• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

tehcerealman

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody! I just recently got brawl and I am having a great time. But at my current stage of training I am qualified as a n00b. I don't have WiFi so yeah...-__- Anyways, I would like to main several charecters but I mostly play as Toon Link , Mario and Ike. Could someone possibly explain some basics and some advanced terms in general?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, peachgaurd left, and nobody else is here, so i guess ill start cha off:

Toon Link

Mario

Ike

Vasics, with a few advanced techs.
Need more help? PM me if so, and ill be obliged to help any way possible :)

Ssonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeartP
Hello everybody! I just recently got brawl and I am having a great time. But at my current stage of training I am qualified as a n00b. I don't have WiFi so yeah...-__- Anyways, I would like to main several charecters but I mostly play as Toon Link , Mario and Ike. Could someone possibly explain some basics and some advanced terms in general?
I would become a trainer just to teach this guy! Moar Toon link mains! :laugh:

sammy p

Smash Lord
just to throw it out there, if anyone needs any help navigating the site or has any questions about it, i would be MORE than happy to answer them :)
i feel so useless since im not a very good mentor for anything :laugh:

P.S. welcome new members :)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm in too, basically all day to be precise :laugh:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uhm just to clarify, about Kazoo's little bash about the IBWC, it's not really our fault that we can't do anything at the present time.

Anyway, on that note, for navigation & anything related melee i'd be more than happy to mentor someone.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ok, cool, im contacting the others on your addition; Good Luck!:)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Uhm just to clarify, about Kazoo's little bash about the IBWC, it's not really our fault that we can't do anything at the present time.

Anyway, on that note, for navigation & anything related melee i'd be more than happy to mentor someone.
Nor did I say it was (apologies if it was construed that way, though.) However, this thread being stickied means that you guys won't be going to work any time soon (@ least after the MLG Brawl misadventures IMHO.)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
im soo sorry for my late reply...my internets been dead for a while...and no i dont have any mentors at all :(

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What do you need a mentor for (which game and character, basic site nav)?

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
well i play only ssb64 atm....My main is link cuz hes fun to play..i also play falcon and pikachu, and on some occasions fox

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Even though I'm not a total smash noob (though I'm not that great either) I could really use a zero suit samus mentor please :)
I main ZSS but I struggle with some match ups like falco and I struggle with 4v4 matches too.
Anyone here a ZSS expert?
My Zamus isnt very skillfull, but i could get some match-up research done for ya no prob ^__- b
Also, may i ask what a 4v4 is?
It has me curious:laugh:

well i play only ssb64 atm....My main is link cuz hes fun to play..i also play falcon and pikachu, and on some occasions fox
I can utterly help you with Link and Falcon:)
Pikachu and Fox, you may want to check the 64 Discussion threads.

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
My Zamus isnt very skillfull, but i could get some match-up research done for ya no prob ^__- b
Also, may i ask what a 4v4 is?
It has me curious:laugh:
Thanks Lucas! I could use some match-up data to help me train efficiently :)
As for 4v4, I'm probably just saying it wrong :p
I mean when its 4 people in a match, and it isn't teams. So saying 2v2 wouldn't have made sense, so I said 4v4. Though now I have people confused :(
In other words, 4 in a match, every player for themselves.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks Lucas! I could use some match-up data to help me train efficiently :)
As for 4v4, I'm probably just saying it wrong :p
I mean when its 4 people in a match, and it isn't teams. So saying 2v2 wouldn't have made sense, so I said 4v4. Though now I have people confused :(
In other words, 4 in a match, every player for themselves.
Your very welcome!:)
And it is commonly referred to as a FFA, Free 4 all, or just Free4

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, my bad :laugh:
I suppose I'm, just going to have to play the waiting game to get a mentor. Good things come to those who wait after all :)
Well, im mentoring already, so you can PM whomever you'd like to help you :)
Just pick someone from the list in the catagory of choice.

ExorOmega

Smash Rookie
Hello all!

I am Exor (but some bum already has my login - the nerve of some people :p ), I've been doing this awhile, but RyutsNoir, Gifts, and Skibe have finally convinced me to join SmashBoards. So, here I am :D

I'd call myself beginner competitive, because I can beat pretty much everybody I know (Pretty well RyutsNoir not withstanding >< - approximately 35% victory rating, at best), but I understand that even the greatest of us were no match for the opening rounds of the last tournament.

I used to play Smash just to play Smash (and incidentally beat everybody I came up against), but now that a competitive circle has emerged, I find myself wanting to get better. As much as I hate to admit it, I need training.

I main Marth because I'm not good enough to crush people as Hurricane Ike (He doesn't have any friends - he causes too much collateral damage). I also enjoy Ganondorf , Sam, and a good Palecario (White Lucario) every now and again.

In addition, I just got on here today, and although I've been poking around a little bit prior, I don't know much about what is where and how etc. I was curious to see who of us was hitting the Waterford, MI tourney next Saturday, though.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I might sign up as a SWF mentor eventually xD
...maybe...
SoulWithLife, i can probs help out with some ZSS questions n stuff if you'd like since youre already on ZSS boards

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Perhaps we could have a brawl?
I want to see how I stack up and what I need to improve on.
Sure
I can't at the moment because I have to watch my sister's lacrosse game (ohjoyyyy)

Shoot me a PM when you wanna brawl, and I'll do my best to help ya out! :D

sparks11

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Names Anthony, i have tons of different names but my tag is Aqua lol
just decided to join just cuz of my friend. Hope to get better since i was introduced to brawl by the die hard guys lol....see ya around i guess

melykpie

Smash Rookie
I kinda need help with the psa character thing with ssbb. I dont know how to play as psa characters. can someone go through the steps with me please? :) thanks!

Spaztic Monkey

Smash Cadet
Well I figure that I'll post my needs. I'm in need of a Brawl mentor. I'm not horrible and can destroy my friends but I won't call my smashing great. My mains/seconds are all LoZ characters (mostly Toon link), the PK kids, and am trying out Kirby and DDD. I need help in many aspects except there is one character that really annoys me: Pit. Any one up for it?
P.S Due to school and sports I am not always avalible but Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I can genrally do quite a bit on
P.P.S I also use wii mote+ nunchuck

sammy p

Smash Lord
I need help in many aspects except there is one character that really annoys me: Pit.
...... im a Pit main ........
hhahahah nahh sorry i cant help you man, but im not a good mentor :) hope you find who your looking for, and if you need help navigating the site, ill be more than happy to help you :) (but it seems by your post count your finding your way quite nicely :p)

Spaztic Monkey

Smash Cadet
...... im a Pit main ........
hhahahah nahh sorry i cant help you man, but im not a good mentor :) hope you find who your looking for, and if you need help navigating the site, ill be more than happy to help you :) (but it seems by your post count your finding your way quite nicely :p)
Well thanks anyways. Most of my Pit experence has cmae from my spammy friend so that is probably why

Top Bottom