• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
reposting since I got ignored

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9664770&postcount=2811

will do again, so plz, answer, anyone can help me with that?
I used Camtasia Studio to record my computer screen and turn the result into an Animated GIF. Camtasia is really nice for recordings, and it comes with a 30-day free trial, which is awesome.

Download the free trial and search in Camtasia's help menu for "Animated GIF", it'll tell you how to make one. It'll also tell you everything else you need to know about how to use Camtasia if you read the other topics in the help section.

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
hey guys! just letting you all know something about some New Super Mario Wii .brres files...
some characters (like Lakitu for instance) have 2 mdl0's inside it or even more so you have to manually edit the second or third ones before actually editing the first one.

i tried some .brres files and found out about this!
the ones i tried were:
Lakitu (Jugem) - has 2 MDL0's that need to be hexed
Thwomp (Dossun) - has 3 MDL0's that need to be hexed
Spiny Koopa (Togezo) - has 2 MDL0's like Lakitu

always remember to look inside the .brres files inside the hex editor... you never know how many mdl0's it might have!

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
4. The purple bytes show where the definitions header begins (I think that's what it's called, it might be different in animation files). Go to the beginning of the MDL0 header and jump forward that amount of bytes (in Hex Workshop, use Edit> Goto, then put "0000002C" in the text box. Make sure the From Where field has "Current Position" selected). The definitions header usually starts with "000004X8" in these files, with X being some random number (in this example it is 00000498). Insert four "FF" bytes before it.
This is the Step where I get confused.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
hey guys! just letting you all know something about some New Super Mario Wii .brres files...
some characters (like Lakitu for instance) have 2 mdl0's inside it or even more so you have to manually edit the second or third ones before actually editing the first one.

i tried some .brres files and found out about this!
the ones i tried were:
Lakitu (Jugem) - has 2 MDL0's that need to be hexed
Thwomp (Dossun) - has 3 MDL0's that need to be hexed
Spiny Koopa (Togezo) - has 2 MDL0's like Lakitu

always remember to look inside the .brres files inside the hex editor... you never know how many mdl0's it might have!
Most of the models I've hexed from that game have more than 1. Toad has 8.

lol next post

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I used Camtasia Studio to record my computer screen and turn the result into an Animated GIF. Camtasia is really nice for recordings, and it comes with a 30-day free trial, which is awesome.

Download the free trial and search in Camtasia's help menu for "Animated GIF", it'll tell you how to make one. It'll also tell you everything else you need to know about how to use Camtasia if you read the other topics in the help section.
thx for the reply I'll be looking forward to it :)

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
please add this game to the list that do not have mdl0
Super Paper Mario (file type is just called "file")

also although it doesn't have any mdl0's it does contain brstm's for those of you who like to use custom music ^.^

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
please add this game to the list that do not have mdl0
Super Paper Mario (file type is just called "file")

also although it doesn't have any mdl0's it does contain brstm's for those of you who like to use custom music ^.^
dont use those... the songs are twice the speed, so in brawl they will sound sped up.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey, I seem to have been jumped over earlier.
I posted my success with the new tutorial, AND a question.
i guess most just stopped reading.
ANYWAY,
when i go to do the size fixer, it runs, and then goes "Not responding"
reasons why anyone?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
i still dont know why it does that... it crashes after resizing the bones
i guess it's safe to say it is better than nothing...

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
hey urm...i got a game and the all the files from the character (his name is Boris) were: BORIS.bsf, Boris_anims.cmg, and Boris.cmg...

Am I able to put him in brawl?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
hey urm...i got a game and the all the files from the character (his name is Boris) were: BORIS.bsf, Boris_anims.cmg, and Boris.cmg...

Am I able to put him in brawl?
Has to be MDL0. Until we/RandomTBush learns a method for converting and hexing files of different formats, any game that appears under the list of "Does not have MDL0's" can't have models imported.

Err technically, I thought RandomTBush did import a model of different format. IIRC, it took him quite a while.
EDIT: Ninja'd

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
:BREAKING NEWS:

Walking is POSSIBLE.
Now we just need to know how they did it. =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJfouSAi0Y
I think we already do know.

Let's say that Zero was put over Link. Link's "motion" bone is the fourth one, listed as "TransN". The way Brawl detects movement is by detecting a certain bone's index, not the name, so to get Zero to move when placed over Link, you would have to move his fourth bone, which is "lhand01".

I believe that's how it's done. I haven't tried it yet.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I think we already do know.

Let's say that Zero was put over Link. Link's "motion" bone is the fourth one, listed as "TransN". The way Brawl detects movement is by detecting a certain bone's index, not the name, so to get Zero to move over him, you would have to move his fourth bone, which is "lhand01".

I believe that's how it's done. I haven't tried it yet.
Yes, people worked that out a while ago when making characters from assist trophies or SSE enemies. Brawl does movement by allowing the animation to move the character initially, and then tracking the position of the TransN bone after the animation to reposition them. As a result, you do have to rename the bone with that index TransN.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
So i don't know if bone counts work out right... but i had an idea for a project.
Putting Rya and Tekkaman over Zelda and Shiek; to simlate the playstyle of Tatsunoco vs Capcom.
If the bones yould fit i think sheik would be a great tekkaman base and zelda to ryu

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Yes, people worked that out a while ago when making characters from assist trophies or SSE enemies. Brawl does movement by allowing the animation to move the character initially, and then tracking the position of the TransN bone after the animation to reposition them. As a result, you do have to rename the bone with that index TransN.
Then why arent you telling Digiholic this?HEZ workin his *** off trying to make Megaman Volnutt walk,poor guy. :(

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
this is kinda of a stupid question but is anyone going to give their character like klonoa for example a storyline in the subspace emissary. or are u just making the characters for vs?

and will they work online as well?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
this is kinda of a stupid question but is anyone going to give their character like klonoa for example a storyline in the subspace emissary. or are u just making the characters for vs?

and will they work online as well?
It'll probably work online. But as for SSE, we would have to figure out how to change the pre-rendered cutscenes in brawl. Which I don't think will be done till sometime towards the end of brawlbox's development. You can play as hacked characters in SSE, but once I tried playing as an alloy and it wouldn't let me without freezing.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hurr Hurr Larry and Lemmy:grin:

Larry

Lemmy
Awesome, they really look like the models I have made for Bowser Jr. a long time ago. I plan on using the NSMBW models instead (Mind sending me them?).

Also, I ask for the 500th time, anyone knows why WWPacker is not working for me? Is there an alternate program?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
GAH! Even with this new fancy way of importing Brawl models, I just CANNOT get my Balloon Fighter to work. It comes in one BRRES with the rest of the data for the microgame for it on WarioWare: Smooth Moves, which is Balloon Trip (I think it's a minigame you unlock and try to get a high score on, if you've ever played WW:SM). I tried removing all models except for BalloonFight_Char_Model.mdl0 and doing the automated hex fixer by FortWaffles, and... nothing. I can open it up and view the Materials, Bones, etc. but it still just shows the bones on model viewer. If someone can help me, please PM me, and sorry for the wall.
I just keep getting ignored...

Top Bottom