• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
But why should he have to pick up a different character that he might not enjoy playing just because there are so many whiners who don't like MK? That doesn't make any sense and it's stupid
Please show me in post were i said he would do it because of all the "whiners" i in no way made that claim. I just made a general statement, if a ban were to indeed happen he would be just fine.

Also, its about the bigger picture, the overall well being of the community, Meta-Knight is a plague

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
yea, which is why I am just repeatedly asking until people get the hint that their petty bickering isn't going no where xD. They will stop eventually, it always happens. It just that something new pops up and sparks them, so I am hoping this will be the next spark.

btw, ty for your input xP
Work on it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lmfao C.J.

M2K what do you think of Marth's placement and also of Marths reputation of "MK-"
Way to stay relevant and on topic. :laugh:

M2K is right about many players having a mindset specific to one character but keep in mind every top MK besides M2K has a secondary that they also play at a high level. Unfortunately he gets screwed but most top MKs would still be able to do well in their region if he was banned.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ty again for you input guys. I would like to see some anti-ban people also agreeing to work a compromise, as well as other people. I will post this again to get people input.

If it's ok with everyone, How about I rewrite up my temp ban proposal. As far as this goes, this is the most agreement we are getting on the situation. I think we need to stop bashing each other, and start compromising.

If everyone is up to it, I'll rewrite it. From there, we can come t an understanding on what to look for, and how to go about this properly without jeopardizing the community.

Again, I ask for your input.

you wouldn't see it so much if you would just answer it =]

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
yea, which is why I am just repeatedly asking until people get the hint that their petty bickering isn't going no where xD. They will stop eventually, it always happens. It just that something new pops up and sparks them, so I am hoping this will be the next spark.

btw, ty for your input xP
Nah, people are drawing lines in the sand, people are getting lists of TOs together as unequivocal supporters (with one side leaving cookies). If they bring this to a real conclusion (which, this time looks likely) a major chunk of the community is probably gonna be gone.

Basically, it's shaping up to be the worst case scenario that I was warning people about.

I created a proposal that could lead to a fair ban criteria, data-based so no "loser wiggles out", and based on the idea of compromise.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Nah, people are drawing lines in the sand, people are getting lists of TOs together as unequivocal supporters (with one side leaving cookies). If they bring this to a real conclusion (which, this time looks likely) a major chunk of the community is probably gonna be gone.

Basically, it's shaping up to be the worst case scenario that I was warning people about.

I created a proposal that could lead to a fair ban criteria, data-based so no "loser wiggles out", and based on the idea of compromise.
I call new TO's =]. It can be easily said that anyone who is breaking the overall rules or skewing anything can be easily replaces and rules can be places against it. I have so many idea's that can stop all of that nonsense, but now is not the time for it. I mean, there are other possibilities, but i 100% I feel where you are coming from.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Please show me in post were i said he would do it because of all the "whiners" i in no way made that claim. I just made a general statement, if a ban were to indeed happen he would be just fine.

Also, its about the bigger picture, the overall well being of the community, Meta-Knight is a plague
It was just hypothetical, sorry.

I know it's for the well being of the community. Maybe they should accept the fact that this game has a dominant character. oh But that doesn't work, because it's not fair.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
MK doesn't deserve a ban or a temp ban at all. You guys only want that because it will be easier for all of you who don't use him. I think this is very unfair, and I hope you guys will realize how hard you would be screwing it for the rest of us who legitimately studied or practiced hard with MK to just disallow him because you don't like him.
tbh whether MK deserves a ban or not will never be determined unless a temp ban takes place. Ally, ADHD, and DEHF beat you so what? The fact that they're the only ones who have when everyone else has had a year means they're outliers. You can tell who I main, you can tell I can beat MK and I do. I honestly don't have such a problem w/ MK but it's not about me it's about the metagame/community as a whole.

And the majority of the community would want MK banned cause the last poll had a 53-55% vote. Say whatever you want against this but it doesn't change the fact that it happened.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I say we take this ban situation and turn it into an iPhone app. We'll call it Brawl Lite. Brawl Lite is Brawl without meta knight and lasts for 6 months. After that trial period you must decide whether or not you want to buy it.

You see this kind of situation EVERYWHERE. Anti-banners are acting like if we try a temp ban, the world is going to end. It's an experiment.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i feel as though all of these ganon videos show that meta knight is clearly not broken and these results are clearly not outliers.
clearly.

OverLade

Smash Hero
i feel as though all of these ganon videos show that meta knight is clearly not broken and these results are clearly not outliers.
clearly.
We clearly posted the videos as evidence that MK vs Ganon is 50-50 you noob. Everyone knows that, didnt you see that sick double spike?

scrubs

C.J.

Smash Master
idk halberd, his fsmash...and everything else beats tornado I think it's 55-45 ganon's favor.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We clearly posted the videos as evidence that MK vs Ganon is 50-50 you noob. Everyone knows that, didnt you see that sick double spike?

scrubs
clearly you need more evidence. right now the consensus is that it's 70:30 ganon's favor.

go study. ):<

OverLade

Smash Hero
MKs Utaunt makes him thin and slightly outspaces Ganons grab, once top level MKs start using this technique it'll clearly shift to 50/50.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Seibrik doesn't post nor contribute at all in the BBR? ...... What other members don't post nor contribute at all in the BBR?

Apart from that... Whoever reads M2K's posts and suddenly changes his stance in the debate because it's "unfair" to him truly disappoints me. If puppy eyes and an emotional post or two makes you switch sides from representing the majority of the community to backing up one person's feelings, you truly were never part of this debate to begin with.

*been busy yesterday and today, I don't even remember if I posted yesterday... I think I did, but at the same time I don't think I did... Well, whatever*

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ganon beats mk legit on WarioWare. Definetely 6-4 Ganon on that stage. When mk does what the screen tells him to its a perfect opportunity for Fsmash which kills mk mad early.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Stop with the Melee guys. You are all straying off topic.

Btw, I need more answers for this. Ty for the people who responded alrady:

If it's ok with everyone, How about I rewrite up my temp ban proposal. As far as this goes, this is the most agreement we are getting on the situation. I think we need to stop bashing each other, and start compromising.

If everyone is up to it, I'll rewrite it. From there, we can come t an understanding on what to look for, and how to go about this properly without jeopardizing the community.

Again, I ask for your input.

you wouldn't see it so much if you would just answer it =]
I'm going to keep reposting this until you guys stop being five year olds and listen to someone who wants to do something.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
MKs Utaunt makes him thin and slightly outspaces Ganons grab, once top level MKs start using this technique it'll clearly shift to 50/50.
especially since MK's up taunt true combos into a fully charged fsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom