• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So...I put my cell phone through the washer like an idiot, so its out of commission. If you guys need to get a hold of me for some reason, a pm or a message on facebook should get my attention.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
All right so here is Houston's car list and schedule this far.

My car, TSC, Kalo, Mojo, and me. Those 3 are going to need a place to stay Friday and Saturday night.

Pawls car, his gf and him. They'll need a place to stay Saturday night.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
All right so here is Houston's car list and schedule this far.

My car, TSC, Kalo, Mojo, and me. Those 3 are going to need a place to stay Friday and Saturday night.

Pawls car, his gf and him. They'll need a place to stay Saturday night.
I assume Emily has got you guys covered?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
SMASHFEST ALERT: My place, Friday night

Time: After 6PM
I have work and ****, don't come during the day.

Call me: 817-901-823zero

Houston will be at my place so bring your A game and prepare for some pwnage.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
You live above a jimmy johns

SO JELLY

:phone:
I had Jimmy Johns for like every meal for a week. I seriously inhale that ****. SO GOOD.

To people who are driving - DO NOT TAKE 114 TO GET TO THE VENUE. I don't give a **** if your GPS tells you to or if it's 3am. This highway is under construction, esp in the evening and the traffic will **** YOU UP. Just don't do it.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey DFW, I think we did a pretty good job repping our city this weekend. As you all are now well aware, Houston likes to talk a lot of ****, and we really just can't let that slide. We may not have any power hitters besides Sethlon just yet, but seriously (I know I say this like all the time, but it's true) I see soooooo much freaking potential and a ton of improvement. I dunno about you, but this tourney had so much good competition, I just want to play, get better, and **** the **** out of the whole Syba, Luci, Oscar, and Kalo gang. I highly encourage all of you to stay active and KEEP PLAYING.

Every time I play Smash, I will post in our brand new DFW Smash Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/350398944989752/ Please join!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Smash Facebook groups are so useful. I'm glad you guys finally got one. Except now I won't be able to lurk the scene anymore :(.

Edit: Nvm It's a public group. Let the stalking commence!
lol, now I need to make the fb group private, gotta keep our DFW secrets!! But real talk, I didn't know you lurked our scene....I didn't know we even had much worth lurking tbh ><

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Everyone lurks the other scenes lol also she just has more time than most of us so she keeps up with most of the other scenes too...even those brawlfaggets.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'm a mirelurk ><

I'm trying to get some more tournaments organized with some of the brawl TOs. The next series is going to be called Gee Gee Gee Gee Melee Melee Melee :D

:secretkpop:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lol Asians

TYS6 links are up on the front page, in case any of you guys are interested in joining me and Emily on the adventure!

Also, I was thinking February 5th for my next smashfest. Gives enough time for you guys to plan for it, and Sung will still be in town so we can perhaps get some more games in with him. Capiche? Edit: Or would Saturday (Feb 4th) work better for you guys?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Heya, I'm going out of town today and won't be back til feb 5th, but i dunno if I'd be able to make a sunday fest either. Just giving you a heads up.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm not sure what carpools are looking like atm. Me Emily and Jesse (or do you prefer Tyranny?) are for sure going but aren't sure on transportation, and last I heard Brian and his friend are interested. I had hoped Brian would give us an update, but I guess I'll have to hunt him down for that...I'll try to see if he's made a decision and get back to you.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Austin tournament added to title and front page.

So, I didn't actually realize that this sunday is Superbowl sunday. Dunno if you guys are going to be doing stuff for it, but I'll be holding a smashfest on Sunday regardless.

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
I'll see if anyone up here is interested in heading down there for some games Sunday, but it's not very likely.

On the other hand, I'll definitely be at TYS since most of the melty crew up here is gonna be driving down for the melty tourney. Kinda funny that the first melee tourney I'll actually be attending for months now is like a 5 hour drive away. Anyway, see you all there.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Smashfest tomorrow! I have a new phone now, so if you guys need to contact me for whatever, feel free to call/text.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest should be on Friday. :)
Scumbag smasher: requests a day for a smashfest. DOESN'T COME.

Smashfest tomorrow! I have a new phone now, so if you guys need to contact me for whatever, feel free to call/text.
I'll be there in the afternoon. I see you have a new phone now, I'll text you when I'm on my way. I was out of town for a meditation camp, and I basically thought about two things: my guy and smash. I'm ready to play!

I'll see if anyone up here is interested in heading down there for some games Sunday, but it's not very likely.

On the other hand, I'll definitely be at TYS since most of the melty crew up here is gonna be driving down for the melty tourney. Kinda funny that the first melee tourney I'll actually be attending for months now is like a 5 hour drive away. Anyway, see you all there.
Yo denthorn, I think I'll be making it up to denton for smash now. Not fair to expect you to drive to dallas/plano each time! Whats your availability?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Ok ok, tys attendees: so far it's Sethlon, Problem and myself, possibly hitching a ride with Sethlon's friend. Anyone else interested??

Also, Smash going on in Denton tonight. Text me if you're interested: 817-901-8230

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Not really sure - depends on who is driving. Ideally, Sethlon's friend is able to drive (not sure how many he can take). But otherwise, Sethlon and Problem (I think?) don't have vehicles and I drive a toy car. So any other people who want to go, esp those who are willing to drive should speak up

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
TYS Houston update: Looks like we have four from DFW coming - Sethlon Problem and me in one car and Denthorn (plus pals playing Melty Blood) in another car. Our car will be departing on Saturday morning, staying the night at Oscar's, and coming back early Sunday morning. If anyone else is interested, we may have one spot available!

Top Bottom