• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F #3 Results

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Brawl Doubles [9 Teams]

1. Lain + Bowyer :metaknight::snake:/:fox::metaknight:
2. Stay Free ThuGz :yeahboi: (Boxxy + Gio) :metaknight:/:gw:
3. Stayin' Free the :yoshi2: Way (Ori_bro + WuvS) :metaknight:/:yoshi2::jigglypuff:
4. Pingas (PzO + JTSM) :wario::falco:/:snake:
5. Tech_Chase + Gifts :wario::dedede:/:metaknight::marth:
5. Apasher + LOE1 :marth::metaknight:/:wario:
7. DRDN + Harlymn :kirby:/:toonlink:
7. Gary + Aaron :random:/:random:
9. D50 + Chef :metaknight:/:dedede:

Brawl Singles[22 Entrants]

1. Lain ($105) :metaknight::popo:
2. KDB [Boxxy] ($48) :metaknight:
3. Bowyer ($31) :metaknight:
4. WTP ($18) :falco::metaknight:
5. Tech_Chase ($9) :dedede::popo::snake:
5. Oro is Free :yeahboi: [Gio] ($9) :metaknight:
7. Ori_bro :marth::metaknight::popo:
7. PzO :wario::falco::metaknight:
9. WuvS :yoshi2::jigglypuff:
9. Rabbi Nevins :metaknight:
9. Mr. C :metaknight:
9. Mesa :metaknight:
13. DRDN :kirby2::diddy::metaknight:
13. Gifts :marth::metaknight:
13. JTSM :snake:
13. Chef :dedede:
--Pools Cutoff--
17. Apasher :marth::metaknight:
17. LOE1 :wario:
17. DTJ Jungle :peach::metaknight:
17. D50 :metaknight:
17. v1 Ninja :marth:
17. Harlymn :ike::snake:

Melee Doubles [? Teams]

1. Abu + Kzhu
2. Stratford + A Tree
3. SCOTU + Juggleguy
4. HIV+ + Slayer
5: Gary + Aaron
5: Dre + DTJ Jungle
7: David + Tyler
7: Josh + Elliot
9: Matt + Jamie
9: Dragon Heart

Melee Singles [26 Entrants]

1. Duck :samusmelee:
2. Juggleguy :falconmelee:
3. Slayertokey :falconmelee::marthmelee:
4. SCOTU :foxmelee:
5. lain :foxmelee::marthmelee:
5. Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee:
7. Kzhu :peachmelee:
7. HIV+ :falcomelee:
9. Stratford :foxmelee:
9. Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
9. 3Chairz :sheikmelee:
9. Hellsing :marthmelee:
13. Ori_bro :ganonmelee:
13. Jungle :foxmelee:
13. WuvS :jigglypuffmelee:
13. Kinglit :falcomelee::foxmelee:
--Pool Cutoff--
17: Solo
17: He Who Smelt It
17: Messiah
17: PunkdaFunk
21: Apasher
21: Enigma
21: Jamie
21: General Heinz
25: DRDN
25: David

MvC3 Singles [LOL 4 Entrants]
1. DRDN ($40)
2. Blue Shirt Guy
3. Harlemn
4. v1 Ninja

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah, Scotu got 4th, Lain and I got 5th.

What's with the incompletion of melee results?
ty ill fix it. I dont have the Melee complete because of 2 things
1. Dont remeber them all off the top of my head
2. Waiting for All is Brawl to process the results to update.

Unless people help me fill in the blanks this could take a while lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Erase Wario from my name. I only want my bracket characters listed.

:dedede: :popo: :snake: in that order.

I am such a combo breaker...rofl. The only non MK user that placed in the money baby :bee:

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
ty ill fix it. I dont have the Melee complete because of 2 things
1. Dont remeber them all off the top of my head
2. Waiting for All is Brawl to process the results to update.

Unless people help me fill in the blanks this could take a while lol
Sorry if I don't understand something, but why do we need to wait for AiB to process the results? The results are already on tio so why can't you just copy the tio file and post the results here when you get home/the next day?

And from what I remember, this is how it should be:

2. Juggleguy :falconmelee:
3. Slayertokey :falconmelee::marthmelee:
5. Dre :marthmelee::pikachumelee:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
BRAWL SHOUTOUTS

1. Lain ($105) - Good **** winning as always. BYAAAAAHHHH

2. Boxxy ($48) - Still didn't get to play you :(

3. Bowyer ($31) - Didn't play, but good **** getting 3rd.

4. WTP ($18) - Didn't play

5. Tech_Chase ($9) - GGs in pools. Thanks for helping me and LOE1 out for teams

5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) - GGs

7. Ori_bro - GGs in dubs.

7. PzO -nice meeting you. GGs in dubs/pools

9. WuvS - :yoshi2: is broken

9. Rabbi Nevins - STOMP DA METAKNIGHT PLUSHIE

9. Mr. C - Didn't play

9. Mesa - good friendlies

13. DRDN - we didn't get to play in brawl :(

13. Gifts - thanks for the advice. good friendlies

13. JTSM - GGs in dubs

13. Chef - not bad for your first tournament. Go to more an you'll get better :D

--Pools Cutoff--

17. Apasher - I had the chance to make it out of pools, but I failed. I am disappoint. Get good.

17. LOE1 - You've gotten better :D good stuff in teams. WE DIDN'T GET LAST FOR ONCE XD

17. DTJ Jungle - Didn't play

17. D50 - GGs in dubs. Come to more tournaments.

17. v1 Ninja - Didn't play.

17. Harlemn - Didn't play.

Melee shoutouts later

:phone:

fZk

Smash Lord
lol at 12 MKs in the top 16. This looked free to bad I couldn't come. I'll try to make it to the next one.

ZTD | TECHnology

TC's SEXY SHOUTOUTS

1. Lain ($105) - Good **** winning again. And you DIDNT hold up a tournament! So proud of you this time lol

2. Boxxy ($48) - GGs and good placement. "Retire" and then come back and ****...yep very Michigan-like. ;)

3. Bowyer ($31) - GGs, I'll get you one day.

4. WTP ($18) - So THIS is what happens when you try. Maybe you should do it more.

5. Tech_Chase ($9) - http://www.tvland.com/video-clips/jeffersons/the-jeffersons-theme-song

5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) Makin' that money. :yeahboi:

7. Ori_bro GGs in doubles. Good job proving you weren't being carried ;)

7. PzO - Oh yes I got some of that sweet *** twice this tournament <3 GGs. Your Wario >>> your MK though.

9. WuvS - GGs in doubles. Ban :yoshi2:'s broken ***.

9. Rabbi Nevins - Swag.

9. Mr. C - GGs...:popo: are gay if you don't know the MU lol

9. Mesa - I'm calling you Messiah from now on. Also GGs, almost caught me slipping. :snake: is too free though.

13. DRDN - Selling out. Shame on you :yeahboi:

13. Gifts - I should have coached you as well ..:yeahboi: Don't let the loss to Wuvs get to you. Its all MU inexperience. You'll for sure win next time.

13. JTSM - Return of the MI :snake:??

13. Chef - Lol another D3. You need some work on staying safe but not bad. But yes, D3 has a LOT of bad MUs..it aint easy being a penguin baby. If I ever see you again I can teach you stuff.

--Pools Cutoff--
17. Apasher - Learn from your mistakes.

17. LOE1 - Hey baby...:yeahboi:

17. DTJ Jungle - You should stick with :peach:..far more broken than MK. Good **** entering Brawl though!

17. D50 - Fun friendlies.

17. v1 Ninja - That jew fro.

17. Harlemn - Nice to meet you! Hope to see you at future events.

And now I will address a few things:

Lain - Very proud of you for not holding up a tournament. You had like one longer than needed break but other than that good ****. Let's make this a habit ;)

Ori - I know we talked about this at the venue for a second but I'm bringing this up again. I was told you coached Wuvs in game against Gifts. There were witnesses aside from Gifts. I'm not going to make a federal case out of it but I feel like that was wrong and unfair to Gifts. My witnesses who shall remain unnamed said that you were giving Wuvs specific advice. Pointing out habits and such just isn't cool. If a player can't make these distinctions on their own then they deserve to lose. If I'm wrong then so be it but not just Gifts told me this...so I have my reasons to believe that was the case.

Also bracket did not start until 8 PM. I had to make brackets myself in a hurry and be the enforcer for matches when I would have rather just watched my friends play and relax. Dude, please stop letting this happen. I 'm pretty bad at not intervening in this situations but still. I had people reporting to me and stuff and asking me about their matches instead of you the main T.O. This is not something that should be happening. It's beginning to become a recurring problem and I want to stop this now. You need to take more charge over your own events. I had 0 problems making pools and stuff before, I did that on my own free will. The other stuff I did was because I felt obligated to or we would have been there past 1. I am beginning to think you're doing this knowing that I will probably break down and start taking over things. I really hope that is not the case but actions speak louder than words.

tl;dr version: Do your job as the main T.O. for the entire day please. I hope I am not sounding too harsh but I feel like I am being taken advantage of in a sense. I am only saying this out of concern as a friend. I keep getting complaints...this needs to stop. I know you entered Melee and such but you need to balance in between your own gratification and the efficiency of the tournament. Being a good TO often means sacrificing a few things. There is no reason why Melee should end before (way) Brawl when we have less entrants...

And that's it.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Quick advice. Everyone, hold up when Falco Down-throws you. Otherwise Falco has Dacus options.
WuvS, jab out of Dedede chain grab. It will hit a dash attack and punish a non-perfect grab.
Gifts, in MK dittos you need to stay low or really high at the edges of Rainbow, otherwise you get Up-B'd.
Gio, either learn Rainbow or just stop picking it. Just because you use MK doesn't mean you have to go there. Frigate is pretty neutral, but half the time lots of characters can't recover well on the right side.
Myself, no more trying to kill when people just barely reach kill percents (With bad DI). Do 20-30% more then get the assured killed with a fresh kill move.

Ori - I know we talked about this at the venue for a second but I'm bringing this up again. I was told you coached Wuvs in game against Gifts.
Ori also coached heavily when Gio and myself played WuvS. I think. I was to busy ****** to listen but he was there the whole time.

Since Tech brought it up, I will back him up on what he said about TOing. Except Tech wasn't being harsh enough. I won't go into detail because last time I did fZk yelled at me.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Shout-Outs (cuz I'm doing them for once!)

1. Lain ($105) - I still feel stupid for losing to your Snake x.x; My Yoshi will get there one day.

2. Boxxy ($48) - Always hatin on me :x Typical Luke~

4. WTP ($18) - Your Falco is easier D: Go back to him pl0x

5. Tech_Chase ($9) - I like your D3, it's really fun to play and not too annoying. GGs overall.

5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) - Nado nado nado nado dair dair dair nado nado nado.

7. Ori_bro - 3rd in Dubz with a Yoshi/Puff? Too good mangz ;3 Your tippers are stupid though >_>;

7. PzO - Half charged FSmash is TOO good lol. You let me down twice D: Tsk tsk

9. WuvS - :yoshi2: Soooooo Good <3 Tired of the Yoshi/Puff disrespect though :<

9. Rabbi Nevins - I heard you lost to Ori_bro :O Wut?

13. DRDN - You got 4th seed cuz of YOSHI >:D Who was right?

13. Gifts - I feel bad because I played you EVERY POSSIBLE TIME D: That $1 tourney, dubz, pools, and bracket :l I'm sorry.

17. Apasher - You'll get there :x Need more AiB Ladder practice and whatnot. We need to play offline cuz I know you live relatively close to meh~

17. LOE1 - Dat taunt messed it up for you D:

17. DTJ Jungle - You're a cool dooder Jungle! Glad I could meet you!

17. Harlemn - Melee is where it's at~

FYI Ori, loved the venue :3 Can't wait to go there more often! Overall nice weekend, epescially in Dubz ;D You guys watch for that :yoshi2::jigglypuff: Combo at BAMF4 <3

"WuvS, jab out of Dedede chain grab. It will hit a dash attack and punish a non-perfect grab."
-Takes Notes- You have NO idea how KLSJDGKLJSDK I got when Tech and you got CGs on me. I couldn't really figure out a truly safe option, seemed like D3 covered all of them. Thanks for the heads up, I needed it!

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Tech who was I facing when I sold out because I remember that early in the day but don't remember when

Also I think ori needs a co to and everyone needs to know who it is when I wasn't sure who I faced after lain I went to ask ori but he was in a game (headphones in and you don't really want to break someones concentration while in a match) but I was in a hurry it was already like 9 and my ride was there so I asked Tech and where the computer was to make sure

Ill do full shoutouts when I get off work but I start soon so...

Anyone know how many NEW people were there for brawl and melee?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
2. Juggleguy

3. Slayertokey :marthmelee:

5. Dre
:marthmelee:
9. Stratford
:foxmelee:
9. Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
9. 3Chairz :sheikmelee:
9. Hellsing :marthmelee:
13. Ori_bro :ganonmelee:
13. Jungle
:foxmelee:
13. WuvS :jigglypuffmelee:
13. Kinglit :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
17-26. ?

Some help with Melee results.

PS Ori, I do agree with Derek, things run way more smoothly when you have an assistant at the TO desk at all times (Ham, Rogu, where are they when you need em?)

ZTD | TECHnology

I actually dont remember either ...I think it was Boxxy but I saw you use MK against some other people lol.

It has begin. They got DRDN.

THEY GOT DRDN.

I feel so alone...lol

@WTP: I just dont want to sound like a **** is all. Its not in my nature to be "harsh". =/

JTsm

Smash Master
1. Lain ($105) - Congratz and lol against boxxy.

2. Boxxy ($48) - Nice MK and GG's.

3. Bowyer ($31) - GG's in pools. Hate SDing that last stock. lol

4. WTP ($18) - Didn't play, but congratz getting 4th.

5. Tech_Chase ($9) - You did well, sweetie ;) GG's in dubs.

5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) - I lol'd.

7. Ori_bro - GGs in dubs. lolol pool results. Deff coming to the championship tourney on the 13th! :D

7. PzO -Troll.

9. WuvS - Your :yoshi2: is too good. xD

9. Mr. C - Lololololololol

9. Mesa - GG's in losers. I deff had you except that last stock xD

13. JTSM - Get better man. I can see the potential on your Snake. <3

--Pools Cutoff--

17. Apasher - GG's d00d.

17. LOE1 - Duuuude. You made the pools all hype xDDDD

17. Harlemn - Bahaha fun pools matches. :D

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I actually went Puff/Fox in the Melee tourney :x Fox is REALLY fun apparently, gotta use him more often. Can't drop Puff though, those few Rest I get are SOOO epic :3

LOE1

Smash Lord
shoutout at johnthemesa for some hype matches. gotta love the fart

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Yo I haven't given in to the mk disease yet

also what's wrong with coaching, I understand it was in game but still. It could be bad for the person getting coached too cause they're not 100% focused on the match. And if the coach is loud enough and you hear what he's saying then you know exactly what to expect/not to do

zDuck

Smash Journeyman

also what's wrong with coaching, I understand it was in game but still. It could be bad for the person getting coached too cause they're not 100% focused on the match. And if the coach is loud enough and you hear what he's saying then you know exactly what to expect/not to do

this is wrong

ZTD | TECHnology

Havent given in?? You won't even play my D3 without MK. Gtfo lol

And coaching game is just wrong. It is up the players to be able to spot out habits and make the best punishes on their own. If they can't do that, then tough luck. Having a 3rd party helping you eliminates the need for having to think for yourself and its just not fair at all. I don't care what anyone says.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Havent given in?? You won't even play my D3 without MK. Gtfo lol

And coaching game is just wrong. It is up the players to be able to spot out habits and make the best punishes on their own. If they can't do that, then tough luck. Having a 3rd party helping you eliminates the need for having to think for yourself and its just not fair at all. I don't care what anyone says.
only in friendlies baby, I don't feel like try harding with snake in friendlies or even a moneymatch cause that's not fun at all

and is it unfair? It's not against the rules for this tourney so everyone has that option. The action might be taboo but the fairness of it is subjective (though most of you will probly say it's unfair)

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!

Whats wrong with it? The TO of this tourny is breaking his own rules. If you read the original thread the only rule that was changed from Unity was the no mk/mk teams and brinstar being banned.

Unity Rule Set said:
Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
I didn't really notice what was going on at first because I had my headphones in and was focusing on the match.

In the begining of the second game I hear Ori say something about my spot dodge and how my opponent should capitalize on it. I loose a stock and turn down my music and pretty much just hear Ori back seating for wuvs for the next 2 stocks. I assume the same went on game 1 but I wasn't paying attention.

I asked a few people about it after my match and they agreed that Ori was indeed coaching wuvs. Now I find this very unfair because theres a third party involved DURING the match helping a player win. If the player can't do it on his own that's his fault. Could it have altered how the game played out? Yes it very much could. I'll take the loss right now but do not at tournaments that I either TO or co TO I will take action if these events happen again. This isn't just directed at Ori, this is directed at everyone.

It's not fun when it has to come down to this. Yes you are helping a friend out and getting them to advance in bracket. But look at the other player. It isn't fair to them what so ever.

Due note if you read the rules it is okay to coach between matches. Just not during as what happened in this situation.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Yeah I looked at the tourney rules before I posted and didn't see anything about it (which is why I said it's not in the rules for this tourney), but I was mistaken and didn't take into account that he didn't copy and paste the entire unity ruleset into the first post. I still stand by my opinion that in game coaching isn't a big deal, but ori broke his own rules and he was the TO (yoo wtf) so from a rules standpoint I admit his actions were wrong

Top Bottom