• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So, I just finished watching some combo vids. Ironically, they all either were or featured a capfal.

It'd be so hilarious if doc could do n.air -> moveset. I did get some ideas though, might be hilarious.

n64 is coming over 2morrow (read: today) and wants to record, so that's gunna be hilarious as hell too. Im gunna do the "sick mcnasty" ..... or... or ima die trying!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

Link tips:
1) Dont try to come in from high above him, he's got an u.air. If he wants to come down with a d.air, you move the f**k out of the way. You cant beat either one of them. Period.
Incorrect, sir. Usmash can beat dair, if timed properly. You only have 2 frames to work with, tho. Much easier with Peach's usmash.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE INVINCIBILITY FRAMES!

Gea

Smash Master
Eh, I think he meant more like in the air. On the ground you can shield to ****, or walk away to walk back to ****, etc.

Edit: Or lightshield and angle it up. MMM missed L cancel.

But its a hard habit not to try and continue air pressure and then the link is just like LOBOTOMY and you can't do ****.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Says the Brawl player.

Besides, I'm not talking about sitting on a lead or anything (That's hard as **** in Smash), I meant dash away, let Link hit the ground, dash back and grab.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Super SMASH brothers. It's a fighting game not a "Run away until time runs out" game
its sad, too. Cause if the clock wasnt retardedly high in smash, some characters would actually be a little more playable (i.e. samus)

Says the Brawl player.
-slap-

No. Bad vulcan. ^_^

____

So I got some good news and some bad news. And any help I could get with the bad news would be kool.

The good news, I recorded some matches with n64 today. T'was fun.

The bad news, my capture card hates me. My Cpu recognizes it, and i know my vcr(s) work, but my capture card wont display video. Therefore, I cant upload, and nobody will ever know what happened besides me and n64. (Which is kinda sad, cause I got merkinated a few times). So if anybody has any ideas as to what the **** is happening, that would be smooth

-glares at HMW, Shroomed, 18s, and Desh- (I think you're the only guys who do/did a mass amount of uploading)

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I would definitely help, but i have a gamebridge

real quick does anyone know what to do when audio input isn't working in general?

oh, and I hope you do get those matches up. love watching doc matches, haha.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Why counter attack when you can just run away?
Why run away when you can break a ****ing sword with your head? Seriously, try it. You feel so good. Plus, you get a free combo cuz he's in CH state.

ohwait

But umm... sitting on a lead is only hard vs spacies/Sheik/a REALLY good Marth (loltoptier). Just pick Fox, laser, and run away. People don't seem to realize how easily you can shut down almost the entire roster with just this strategy. I beat Mang0's puff once doing it, real talk.

Okay, maybe not, but still, it's REALLY easy to win just doin' that. Back when I played Fox I could hit 7:30+ pretty easily when I needed to. It's just boring.

Unless it's a Peach or TheBOSS. **** is too funny then.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Metagame right now is basically

Fox usage rise
Sheik usage rise slightly
Marth usage decline (mostly dropping for Fox or using him as secondary for Sheik, etc.)
Falco usage about the same (some drop for Fox or secondary Fox for Peach, Puff, etc.)
Jigglypuff usage about the same
Peach usage decline slightly
Falcon usage about the same

And then everyone else is either the same as ever or declining.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Weird. Why did Sheik surface again? I mean, I KNOW she's great, but most other people seem to have forgotten.

Peach will continue to decline as long as Fox has steam going. It's no fun being camped. D:

Why did Marth decline? All the little m2k wannabes get disheartened because he hasn't beaten MaNg0 in a while?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Why run away when you can break a ****ing sword with your head? Seriously, try it. You feel so good. Plus, you get a free combo cuz he's in CH state.

ohwait

But umm... sitting on a lead is only hard vs spacies/Sheik/a REALLY good Marth (loltoptier). Just pick Fox, laser, and run away. People don't seem to realize how easily you can shut down almost the entire roster with just this strategy. I beat Mang0's puff once doing it, real talk.

Okay, maybe not, but still, it's REALLY easy to win just doin' that. Back when I played Fox I could hit 7:30+ pretty easily when I needed to. It's just boring.

Unless it's a Peach or TheBOSS. **** is too funny then.
Yes just go to YS and fight Jiggly and laser till 35% and upsmash and a winner you are

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
shroomed i ****in' h8 u

takin' out darkrain & cactus... </3
<3

Desh

Smash Ace
Hai, names desh, long time lurker.

Uhh, dogy, the vid wont be displayed on your comp right?
Might be cable? :S
Like there might be damage to whatever cable displays the video.
I cant really think of any reason for it to not display aside from that.

I really need to post more.
>_>

But yeah. I do my recording with a gamebridge.
Is there software that came with the capture card? Maybe its something to do with that. But yeah. =/
I'm pretty dam useless. >_>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
LOL, Dogy.
You don't know anything about Melee.
Haha
ohh
phew
yeah, that made me laugh pretty hard.

I started to look who it was, then I remembered it was somebody from NC that wasnt lozr or pp, so I lost interest at that point.

I dunno, I've gotten alot of haters lately. It's kinda weird. It works out, cause all it does it put my name in people's mouths. But eh, I never wanted it like that.

But that's what happens when you dont just roll over and go with the masses. -shrug-

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Keep playing.

;3

So lets talk about the Shbawd? I can do it easily with the z button, since its closest, but then sometimes I screw up because of the jump cancel, lol, although at times it could be good, randomly. :] (random grab haha)

Of course, once I get a job and such, I'll try to get as much smash scene exp I can, cuz I WANT IT. lol

Top Bottom