• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Luigi was also a playable character in SMB3

He could also recieve the hammer bros. upgrade

Suit and tomahawks
We gave that to Mario though. We made them different, just like the spacies. And besides the Polt, they have just about the same things plausible. Paya suggested Mario gets the hammahs tht throw so we gave Weegee the one tht wallops. Besides, what else would you give him instead of the hammer and Polt that works in RL?

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Stealth Rock
|
Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So, vs Ness, lucas and Peach (as they are relativley similar)....?
I guess how much margin of error are we giving the bombers, because Luigi is stronger than all of them and could kill them if he got close. But, that's IF he got close. Also if the bombs don't detonate on impact, couldn't Luigi use the Polt to suck them up and throw the Polt back at them? Just an idea, but I didn't know how plausible it would be.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Water attacks will make Leech Seeds grow, causing them to heal the attacks % back in full as well as emit an aura for 1% healing per second in a 1/2 platform radius around the foe.
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
|The first three Pokemon have some nice general synergy revolving around floating traps, impressive healing, and teleporting in general to stay alive. Aside from their Interactions being defensive for the most part, their Super Smashes grant nice amounts of offense to help round them out. Well suited for players of any skill level.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam teleports the trio to the target after popping in and grabbing their arms. Feraligatr will then grab at the foe from behind them, and if successful, begin Pummeling like mad with Alakazam next to him at a perfect distance to regrab if they grab release. To switch that up however, occasionally Alakazam will use Teleport to switch both position with Gatr, and who has the foe grabbed, surely confusing the foe! While this is going on, Breloom can be controlled as he automatically winds up a Focus Punch, and when he's about ready to strike, the Pokemon who currently has the foe will release them into the air for him to jump up and strike!
|

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well if plausible, would he win?
And against TL, I think TL wins as well, but I wasn't too sure.
Luc I'm totally lost about.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Whirlpool
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|Set sail for a water-world with the most aquatically inclined team around! Feraligatr is the star here as with Whirlpool, Dragon's Rain, Flooded Trick rooms and aerial water flows, it'll be amazing if the foe gains a foot of distance, let alone approach you. Combine that with Z and Gatr's natural artillery and Nasty Plot, and you have a camper's dream.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
TL wins due to better range i think

now, what would be needed for the poltergust to be able to suck up then re-launch bombs?

He would need the Polt to be able to suck in and spit out before the bombs detonate.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Poltergust_3000
It has the ability to shoot out stuff, but with the ability to shoot them, he could use their bombs better than them. Then in CQC, Hammah> Stick & Pan, but Bat IDK about.
I don't see Lucas of Peach taking this one at all, and Ness looks rather slim.
And as far as Luc, does a hammer alleviate his fighting skills?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
On the TL match-up...Can the Polt suck up TL ranged attacks (Arrows, boomerang, etc.?). Of course I still hink TL would win because a sword traditionally beats a hammer, but just wondering.

UncleSam

Smash Master
While Luigi can suck up one of them, TL can switch to another weapon to hit him while luigi is busy, or he can keep luigi occupied and move in for a close ranged strike, because Luigi has two, two-handed weapons meaning he needs time to switch weapons, TL's bombs and boomerang are one-handed weapons allowing him to switch between the two easily giving him a better chance to get a hit through Luigi's poltergeist.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Does the Polt have a capacity limit?

By that I mean could he just infinitly suck up all of TL weapons until he needs to move in closer...

...and whose faster on foot? TL?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Does the Polt have a capacity limit?

By that I mean could he just infinitly suck up all of TL weapons until he needs to move in closer...
that would be literally impossible unless his poltergeist is a black hole... which would also be impossible.

...and whose faster on foot? TL?
who has heavier weapons in relation to their weight?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
So Eventually Luigi has to use something different besides the Polt...

and the second point becomes null. Got it.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
****....is this where the thread is headin lol?
Weegee loses to TL
Beats the bombers
and ??? w/ Lucario.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Whirlpool
|
Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Assist
|
Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Cool. I'll update the chart later on today and we can move on to the next person.
Pokemon rd is Rd. 6....

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting on my prank as well...
And yea Rd. 6 will happen if we breeze through all of these extra rounds.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Luigi has the same hammers as mario, no?

(also, Luigi is a grown (kinda) man, Lucario si a 3'11" pokemon...)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Neither are rather spectacular, but someone has to win and lose.
*Thanks REL for a counter argument*

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Me thinks your praying on our downfall...or encouraging us to continue...too bad me is vexed....

UncleSam

Smash Master
(also, Luigi is a grown (kinda) man, Lucario si a 3'11" pokemon...)
does it really matter if he can't fight? especially while weighted down by weapons that are essentially useless against lucario unless he gets lucky.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
How much luck do you need against an animal with little balance?
And exactly how is Lucario gonna kill Weegee w/o a great risk/reward factor?

REL38

Smash Lord
it moves on all fours which is faster and more balanced and attacks on two,
or just jump on weegee.
I thought we've been over this before:

Lucario has a humanoid body
Where his body structure is made to stand up erect and move on two legs

Running on 4 legs is very much comparable to a human doing so

The body isn't designed to cover distance or conveniently move on all fours

Heck, Lucario's legs are longer than his arms
His rear end would be sticking up high on all fours
Like a human

UncleSam

Smash Master
I thought we've been over this before:

Lucario has a humanoid body
Where his body structure is made to stand up erect and move on two legs

Running on 4 legs is very much comparable to a human doing so

The body isn't designed to cover distance or conveniently move on all fours

Heck, Lucario's legs are longer than his arms
His rear end would be sticking up high on all fours
Like a human
that's not what I remember, people said that due to the fact that he's a Jackal
moving on twos wasn't optional like you said but he was able to move on fours.
take a look at the foot structure, it's the same as an animals a long foot, and a kneecap that faces away instead of forward a big difference between us and animals which is why we walk funny on fours and animals don't

Nova9000

Smash Lord
But US has a point. The kneecap is what hinders Luc in general when it comes to agility. So Weegee knocks him down easier and it's hammer time.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
>Tocador.

>Moderator.

EDIT:

>Payasofobia.

>Moderator.

Double edit:

>EVERY ****ING PERSON IN SMASH BOARDS.

>Moderators.

Top Bottom