• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, cept if you do it on wifi, it raises the damage done by moves as well.

Also didn't that tournament won by a Yoshi have some weird rule **** blocking metaknight from his best CPs?

Nestec

Smash Ace
Ness has hardly done anything in quite a long time.

Looking at pure results only, Yoshi would deserve to surpass Ness.

:green:

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Lol wut? ^^^ What does booze have to do with Yoshi and tournamnets?

Nestec: Ness did better at MLG, so I think Ness should stay ahead.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lol wut? ^^^ What does booze have to do with Yoshi and tournamnets?

Nestec: Ness did better at MLG, so I think Ness should stay ahead.
ness did better in doubles. which isn't an official MLG event.

yoshi did better in singles which is what counts

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Ness did worse in singles? ???????

Didn't Shaky place higher than any other Yoshi?

Nestec

Smash Ace
Orlando: Shaky 33rd, Poltergust 49th
Columbus: Shaky 10th, no high-placing Yoshi
Raleigh: Neither placed
DC: Shaky 49th, Poltergust 25th
Dallas: Shaky 9th, Poltergust 17th (both excluding the "championship bracket")

tl;dr: Don't listen to Ripple. At all. <3

Tesh

Smash Hero
Which notable players did they beat along the way though. I heard alot about Shaky. Not as much about Yoshi's Biggest I heard was DSF losing to Polt. Its a big bracket. Some people got deceptively far without much effort I'm sure. Not saying these guys did. Just wondering which top players they beat.

Shaky was 1 away from championship bracket?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I was speaking of only dallas. even though I didn't say it.

someone told me polt placed higher than shaky

Nestec

Smash Ace
Tesh said:
Shaky was 1 away from championship bracket?
Yes. Keep in mind though, championship bracket consisted of 16 other players. So technically, Shaky's ranking was 17th, and Poltergust's was 25th.

Which notable players did they beat along the way though. I heard alot about Shaky. Not as much about Yoshi's Biggest I heard was DSF losing to Polt. Its a big bracket. Some people got deceptively far without much effort I'm sure. Not saying these guys did. Just wondering which top players they beat.
Shaky beat Seibrik, Polt beat DSF. Both of them beat a bunch of nobodies along the way though.

EDIT:
Ripple said:
I was speaking of only dallas. even though I didn't say it.

someone told me polt placed higher than shaky
You mean DC? That was the only one in which a Yoshi placed higher than a Ness.

Savon

Smash Ace
What are the tools that Yoshis have in order be performing so solidly in tournaments. I don't know much about Yoshi, but he is by far my least liked character in the game. What does he have that the other characters around him on the tier list don't have?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Surprise value.

Yoshi is a big surprise if you haven't played a good one quite a bit. I thank the stars I had Bwett back in the day, he probably saved me from falling to Polt.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Well, against some characters, his chaingrab is still awesome sauce. Not too suprising.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
maybe coney just stepped it up mad hard.

personally tho, I watched coneys matches from the tourneys hes won, and... like, he playes the quentessential ddd imo. like hes SUUUUUUPER super basic, but his basics, and his spacing and timing are so good, he doesnt make stupid mistakes, which let him beat people that do.

that... and theres 0 mks in md/va

oh and they lost to PA so their terrible.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Can someone link me to one of Coney's most recent tourney matches?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Eh, yeah, but he's not like national level good. He is impressive, though. It was sad to see Chu lose though :(

Nestec

Smash Ace
Shoooot, Coney was eatin them airdodges.

Honestly, I feel like DDD falls into the category of very underestimated and underappreciated characters, due to this mindset of "ohh, he was good about two years ago, but now people know how to fight him". This mindset causes people to forget how hard DDD really can wreck you.

Others in this category include: Snake, Game and Watch, R.O.B., maybe others...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Isn't seagull that guy who's always saying Wolf is good? Waddup with all the MK?

@ tournament Coney won.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
*points to Ike placing higher than Yoshi at MLG*
Actually, I outplaced San at MLG DC. I don't believe he went to MLG Dallas, though.

Yea, cept if you do it on wifi, it raises the damage done by moves as well.

Also didn't that tournament won by a Yoshi have some weird rule **** blocking metaknight from his best CPs?
Also booze.
Yeah, everything sort of worked to my advantage at that tournament, but a win's a win. :)

:069:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Isn't seagull that guy who's always saying Wolf is good? Waddup with all the MK?

@ tournament Coney won.
No, that's Kain.

...Wait, no, it's Auspher.

eh...yeah, you're right, that's Seagull.

I have always used Mk alongside Wolf for his bad matchups. I had a Pikachu and a D3. What do you expect?

I used Wolf too, but Coney forgot to put him next to my name:glare:.

Steam

Smash Hero
@Seagull- Go down with the ****ing ship you coward.

lol oldmanfgt

I hate Dedede. People should stop using him so I can stop having to CP for him.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I have always used Mk alongside Wolf for his bad matchups. I had a Pikachu and a D3. What do you expect?

I used Wolf too, but Coney forgot to put him next to my name:glare:.
Considering people keep telling me that Wolf has the tools to deal with his bad matchups....it would be nice to see some Wolf players actually playing his bad matchups.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
just because wolf can do ok against his bad match ups doesnt mean there's wolf mains out there that're good enough to actually accomplish it. Not saying all the good wolf mains are bad of course but if they have other characters to fall back on, like gull and choice do, why not make it easier on yourself?
its the same with TKD going MK agaisnt fox's bad MU's

wolf, fox and many other characters can do better than expected in tough MU's when in the hands of the right players, but if the said player isnt confident enough to try its smarter to fall back on a better character for the time being

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What are the tools that Yoshis have in order be performing so solidly in tournaments. I don't know much about Yoshi, but he is by far my least liked character in the game. What does he have that the other characters around him on the tier list don't have?
Best air speed in the game, fast ground speed, an air grab, a wavedash (Dragonic Reverse), a great recovery (6 jumps, one of which about twice as high and with super armor), a heavy weight, a two hit projectile, good tilts, pullback and a bit of invincibility on smashes, a chain grab, a fast and long ranged pivot grab, an impenetrable shield, a couple reliable true combos, decent kill setups, can get huge rewards on one read, etc.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Except most of those in the end are for pretty much every decent char. Thought Yoshi would enjoy a little better mobility to make up for his great airspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom