• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

Blaziken's a fowl. Last time I checked, chickens/roosters couldn't fly... But lol.

Any more real responses?
move the bone that controls his entire body down with a transition of like -1 in the Y transition. It should be like the first or second bone on the list.

If you don't know what it is then just try from the beginning of the bones and transit the y like 5 and if his whole body moves up or down, then you got the right one.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
first off, used right model with fixed and poly? :3

then, how many bones did you add?
I never add more than 20 :3, then I add 20 more I most (and more until I reach the minimun with 10 more bones)
Well, I moved my Amy with only 73 bones over Peach...

Peach has 106 Bones.....

Yea... ummmm it worked for me. She has 111 bones now and 38 of them are extrabones.

:confused:

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
you guys should make an automatic hexer for animations ^^
Yes, but my problem would be that the bone and animation names are contained at the end of the brres file containing the CHR0s.

So even if I extract every animation by hand, it would not be possible to make them all compatible as only the last animation would be working.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with the bone adder... Although it may be because I'm trying to add 50+ bones. Does it not support large amounts of bones being added yet? (Also, where can I find that list of minimum amount of bones for a character to work thread?)

TvC doesn't use CHR0s.
Yes it does. I've had no luck getting them to work yet though... (Also I can't access the player characters animations. I think they are in one of the files BrawlBox can't open)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with the bone adder... Although it may be because I'm trying to add 50+ bones. Does it not support large amounts of bones being added yet? (Also, where can I find that list of minimum amount of bones for a character to work thread?)
Gardevoir onto Zelda = 39 bones up to 116
It can add large numbers of bones, just not all at once.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Another game that uses MDL0 files is Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (I only saw Darkside Chronicles in the list and assumed the UC model format wasn't uncovered).

The brres files that contain the MDL0s are inside ARC files. The ARC archive can be unpacked using U8 Tools which can be found HERE

Since, I haven't pulled it off, myself, yet, I don't have an in game shot. Nemesis or the REAL Wesker in Brawl (instead of a Snake reskin), would be pretty cool. Heh.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So uh, anyone have the Platinum Update for MPR? :D

Anyways, I think the bone adder, even when you add bones in intervals of like 20, eventually overwrites some important data in the .mdl0 file, which would potentially cause some issues when adding bones. I deduced that from looking at an edited mdl0 and the original side-by-side, but I haven't actually tested it yet.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Yup. It's possible.

A complete list of the character and enemy models in Umbrella Chronicles are:
EAD1 = Adder (A poisonous snake)
EBK1 = Black Tiger (Giant black spider)
EBT0 = Bat
ECB1 = Cerberus (Zombie dog)
ECH1 - ECH6 = Crimson Heads (Also known as super zombies. They're faster and have claws)
ECHS = Additional Crimson Head animations
ECR1 = Crow
EEL0 = Eliminator (Zombie ape)
EGD1 = Grave Digger (Mutated Worm)
EHI0 = Leech
EHT1 = Hunter (Reptilian clawed creature)
EIB0 = Giant Bat
EIV1 = Ivy (Mutant plant)
EKK1 = Small spider
EKM1 = Chimera (Gene spliced Ant/Human experiment.)
ELK1 = Licker (Mutated humans with no skin and very long tongues)
ELR1 = Cockroach
ELT1 = Lisa Trevor (A mutated human in shackles)
ELU0 = Lurker (A mutated toad)
EMK0 = Mimicry Marcus (Leeches taking on the appearance of Marcus)
EMK1 = True Mimicry Marcus (The real Marcus, mutated)
ENP1 = Neptune (A large shark)
ENS1 = Nemesis
ENS2 = Nemesis (Damaged version)
EPT1 = Plant 42 (Giant mutated plant Boss)
EQL1 = Queen Leech
ESE2 = Sergei Mutated
ESP1 = Regis Licker (Female half-mutated licker. UNUSED MODEL)
EST0 = Stinger (Giant Scorpion)
ETA1 = Talos (Super mutant with a rocket launcher)
ETA3 = Talos 2 (Further mutated Talos that hangs from the ceiling)
ETY0 = Proto-Tyrant (Humanoid monster, with its heart showing and claws on its right hand)
ETY1 = Tyrant-002 (Same as the above, only its appearance is more human-like)
ETY4 = Super Tyrant (Like the Tyrant-002, except it has claws on both hands and looks like its skin's made of rock)
ETY5/6/7 = Ivan Tyrant (Very human-like. Three of them are used as Sergei's bodyguards)
EWA1 = Wasp
EWS1 = Webspinner (Large Spider)
EYN1 = Yawn (Giant snake)
EYN1 = Yawn (Damaged version)
EZ00 - EZ38 = Zombies

PAD1 = Ada Wong
PBI1 = Billy Coen
PCA1 = Carlos Olivera
PCR1 = Chris Redfield (Mansion Incident)
PCR2 = Chris Redfield (Umbrella Facility)
PHK1 = H.U.N.K
PJL1 = Jill Valentine (Mansion Incident)
PJL2 = Jill Valentine (Raccoon City Destruction)
PJL3 = Jill Valentine (Umbrella Facility)
PKS1 = Kenneth Sullivan (His body's only seen in the Mansion incident, when the player sees a zombie eating him)
PRB1 = Rebecca Chambers
PRC1 = Richard (His model isn't actually used, since Rebecca's the only one you play as in that scenario)
PWS1 = Albert Wesker (S.T.A.R.S Uniform)
PWS2 = Albert Wesker (Black Suit)
PWS3 = Albert Wesker (Damaged S.T.A.R.S Uniform. Also lacks the shades)

Other Models in the Chara folder
OANA1 = Hole in a metal wall
OANA2 = Hole in a concrete floor
OASA1 = MP5 sub-machine gun
OBIN1 = Glass bottle (Looks like a bottle for meds)
OCAP1 = Creature containment capsule
OCHA1 = Chandelier
ODEN1 = Front train car
ODOA1 = Rusted metal door
ODRA1 = Explosive drum
OELV1 = Elevator used during the last level of the first scenario.
OFEN1 = Chain-link fence with barbed wire
OHAS1 = Bridge with a platform of drum, used in a dodge event in the last level of the Umbrella Facility.
OHAS2 = The crane holding the platform in OHAS1
OHAS3 = Same as OHAS1
OHAS4 = Same as OHAS2
OHER1 = Helicopter carrying Talos data.
OHOK1 = Ada's grapple gun
OJIR1 = Explosive mine
OKRE1 = Large Crane
OLAS1/2/3 = Lab door
ONIF1 = Dagger
ONIF2 = Combat Knife
OR121 = Boulder
OREQ1 = Unsure... looks like a container of some kind.
OSAK1 = Grenade Launcher rounds (used in a small cutscene)
OSIT1 = Civilian. Body seen in the subway.
OSLD1 = Wall used as protection in the Talos boss fight
OTRA1 = Truck
OTYP1 = Typewriter

It would take FAR too long for me to go through the BG folder. There's practically hundreds of ARCs and about 5 brres files in each one.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Is someone researching why some models from nintendo games such as mario kart and mario&sonic olympic winter games dissapear if not pointing to some special place in the stage? O.o

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'm not very good at this =/ I'm trying to get the model for Klonoa but when I go in and look for mdl0's all I can find are mdl's and they don't seem to work with the methods shown in the first post. I'm not finding fpk's or arc's either. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And are Mdl's the same as Mdl0's? I looked all over the internet for the answer and didn't find anything.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you guys asked for it:

1. In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, all of the CHR0 files are inside of BRRES files. Open one up in a hex editor (I use Hex Workshop), delete everything that comes before the "CHR0" string, then save the resulting file with the extension ".CHR0". Now open up that file in your hex editor again.

2. The bytes in gray need to be "00000004".

3. The first two bytes in the green section need to be "FFDD". Don't change the last two bytes.

4. The purple bytes show where the definitions header begins (I think that's what it's called, it might be different in animation files). Go to the beginning of the MDL0 header and jump forward that amount of bytes (in Hex Workshop, use Edit > Goto, then put "0000002C" in the text box). The definitions header usually starts with "000004X8" in these files, with X being some random number (in this example it is 00000498). Insert four "FF" bytes before it.

5. Delete the four black bytes.

6. You're done, open the animation in BrawlBox while viewing your model of choice.

Apologies to RandomTBush and anyone else who can actually read this code if my instructions are totally incorrect, this is just the result of what I've gathered from studying RandomTBush's model-importing tutorial and certain patterns in the file structures. It happened to give good results in BrawlBox, so I'm guessing it's good for something. If I'm wrong about anything here, feel free to correct me.
this did not work for me for Golem's model from PokePark Wii :(

and I have no idea on how to make custum animations, if only I had someone who could consider helping someone in need, I love Golem guys :(

Edit:

Okay I'm not very good at this =/ I'm trying to get the model for Klonoa but when I go in and look for mdl0's all I can find are mdl's and they don't seem to work with the methods shown in the first post. I'm not finding fpk's or arc's either. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And are Mdl's the same as Mdl0's? I looked all over the internet for the answer and didn't find anything.
they are already working on Klonoa Frostymm

but hey go here -> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265063

and ask the ones working on the team to help you out since you are interested in Klonoa

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
they are already working on Klonoa Frostymm

but hey go here -> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265063

and ask the ones working on the team to help you out since you are interested in Klonoa
Thanks but I already knew about them. I just wanted to know what I was doing wrong so I could do more in the future, I just wanted to use Klonoa as my first project so see how far I could get. I plan on trying to figure out other models as well and if I can't even get passed the first step then I won't get very far.... ^^'

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
this did not work for me for Golem's model from PokePark Wii :(

and I have no idea on how to make custum animations, if only I had someone who could consider helping someone in need, I love Golem guys :(
You don't have to hex pokepark CHR0s. In brawlbox (not the previewer, brawlbox itself), select each CHR0 and change its frame count to whatever number that's not 0 (most have like 200 frames or less, so put something like 500) and change the Unknowns values to 0. Then rename each one (whatever name you want). When you preview them, play an animation and see in what frame it stops, then change the frame number you put before to the correct frame number.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to hex pokepark CHR0s. In brawlbox (not the previewer, brawlbox itself), select each CHR0 and change its frame count to whatever number that's not 0 (most have like 200 frames or less, so put something like 500) and change the Unknowns values to 0. Then rename each one (whatever name you want). When you preview them, play an animation and see in what frame it stops, then change the frame number you put before to the correct frame number.
t... th... THANKs!!!!!

I will try this right away ^^

Edit:

It actually worked!!!

thank you very much :)

EDIT2:

it doesn't let me save it, and I saved it to another name not the same one I was working, and it doesn't let me open the previewer anymore for the one with the chr0 fixed :(

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Do you know whether or not this may apply to others?
Regardless, I'll have to keep that in mind to try when I get a chance.

MetaRidley5

Smash Rookie
AWWW! XD I would've loved to see "The Apprentice" from Star Wars Force Unleashed. But then again his model did look kinda funny in that game XD if only Soul Calibur 4 was on Wii with MDL0 files.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
When porting a model, do all the bones have to be renamed, or does the model just need to be reanimated completely?

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
It'd probably be best if I redone the animations, then. Heheh.
Because I plan to port Wesker to Brawl. I'm gonna put my fan character on hold, for now.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey, can we actually DO anything with all those random extra bones we add? I'm thinking of making a HaveN for Gardevoir out of one of them, and even though it won't be attached to her hand, since she's psychic, that actually works quite well.
In addition, can't we use the bones to attach free-moving graphics to? Just move whatever bone the graphic's tacked onto and the graphic will move with it.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yes. A bone is a bone, just because it doesn't move any polygons doesn't mean you can't attach hitboxes and stuff to them. I actually was planning on doing this once I get off my lazy butt and find a way to make Missingno. work with the current version of the bone adder.

Top Bottom