• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Your a toon link main right?
Well two can play at the spammy game ;)
Why don't you use your down A spike?
It's pretty deadly when you use it right...
Thats not spam >.>
If you spam TL Dspike,i guarantee sometime its going to cost yoi a stock;Its just too punishable, and too dangerous to continually attempt a spike.
But i agrre, it is worth it, if you can get it to hit ^__- b

Mewter

Smash Master
Dair can only be used offensively if your opponent is clearly stupid or is trapped in a move's ending lag.
It can be useful in getting back on the ground though. It's almost never worth it to use it offstage if you're playing a real match.

And that Toon Link "spam" is actually a way of playing smart. :p

I'll mentor you, Spaztic Monkey! We'll have to take it to Visitor Messages though.

Mewter

Smash Master
I'll be available on the weekends too.
PM is a better way of communicating though. I don't check these threads often. :p

xbrawlmasterx

Smash Cadet
my other account got banned
here are my 5 favorite characters
1.mario
2.toon link
3.zelda/sheik
4.marth
5.samus/zero suit samus

Fisper

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new to this forum. I like to play Super Smash Brothers alot but never have anyone to play with now that most of my friends have moved away. The online wii connections suck, and have a 2 second delay in actions. I thought I would try a community site to make new friends and possibly start playing with real people rather than computers.

My favorite character is Bowser
My second is Falco

sammy p

Smash Lord
ummmmm sooo i hope i dont sound like a complete JERK when i say this(because thats the last thing i wanna be :(), but this thread really isnt supposed to be where you all can introduce yourselves... :)
you can make your own thread for that!!!
this place is to ask for help navigating the site, or getting mentored in one of 3 popular nintendo game series! if you dont need any help with those, then there isnt much need to post here :) make your own thread to introduce yourself!! dont do it here!
but welcom to everyone anyways :p:p

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm confused as to why this would be implemented as opposed to the IBWC, and I'm curious as to how these mentors were appointed. They seem to just be frequenters of M&G.

Mewter

Smash Master
People volunteered for various positions. :\
I think I need a mentor. My Brawling has fallen out of place.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Because the IBWC takes effort on MLG's part.
So it looks like this is just a temporary thing. That said, mentors just seem to based on volunteers or w/e.

But yeah.

Mewter you big ol' jerk. Ninja'd

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
thx....sorry AGAIN my internet went dead.....when can we start sensei? :3

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
Dair can only be used offensively if your opponent is clearly stupid or is trapped in a move's ending lag.
It can be useful in getting back on the ground though. It's almost never worth it to use it offstage if you're playing a real match.

And that Toon Link "spam" is actually a way of playing smart. :p

I'll mentor you, Spaztic Monkey! We'll have to take it to Visitor Messages though.
I apologize then. Perhaps spam was the wrong word? I am not a toon link player, so I would not know the correct usage of the Dair in a proper match.
Anyway, I apologize about not being on very much as my computer screen decided to pop its clogs and blow up...no I'm not joking.
However, the problem still stands. It seems that I cannot find someone who is confident enough with ZSS to mentor me :ohwell:
Until someone who can play ZSS comes along, I guess I'm just gonna have to practice against level 9 cpu's :urg:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Because the IBWC takes effort on MLG's part.
So it looks like this is just a temporary thing. That said, mentors just seem to based on volunteers or w/e.

But yeah.

Mewter you big ol' jerk. Ninja'd
This. The IBWC can't do anything until the subforum for the Q&A is implemented, something they are taking their time in doing. This is a nice, quick alternative for newer members to ask for help navigating the site while we sit and wait for the Q&A.

sammy p

Smash Lord
I apologize then. Perhaps spam was the wrong word? I am not a toon link player, so I would not know the correct usage of the Dair in a proper match.
Anyway, I apologize about not being on very much as my computer screen decided to pop its clogs and blow up...no I'm not joking.
However, the problem still stands. It seems that I cannot find someone who is confident enough with ZSS to mentor me :ohwell:
Until someone who can play ZSS comes along, I guess I'm just gonna have to practice against level 9 cpu's :urg:
god i feel like such a failure to be a part of this, but not be able to help you :( im sorry!

would you like to at least play some matches with me?? i dont know how much playing you actually do online, but if youve never done a heck of a lot of it, it may very well be helpful :) i dont know, just an idea!! lol

Spaztic Monkey

Smash Cadet
The TLink thing is fine, but if you find a way to sucesfully spam dair I'll give you a cookie :bee:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
(sorry for taking so long to respond.)
I only play melee, and I main falco, side sheik.
hey, sup

i dont know if im officially doing this but i know a bunch about both characters and their matchups, send me a VM, PM, or hit me up on AIM!

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
god i feel like such a failure to be a part of this, but not be able to help you :( im sorry!

would you like to at least play some matches with me?? i dont know how much playing you actually do online, but if youve never done a heck of a lot of it, it may very well be helpful :) i dont know, just an idea!! lol
Sure, I'll play a match with you. If I go online I usually play those random ffa and I'm not too good at ffa's. I'm good at 1v1 though, so sure. I'll add your fc now.

Aj33x

Smash Cadet

If your ever on you should add me im online from time to time. :bee:

PLYR5

Smash Rookie
Hello. Its nice to be here. I hope i can learn a lot from this site, i main Toon Link which is the reason for my name.

Enix

Smash Rookie
I have a question regarding this mentor system. Do the mentors also function as tutors meaning do they provide WiFi training? If so, I'm looking for a training buddy, preferably somebody who can help me to improve my Link. Thanks.

sammy p

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding this mentor system. Do the mentors also function as tutors meaning do they provide WiFi training? If so, I'm looking for a training buddy, preferably somebody who can help me to improve my Link. Thanks.
to answe any of your questions, YES! lol PM any of the smash mentors, and they will be more than happy to help you out! :)

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
there are wifi mentors on that list so just go ahead and ask them!
they can train you via wifi. if you have questions on link i think i could help you till you find a link main to help u:)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Isn't there something called the Smash School in GBD or osmething like that as well?

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, my alius is Doplghost AKA Dopl-G. and even though I have been playing smash for quite a while, only resently have I practiced and gone to a tournament about 2 months ago, a couple of friends recomended this site to me and so here I am, introducing myself, I hope we can have tons of fun as well as b eing competative.

Sharkgang Polehat

Smash Rookie
new here

hey guys, i'm new here, but not new to ssb64. just wanted to say hi and invite anyone who wants to p2p to do so either through here or steam friends "sharkgangpolehat" or aim "kurtonthealert" or skype "sharkgangpolehat" ... im also looking for sumone who can help me out with explaining the various online programs and what settings are best etc. thanks

i'm pretty good by my standards, i was playing dabomb and winning a fair share, so bring on the heat :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Actually

okay wifi'ers

I play Marth/Luigi/ZSS (or am trying lol)

anyone want to help me pick up these characters and teach me about them?

applehead

Smash Rookie
i need a pokemon mentor
and a kirby mentor and a link mentor
i mean i am good with them
but not as awesome as pros

Top Bottom