• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Is there a list somewhere of what the general legal weapons are for competative play?
6's and Highlander will (understandably) have different lists. UGC Highlander is known for not having too many bans except for the really stupid weapons, just for reference they banned the following in the last season (season 6) - Reseerve Shooter, Holiday Punch, Enforcer, Machina, Pomson, and Phlogistinator. ESEA 6's bans can be viewed here, under "Game Settings."

Although since you're in Australia, both Australian and European leagues are vanilla TF2.

"This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile."

Blarg. Ah well.
Why, who are you trying to stalk?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A friend, she plays it frequently, and her birthday's coming up. Pyro's her main character, wasn't sure who else. Was thinking of just gifting her something cool from the store (EDIT: And before anyone thinks there's any ulterior motive, she's about 7 years younger than me and the sister of a friend, so no ;))

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Some people like them young.

Anyways, the Last Breath is a fantastic miscellaneous item for Pyro. I have that with my white Vintage Merryweather, both match really well. The new Triclops is also neat, but it's achievement unlock from Super Monday Night Combat. The Pyromancer's Mask is a cheaper version of the Last Breath, in some ways.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Cremator's Conscience imo.

Who doesn't like mini-Pyros on their chest?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Viewing someone's profile can be inaccurate if they reset their stats in game, though.

Hence why I have ~2825 hours in tf2 but only 148.6 on record on my steam profile.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
ESEA 6's bans can be viewed here, under "Game Settings."
And people say Smash rulesets are too long. Hah.

Surprised the Vita-Saw isn't banned in Highlander.

edit: TF2 update tonight, "server owners required to update". Everytime they say update, I keep thinking Meet the Pyro update.

John2k4

The End of an Era
It just updated.

[collapse=Patch Notes]
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

Fatal engine errors are now written to the server log file
Added sv_lowedict_threshold and sv_lowedict_action which allow the engine to take action before running out of free edicts
Possible values for sv_lowedict_action are: 0 - no action, 1 - warn to log file, 2 - attempt to restart the game, if applicable, 3 - restart the map, 4 - go to the next map in the map cycle

Team Fortress 2
Added The Sneaky Spats of Sneaking
Added new promotional items
Added koth_badlands to eligible quickplay maps
Added changelevel_next server command which changes to the next map in the map cycle
Added mp_restartgame_immediate ConVar which has the same effect as mp_restartgame without a delay
Fixed The Manmelter using the wrong muzzle flash effect
Fixed The Frying Pan not being positioned correctly for some classes[/collapse]

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Viewing someone's profile can be inaccurate if they reset their stats in game, though.

Hence why I have ~2825 hours in tf2 but only 148.6 on record on my steam profile.
I've never reset my stats. Steam Library says I've been playing for over 1000 hours but I've only really played about 400.

And people say Smash rulesets are too long. Hah.
Competitive TF2 is fun though.

Bionic said:
Surprised the Vita-Saw isn't banned in Highlander.
The 10 health is debatable since often times if you're below 10 HP you're probably going to die soon anyways. It's to cater for Medics who are dying often to at least converse a little, and can sometimes throw off the other team keeping track of the Medic's percentage. The only straight benefit is if you pick off the opposing Medic everytime yours dies. Hein of Good Looking in UGC Platinum is probably the most well-known Medic who uses the Vitasaw, and he dies quite often. I've personally just utilized the Ubersaw just because the 25% add is invaluable and like I said, if I'm in a situation where the conserved percentage would help me, I probably shouldn't have died to begin with.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I've never reset my stats. Steam Library says I've been playing for over 1000 hours but I've only really played about 400.
Well, if you're talking about you cumulative class hours being ~400, that's because being dead (vsh) and being on the main menu still count towards your total time

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Because I'm level 29 or 30 on SMNC apparently I've unlocked some hats for TF2.

I got the Soldier uniform for Megabeth which I have to admit is pretty cool though:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah crap, strange rocket launcher's back in rotation? Should reeeally get around to selling that strange festive :(

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I would totally buy the Strange Festive Rocket Launcher if (a) the economy wasn't ******** and (b) festives weren't so irritating to viewmodels. Unfortunately, both are the case.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
SF Rocket really isn't irritating as far as viewmodels go.

Also **** yes for Rocket being back in rotation, now I can get one for like a key.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I've opened 4 boxes and gotten exactly what I wanted.

1x Scattergun
1x Sniper Rifle
1x Pistol
1x Jarate

It was a while ago, luck was on my side

smashbot226

Smash Master
I am season Medic. As mythical as the unicorn and as elusive as TOBOR. With uber in hand, I cleanse the world of the four sentries on the enemy team. Be wary of my coming, for I am ze ubermensch.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm in the market for a strange sniper rifle if anybody has one. Here's my backpack if you see something you want to trade for it :)
(my strange snipers are off limits; the point of this is to finish my strange sniper collection)

Also buying a milkman.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/pghmav

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Strange Sniper Rifles are going for about one key right now, if you give me the metal I can probably look for one. (Or alternatively, I can buy one with my own metal and you pay back). Same for the Milkman.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I've got a strange sniper rifle, will sell it to you for 1 craft hat + 2 reclaimed, or 2.5 ref.

M@v

Subarashii!
Edit: Trade occurred :D.

Does someone have a link to the banned weapons list for the highlander league? I want to make one of my sniper loadout spots a highlander legal one to practice it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
6's and Highlander will (understandably) have different lists. UGC Highlander is known for not having too many bans except for the really stupid weapons, just for reference they banned the following in the last season (season 6) - Reseerve Shooter, Holiday Punch, Enforcer, Machina, Pomson, and Phlogistinator.
Edit: Trade occurred :D.

Does someone have a link to the banned weapons list for the highlander league? I want to make one of my sniper loadout spots a highlander legal one to practice it.
Top of the page.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I wish more people were interested in 6's.

http://www.ugcleague.com/

As I predicted, we're not going to be ready for the upcoming Season 7, which is in under two weeks so let's just keep trying to find people to finish up our roster + backups.

[collapse=Details]Team: Smash World Fortress
Tag: SWF.
Scout: Morino
Solider: ???
Pyro: GwJumpman
Demoman: John2K4
Heavy: Krynxe
Engineer: Bionic
Medic: Terywj
Sniper: M@v
Spy: Ulises
Backups: ???[/collapse]

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Doesn't matter about ability / skill level if you're a backup. Most Highlander teams have over 20 players. I was a backup for a UGC Platinum team last season and wasn't ever needed.

Besides, what's important is if you're on a team, you'll get the shiny Genuine UGC Highlander Participant Medal.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

-Starters-
Terywj - Medic, Pyro
Krynxe - Heavy
Bionic - Engineer
Morino - Scout, Soldier
M@V - Sniper
GwJumpman - Pyro, Scout
John2K4 - Demoman, Spy
Ulises - Spy

-Backups-
Rei - ???
UltMario - Scout / Soldier / Demoman
Arcansi(?) - Pyro[/collapse]

Since I'm forgetful, and lazy, you should comment on what other classes you're good for Highlander, so we can always have the option of mixing the roster up so everyone doesn't have to play the same class every single match.

M@v

Subarashii!
Spy and Scout are my next best behind sniper. After those 3 its probably not good enough for highlander.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Glowworm is Morino. Edit--Unless you meant that.

-Starters-
Terywj - Medic, Pyro
Krynxe - Heavy
Bionic - Engineer
Morino - Scout, Soldier
M@V - Sniper, Spy, Scout
GwJumpman - Pyro, Scout
John2K4 - Demoman, Spy
Ulises - Spy

-Backups-
Rei - ???
UltMario - Scout / Soldier / Demoman
Arcansi(?) - Pyro[/collapse]

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
No, I'm not. I forget what happened specifically but yeah.

Don't you have him added on Steam?
I remember having glowworm on steam, I think

and then I remember "meeting" and adding Morino at a much later time

I don't know if I'm a terrible person for this x_x;

Top Bottom