• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F #3 Results

kd-

Smash Lord
In game coaching can help a ton, but the game's not exactly set in stone. You can correct your own mistakes and such, and it does help if you have someone's outside opinion but overall your play is still your play. If you are the better player, you'll adapt to the other player's adaptations.

Bottom line is rules are rules though. I didn't know coaching rules existed.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I was kind of annoyed that Ori was coaching you so hard, so I decided to spam nado. After you didn't punish the first 5 or so, it seemed like a pretty safe option. :yeahboi:
Your nado is so free though.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The reason in-game coaching isn't mentioned in a lot of rulesets is probably the same reason something like "you aren't allowed to unplug your opponent's controller" isn't mentioned in the rulesets... some things are just supposed to be common sense.

kd-

Smash Lord
I've seen rules like, "Anything done to physically disrupt any player results in forfeit or punishment by TO discretion." I've never seen a coaching rule

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've seen rules like, "Anything done to physically disrupt any player results in forfeit or punishment by TO discretion." I've never seen a coaching rule
Coaching rules are much more common than rules that explicitly state that physical interference is prohibited. I've only seen physical interference rules pop up in rule lists after it became a minor debate in the BBR a few years back. Coaching rules have been around and not uncommon for a long time.

JTsm

Smash Master
The way I see it, if you need to be coached during a tourney match, you should get DQ'd. Coach in-between matches like CP's and stuff. People need to rely on their own skills for tourney play. Also what Juggleguy said.

fZk

Smash Lord
Yeah coaching is really lame. I've only had it happen to me on both my sets against Gio where Lain was coaching him, and it was annoying. Not that it did him any good though :yeahboi:

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Boooooo coaching, and it is one thing to coach and say things about the MU such as nado yoshi cuz he can't do **** against it when he's in the air :yeahboi: but when you say things such as 'After X he will do Y' that is stupid unfair and the person doing the coaching should be DQd imo.

The game is meant to be played by 2 players, and 2 players only, and I find it disturbing that the actual TO was the one performing the act. If the TO can't abide by his own rules, why should any of the attendees feel compelled to follow the rules?

Anyways SOs in a bit

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I understand the rule of no coaching during matches, but regardless, it wouldn't have change any of the outcomes from the matches. Gio and WTP would have beaten me regardless, and I've beaten Gifts a couple times that weekend also, so it didn't truly matter.

And if coaching is really THAT big of a deal, why didn't anyone care when DRDN went Yoshi and I was trying to help him out during that whole entire match?

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
hahaha u brawl scrubs have all the problems/disputes play a better game and these things wouldnt happen

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I understand the rule of no coaching during matches, but regardless, it wouldn't have change any of the outcomes from the matches. Gio and WTP would have beaten me regardless, and I've beaten Gifts a couple times that weekend also, so it didn't truly matter.

And if coaching is really THAT big of a deal, why didn't anyone care when DRDN went Yoshi and I was trying to help him out during that whole entire match?
Lol probably because you weren't pointing out others habbits but instead telling me how to play yoshi. Like reminding me I had a chain grab and stuff like that is something you could have said before the match if I told you I was going yoshi before we started(thanks for the info even though I didn't follow much of it)

Also I remember the dittos with rabbi because there was a special reason ill explain later but I think it was boxxy because he did **** me in the set

I've always had a bad MK tech I just prefer my kirby because he's better for me. MK is my 3rd secondary and is probably better then my other 2 sadly

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I was still telling you how to play Yoshi and what to do. I also think that I was telling you some habits that were bad and what to do to negate them. I believe that is still coaching.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
hahaha u brawl scrubs have all the problems/disputes play a better game and these things wouldnt happen
Alright Im not gonna get into a brawl vs any other game debate here, but shut the **** up. Problems and disputes have nothing to do with the game itself, but with how the community is. especially since the dispute is about COACHING, which can happen in ANY ****ING GAME. Don't post stupid ****.

Also, if I get this right you guys are tryin to get the TO yellow carded for coaching a Yoshi against a MK inbetween games from what I hear from a few people I know who went to the tourney? lol

Btw a bit of advice
- there seems to be a few of triple char players here, try sticking to 1 or 2 chars and you may do better :D as learning different MUs and spacing and all that other crap is a lot harder to do when your switching up between chars
- Character variety will help your community in the long run, and tryin to yellow card a TO is gonna make him not wanna host anymore and then thats less tourneys, less practice for when you guys wanna try to get good , less chances to prove your da bess etc. Even if you don't wanna travel for smash, itll be more fun for you all when your playing more than just 1 or 2 MUs, and help those that do go OoR when they get put up against someone who isnt say....MK since he seems to be used by 16 out of the 22 people here

DRDN

Smash Master
It is still coaching I was just saying why they made a bigger deal about it when ori did it(aside from the fact he was the to so its his job to punish such acts) I thought it was still a fun day. There just seems to be a lot of negatives coming from this day which I already expected :/

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
It was a REALLY fun day, but there is more negative coming out of this then positive. It just seems like people like to make a bigger deal about Ori messing up then anything Ori does positively.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

See this is where I have a problem. You act like you would defeat Gifts regardless though he did beat your Yoshi VERY soundly with Marth in the one dollar tourney the night before. Saying that means "I'm so much better than him so I didnt need coaching". Fact is he definitely could beat you. In fact 5 dollars says that he beats you next BAMF in a MM. I'll put up the cash myself. I am 100% serious. I have absolute faith in my boy's growth and potential. So how about it?

But anyway you aren't like leagues above him so I would appreciate you not making assumptions like that. You two are fairly even in skill. Gifts just knows very little about fighting Yoshi (like most of MI..lol The coaching probably did affect things. Enough to change the outcome? Maybe. Maybe not. Fact is it should not have happened to begin with.

And I knew nothing on you coaching DRDN about Yoshi or I would have said something to you as well. Im very against coaching and Ive made it clear Ive warned Lain before about it but hes cool about it now. Not to mention Gio isnt a scrub now :yeahboi:

But in all seriousness I COULD actually card Ori for this if I wanted to. I dont want it to come to that however. He does owe several people an apology though. That's all I want here.

@Abu: You know..you're being a passive aggressive ***** again. I like how you'll talk all this **** online but you wont say anything to us in person. If you're gonnna talk ****, grow a pair and and at least not have an internet personality. I'd respect you if you could say that in person. But you won't so "whatever.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I never once said give Ori a yellow card for coaching. I just feel it was a low blow on his part to the community. Honestly I was having fun at this tournament regardless of results like usual until I heard he was coaching. Then I got super pissed and wanted to leave but couldnt because Jon and Tech still had to play their matches.

What also really pissed me off is how Ori denied it at the venue when Tech called him out on it. Obviously he knew he was doing it, yet denied it.

Wuvs, how would you feel if Tech was sitting there coaching me through our set and I won when we are pretty even on skill level? More than likely you would have felt the same way I did.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
See this is where I have a problem. You act like you would defeat Gifts regardless though he did beat your Yoshi VERY soundly with Marth in the one dollar tourney the night before. Saying that means "I'm so much better than him so I didnt need coaching". Fact is he definitely could beat you. In fact 5 dollars says that he beats you next BAMF in a MM. I'll put up the cash myself. I am 100% serious. I have absolute faith in my boy's growth and potential. So how about it?
I didn't mean it to come off as I'm better, but I did also 2-0 him in pools and also the 2-0 in brackets. I know I'm still a scrub myself, but I'm trying to get out there and in a non-MK way (or even High Tier.) I'm 100% willing to do that MM because I believe that I can still win 2 weeks from now. I don't mean to come off rude, but I really don't think that the "coaching" Ori gave me really made the turnout horribly different.

And I beat his Marth in the $1 tourney, then he went MK to BF and I lost, then I went Puff (when everyone was trash talking me) on PS1 and I won :x

@Gifts: To be honest, I don't think coaching is that bad of an issue. If Tech REALLY wanted to coach you, I would be fine with it. It can have it's ups and downs during the match (less focus, but more knowledge for the next stock if it comes down to it.)

"You beat my mk on sv. I took you to bf as marth beat you. Then you went **** on ps1 and beat my mk. at the 1 dollar tourny."
Was it like that xD;? Wow, my memory is horribly bad then :x Well, (I guess) that day in pools I beat your Marth, then you went MK, so I guess in Bracket it was about the same, Marth, then MK.

DRDN

Smash Master
RI'm going to interupt this talk about coaching to say that this tourney had quite a few new faces which I liked to see. My friend I brought had a great time and thanks to John(hellsing) for sitting down with her and teach her some stuff. It showed that the community is there to help people get good enough to join.

Anyone have a list of questions we should ask new comers?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I didn't mean it to come off as I'm better, but I did also 2-0 him in pools and also the 2-0 in brackets. I know I'm still a scrub myself, but I'm trying to get out there and in a non-MK way (or even High Tier.) I'm 100% willing to do that MM because I believe that I can still win 2 weeks from now. I don't mean to come off rude, but I really don't think that the "coaching" Ori gave me really made the turnout horribly different.

And I beat his Marth in the $1 tourney, then he went MK to BF and I lost, then I went Puff (when everyone was trash talking me) on PS1 and I won :x
You beat my mk on sv. I took you to bf as marth beat you. Then you went puff on ps1 and beat my mk. at the 1 dollar tourny.

DRDN

Smash Master
And that I think we should really just agree coachings for in between matches not during I thought wuvs coaching me was lulz we were having fun with it hell I was going yoshi because I thought it didn't matter I wasn't making it out of pools...

And that MMs are awesome

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Wuvs already said he was down for it
And why would you switch from Marth if you apparently beat him so convincingly as Tech chase stated O.o

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I really wanted to not get involved in this but I feel like I wil put my say in it. I do not deny I coached wuvs. Looking at it now i feel like the biggest *******. I'm turning this results thread into a flame war and it is just annoying seeing parties who were not involved join the "fight." So I want to publicly and full heartedly apologize to everyone, even those not directly involved.

- Kyle: Sorry. Words can't describe how bad I feel. At the time I wanted wuvs to win badly because he is one of my best friends and my dubs partner and I want the best for him. I feel like an ******* and I know it will take more than just a single section of a post to forgive me. But I will be going directly in person and ask for ur apology.

-WTP/Gio: I know i did the same thing with your sets verse wuvs but imo i didnt feel like i did it as bad as gifts set. I hope you guys will forgive me.

- Tech: This is a response to ur shoutout. Yes I know the brax started late, but it also ended in only 3 hours. Pools did take the usual 1-2 hours and it started at 5:30. also the computer crashing for 30 minutes didnt help. But yes i know i can step up as a to, but like you I try to do well in tourneys, both 2v2 and 1v1. I ended up getting 3rd and 7th so I will be in brax for a bit and you need to cut me a tad bit of slack since its hard to focus/TO when u make it deep in brax. And if people come up to you asking who they play next it isnt much of a hassle. People ask anyone who they feel is knowledgeable of the bracket. People always ask me at your tourneys about bracket stuff and its always when u r in a set. This isn't meant as an attack it is mearly a response.

Also if you feel it is necessary for a yellow card I will take all responsibility for my actions and recieve one. I know what i did is wrong and it is a spit to the face of those who were competing.

tl;dr I'm sorry to all of Michigan. What i did was wrong and I dont expect u all to forgive me after one post. I'm ready to accept all punishments that come with my actions. All I want is that this thread switches focus back to shoutouts, CnC, and Hyping up BAMF 4!

I shall edit the OP tomorrow morning with all the new results that the Melee players have provided me. Unless Jungle edits my post XD

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
sorry to everyone who had to deal with me whining at the tourney and the night before, I was just getting really bored with the game and I was feeling under the weather and we all know how much it doesnt help to be at a tourney all day saturday when youre feeling crappy. Super shoutouts to my match against pzo, I stepped it up but not quite in time.

I would john, but anyone who saw me play knows I sucked **** saturday.

yeah sorry for my bad day everyone, next time ill be more lively! and ill play better thats for sure. Except i am taking a break, I need some non smash video games in my life right now/some chill time to hang out with some friends I dont often see.

shoutouts to luke always. I dont get to see you enough. And ori...prepare to be ANNHILATED SON!!!!

Top Bottom