• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Gardevior

Smash Lord
You should play SC2. It's good.

And more or less what Omni said. We all play different games and stuff. It won't just be Brawl.
I don't even want to try StarCraft because it just doesn't interest me. From what I understand, it's a real time strategy game where you build up your resources, then build stuff to kill the other guy, right?

vZakat

Half Genie
its more like competitive gaming interest. they'll play WoW, SCII, and probably various fighters shady has like BlazBlue, MvC2, etc.
Blazblue sucks. You should play guilty gear.

And on topic, I'm guessing there aren't going to be any NCSU torney's over the summer?

Jon?

Smash Champion
I don't even want to try StarCraft because it just doesn't interest me. From what I understand, it's a real time strategy game where you build up your resources, then build stuff to kill the other guy, right?
It takes a greater level of strategic skill. Probably the same as MTG.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
It takes a greater level of strategic skill. Probably the same as MTG.
THey're different. Starcraft is more about in-game evaluation, and M:tG has a lot more to do with metagame evaluation outside of the game.

Just because of that I'd probably call Starcraft harder. You have time to think and prepare for Magic.

EDIT: In Magic's defense, the optimal answers are never as clear cut, and take a whole lot more thought than Starcraft answers, so, yeah. They're both good games lol.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Sushi why dont you come stay at my house for a weekend. you can help me with the mk ditto, and we can watch C.E.O or MLG Columbus on livestream.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Stingers, I just asked my mom and she is willing to drive to hickory this Saturday. You cool with that dawg? Sorry Keith, Stingers has the entire season of Lost that I want to see.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sushi, see if you can bring someone else so we can have a party.

and bring spare gamecube controllers please =)

and keith you should come too

and sushi bring cod

and if you only have the 360 version bring your 360

and controllers

thanks

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
mannnn i got lost also!!! y'all, lets all go to ksk's house. he has a mansion with a home theater that we can watch C.E.O on.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I guess I can bring either kack or kadaj since both of them live in Charlotte. But I think Kack has school and I don't know where exactly kadaj lives. And I have the 360 version of cod but I have only one controller :(

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
umm... shouldn't this be going on in the Brocater thread? I would think that you guys would talk about when the next Biweekly would be instead of this.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Pool 24:

1st Lee Martin
2nd LLOD
3rd Pride
Eliminated: Stelzig, Whats the point?, MIB

Pool 25:

1st Kadaj
2nd Lain
3rd Final Fantasy XIV

Pool 26:

1st NEO
2nd D1
3rd Crash
Eliminated: Fishy, Sassy, -AIB-

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Lol that format sucks.

Zen/wwk is all aggressive two drops with evasion, RoE is all sinking mana into things and getting out Eldrazi. I would draft RRR though, that format is the best they've had in years.

Top Bottom