• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

highfive

Smash Lord
>.>

Advertiseinsigs

lolwut?

Simply quote me, copy the code above and paste in to your signature (I can make customized ones too)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I want to make this program my baby and nurse it to be something awesome.

Mewter

Smash Master
And you'll force it to become a doctor when it grows up instead of letting it follow its dreams. :(

Or you'll follow the good route and follow it to baseball games every Thursday evening, allowing it to grow up to be a successful businessman! :D

Mewter

Smash Master
Highfive, you should totally include "Do you have problems?" on the sig.

Mewter

Smash Master
No no, of course not.

Not just about life...

Be sure to include the universe, and everything!

JTsm

Smash Master
Can someone teach me better on the diddy and falco MU. I'm a Snake main, and I've been losing to a lot to a diddy mainer. I'm also not good with the Falco match up either. Both of em are super spammy, butis there a way to get out of that? I just need someone that is experienced with this. If no one can, I'll just look some where else.
Well this request is still up and waiting :)

I know someone has taken up on it, but haven't heard of him yet.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
hey, im working on improving my game right now. I'm a Pit mainer (wifi is down for me for now, should have it back soon).

highfive

Smash Lord
Well this request is still up and waiting :)

I know someone has taken up on it, but haven't heard of him yet.
You can always PM them. You have to go out of your way. Not just demand something and wait for it to happen.

hey, im working on improving my game right now. I'm a Pit mainer (wifi is down for me for now, should have it back soon).
Welcome! Feel free to ask questions.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
ive been on the pit boards for a while and have discovered that most AT are impractical and i should just work on spacing, timing, and MU knowledge. Is there something else i should keep in mind? (any general advice is welcome, doesnt have to pretain to PIT)

highfive

Smash Lord
ive been on the pit boards for a while and have discovered that most AT are impractical and i should just work on spacing, timing, and MU knowledge. Is there something else i should keep in mind? (any general advice is welcome, doesnt have to pretain to PIT)
Err... wrong. AT's actually make up the meta game believe it or not. When you play a legitimate Snake main you'll realize that.

Pit... Pit... Yeah. I hate Pit. Timing is pretty much null and void in wifi. Spacing will save you a lot on wifi. MU isn't exactly the best on wifi but it does help a bit.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm going to COMPLETELY redo the OP. I stil need to talk INfinite tho.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Err... wrong. AT's actually make up the meta game believe it or not. When you play a legitimate Snake main you'll realize that.

Pit... Pit... Yeah. I hate Pit. Timing is pretty much null and void in wifi. Spacing will save you a lot on wifi. MU isn't exactly the best on wifi but it does help a bit.
Ah snakes make me unhappy... i cant move around too much w/out getting blown up -.- so i usually just arrow spam and reflect 'nades till i get approached. and i'l keep in mind what you said about AT

highfive

Smash Lord
Ah snakes make me unhappy... i cant move around too much w/out getting blown up -.- so i usually just arrow spam and reflect 'nades till i get approached. and i'l keep in mind what you said about AT
spamming is what most people hate and tend to avoid playing against people who spam. Eventually you'll learn to add diversity.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
spamming is what most people hate and tend to avoid playing against people who spam. Eventually you'll learn to add diversity.
i do use a variety actually, i just dont like going CQC against chars that have longer range and Koing power than me (ie snake) until i have the percentage lead by a good 25-30%. Snake's U-tilt-F-tilt have ***** me over a few times when ive been to eager to get close and finish him off. if i think i have an equal or better CQC game than my opponent then i show much more variety(albiet i do perfer arials over most ground attacks). :lick:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
>.>

Advertiseinsigs

lolwut?

Simply quote me, copy the code above and paste in to your signature (I can make customized ones too)
Oh ****, I just noticed this!

Can you make me a customized one?

Also, to what a normal mentor is, I figure that a normal mentor is a mentor that is more, como se dice, broad. For example, you come into this site, but you don't have a preference towards a video game. Someone could just give a tour to allocate you to lets say somewhere like the writing forum

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
However, that is pretty much the job of the IBWC, so normal mentors are going to be tossed.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok then, I'll have to be the one to ask

Whatever happened to the new system we're trying to implement?

I thought it was supposed to go on a few days ago.

Not trying to rush, just curious

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm still waiting to get more mentors to cover all the characters and to have a couple for each.

Also, somehow i got a life today. I'm working on the OP as we speak and will talk with moderators or DL's to see who would be fit for a few mentors in the positions we lack.

As i said, it would go up today at the latest, and I'm going full speed ahead, it's just all behind the scenes work. I also have to select which people i want to mentor. I got close to 50 PMs regarding the matter.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah ok then Junglefever.

I get ya, no need to rush it, I just wanted to see what progress you've made is all.

We DO want this to come out good right? No need to rush :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'll be a Zelda mentor if the timing for when I am needed is lenient. I have a job coming up for the summer with unpredictable hours.

Top Bottom