• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F #3 Results

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
- Tech: This is a response to ur shoutout. Yes I know the brax started late, but it also ended in only 3 hours. Pools did take the usual 1-2 hours and it started at 5:30. also the computer crashing for 30 minutes didnt help. But yes i know i can step up as a to, but like you I try to do well in tourneys, both 2v2 and 1v1. I ended up getting 3rd and 7th so I will be in brax for a bit and you need to cut me a tad bit of slack since its hard to focus/TO when u make it deep in brax. And if people come up to you asking who they play next it isnt much of a hassle. People ask anyone who they feel is knowledgeable of the bracket. People always ask me at your tourneys about bracket stuff and its always when u r in a set. This isn't meant as an attack it is mearly a response.

Also if you feel it is necessary for a yellow card I will take all responsibility for my actions and recieve one. I know what i did is wrong and it is a spit to the face of those who were competing.

:phone:
I understand that it is very hard to manage both playing the game and TOing. I know that very well personally and from one TO to another I have sympathy there. BUT you are not good at time management. We have had this problem before where you'd go and play friendlies instead of TOing or helping me Co-TO or whatever. At some point you just have to own up to everything and just ask yourself what can you do to make your events more fun and efficient. I was having fun up until Bracket. I still had fun actually but then everything happened. I just know that I am not doing you any favors by biting my tongue any more. I just had to say something.

And if it was ONLY people asking me who they had to play then I would not be annoyed. But it was that and a whole bunch of other factors. I was doing YOUR job, Kalle.

Now as far as me carding you. I am not going to. I don't want to. Maybe I am letting my friendship with you sway my decision, however I just don't want to to do this at all. This is something that can be worked and resolved easily. It just had to be established and there was no pretty way of doing this. MI Brawl has its share of problems but not saying anything about them isn't going to help us as a scene at all. But Im just going to drop this. If I see it again though I won't have a choice. But let's not go down that road. It would suck if I had to card ANYONE in Michigan frankly.

Lastly..about the coaching. I was mad moreso because you lied straight to my face about it and then I hear from 5 other people you did and not even on just one account. I hate it when people do that, I'm sorry. Please don't do that again, Kalle. =/

How about we do a character lock since I was "destoryed".

My :yoshi2: vs Gifts :marth:?
I said he beat you very soundly as Marth. Not "destroyed". I know what words I used.

And if he wants to do that, its fine with me.

I hope this has all been taken care of now. I'm just done, letting things happen and not saying anything. Those days are over.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
How about we do a character lock since I was "destoryed".

My :yoshi2: vs Gifts :marth:?
Why you making me char lock into a character I dont even main? If you want to char lock so bad I'll go :metaknight: :yeahboi:

The last time I actually tried with marth before the 1$ tourny was back in February. lol

Hellsinglover999

Smash Journeyman
RI'm going to interupt this talk about coaching to say that this tourney had quite a few new faces which I liked to see. My friend I brought had a great time and thanks to John(hellsing) for sitting down with her and teach her some stuff. It showed that the community is there to help people get good enough to join.

Anyone have a list of questions we should ask new comers?

i am glad that she had fun though i wish i had thought to teach her to wavedash lol

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I know what words you used too, I can read, I graduated high school. "Very soundly" is close enough to "hey, he beat you fairly easily."
And why did you always go Marth/MK then? Why not a main first :x?
But I don't care, I'll do :yoshi2: v :metaknight:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Because I have some mu experience with my marth against scalas yoshi. I have never played a yoshi before with my mk and didnt know what to do. lol

ZTD | TECHnology

That's fine with me.

$5 Money Match between Gifts :metaknight: and WuvS :yoshi2: confirmed for B.A.M.F 4.

Normal Unity Ruleset rules and Stage List apply. Best 3 out of 5 set. May the best man win.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Umm slight problem... I just realized I wont be there for bamf 4 lmfao. I leave to go see my gf the 11 and come back the 23rd. fail.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tech if efficiency and fun is the key, i want everyone to post something that they would like to see improved so that I can make BAMF 4 the most efficient, fun, and successful local that MI has had. I am under the impression that I'm doing a good job, not great/excellent, as a TO. The only person that has any objections is Tech and I love that he voices his opinion. My only question is how do you suggest I be more time efficient? I didn't play many friendlies (only one I can recall is a salty rematch a :drmario: player wanted after I made the sickest comeback in pools). I did my Melee Pools and Brawl Pools switching between each at 2 separate times i didn't want to pull a lain.

So please, All BAMF attendees. Post what you think I should improve on. I love CnC so please post away!

I will post my Shoutouts eventually lol

ZTD | TECHnology

*face palm*

I guess this will have to wait then. Maybe my tournament?

LMAO.

@Ori: I don't think you're a bad TO, you just need work in some areas. I'll cover stuff later..I'm going to the bar now. Long day at work and then I had to to address all this. Tech need alcohol now.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Yo Tech, when's your next tourney :x? I need to become more active so I need to go to more tourneys.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Dakota, I believe its the 27th in AA. Also, go have fun Derek. I find it funny that MI can get so crazy then can get so chill lol.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
THE HYPE!!!! Alright time for the shoutouts to get this thread back to the norm

1. Lain ($105) - Yoooooooooooo always fun chillin' with you, thanks for some of the tips you gave me.
2. Boxxy ($48) - That plush saved my life Luke, I am in debt to you lol, good job ****** even though you don't play anymore
3. Bowyer ($31) - ggs in pools, god the ending of game 2 sucked
4. WTP ($18) - No tap jump on made me cry game 1 lol, ggs and good placement
5. Tech_Chase ($9) - Snake... say whaaaaaa..... That took me by surprise, too close ggs.
5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) - yeah baby, you rock dat G&W! Bring out the diddy!!!
7. Ori_bro - ggs in pool, nice placement, lol maybe work on consistency though (beating bowyer and losing to others). Who bans BF?!?!?!
7. PzO - didn't play
9. WuvS - didn't play
9. Rabbi Nevins - Yo son, you just need some down time from smash, your burnt out son that's all, take a month or so off and you'll be back with a vegence <3
9. Mr. C - didn't play
9. Mesa - ehhhhh I played well I guess, didn't get bodied by anyone.
13. DRDN - you hypocrite lol, MK!!!!! One step closer to the ultimate goal!
13. Gifts - Yo shake it off, just bad luck and unfortunate circumstances, your getting better and it's clear.
13. JTSM - yo real close games, especially in bracket, you have a great ground game and good setups with nades/c4/mortars, your main problem is recovering, try not cyphering when MK is in range for a SL.
13. Chef - didn't play
--Pools Cutoff--
17. Apasher - fun friendlies, keep working at it, you're young and have a lot of time to get better so don't get down.
17. LOE1 - WTF.... I am speechless about those games, you must of landed 6 farts on me and all but one killed. Try to eliminate some habits you have, I wasn't punishing them hard but I saw them. Don't Fsmash as much and don't use Dsmash, you hit me with it about 5 times but it still sucks as a move, use Nair OoS instead. BIKE COMBO KILL!!!! lol.
17. DTJ Jungle - didn't play
17. D50 - didn't play
17. v1 Ninja - didn't play
17. Harlemn - fun games lol, Spear Pillar CP was fun hahaha

Shoutouts to LOE1 for being the most deceptive player ever in smash.... Him and the crowd all telling me he doesn't have a waft and then killing me at 55% with it for the game =/ that's just dirty lol.

Also Ori I have your copy of melee, totally threw everything in my backpack and left without thinking, I'll give it back next time I see you!

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Ori, I didn't have a problem with how the tournament was run since I think Melee does a good job on keeping things going. The only real problems I had were:

1) Set up the venue better. It was kind of hard to maneuver through all of those chairs sometimes. Maybe push those green couches closer to the wall? I dunno if this is something you can fix since it's probably up to Gamerz Lounge on how they want to set it up.

2) Putting a cap on how many setups can be brought. It really did tick me off that you wouldn't accept my setup. Later on during the day, I come to find out that there is a TV without a set up, so I had to bring out my cube+melee anyways. So I felt like I was cheated out of my venue fee.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I am under the impression that I'm doing a good job, not great/excellent, as a TO. The only person that has any objections is Tech and I love that he voices his opinion.
There is a silent majority that agrees with Tech. I also stated that Tech is right and not being harsh enough.

First, no Pokemon TCG. Just don't do it. Almost every tournament you TO, once bracket has started you are gone forever playing card games. It's not always card games, sometimes it's friendlies, sometimes it's just anything but TO activities. You simply start the tournament then hope everything runs itself. Sometimes it happens even before brackets, and you are gone once registration is done. Usually I see Tech doing the majority of seeding.

Which might be a good thing, because you are very biased in seeding. I fully believe you purposely put WuvS in my pool because he beat me once, and you put WuvS against Gio first round because of the whole "Yoshi is broken" thing Gio often jokes about. I can't remember other specific examples, but you don't seed well. I'm aware that I rejected helping you seed, but that's because I grew tired of becoming the TO at other people's tournaments while just being a player. Plus I hate not having final say.

Back to the tournament running, I'm not sure I've ever seen you enforce a match to be played. You don't go around looking for players and getting them to play their matches. Your never at the TO station for players to find you and ask who they play next. Your tournaments always last way to long, and it's not solely because of Lain. You can't rely on the players to do their matches, you need to go around the venue and make sure everything is running on time. If you want to say something about being in bracket, after your matches spend 10 minutes going around the venue. Figure out who is playing and if people aren't go get them and make them play.

I'm going to point out that I think everyone is bad at TOing. Most of these points can apply to Tech, though not to the same degree. All the biggest Lain issues happen with Tech though, so it's harder to blame him. And apparently he's going to start DQing. Overall, you all are way to lax and hope that tournaments will run smoothly without interference. But TOs need to interfere.

I again extend my services to TO any event for some one, but only as main TO.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Ori, you just need someone at the TO desk at all times. 100% of the time. There were several instances where I saw someone trying to register or asking a question that only you could handle. Each time I had to tell them I unfortunately couldn't help, and to wait for Ori.

Again, what happened to Ham and Rogu? They did a decent job of keeping people informed at the TO desk as far as I can remember.

I also agree with Dre's points about the venue arrangement. It was a nightmare trying to walk over the green couches.

Last thing - start Melee singles way earlier, 4pm at the latest, and update the OP with this info. Doubles shouldn't really be a priority.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Which might be a good thing, because you are very biased in seeding. I fully believe you purposely put WuvS in my pool because he beat me once, and you put WuvS against Gio first round because of the whole "Yoshi is broken" thing Gio often jokes about. I can't remember other specific examples, but you don't seed well.
As far as I saw (cuz I was there most of the time), I thought it was Luke and Tech doing the pools =X not Ori. I thought Ori quickly glanced over it, but didn't make any real changes at all. Don't quote me though~

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
@Abu: You know..you're being a passive aggressive ***** again. I like how you'll talk all this **** online but you wont say anything to us in person. If you're gonnna talk ****, grow a pair and and at least not have an internet personality. I'd respect you if you could say that in person. But you won't so "whatever.

yeah u bich no one likes you!!
you have no friends, no money, and no land

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
I think for the next tourney you should try to declog gamerz lounge a bit, maybe move/remove some of the sofas and stuff to allow more space to manuever.

Also i think that if someone goes through the trouble of bringing a venue setup you should waive their fee like you said you would, its kind of annoying but no big deal, i guess if you are going to cap the venues do it beforehand through a sign up sheet or something.

Other than that i thought it was run pretty well, ill definitelty be back next time to get that 3peat teams title

What's The Point

Smash Master
As far as I saw (cuz I was there most of the time), I thought it was Luke and Tech doing the pools =X not Ori. I thought Ori quickly glanced over it, but didn't make any real changes at all. Don't quote me though~
That really doesn't help.

TOs should let others look at their seeding and give input, but they should be doing the most work.

Plus I was just using what I thought were examples of recent biased seeding. I don't remember other tournaments well enough for examples but I know it's always bad.

3chairz

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts time. I had a lot of fun this tourney, except for squandering like $25 on some dim sum...

=========================================================

1. Duck -> no ethics.
2. Juggleguy -> Good ****. Your sets vs slayer were really entertaining.
3. Slayertokey -> Way to rep that white marth!
4. SCOTU -> I hope to see salty rematch against Slayer next tournament! You and slayer's sets are always really fun to watch.
5. lain -> I didn't see much of your games this tourney, but good **** on placing 5th.
5. Dre -> Beast. Sheik pika is not a free matchup...
7. Kzhu -> salt.
7. HIV+ -> salt.
9. Stratford -> salt from last time.
9. Abu -> Never played! Maybe next time.
9. 3Chairz -> Play fox from now on.
9. Hellsing -> Didn't play. Maybe next time.
13. Ori_bro -> Didn't play, but thxs for running the tourney!
13. Jungle -> DID PLAY. FINALLY WE DID PLAY. Thanks for giving me tips on my fox. Let's play next time as well!
13. WuvS -> Didn't play, didn't meet. Maybe next time!
13. Kinglit -> best of 3?

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
Tech if efficiency and fun is the key, i want everyone to post something that they would like to see improved so that I can make BAMF 4 the most efficient, fun, and successful local that MI has had. I am under the impression that I'm doing a good job, not great/excellent, as a TO. The only person that has any objections is Tech and I love that he voices his opinion. My only question is how do you suggest I be more time efficient? I didn't play many friendlies (only one I can recall is a salty rematch a :drmario: player wanted after I made the sickest comeback in pools). I did my Melee Pools and Brawl Pools switching between each at 2 separate times i didn't want to pull a lain.

So please, All BAMF attendees. Post what you think I should improve on. I love CnC so please post away!

I will post my Shoutouts eventually lol

post the results of the tournament as soon as u can and dont leave any of the results out. i think its kind of a hype killer when the thread is posted 2 days after the tournament.

i still plan on doing a few shout outs

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
@Abu: You know..you're being a passive aggressive ***** again. I like how you'll talk all this **** online but you wont say anything to us in person. If you're gonnna talk ****, grow a pair and and at least not have an internet personality. I'd respect you if you could say that in person. But you won't so "whatever.:phone:

chill out.

10char

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1. Duck - all 6th pillar grand finals, good job wrecking me
2. Juggleguy - learn2fight samus!
3. Slayertokey - fun set, had me sweating near the end there
4. SCOTU - fun set, but laser camping Falcon doesn't really work
5. lain - fun set, I know you can do a lot better, Marth next time!
5. Dre - put in some work at this tourney! I want to see more of this
7. Kzhu - learn2fight fox! see you in Ann Arbor soon
7. HIV+ - impressive pools performance, just gotta carry it over to bracket
9. Stratford - fun set, I wish that crazy boat combo was recorded
9. Abu - dat phantom rest >_> I feel your pain lol
9. 3Chairz - I do not add to my shopping cart. I wish to proceed to checkout
9. Hellsing - back to the old days where we never played friendlies
13. Ori_bro - doing his best Warlock Don impersonation!
13. Jungle - fun set, I'm lucky I had richard practice a couple days before
13. WuvS - fun set, you need to attend more Ann Arbor tourneys!
13. Kinglit - nice friendlies, where's the falco at?

3chairz

Smash Cadet
1. Duck - all 6th pillar grand finals, good job wrecking me
2. Juggleguy - learn2fight samus!
3. Slayertokey - fun set, had me sweating near the end there
4. SCOTU - fun set, but laser camping Falcon doesn't really work
5. lain - fun set, I know you can do a lot better, Marth next time!
5. Dre - put in some work at this tourney! I want to see more of this
7. Kzhu - learn2fight fox! see you in Ann Arbor soon
7. HIV+ - impressive pools performance, just gotta carry it over to bracket
9. Stratford - fun set, I wish that crazy boat combo was recorded
9. Abu - dat phantom rest >_> I feel your pain lol
9. 3Chairz - I do not add to my shopping cart. I wish to proceed to checkout
9. Hellsing - back to the old days where we never played friendlies
13. Ori_bro - doing his best Warlock Don impersonation!
13. Jungle - fun set, I'm lucky I had richard practice a couple days before
13. WuvS - fun set, you need to attend more Ann Arbor tourneys!
13. Kinglit - nice friendlies, where's the falco at?
How do you checkout if you have nothing in the cart?

You might be interested to know that I got tosh addicted to that phrase. Go cart!

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
1. Lain ($105) - Nice seeing you man, You smoke too much man, that 2nd hand is too good! xD

4. WTP ($18) - You got me good even on my CP lol ggs my dude

5. Tech_Chase ($9) - You ***** me.. Good job. lol

5. Oro is Free [Gio] ($9) - Free gio is free

7. Ori_bro - Stay free

7. PzO -Stay free

9. WuvS - Stay free

9. Rabbi Nevins -Stay free

9. Mr. C - I beat xerxes ;p

9. Mesa - Don't think we played but your mk is pretty good

13. DRDN - ........I don't play Smash. ggs though lol

13. Gifts - Saw you friendly my brother a lot lol, nice seeing you

13. JTSM - WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13. Chef - ggs man, you good with the wii mote!! :p

--Pools Cutoff--

17. LOE1 - Way to keep the croud hype ;p

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
dre - good **** beating me, abu, and stratford. i cant wait to play u again. :salty as **** face:

slayer - way to get that $$$. i was impressed with your marth, i did not think u would be able to beat scotu with him. i am pretty bummed about teams tho :c. whatever we got johns

abu - i cant believe our set ended with me killing my self like that :facepalm: and on :rainbowcruise: too :facepalm::facepalm:. now im going to get better at the puff mu.

stratford - crazy good at teams!! pretty salty tho but whatever :ohwell:. i had a lot of fun playing u in friendlys, and i look forward to playing u again.

lain - i wish we got to play. kinda salty from last tournament.

scotu - ggs. id like to play u in some more friendlys at the next tournament.

rob - good stuff taking 2nd. next time u have to stop that :samus: kid

HIV+ U ****ing suck!

hellsing - i dont like ur marth and i hate playing it in tournament lol ;). friendlys r ok tho i guess. $500 mm? :joyful:

3chairz - y u salty?

samus - :glare:

kinglit - ggs :falcomelee: ftw

solo - needs mow ****!

apasher - i can tell you've gotten better even tho u may not think so. u should come to a sf sometime.

bloodyjoker - way to show up late as ****. ur zelda vs my kirby next time we meet.

all of the new smashers - im really glad i got to play with all of u. i hope u guys come out to the next tournament. if any of you have any ?s or just want to play some friendlys feel free to ask. :)

Top Bottom