• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh man. ****ing, 2nd place at another decent tourney again.

Dropped 2 sets to chops.

uuuuuuuuuuugh :| I was sooooooo predictable nooooooooooooooooooooooo

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i really hoped those got recorded.
Anyway 0-2 for the second time in melee =]
but uhmm i did pretty good against n64 in brackets.
Oh and uhmm hai doc boards ;B

N64

Smash Champion
Dear docs,

Please stop downsmashing and forwardairing poor pikachu. It hurts a lot. He doesn't need to be reminded of how bad a character he is. There is Marth and Shiek already for that purpose.

Sincerely yours,
N64

P.S. Good stuff Dogy on 2nd, you were ownings peeps. Wish we coulda taken a set off chops/pbnj in teams, we definately had it in us.

P.P.S. yeah you did pretty well against me in brackets alby. Good stuff, keep it up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dear docs,

Please stop downsmashing and forwardairing poor pikachu. It hurts a lot. He doesn't need to be reminded of how bad a character he is. There is Marth and Shiek already for that purpose.

Sincerely yours,
N64
Man i swear to god if you upsmash me one more time. IT WAS CALLED TEAMS FOR A REASON XD

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Help me beat peach!!! Vanz was ****** me lol.
Vanz ***** sooo hard.. haha its all about keeping her away she's sorta sluggish, never chill around her shield or your going to get naired, and just full hop dair around alot, jabs hurt her and you should always wavedash in for an approach (personally me, I tend to jab > dsmash a peach much more than most other characters) and just get her tangled up in jab mixups and dthrow bair/uairs

and always cape turnips, even reverse cape because most peaches think they can beat it (not always the case)

dthrow fair helps alot but is barely even needed imo

I have alot of experience with peach, just ask if you need anymore help.

otg

Smash Master
Vanz ***** sooo hard.. haha its all about keeping her away she's sorta sluggish, never chill around her shield or your going to get naired, and just full hop dair around alot, jabs hurt her and you should always wavedash in for an approach (personally me, I tend to jab > dsmash a peach much more than most other characters) and just get her tangled up in jab mixups and dthrow bair/uairs

and always cape turnips, even reverse cape because most peaches think they can beat it (not always the case)

dthrow fair helps alot but is barely even needed imo

I have alot of experience with peach, just ask if you need anymore help.
He suggested that I camp pills alot, lots of bairs and use Dair to chip at her shield/avoid shiel grabs. I dunno, I was just getting stuck in my shield alot and I have literaly like 0 peach practice, first time I've faced a good one since Jfox like 6 or 7 months ago. I also really despise camping in general, so I'm not sure I would be willing to do it in friendlies at all. lol at the end of the day my Marth did better, maybe I should just not use Doc for that matchup.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
havent posted in here forever GET ***** NUKKAAAA!!!!

i just realized most docs are black (not trying to be racist)

anyways.

what are you suppose to do against Marth? pill pill pill + grab uairs kobe?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
friendlies dont matter/count

99% of players are goin all out in friendlies
See that's the odd thing about smash.

I personally try to literally learn stuff when I play friendlies most of the time, so I dont really go out of my way to chaingrab somebody to death (unless it's on specific stages, or specific setups), try different edgeguards and setups, etc etc.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
It's a subconscious thing. Even if I "try", knowing it doesn't mean anything subconsciously makes me act differently.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
trying new trix is definitely the way to go for friendlies

and taking the time to notice things that may work in a certain matchup, player behaviors, etc

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
LOL at N64 letter to us Doc mains!
Ah man, wait till you see some of the team vids. Some of the most hilarious stuff ever. Dont have a clue how doc/pika somewhat worked, but it was comical.

I hope I get to team with N64 again before he leaves, now that I have a better idea of how he operates. Playin with a pika is like playing with a jiggs; just get s**t off the stage and let them go to work.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dear docs,

Sincerely yours,
N64

P.S. Good stuff Dogy on 2nd, you were ownings peeps. Wish we coulda taken a set off chops/pbnj in teams, we definately had it in us.

P.P.S. yeah you did pretty well against me in brackets alby. Good stuff, keep it up.
Get out of my sight, low tier cretin.

<3 Nsexty4

N64

Smash Champion
Dogy we had a few matches where it was just like "lets fight seperate opponents, Ooo lets come together and then...kill eachother. oops. next stock!" for the first half till we figured out what we were doing. Was pretty fun though.

<3 doc boards, they're so lively.

Also <3 KirbyKaze. You're my favorite everything-main.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can def agree with that. But I find camping boring, so why would I do it if $$ wasn't on the line? This aint brawl mofo.
Do it to learn how to do it properly. Seriously, GOOD camping in Melee isn't that easy. Takes practice to learn how to laser a jiggz for 7:41. :D:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Soooooo

Strong Bad is afraid to come to SuperCon.

I understand. CO is too good at Melee.

>_> I can see that with Fox, but with Falco?!

Smooth Criminal
I used Fox. Falco's tight and all, but if you're going to play gay....

you've been hit by, you been struck by a smooth criminal

i really wanted to do that for some reason
I used to look up to you, man.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Soooooo

Strong Bad is afraid to come to SuperCon.

I understand. CO is too good at Melee.
lol wtf
im going out of town until saturday (against my will)
otherwise i'd have traveled w/ fino
maybe next time

i also like how u post this in the doc thread
lmao

EDIT: i watched GF set 1. i think ur edgeguarding could be better vs. falco (you try to cape him sometimes when he's going straight up) & you use fair randomly which i don't really get. lol. you could work on your movement a bit (use platforms vs. falco, it helps against laser spam) but i love your doc :D

Shroomed

Smash Master
Dogy, Game 2...around the seven minute mark...

You had Chops at over 180 percent...why did you u-throw him?

Smooth Criminal
this, why not dthrow to nair or upair or sumthin?

Deff, if you wanna win pound 4 u'll have to beat me

i'm probably gonna go

and im goin to tourneyplay

and what's supercon?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
record vids against the ppl at supercon
Recording is easy. I have like... 10 hours of footage of my Doc.

Getting stuff online is the hard part.

Maybe I should just mail Shroomed my tapes and like... a box of cookies or something.

this, why not dthrow to nair or upair or sumthin?

Deff, if you wanna win pound 4 u'll have to beat me

i'm probably gonna go

and im goin to tourneyplay

and what's supercon?
SuperCon is a CO tournament this weekend. Brawl has a $500 bonus to the pot. Melee would have had a bonus, but everyone in Cali is scared of LoVo for some reason. So yeah, all our Melee tournament is going to be is Colorado dominating whatever random OoSers show.

EDIT: Well, it's not just a tournament. It's a 3 day video game convention. Guest speakers, panels, all that bs. It's supposed to focus on the competitive aspect of gaming. That's why we have players from France/Singapore/etc coming here for Soul Cal 4 Nationals and some other tournament. I dunno. It's big, but it seems like putting up an advertisement on SWF is the biggest waste of money ever.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dogy, Game 2...around the seven minute mark...

You had Chops at over 180 percent...why did you u-throw him?

Smooth Criminal
well lets see, the average person would realize IT WAS A **** MISTAKE -SLAP-

but really, i didnt think I was actually going to grab him, so when I did my first instinct was to just throw him up. Autopiloting. XD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if they're at that %
have your autopilot pummel them first until you realize what you gotta do.

cmon man you're using Doctor Mario, you can't autopilot with ANYTHING haha. only Fox/Falcon can put a nairplane on autopilot with any success.

Top Bottom