• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I think I'm going to take Minkyu's advice and delay mah eventzorz.

New plan: tournament on March 13th.

I'm in the Virgin Islands right now and I'm not coming back until Saturday evening, so this weekend is out of the question. The weekend after I'm going to be out of town, which could extend to the 27th, I'm not sure. Plus, like Shinku said, Aftershock is on the 27th, so that's just further dissuasion. Also, Shell Shocked is on March 6th, which is the following Saturday, so I'll work around that and plan mine for the one after that.

I'll update the first post with new information, rules, etc. when I feel like it.

feb 27 - Aftershock - Hagerstown, MD

mar 6 - Shell Shocked VI - College Park, MD

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
+1 hype for the tournament.

We had a secret smashfest today, but we could really only contact people we knew well. We'll be going to College Park for SS6 next Saturday, so you can try and come to that.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'mma putting tournament rules in a seperate post in order to make the first post more readable.

Click here to learn how to play a tournament set!

Tournament Ruleset:

•Bring your own controller.

•4 stock matches

•8 minute time limit

•Item frequency will be set to NONE.

•Team Attack will be ON.

•Pause will be set to OFF.

•Double elimination bracket

•Sets will be played best 2 out of 3.

•Tournament finals (losers/winners bracket, grand) will be played best 3 out of 5.

•If the timer in a match reaches zero, the match winner will be be determined by lives and then percent. If both players had the same percent at time up, sudden death will be fought out.

•Stage Striking: At the beginning of each set, both players will take turns eliminating (striking) stages among the neutrals, until only one stage is left. The first game of the set will be played on the remaining stage. Stage striking is done after picking characters. The first player to strike must let the second player strike two stages before he strikes again. The player or team occupying the lowest numbered port will choose who strikes first.

•Stage Knock Out: After a player's first win in a set, he may select a stage to ban for the rest of the set. (id est, cannot be counterpicked by opponent) You may counterpick your own ban, but not the opponent's.

•Advanced Slob Picks: The winner of the previous game may choose to ban a stage if it is his first win in the set. Loser may then choose the next stage. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.

•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): If a player has won on a stage, that stage may not be counterpicked by him for the rest of the set.

•Double Blind character pick can be called for the first match of any set.

•Mid-match and mid-set coaching is illegal and will result in the coach and the coached party being disqualified.

•Collusion is illegal and will result in disqualification. Repeat offenders may be banned from future tournaments. Wholly consensual splitting is allowed, but violations such as bracket manipulation carry harsh penalties.

•Stage-based controller slot rules are in effect. (See explanation at bottom of post)

•If the stock icon glitch is used, the player MUST announce their character.

•Glitches and tactics used to indefinitely forfeit the opponent's control or to indefinitely stall a match are banned.
Ex: IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc. | wall-bombing, rising pound, etc.

•Controller modifications that change functionality (turbo, macro, etc.) are banned. Cosmetic changes (painting, kazoo, etc.) are largely allowed and their legality is up to the discretion of the TO.

•Wobbling is banned.

•Master Hand is banned.

Singles stages for striking (neutral):
Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams

Singles stages available for counterpicking:
All neutrals + Pokémon Stadium, Brinstar

Banned singles stages:
Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Princess Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom I, Mushroom Kingdom II, Hyrule Temple, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Flat Zone, Great Bay, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poké Floats

Doubles stages on random (neutral):
Pokémon Stadium, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story

Doubles stages available for counterpicking:
All neutrals + Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar

Banned doubles stages:
Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Icicle Mountain, Venom, Mushroom Kingdom I, Mushroom Kingdom II, Yoshi's Island 64, Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Island, Brinstar Depths, Flat Zone, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Great Bay, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Poké Floats

Banned stages can be played on if both players agree to play on it. But remember, stages are banned for a reason, I suggest you think before you agree to play on one!

Wonderful graphic:

neutral
counterpick
banned

Top half represents 1v1, bottom half represents 2v2.

Controller slot rule explained:

Because of the locations of some starting positions, a player may be given an unfair advantage over their opponent depending on stage and character choice. In an attempt to make both players start the game as evenly as possible, I have instituted a new rule that will force certain starting positions. Players must occupy one of the two listed slots for a given stage.

Stage | Slot A | Slot B
Battlefield|3|4
Dream Land 64|2|4
Kongo Jungle 64|1|4
All Other Legal Stages|1|2

This rule may be called into use in between any match of the set, but not after the stage appears on screen. As the competitor, it is your responsibility to be aware that this rule exists and to use it accordingly. If clarification on which ports to use is needed, simply ask me or refer to the rule sheet that is posted in the tournament room.

Any disagreements over port priority will be settled by coin toss. The winner of the coin toss chooses his port. After determined, the preferenced player will hold such preference until the end of the set.

Click this link for my original post on this topic and a messy explanation.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
lol now that Seb's unsubscribed, let's all post Seb the Frog fanfiction.

Sebasturation Ch.1

(Seb will from this point on be named Kermit)

It was just another ordinary day in the Nursery. Scooter was at his computer and Rowlf was at the piano. Skeeter and Animal were watching Monster trucks on television. Piggy was playing with her dolls, and Kermit was coloring a drawing of a train.

I mean he wasn't coloring, he was playing Captain Falcon in Melee. Yeah, that ****. Kermit was practicing his Falcon game for the upcoming tournament, and had systematically ran a train on all the other Muppets with his crazy sick dash dance Raptor Boosting, during this smashfest. No way was he getting anything lower than 13th, this time!

Why, literally last match or so, he'd managed to get Chred's Luigi down to the last stock. And it wasn't even Stadium! Which was amazing, considering the reason why the little frog man likes such stages. Frogs are green, and Stadium is green.

Therefore Kermit draws from a sort of motivational strength based on his favorite color. The little tongue slinger must really be improving to do so well on a non green stage!

okay I had to get this out of my system. lol

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Sebasturation Ch.2

It was then that little Kermit was beaten by some random Muppet's Fox. He was shine-spiked several times and that made him sad. As he was crying in the corner, he finally realized that being green isn't easy.

Kermit went into denial. He refused to believe he was a frog, hoping that he would eventually stop being one if he believed hard enough. He would always get angry and pout when the other Muppets called him a frog, but Kermit kept his ears shut and his thoughts organized: 'I am not a frog.'

With this new mindset, he was able to do two (yes, two!) up-air to knees on Korn! Korn, being a bird, didn't care that this happened to him. Korn was too goodz anyways, so Kermit continued to tell everyone that he did stupid stuff like triple-knee this Muppet and take three stocks off of that Muppet.

He thought life was good... until his sister became involved. All of the Muppets admired Miss Piggy for her beauty and the fact that she had a nice body. How will poor little Kermit cope with this continuous verbal and psychological abuse? Find out next time on... SEBASTURBATION!

Shinku

Smash Champion
Sebasturation Ch.3

so after the tournament, kermit felt very horny and angry at the same time. so he decides to go drinking will his fellow buddies the cookie monster and oscar the grouch.

he arrives at the bar, seeing a sexy muppet across with a nice dress and a glass of wine. while the cookie monster while jugging shots of cookies and cream, kermit was downing zima like there was no tomorrow, he immediately gets extremely wasted after half the glass.

so he approaches the fine mupper, walks towards her stumbling, and grab her boosem yelling, "your the best falcon in the world baby, g-reg got nothing. on you"!. then pukes on her them himself.

the happy frog gets thrown out of the club and cookie monster and oscar get laid by 10 hot muppets.

kermit in the back of the car of a police car covered in his own puke.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Sebasturation Ch.4

Covered in puke and still erect under his assless chaps he began to wonder how he ended up here, a quick look back he realized it all went wrong two weeks ago.

Remembering being ***** is no easy task, perhaps even more so for a young frog who despite being hopping mad about it could do nothing, his butt tightened at the thought. Had his past **** made given him the desire to return the favor to others via a joy stick in a childrens video game? He could only ponder the thought back and forth of the 67 headed billy goat who violated him multiple times that night until the car stopped.

The cell he was thrown in was none to pretty but he was a mess so he took a seat in the only corner with light, licking his puke away. A scratching sound from the dark corner caught his attention and one by one a pair of red eyes lit up until 6 pairs were present.

In that instance the fear took over, his rapist was sitting right across from him and was looking to go for round two, it looks like bail won't be the only thing posted tonight.

Top Bottom