• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I guess it'd be better if it was called Power shield buffering or something along the lines of you power shielding and attacking the first frame possible

Mr.-0, you need to chill out, even though the technique isn't 100% new, the application is

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Using it to interrupt a tornado? Yeah, I guess that's new. In fact, does it really even matter if it's new if it works? Shouldn't characters still be able to use it like they did in the video?

Browny

Smash Hater
And I'm aware that results and theorycraft can contradict each other, but that doesn't change the fact that they have a correlation most of the time.
I do not believe this to be technically correct. Results can contradict theorycraft, but by no means can theory EVER contradict results, the results are the only ones capable or proving something else wrong. The 'most' of the time you are referring to is when theory match results, every other instance is when the theory was wrong. At the end of the day, the results were always quantifiable and defined clearly. Now I'm not suggesting results be worth 100% of a characters position on a tier list, but imo the results should determine a characters position on the tier list and the theory acts as a margin of error, pushing characters up or down a few spots in the instance of heavily biased results (such as only 1 player capable of doing well while no others even come close).

Results are more important than theorycraft, only because theorycraft (for the most part) is encompassed in results. But that's no excuse to neglect theorycraft, or results.
This is better.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
What's your explanation for it, then? I don't have a clue as to what else it could be.

:069:
Dunno how to explain it well, but when Lucas tethers to the stage, his body will sorta instantly teleport near the ledge before he retracts it. In the vid, Lucas was hit during the same frame he would've teleported near the ledge. So during that single frame, his body was there but the hit canceled his teleport.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Those signatures make my eyes bleed though, its'like the default photoshop bevel and glow and a tutorials.com reflection.
That's not a nice thing to say. They were gifts. :(

Dunno how to explain it well, but when Lucas tethers to the stage, his body will sorta instantly teleport near the ledge before he retracts it. In the vid, Lucas was hit during the same frame he would've teleported near the ledge. So during that single frame, his body was there but the hit canceled his teleport.
But then... wouldn't his body be next to the ledge, then? I don't understand how the hurtboxes could teleport before Lucas' character model does.

Well, we can always just test it and see what happens when you tether the ledge and retract/not retract.

:069:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't there an easy way to confirm one of you is wrong about this?

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
What if the Marios disagreed? Your word vs. theirs. And I'm assuming you know everything Mario can do too, right?

IMO the only MUs that should affect the list are the ratios that the top players of each character come up with. BBR should do that if they haven't already. Actually, any on paper discussion/influence should be top players only. Or you'd have to prove that you know what you're talking about before you have input.

@0 effect is a noun, and affect is a verb. You used it correctly.
Actually I took this from the matchup tier list in the MU chart thread. Now that I look back into it, it's pretty outdated(lol @ Yoshi getting ***** 65-35 by Samus) but Yoshi still got better MUs than Mario. And top players do sometimes contribute in MU discussions, so yeah(it might be more accurate if it was made by BBR only, but so far we only got that as MU data). Other proof is that Mario gets ***** by MK, Marth and D3 while Yoshi dosen't really get ***** by anyone. As far as I know, most Mario players don't even think he got a chance of getting mid, so I don't think Marios would disagree :/

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@ Browny
You're right, thank you for pointing that out.

@ K Prime
Well, whether the hurtbox is extended or Lucas' hurtbox "teleports" to the edge, it doesn't really matter. Both cases apply to NickRiddle's initial point which brought up the whole discussion, that you can easily edgeguard Lucas when he goes for the tether, including spiking, by attacking the image of the snake.
Though the fact that Lucas wasn't right at the edge after the d-smash would lead me to believe that the hitbox is extended, but whatever. That's the only difference made.

For the hurtbox to "teleport", would that mean that you can't hit Lucas' image as soon as he tethers?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
@SFP

I don't get it. Do you mean they're making one, that it would be awesome, or that it would suck? I understand the joke, but... be a little more specific.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
@ Browny
You're right, thank you for pointing that out.

@ K Prime
Well, whether the hurtbox is extended or Lucas' hurtbox "teleports" to the edge, it doesn't really matter. Both cases apply to NickRiddle's initial point which brought up the whole discussion, that you can easily edgeguard Lucas when he goes for the tether, including spiking, by attacking the image of the snake.
Though the fact that Lucas wasn't right at the edge after the d-smash would lead me to believe that the hitbox is extended, but whatever. That's the only difference made.

For the hurtbox to "teleport", would that mean that you can't hit Lucas' image as soon as he tethers?
Trust me, I'm right.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I really think that Lucas' snake is an extended hurtbox. It definitely looked like that, or ZSS' DSMASH has some disjointed range we don't know about. I don't think it has to do with teleporting and the character image not following immediatly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi for hardest character to learn in Smash.

In fact, I doubt there's any one person who can execute every one of his AT's consistently.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
:p Implying that Ike is better than Yoshi. But I ahevn't ever seen any good Yoshis, and San is boss, so I guess thats right.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
:p Implying that Ike is better than Yoshi. But I ahevn't ever seen any good Yoshis, and San is boss, so I guess thats right.
*points to tier list*

*points to Ike placing higher than Yoshi at MLG*

*admittedly points to roughly similar results outside of that, with about 3 really noticeable players for each character*

Switch Yoshi and PT plz.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
TBH, I wouldn't care, I've been looking forward to using my Mario for a while now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm pretty sure that's where most Yoshi's agree he belong at the moment, Nick.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, in my opinion, he should also be over ness, but if he isn't... meh, it's only one spot.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I don't think, unless some Yoshi master steps up and masters him, that Yoshi should be above Ness. Ness is far better on paper imo (and has better tournament results...) than Yoshi and I can't see Yoshi rising above Ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom