• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
OK so i just found something AWESOME
naruto in addition to having his brres in the standard folder he has a fpack
which includes all his animations for rasengan and probably his normal animations
im looking through the files now if anyone wants it ill upload the brres cuz i cant figure out how to hex them :p

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
OK so i just found something AWESOME
naruto in addition to having his brres in the standard folder he has a fpack
which includes all his animations for rasengan and probably his normal animations
im looking through the files now if anyone wants it ill upload the brres cuz i cant figure out how to hex them :p
upload

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
upload

i PMed u them

EDIT: HAHA made another major discovery
actually im not sure if it's major and im sounding like an idiot right now BUT WHO CARES
.brtex files and .brplt files can be renamed to .brres files to view the contents
which include naruto's portrait from ex3 and his palletes just saying ;P

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Someone should try and get the Big Daddy and little sister from BioShock and Issac from deadspace

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I'm having a problem with Pokeparks BRRES. I follow RTB's guide (first I edit the whole BRRES in a hex editor) and when I've done the MDL0 header part, I save it and open it in BB. I export the MDL0, then I follow the guide for the Materials & polygons headers editing the MDL0. It all goes well till I reach the last of the polygons headers. Then I'm about to repeat this step: (sorry for the pics, but I thought it's better to have two pics here than you going to the first page where there are many more)

12. Delete the byte set in red, and insert "00000000" right before the "00000850". Again, you have to retain the balance of the MDL0. You can't take away without putting an equal share back.

13. Now it should look like this in the hex editor...
The model has three polygons, the first two were like in those pics but the last one didn't have "00000000"s between "00000068" and "00000850", they were different bytes. I deleted the "FFFFFFFF" and added "00000000" AFTER THE "00000068". Then saved, replaced the old MDL0 with the new one and BB was still working. I previewed the model, made sure that it looked like RTB's pics and tried to save, but when I did that, a popup came telling me (I traslated it literally from Spanish): "The value can't be null. Name of the parameter: key" I tried it with different BRRES with the same result. Can somebody help me? D:

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know about the format SHP0? I found it in Klonoa's animations. They seem to be animations like CHR0 ones but they wont work in brawlbox. Anybody know anything about SHP0 files that could help me?

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I will give a cookie to the person who could hex out toad's new super mario bros wii for me to the point where its playable in game! Please help! Brawl's Toad model doesn't have enough bones!

Suren

Smash Journeyman
@RandomTBush

I hate to ask, but do you that model of Silver from winter olympics? I wanted to get back on track with my project. If not it's fine I can either wait or figure it out myself if you're too busy, and I hate bothering people who are busy.

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

Last edited by a moderator:

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through the Sonic and the Black Knight ISO and all I found were weird different formats. Almost everything is .ONE format. Anybody got any ideas. I don't think they'll work.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
OK, this got a lot bigger since the last time i read this thread...
which is good.

But, if someone could please direct me to a guide on how to get the BRRES files out of those games... that would be great. I have all these .iso files, but have no idea how to get the stuff out of them.
Thanks in advance for the help!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
which is good.

But, if someone could please direct me to a guide on how to get the BRRES files out of those games... that would be great. I have all these .iso files, but have no idea how to get the stuff out of them.
Wii Scrubber. I don't think I'm allowed to say any more, and no one can direct you to a guide (here).

shock44

Smash Journeyman
which is good.

Go google WiiScrubber. Also check out my tutorial on the hex editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u0pXNouG9Q

I know its not as good quality as your tutorials but I tried.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Wii Scrubber. I don't think I'm allowed to say any more, and no one can direct you to a guide (here).
Im trying to learn wiiscrubber... but i cannot figure out how to extract the files.
All the files in the game im trying (Tatsonoku VS Capcom: ultimate Allstars) are .fpk
and so when i extract them, they retain that file type. Any ideas on this would be most beneficial.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Im trying to learn wiiscrubber... but i cannot figure out how to extract the files.
All the files in the game im trying (Tatsonoku VS Capcom: ultimate Allstars) are .fpk
and so when i extract them, they retain that file type. Any ideas on this would be most beneficial.
There is an fpk extractor that has been mentioned many times, and I think there is a link to it a few pages back.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Ok I can help you with that. Just put the fpk file in some folder on its own. Then download this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBDPF127

Then open the file you downloaded with WinRAR and put the exe in the folder that the fpk is in. Then the run the exe that you extracted in that folder. A new folder should appear in a second and then open that folder and go to the chr folder in there then go to the folder that's not called cmn. Like when I extracted megaman he was in a folder called roc. Probably cuz he is called rockman in japan. Anyway in that folder you should find a .brres and then you can start hex editing it.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Ok I can help you with that. Just put the fpk file in some folder on its own. Then download this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBDPF127

Then open the file you downloaded with WinRAR and put the exe in the folder that the fpk is in. Then the run the exe that you extracted in that folder. A new folder should appear in a second and then open that folder and go to the chr folder in there then go to the folder that's not called cmn. Like when I extracted megaman he was in a folder called roc. Probably cuz he is called rockman in japan. Anyway in that folder you should find a .brres and then you can start hex editing it.
Thanks man! truly, truly helpful.
I will edit this post if it works/doesnt!

EDIT1: Working on the Hex for visibility in BB now.
EDIT2: What is the program used in the Screenshots? what do i use to hex?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man! truly, truly helpful.
I will edit this post if it works/doesnt!

EDIT1: Working on the Hex for visibility in BB now.
EDIT2: What is the program used in the Screenshots? what do i use to hex?
Use HxD. It's a good program. Did you watch my tutorial video? I think I said what you should do when hexing.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, progress report on Volnutt: I've finally managed to get him viewable in-game, but I have no idea how to get him over an Alloy. I ported the model and textures over, but how would I begin working with the bones? Could I just export all the bone files from ZakoGirl00 and place them over Volnutt's bones? I don't think that would work due to the size problems. Or is it simple enough that I could just make animations using his TvC bones and it would still work in-game?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay, progress report on Volnutt: I've finally managed to get him viewable in-game, but I have no idea how to get him over an Alloy. I ported the model and textures over, but how would I begin working with the bones? Could I just export all the bone files from ZakoGirl00 and place them over Volnutt's bones? I don't think that would work due to the size problems. Or is it simple enough that I could just make animations using his TvC bones and it would still work in-game?
Well right now I'm not too sure about bones. What me and my team are doing with Klonoa is just making our own new animations based off an animation I got from Klonoa's game that I was able to convert to brawl type animation format using hex editing. So until someone figures out how to make a character from a different game work WELL with a character in brawl's bones we can't really do much to make it look good except make our own animations. IF anyone has anything that will make the process easier that would probably help many people.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I got Knuckles' model from Winter Olymbics to open in brawl box. Hasn't been hexed all the way yet though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nice! Although I'm partial to his model that's in Brawl already. >_>

Anyways, are you planning on doing a moveset off this?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I got Knuckles' model from Winter Olymbics to open in brawl box. Hasn't been hexed all the way yet though.

Nice! Although I'm partial to his model that's in Brawl already. >_>

Anyways, are you planning on doing a moveset off this?
The Brawl model can't be used, it only has a few bones (As he's like, practically a static model)
The sizing looks like he'd match well on sonic though. So if you rename the bones right, you might have a good chance of having Knucles in Brawl without having to make a new moveset (Unless you wanted to)

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, the Naruto animations, are they coming along?
i know SQLeon is workong on getting the animation naruto does for rasengan because it's in there
i guess well have to make the other ones ourselves
joy :D

ds22

Smash Lord
i know SQLeon is workong on getting the animation naruto does for rasengan because it's in there
i guess well have to make the other ones ourselves
joy :D
Or when Fortwaffles sends us the resized Naruto model, we could correct the animations we already have (Naruto PSA) to the model, in addition to new animations (Rasengan).

Top Bottom