• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Good ****. Norcal is deep. Best smash region by far.

And doing good at norcal tournies should get ya famous, everyone here is godlike get out of pools at a national material. Well alot of ppl are.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Dang, I remember tarheel telling me about lord last summer. According to the results it definitely wasn't a joke... he's pretty good

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Im impressed spacies. Hope to play everyone at the next tournament.

PPPPPPPHHHIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
& Brandon =]

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
One of the worst tournaments i've ever been to, and it had NOTHING to do with the tournament.

P.S. Why werent you there Gaara? Stop letting me down D;

nehinbin

Smash Apprentice
GG to everyone I played. Good **** to Lord for almost bringing it back; you nearly had it. Shout outs to Kim for a crazy good set. Special thanks to Brandon and Julian hosting. Good tourney, I hope there are more to come; Norcal *****.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
gee miles, i'd be impressed if i didn't do the exact same thing like two weeks ago =P (lightweight trolling)

i'm not impressed by all the confidence in norcal

where are all the results at? how'd norcal do at pound?
it's easy as **** to say that "X region = the best"

norcal is DEEP but norcal is also RUSTY!!! at least from what i've seen

socal is deep, and socal has a lot of new players who are all improving fast

(i mean, bizzarroflame? really? i know i wasn't there or anything, but i saw the matches vs falcomist, and i was not impressed. how are you gonna let a legend like jeff go down in flames like that? nothing against him of course, but acting like bizarroflame/lord are NOW FAMOUS because of SEVERAL GOOD WINS AT A LOCAL is pretty ridiculous. and on top of that, it was just one tournament? where's the consistency at? and/or more importantly, what's it show about the community that attendance from these players is so shoddy?)

i've known that lord's hella good, i played him/nemesis like a year and a half ago
but how you gonna let someone just come out of NOWHERE and tear **** up at your tournament??
from the results it looks like dajuan's about the ONLY consistent player in all of norcal

on blast!!

lmao
/no salt

for real though
i'm tryna light a fire up under everyone's **ses

(joe again)

L__

Smash Master
so when's the next tournament?

still pissed that I feel like I could have placed better

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
This was a great tourney looking forward to more!

manager was pleased w/the way the event was run from the turnout to our behavior (and we cleaned up after ourselves), so there will be another one. hopefully in april, but i need to speak with him again to set a date. are there any known conflicts at this point besides the cgc on the week of april 20th?

maybe not a tourney worth doing shoutouts, but this is the first one i've ever run so. . .

brandon: for helping me organize, getting tvs, and helping w/the bracket
pocky: thanks for helping run the bracket and for chilling w/me all day
sheridan: thanks for making sure we didn't **** anything up too badly. sorry about messing up
phil: always a pleasure
zac: we always hang out but never play each other lol
scar/alan/samsonite: for kicking it in the corner in the to area
bobbysiege: nice meeting you
violence: for telling me about the venue. had never heard of the place before he mentioned it

to everyone who brought setups: thanks so much. we had over 40 entrants for singles and were able to finish well ahead of schedule

also special thanks to andy, samsonite, and nick (and others, sorry if i forgot your names) for helping me move tables and chairs and stuff at the end. thanks for coming everyone. like i said above we finished very early so if we get a lot of setups again we can probably do some fun side events

also, the venue fee is prob going to be at least $3 next time

and congrats again to all those who won money

WassupJB

Smash Lord
will try to get the bracket up later tonight, it's on a different comp but i think the singles results were
1) shroomed
2) lord
3) lunin
4) sfat
5) phil

teams:
1) scar/sfat
2) phil/waffles
lord? no ****ing way?

and wtf my ***** phil is back? damn he shoulda rsvp'd i might of showed up. how many total entrants for el singles o? <<spanish for singles.

edit:

norcal has the talent but doesn't have the passion anymore
truth

i scheduled a fudds tourney on the 27th, sfat told me to change it. but i ain't changing it now, i'm canceling it. this tournament seems too boss status.

madd props to julian and brandon, seirously. keep it up!

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Thanks again for the tourney. More practice is good practice, and it's always valuable to play against a variety of people. The venue was groovy, though seeing how good those new magic cards are made me feel very old.

I've now gotten a total of 3 YYGs off in tournament matches.

L__

Smash Master
scar and zac if you read this

I'm destroying you next tournament

I want my revenge

Shroomed

Smash Master
I loved the venue, I am sorry though Alan

btw, I have a story to tell about Rey and the club...I like barely woke up so I'll do it later

Shroomed

Smash Master
the norcal smash community is now jus for fun/hanging out with everyone, not for serious competition anymore

only ppl that care about getting any better are zac, alvin, and joe
and scarduzio in short bursts lol

time to draft up me and rey's drunken club escapade

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
the norcal smash community is now jus for fun/hanging out with everyone, not for serious competition anymore

speak for yourself, which is not to say i don't enjoy the social aspects

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Apparently if you're not poppin off at the mouth, or talking about how good you are, you dont wanna get better.

Herp Derp

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Apparently if you're not poppin off at the mouth, or talking about how good you are, you dont wanna get better.

Herp Derp
Seriously. And I would write it off as Dajuan mindgaming us into thinking 'hey I really need to get it in gear and prove to other people that I want to get better!' but then I remembered that this is Dajuan talking.

SFAT

Smash Ace

I hope you enjoyed winning your last tournament, ever.

Oh and this tournament was definitely a blast. Thanks to Julian and Brandon for hosting it, and BOBDUZIO for teaming with me and sweeping the floor.

Good stuff to Lord for getting 2nd. Hope it continues.

joeplicate

Smash Master
LOOOL dj pauly GG?

that's the weakest ****

i have

ever

heard of

(but i would expect nothing less coming from dajuan!!! =P)

for real though, i think we need a lot more hype/locals/etc

and the old men of the community need to step it up
sheridan, pocky, etc: i'm talking to you! best respect the will of a fresh young competitor!!
hatin' on ppl who wanna smash instead of spending 5 hours learning some ****ty boardgame

<33 norcal
back in a jiffy

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm not telling anyone not to smash, i'm just observing that people already don't want to smash

the game has passed many of us by for sure

CableCho57

Smash Lord
i'm not telling anyone not to smash, i'm just observing that people already don't want to smash

the game has passed many of us by for sure
looking at the smash (melee) community from a broad perspective, i'm beginning to realize this slowly seems to be happening. I feel like genesis 2 (or the year 2011) is melee's last hurrah. There are just so many small signs of this community slowly deteriorating but I reeally hope I'm wrong

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
maybe. this tournament had a pretty large turnout, including a lot of people who don't go up to tournaments in san francisco or east/north bay-- there are people out there who want to play, and talented people at that. we just have to get them to come out.

onski?

Smash Ace
looking at the smash (melee) community from a broad perspective, i'm beginning to realize this slowly seems to be happening. I feel like genesis 2 (or the year 2011) is melee's last hurrah. There are just so many small signs of this community slowly deteriorating but I reeally hope I'm wrong
every time there is a palpable fear of the community dying or deteriorating, something comes along to revive the competitive scene. for example : Wombo Combo, GPF, Genesis, Smash the doc...

Top Bottom