Zero after I modify his model to be not so piddly small. (And yes, because the material glitch is fixed, in-game snapshots of the models work properly.)
Nice! And thanks! The size is the next thing that needs to be changed. Thanks very much for the help! With everything you've accomplished, I owe you more than a good deal of PSA work, so don't hesitate to call on me for it you ever need any.

Also, that is one disturbing bikini lady up there.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Has anymore videos come out besides Bigsharkz's video id love to see what some of these models look like in game

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
So, once a MDL0 is t-posable in Brawl, can it be equipped with a Brawl characters animations and moveset? For example, could Zero be equipped to Link or Marth and the function, more or less, like a vertex edit?

Moreover, is there a quick way to do that? Something so that the whole animation set is swapped over?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I see. So, presumably, if someone were to make a model with only 1 bone in their program of choice, they could save it as their file of choice and they could rebuild it to mdl0, if they knew what they were doing.

So that would be the only proper way of adding models that a person created until we figure out how to completely rebuild models into mdl0, right?
Pretty much, yeah.

So, once a MDL0 is t-posable in Brawl, can it be equipped with a Brawl characters animations and moveset? For example, could Zero be equipped to Link or Marth and the function, more or less, like a vertex edit?

Moreover, is there a quick way to do that? Something so that the whole animation set is swapped over?
That's what I'm gonna try to do sometime tomorrow. Today, I'm gonna try other things, such as seeing how other games' models look in Brawl, (attempting to) fix that Bill's hat, and a few other things.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
i havnt made anything in game but here's another one :p
Is it possible to find one that's only in a bikini?
there isnt one so far as i know

EDIT: the only 2 other characters in the game are missing half their heads any ideas?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Yep! BigSharkZ and I conversated and we will be working on Zero together. Thus far I believe that brings the total "Zero Team" up to 7 people: BigSharkZ, KuroBit, Bluz, Fireking, Dhragen, Razanak7, and me. I can tell you, I'm really excited for this project. Naturally it will still take quite a good while.

Nice! And thanks! The size is the next thing that needs to be changed. Thanks very much for the help! With everything you've accomplished, I owe you more than a good deal of PSA work, so don't hesitate to call on me for it you ever need any.

Also, that is one disturbing bikini lady up there.
Aha, I'm very excited for this as well, seeing as BSZ does some of the best animations I've seen, all I can do is texture, I'm no good at anything else lols.

Top Bottom