• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, I believe I found out how to fix the materials error, where the models would have their textures/UV mapping go haywire on certain stages (Bridge of Eldin, Delfino, and Results for example). I'm gonna try it out on a few other characters before I update my tutorial, just to make sure.

Then, afterwards, I'll start sending out models for the people who have asked me for them.

ds22

Smash Lord
RandomTBush, can you look at this, it may be usefull.
just scale up the vertices in vertex editing,
then use this : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025fbf71e74b1fbc142f7e866bfb1230ce0
to scale all bones translations by the same amount (which only supports whole numbers at the moment)
and it should work...
the program simply multiplies whatever number you have in the clipboard by the number you define, so you can go through each one, and hit control c, then control V
It solves the size problem with TvC and Naruto models.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush, can you look at this, it may be usefull.

It solves the size problem with TvC and Naruto models.
I'll try that out in about an hour or so.

And yes, I did figure out how to fix the materials error. I'll go update the tutorial in a few minutes. Though it's kinda my fault why they were broken in the first place... I'll explain why when I've updated it.

ds22

Smash Lord
I'll try that out in about an hour or so.

And yes, I did figure out how to fix the materials error. I'll go update the tutorial in a few minutes. Though it's kinda my fault why they were broken in the first place... I'll explain why when I've updated it.
Ok, so it will be an easy fix?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
hey yall! ds22, ill probably resize naruto today, but there is one thing... all the animations will have to be made from scratch

cuz if you look at the lee punching CFalc, thats how it would turn out

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, the tutorial has been updated. I'll explain why they were buggering up in-game. It's my fault, actually. XP

You know how I said to add the "00000000" where the blue rectangle was?

Don't do that, that's what caused the glitch in the first place, because it pushed some of the header's data out of range (which made the game read data from everything else). Instead of putting those bytes there... Go to the material's header, and jump ahead by 0x0414 bytes, so that you're at the beginning of the Materials1 substrings.

Add those bytes right here, before the strings.

This is how it should look afterwards.

This seemed to fix the texture errors with Roll, Zero, Ichigo and Bowser Jr., so it should work for everything else. I apologize for the inconvenience I might have caused by posting incorrect information beforehand. If there's any other glitches that need to be fixed, or if this doesn't work for you, let me know. I'll try my best to figure out how to fix 'em.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
ill get the material fixed for naruto, but im not gonna keep the black layer. also, if it's not much troublr randomtbush, can you put next to the naruto game in the OP to scale characters up 11 times? that way others making characters can stay consistant

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
ill get the material fixed for naruto, but im not gonna keep the black layer. also, if it's not much troublr randomtbush, can you put next to the naruto game in the OP to scale characters up 11 times? that way others making characters can stay consistant
A'ight. I'll go add that note right now.

I can do the same for other games with small (or huge) characters, once we've agreed on the proper scales for them. (If Castlevania Judgment and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom have similar sizes, then maybe they need to be 11x bigger, too. I'll go test that thought later.)

ds22

Smash Lord
Thank you for putting time into this.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I have suggested a new format for kryal regarding animations. this would allow an easy to tweak format , so i can make a batch program to fix rotations, so rock lee and others can look normal when using brawl characters moves

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Anyone know how to rebuild MASATOWG's models? Cuz I sure don't. :p If so, go do Bowser Jr. (I think doing stuff like this on an Alloy is just a big waste.)

It's too bad we can't get BJ's paintbrush from another game; maybe SMSunshine has MDL0s?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
wow RandomTBush, it works even on pokepark models. no butterglued dusknoir x3
Anyone know how to rebuild MASATOWG's models? Cuz I sure don't. :p If so, go do Bowser Jr. (I think doing stuff like this on an Alloy is just a big waste.)

It's too bad we can't get BJ's paintbrush from another game; maybe SMSunshine has MDL0s?
dont know if it are checked but check mario super slugger to wii. I know bowser jr has the paintbrush as the bat

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its annoying to see a lot of resources go to making naruto characters -_-

what about models from GC games? can someone go through wind waker to get a toon ganondorf?

knuckles progress needs to happen lol

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
dont know if it are checked but check mario super slugger to wii. I know bowser jr has the paintbrush as the bat
I checked Mario Super Sluggers a few days back, and they're not MDL0s. However, if it's a prop, then it's possible to import it if you build the polygon data yourself (like I had done for Bill's hat).

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
[rant] And that is bad how?
Because the fixes made to those characters (two at the moment) are also applicable on TvC characters. [/rant]
Anyway, anyone want a material/texture fixed Blaziken?
I'd like to use it. Maybe help work on it too. Could contribute to a new PT o.o

RandomTBush: Too bad I don't know how. :p

shanus

Smash Hero
The Brawl model can't be used, it only has a few bones (As he's like, practically a static model)
The sizing looks like he'd match well on sonic though. So if you rename the bones right, you might have a good chance of having Knucles in Brawl without having to make a new moveset (Unless you wanted to)
Someone needs to make a glide animation for him ;-)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
not to be a n00b but how can I do it if it are prop? ^^'
What I mean by "prop" is for something that only has one bone attached to it. In reality, it could be done with rigged models (ones with two or more bones), too, but I haven't figured out how the vertex/bone weights are handled in the MDL0s yet (when I do get around to figuring that out, I'll let you guys know how). It does involve converting polygon data into hex, though... which is why I had asked for a batch decimal-to-hex converter a while back.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Eh, I guess that's fine. Most of the pokepark wii models seem like they wouldn't have a ton of bones. BJ's MASATOWG model should have enough bones when we restructure him.

I started on Blaze's wait1, this is fun. <3

EDIT: We did figure out how to maintain CHR0s, didn't we?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Ok, pm me with the files, or give me your MSN account
I have some pretty good animations in mind
But i can't test it since i'm a PAL users and i don't have a custom CSS code and
i had bad times with the play as code

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lol this picture probably does justice to Blaziken's Fair

but in all seriousness...LAWL YES!!

EDIT: Needs moar fire on the knee XD

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
fortwaffles can u get the naruto model scaled?
so i can get started on the animations?

Top Bottom