• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Keep playing.

;3

So lets talk about the Shbawd? I can do it easily with the z button, since its closest, but then sometimes I screw up because of the jump cancel, lol, although at times it could be good, randomly. :] (random grab haha)

Of course, once I get a job and such, I'll try to get as much smash scene exp I can, cuz I WANT IT. lol
It's like Bair in your face to rAnDoM GraB, whoa wtf mindgaaaaammmes owned!.

Do you shffl using z too?

I might consider a switch if it seems practical enough.

Shroomed

Smash Master
bob$ quit doc

he's a marth main now

i got ***** by darc cuz i didnt know he played fox
i CP'd rainbow cruise on his jiggs, and this fox appeared outta nowhere

then i had to play falcomist and lost, go figure

too many west coast and east coast playing each other

i woulda preferred to lose to someone i never met before

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Did Bob$ use Doc at all? If not Shroomed was our highest placing representative at 65th... goo.. Doc? Maybe since like 50 people placed in the top 10 with Jiggs we'll see some new Doc representation.
dude -laughs-

bob$ dropped doc looooooong ago for marth. Like, before bob$ quit for a while.

Shroomed

Smash Master
this tournament made me realize why i suck

but i did pretty good in teams

beat armada and his brother
darkrain+cactuar (they got us bak tho)

6th place isnt all that cool tho, it's right under money wtf is that

i didnt know darc played fox, so i picked rainbow cruise and get beasted =(

anyone know where darc is from and who he is? lol

Shroomed

Smash Master
i dont CP my own stages unless it's completely obvious

there's 1 person that ALWAYS picks my CP unless it's clear cut where i should go

but yea, assuming everyone plays fox seems like a good idea

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
doc vs. jiggs on Cruise is okay. i mean jiggs can do stupid spacing stuff but so can Doc, and it is heavily dependent on playstyle.
i wouldn't cp anyone to Cruise if I was doc, though. o.o

as always CPing is up to the player and if Shroomed thought that Cruise would be good to counteract why he lost the last game, then good stuff just don't get fox'd.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wouldnt "assume everybody plays fox" as much as I would "assume everybody has an answer for "this situation" "

i.e., im not going to assume every IC player plays fox, but I'm going to assume they have SOME reasonable response to me taking them to cruise.

___

@SB: see, that's why I'm perplexed at the whole thing. No matter how I think about it, I cant think of what would cause a loss in doc vs jiggs that makes RC (or floats) sound like a good idea. (No offense, shroomed)

Because that CP tells me "Ok, I lost because I got annhilated by a ground game."

. . . . yeah, yeah. >.>

____

-Another lol of the "Dogy Blogy" (Why am I doing this? XD)

In other news, chops moved to ga. After a half-a-day of bulls**t, I wound up going to a smashfest that he was at (him, sleepyk, fullmetal, merc, dashdancedan, pb&j, toasty, desu, pervatasaurus).

That stuff. -Shakes head-

But na, chops actually showed me some things about how to deal with lasers. In a nutshell, he really told me what I already knew (and he basically confirmed that "the Azen strat" did and sitll does work), but he let me see how much time (read: how little room) I actually need to move out after blocking/taking the hit from lasers. It's alot smaller than I (and I think most people) realize.

-yada yada, there's more stuff I could add about it, but I'm feeling kinda lazy.

I will say that I'm officially sick of the "staircase of lasers" (If you have no clue what that is, watch some chops vids. It's f**king hilarious.)

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I used Doc vs all the peaches I played and did well vs Jman with Doc in brackets.
It was fun.
I need Peach tips. Like, I usually throw a lot of pills, but idk really what to do beyond that. I read before that spaced fair is good but thats about it. Defensively, I know that recovering as high as possible is probably the best option, but she can still edgeguard Doc pretty soundly, correct?

Razor

Smash Journeyman
so is it true that cap, peach, puff, and ic's counter doc??? cuz that's like the entire high tier...

doesn't doc do really well against ic's? i hear that's a **** matchup in favor of doc.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
so is it true that cap, peach, puff, and ic's counter doc??? cuz that's like the entire high tier...

doesn't doc do really well against ic's? i hear that's a **** matchup in favor of doc.
well i know falcon is

but jiggs isnt

mango says doc is mad gay like pill pill pill grab kobe dead switch to flaco

something like that

dont know about the rest

Shroomed

Smash Master
chop's lasers.....

those lasers have some heat seekin abilities or sumthin

99% OF LASERS WILL HIT YOU WHEN U R PLAYING LAMBCHOPS

STAIRCASE OF LASERS IS GAY

otg

Smash Master

Doc v. Cap is 40/60 Falcon
Doc v. Jiggs is 60/40 Doc
Doc v. Peach is 45/55 Peach
Doc vs. Icies is 60/40 Doc

Quite the opposite good sir.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

You heard so **** wrong it's not even funny.

I almost get shot for saying Doc Capfal is 4-6. Everybody around here refuses to let me say it's anything above even. Every other doc says that it's "not bad" (which means is 4-6 anyway)

Doc/Peach is even.
Doc/Puff is, at the least, even. (I tend to think Doc has advantage on puff)
Doc/ICs is Doc advantage.

well i know falcon is

but jiggs isnt

mango says doc is mad gay like pill pill pill grab kobe dead switch to flaco

something like that

dont know about the rest
*points up*
And switch to falco. -laughs-

Chops says f**k no to that. XD
chop's lasers.....

those lasers have some heat seekin abilities or sumthin

99% OF LASERS WILL HIT YOU WHEN U R PLAYING LAMBCHOPS

STAIRCASE OF LASERS IS GAY
Staircase of lasers is soooooo **** funny. I remember when he first coined that term at TGMTSBCO and I saw Kage trip down that staircase. I was like "That **** is so dumb!"

I wish doc could do it, or something remotely close to it. I came up with something like it a while ago, but it only really works on slow/low recoveries (read: characters who not top/high tier XD)

And even then, it's not good.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I need Peach tips. Like, I usually throw a lot of pills, but idk really what to do beyond that. I read before that spaced fair is good but thats about it. Defensively, I know that recovering as high as possible is probably the best option, but she can still edgeguard Doc pretty soundly, correct?
Well, remember that she's light. Dthrow to fair is good stuff.

Nair is okay for spacing, but don't do it predictably, or you're gonna get FC comboed by a legit Peach.

Bair is your go-to spacing tool. Use it to stop her approaches, her turnips, her recovery, pretty much everything. Just don't get predictable, or a good one will usmash>whatever you.

But seriously, bair is annoying as peach, esp when combined with pills.

Most Peach players won't know how to fight you, so that's another nice thing for you. :D!

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I still think Capfal is Doc's hardest match-up.
It's even the one I have the most experience with.
I've been able to hold my own against decent Sheiks and Marths.
I still think Marth is even on certain stages.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I still think Capfal is Doc's hardest match-up.
It's even the one I have the most experience with.
I've been able to hold my own against decent Sheiks and Marths.
I still think Marth is even on certain stages.
Well yeah, more priority, speed, nair eats pills, raptor boost, less ****ty recovery, waay better spacing CF is doc's worst matchup nightmare.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
More priority on what? It's a known fact that capfal doesnt have alot of priority on alot of his stuff.

Nair eats through pills. Translation: Space pills better (or even better, bait poorly spaced nairs)

Raptor boost - a move with an activation hitbox. *Points back to first point*

Recovery? Sure, but that's not really a noteworthy factor since Doc literally isnt Roy.

__

As much as people (read: me) gripe about it, it's really not THAT bad.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't watched the HMW vs Lambchops friendlies on youtube yet, I suggest you all do that. HMW does stuff that I've BEEN thinking about and doing for a while now, and reconfirms to me that I really don't think spacies are that bad for Doc. Like my feelings on spacies are if they're off the stage, they shouldn't make it back. Cape, bair, ftilt, dash attacking the ledge all accomplish this very easily imo. It's really all about, as it's been stated before about Doc, doing the right thing CONSISTENTLY. Once that ish (edgeguarding) starts happening consistently, I really feel like people will start to recognize about Doc. That, and when you grab a FFer, they should lose a stock.

Edit: I recommend Shroomed vs Lambchops friendlies 2 as well.

otg

Smash Master
Chops killed himself so much though :/

I guess if Falco kills himself a bunch, the matchup is close...
lmao. Truth

Guys, as much as I hate to break it to y'all who think those friendlies actually mean something, they are FRIENDLIES. Check out Lambchops vs. Smac, and you'll see how gay it can be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSqqvq57vtc

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't talking about the winning or losing. I was talking about the precision when given the opportunity (getting a grab/ getting them off the stage), but I digress.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
NAME SEARCH ****!

hmm.. next month there are a ton of melee tournaments going on in tri-state, i need to be more active and keep repping doc

I honestly thought that after genesis, melee tournaments would be far fewer but this is isn't the case apparently lol

Top Bottom