• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional Influence - Episode 55 - The Final Episode

MetaKnight isn't such a big problem. Counter pick stages + MetaKnight are such a big problem. All the next best characters (Snake, Falco, Ice Climbers, + a few others) get horribly gimped on counterpick stages. They're fine vs MetaKnight on fair stages

Everyone there completely missed the point where Metaknight has two sketchy rules keeping him in place, but w/e.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I think that Meta Knight should be banned from counter with some stages, at least against some matchups. Look how many stages are banned or are constantly debated as to whether are not they should be banned just because of Meta Knight. Meta Knight makes Rainbow Cruise lame (as a Toon Link main, I use that for my counter stage). If we outright ban stages, it hurts some characters' counters. If we only ban some counters with Meta Knight, it won't hurt them.

Yeah, I think that Meta Knight should be banned from counter with some stages, at least against some matchups. Look how many stages are banned or are constantly debated as to whether are not they should be banned just because of Meta Knight. Meta Knight makes Rainbow Cruise lame (as a Toon Link main, I use that for my counter stage). If we outright ban stages, it hurts some characters' counters. If we only ban some counters with Meta Knight, it won't hurt them.
So you're saying we should ban some specific character + counter pick stage comboes? Now the rules are getting complicated. We already have stuff like ledge grab limits. I've seen a rule for lgl's where MK gets 35, multi air jumpers get 40, everyone else gets 50. Look at us come up with so many rules to attempt to balance the game

The main reason mentioned for banning stages may be MetaKnight, but there are other reasons why those stages are unfit for competitive play (promotes camping, too heavily limit's a character's movement/playability/etc)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I appreciate the kinds words Rapture/Keitaro/everyone!

Keep doing what your doing <3 DI.

MK is stupid but I have no real stance on the debate anymore whatever is best for the community.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Thanks AZ, it's not a problem, and we're happy to still be doing the show. And MK is stupid, I agree. xD

On next week's episode, we've got a ton of stuff to talk about, including the 3DS price drop and the 3DS itself. What does this mean for the future of portable Smash, or the Smash series in general? Stay tuned!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 43 - Like A Hot Knife Through Butter (8/2/2011)
Listen in!
One of the greatest weekends in competitive gaming in the past and there's so much to talk about. Tune in to this episode of DI, featuring the original cast of the show (that's right, Matt aka Punishment Divine is back), for discussion on the 3DS price drop, Operation Moonfall, Long Island Revival Regional, EVO 2011 and all the recent ruleset hype in the Smash community.

The 2v2's commentary you did. It was livestream commentary and not youtube recorded, right?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Oh, it's on Chibo's channel, my voice ended up being echoed weird and I was too hyped to provide 100% awesome commentary 100% of the time. Watch Teevee/Blacka vs M2K/Anti specifically.

@Twinkie: The world may never know.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
I checked this podcast out finally for the first time. Very well put together. You guys have a new fan! ^__^

And EVO really did inspire me to really start uplifting the Smash community. It was too hype. We can definitely get to that level if we all have enough drive

Keep it up guys.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
@Joft: Thanks! We appreciate every and all fans, glad to have you listening!

Oh, and new episode!
Episode 44 - On Fire (8/9/2011)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Rapture is stressed. The cast talks about this past weekend, followed by interviews with Alex Strife of Apex 2012 for a quick tease on the upcoming worldwide Smash event, then with Doom of 100% Juice to talk about his blog series, "The Road to Professionalism."

Also also, follow me on twitter for DI updates!
@vVvRapture

Uniting Melee and Brawl sounds so good. But's it's so not possible. Has anyone looked at the Melee general discussion. So many obligatory brawl hate posts even when Brawl is nowhere mentioned

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 45 - I Can't Drive At All (8/16/2011)
Listen in!
While PD was unable to make Keitaro's epic finale to the KTAR series, aptly named KTAR 6: The Finale, Will and Rapture survived the crazy weekend out in New Jersey and lived to tell the tale. Listen in to this week's episode for discussion on all things KTAR 6, including results, carpools, shenanigans and more. This week's special guest is Delta-Cod, resident Yoshi main and placed top 10 at this past weekend's event.

My Little Pony blanket is so good ^.^

I really like the idea of a hype set manager. I always have 2 recording setups, so if VGBC and I would team up, we can get all the big games recorded and have lines move at 3x the speed. Tournaments would flow so well

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 46 - The Play-By-Play (8/23/2011)
Listen in!
For our 46th episode Will and PD do it alone while Rapture settles in and becomes an adult at college! Joined by Coney, one of the best DDD's and a mic persona, we talk about Commentary in the Smash community and ways to not only improve it but how to reach out to outsiders and "stream monsters" to show them how amazing the community can be. Mentioning a few upcoming tournaments, we also talk about a new ruleset employed at an upcoming tournament that is very controversial. Don't miss out on the opportunity to tell PD how shoddy his editing techniques are compared to Rapture's!

+1 vote for new rulesets

1 benefit about the 1 stock idea is now we can finally record replays. Imagine all the cool stuff that doesn't happen on recording setups (Junebug vs Mew2King). Having 1 stock games would keep the game more interesting. The same thing won't drag out for up to 8 minutes all the time. People will have breaks 3x as often and scenarios can change 3x as often. 1 life might encourage more suicide kills, the ones where your opponent dies first. That stuff looks good in combo videos, but when every combo that kills in a combo video has "GAME" in it, it'd be a pretty annoying thing to see

I so wish I could go to Xanadu. I'll be moving into college that Saturday, which is like 250 miles south of there

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Just finished editing an interview with this episode's special guest.

Oh shi-

Top Bottom