• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I play on Shibby2142's server. I like it because it has random crits off, although I wish the Bonk! mod wasn't enabled.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ever hear of the goomba stomp mod before? I called it Bonk because I forgot the name but remembered that the killfeed shows a Bonk symbol.

:phone:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I play in Lobbies and PUG's.

The only "pubbing" I do nowadays is if I'm playing Saxton Hale, in which I frequent two servers of which their IP I'm too lazy to post.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I play in Lobbies and PUG's.

The only "pubbing" I do nowadays is if I'm playing Saxton Hale, in which I frequent two servers of which their IP I'm too lazy to post.
A lot of us just play vs saxton hale mod on the TFF servers

TFF server 1: 66.150.188.29:27015
TFF server 2 (the better one): 64.94.100.79:27015
I got you, man ;)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Right. Refer to Krynxe. Although I doubt I'll be playing more of Saxton Hale now that ESEA Open is starting up today. Hopefully though, Krynxe and I need to wreck everyone via Heavy / Medic again.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How does Steam Workshop with TF2 work anyway? Do you just make a model and submit it to Valve and it gets like a fan page or something?

John2k4

The End of an Era
How does Steam Workshop with TF2 work anyway? Do you just make a model and submit it to Valve and it gets like a fan page or something?
The closest thing I can relate to is the creation system for Lego designs; you make something and do a short writeup, and then the community helps you to refine it. Community votes on yea or nay for adding to the game.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've already picked up Morino on this, but if anyone is interested in learning competitive 6's (or Highlander, too) feel free to add me on Steam and such and I'd be more than happy to show you the ropes.

Our 6's team "Super Hash Bros." is in ESEA Open this year. I may be able to do some recording over previous matches to commentate / analyse, so we'll see.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm always set on being an Engie for Highlander nowadays. Learned more strategies, watched a lot of Salamancer casting (9v9's are the only thing that keep me interested), etc.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Watch out for that Australian league. They're beast with the Sniper class. :smirk:

--

I'd be in for learning competitive. :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I prefer competitive hats to competitive shooting.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in gold Spartan for 2 ref? or operator's overalls v. Pyro Beanie for 2.66?
I can't find anyone that wants these :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Awesome, I'll hold on to it for you then.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Good luck to your 6's group Tery

Do you need a team for highlander? I've never done it before, but I don't really want to bother with a team and everything.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm already a backup for a UGC Platinum team. We've already been knocked out in the playoffs but I've only enough time for 6's now anyways although I sometimes do Highlander Lobbies. If I have the time, perhaps we could organize a meetup on TF2 Lobby for a Highlander one.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I think I played one match in the first Highlander series. I only remember because I've got a participant medal for the ETF2L Highlander Tournament.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I have no idea why I got the medal. I signed up with a team from RTD a couple years ago, played one match, and then that medal showed up last year.

I don't remember hearing anything about European thing, either. ._.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Anyone selling a Consciencious Objector btw? Or know anyone selling it?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You can always use sites like TF2 Outpost for simple trades too, if friends / trade servers don't have what you're looking for.

---

So here's the idea since some people seemed interested. We can start setting up a Highlander team to represent Smashboards for UGC Highlander in upcoming fall season.

Our current roster will be Bionic starting on Engineer, myself starting on Medic, and Krynxe(?) starting on Heavy, and this will be the core of the team. If you're interested, please let us know what class(es) you are willing to play.

Bionic will be looking into getting a Mumble server for our team, as communication on a competitive team is critical, even moreso in Highlander with nine players.

If we're going to do something like this, it'll require a degree of dedication and responsibility - practicing, etc. - so we'd rather you not sign up if you don't think you can follow through with this, or maybe join as a backup.

Oh and it would be ideal to have most people from the same timezones to make meetings and practices easier, but we'll make exceptions like Krynxe (or provided your availability is flexible). :p

This is only in the very formative stages so we'll use this thread as a operation base and such.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh hell yeah on that. Now that school's over for me around early May-ish I can do this (right?).

I've been playing less Spy lately so I wouldn't trust me with that position. I have been playing a lot of Scout, Pyro, Demo, and Soldier, so I can play any of those if needed.

What time does this UGC thing start? If it's after the week of the 6th-12th of May, I'm golden. Otherwise, I'll have to check my schedule.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Bionic and I are planning for the fall UGC season, which is Season 8.

It's definitely possible to get a team registered for the summer season AKA Highlander Season 7, but (1) registration begins in approximately one week which gives us less time to form a full team with backups and (2) I'll be away this summer from mid-June to mid-July, and I'm one of the few people that have actual UGC Highlander experience. If you think we could set up everything for Season 7 registration, go for it, it's just I won't be here to help out.

Terywj: Medic, Pyro, Soldier
Bionic: Engineer
Krynxe: Heavy
John2K4: Demoman, Spy
GwJumpman: Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier

Edit--The summer season is aimed to start in the first week of June.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
When does the next season start? I'd love to join but I need to buy a new PC. I'll probably do that some time over the summer but best not to put me down for anything just yet.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
That would be really cool. I'd be able to make anything after 5EST unless something were to come up suddenly.

I'd sign up as either a Spy or a Pyro and really don't trust myself really being useful as any other class.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Formtive Roster
Terywj: Medic, Pyro, Soldier
Bionic: Engineer
Krynxe: Heavy
John2K4: Demoman, Spy
GwJumpman: Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier
Ulises: Spy, Pyro

I'm not really creative, so the only team name I came up with was "Smash World Fortress", so we could literally use "SWF" as the team tag. I'm sure other people have other names in mind or something.

Top Bottom