• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional Influence - Episode 55 - The Final Episode

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
@ AZ- It was a pleasure. We'd love to have you again!

@Espy - Thanks!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 16: Without a Crew and a Paddle (January 21st, 2011)
Listen in!
On this episode of Directional Influence, Rapture chills with D Disciple and Nakat to talk about whatever the hell we want! We discuss news about a rumored Nintendo vs Capcom game, egos in competitive Smash, then have a full interview with Nakat himself. Get the lowdown on the latest from DI by listening in! We've got cookies, too. Not really, though.

Music provided by Stemage. Visit them at www.metroidmetal.com

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Haha yep, Nakat. Thanks for the support everyone. Got a good amount of views so far.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I just wanted to quickly posted before the release of tomorrow's show. I want to thank everyone that has been listening thus far. We've already managed over one thousand hits on some episodes and each one has accumulated at least several hundred since they've been released. So at least someone is listening. :)

Anyway, tonight's show is going to be laid back with a tournament experience and some humor thrown in, definitely an episode worth just relaxing to and chilling.

We'll be releasing that episode, number 17, this afternoon, so stay tuned!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 17: There's Not Much To Say, Trust Us (January 28th, 2011)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Will and Rapture give another tournament report on the first of the Long Island bi-weeklies, as well as discuss essentially random things, including Rapture's cat and its obsession with...uh...yeah, you're just gonna have to listen in for that.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Everyone hit it up! And definitely tune in for next week's show! It may be our best one yet!

Actually, it definitely will be. But listen to this week's episode first. xD

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
By the by, expect a...well, I guess expect a revolutionized DI for this coming week, as in next episode.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
New episode is up! Check it out and leave us feedback!

Episode 18: Live and Reloaded (February 4th, 2011)
Listen in!
Directional Influence is back and revolutionized! This week, we introduce new segments: The Tournament Report, which gives you the latest in tournament results around the country, as well as upcoming ones; Da News, the latest news in gaming, especially on the competitive side; Player of the Week, where we discuss who the best of last weekend's tournaments is; and finally, The Spotlight, our roundtable discussion segment full of interviews, discussions and tournament experiences. Listen in for one hell of a ride!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah apparently Podbean is down for a bit. Keep checking back, everything should be back up and running very shortly. My apologies in advance.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Update!

Episode 19: Show Me Your DI (February 11th, 2011)
Listen in!

This week on Directional Influence, Rapture pulls out all the stops on The Rundown, giving a short notice about Pound 5, as well as a review of the official Project M demo. Then, Rapture is joined on The Spotlight by Youko of Show Me Your News, where they go down the origins, history, highs, and lows of the veteran podcaster and his gaming show. Also, a special shoutout goes to Esca, who we are all keeping in our thoughts and prayers and are hoping for a speedy recovery. We apologize that we did not end up covering it in the show.

You can check out the Project M demo here:
Project M Demo Download

You can check out Show Me Your News here:
Show Me Your News Homepage

You can check out Stemage here:
Stemage's "Metroid Metal" Homepage

ALSO, BIG ANNOUNCEMENT. DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE WILL NOW BE RELEASING EPISODES ON TUESDAYS, NOT FRIDAYS, SO PLEASE STAY TUNED.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hey, question for all of you:

Anyone in particular you'd like to see in a future episode?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 20: They Think We're Crazy (February 15th, 2011)
Listen in!
Episode 20 of Directional Influence features the brand new song from Neo titled, "P5in' It", the anthem for the upcoming Pound 5 event in Arlington, VA. After that, the crew sits down with JCaesar, Shadic and SMK of Project:M to talk about the P:M demo and what's new for the team. Due to such a long recording time, the rest of the show features outtakes from what would have normally not made it into the final cut, including appearances by JoWii, vVv Cheese and Alex Strife. Music provided by Neo and Stemage.

You can check out Neo and P5in' It here:
"P5in' It" by Neo

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 21 - The Crew Got Pounded (February 22nd, 2011)
Listen in!
Pound 5 has surpassed us. It has come and gone. Will and PD went and we are sure they are as sleep deprived as anyone could be, so this week Rapture is joined by Nakat to talk about the finale to the Pound series. We cover the entirety of the event and discuss all the highs and lows of it. Unfortunately, we did not cover too much of Melee, but, do not be disappointed! Next week, we will have a very special guest to discuss the Melee competition at Pound 5 extensively and he goes by the name of Hungrybox.

You can check out Neo and P5in' It here:
"P5in' It" by Neo

NEXT WEEK'S GUEST: HUNGRYBOX

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
I listened to Losers bracket so when this popped up I was more than happy to listen to it. I enjoyed it, keep it up.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Why does this thread only have 5 (6?) pages? It's soo good I love listening to you guys talk. If there's anything I can do to support let me know.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hmmm, idk, a lot of people just like to listen, we aren't really heavy on the commenting, which sucks but I understand a lot of people just download and go to listen whenever they can. It'd be nice to have more comments, but whatever works for people is whatever works for people, I guess. Also, thanks for the support, it does really get appreciated. If anything, spread the word, get people to listen and send us feedback, that's what we love and want the most. :)

Also, I may be doing a Let's Play series...not sure yet, but if anyone would watch that, let me know.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 22 FEATURING HUNGRYBOX!

Episode 22 - Of Mice and Matchups (March 1st, 2011)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Matt and Dakota are joined by Hungrybox to discuss his point of view on the last Pound melee competition. He gives us an in-depth look at his ride to his third place finishes, as well as his experiences there and what he's looking forward to in the future. Then, the DI crew discuss the BBR's first official Brawl Matchups Chart before clearing things up about last week's Pound-related drama, followed by a somewhat in-depth discussion about bowel movements, Taco Bell and...well, you should have an idea of the rest.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Episode 23 - The Aftermath (March 8th, 2011)
Listen in!
This week on Directional Influence, Will and Rapture discuss the latest New England tournament, TAER 5. Then Rich Brown stops by to give us an outlook for 2011 and what this season holds with a lack of MLG unlike in 2010. Then, Alex Strife hops on to discuss the Plank fiasco following Pound 5. Listen in for the latest news in Smash and all of that Rapture goodness.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Glad to have been in this first video. ^^

You guys should commentate french Brawl matches too (Leon, Glutonny, etc.). They have someone who records all the tournament videos in France in HD, and it's usually some pretty amazing matches.

--> http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashTournoi

I suggest you contact Yami/Yamahou (the recorder), he can surely provide you with videos and help you out. =)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah everyone check that out and King Funk, that's a great idea, thanks for letting us know.

Almost 4,000 hits on this thread, that's also hype. :)

Top Bottom