• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug catchers, unite! Scizor for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman

Join the Bug Catcher Squad! Please post if you support Scizor and would like to be in the Pokemon Bug Catcher's Squad!

Back by popular demand in the Less-than-likely Pokemon Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324301 Scizor was deemed popular enough for his own thread!

While Pokemon has many reps already, many agree that the current roster is lacking at best. Scizor has been extremely popular in the competitive scene in Pokemon and always been a favorite inside and outside of the game! He would be an extremely welcome scene in the new Smash game!

Scizor has been a Pokeball, showing his popularity at least in Melee, when he really had a shot. But there are always time constraints that prevent many non-main streem Pokemon from getting a shot. If we show support for Scizor by himself, perhaps it will plant a seed that may bloom into an actual playable character!

SMASH STYLE: Scizor would be a very slow character on the ground, and very heavy in the air. Being a Steel type Pokemon he is quite heavy. However his slower movement would be a feint to his quicker attacks. Alot of his attacks he would pause for a moment before unleashing the attack. This could lead to very unique mind games and metagaming. He would be a unique character in the fact that while being very slow in movement, his attacks would be surprisingly fast and pack quite a punch!

What Makes him so special: Being a Bug/Steel type Pokemon with a humanoid figure, he would make an extremely unique character in moveset and fighting style. My moveset ideas are just that, ideas! If you have anything else please bring it to the table and i'll post it below!

Colors!
Red of course with some more here!:

Ground
Neutral A - Series of quick jabs leading to a flurry similar to falco in damage/knockback
F-Tilt - Pauses for a moment then strikes very hard and quick. Used to Fake-Out the opponent.
U-Tilt - Jabs upwards with 2 wings for moderate damage/knockback.
D-Tilt - Sideways low but quick kick. Spins to a stand after use.
Dash - Flaps his wings to lunge forward and snap a claw.
Smash Attacks
Forward Smash - Takes a moment to pause before snapping forward with both claws. Good damage and knockback!
Up Smash - Pauses for a moment before unleashing a 1-2-3 claw snaps dealing low to mid damage but with surprisingly high knockback.
Down Smash - Pauses for a moment before snapping his claws to the immediate right and left simultaneously.
B Moves
Neutral B - Bullet Punch: (Charge attack) Scizor focuses before releasing a punch as fast as a bullet! Think Donkey punch. Deals massive shield damage.
Side B - Pursuit: Lunges forward disappearing for a moment then reappearing dealing low damage. Deals high damage to shields. Another way to recover, and escape option.
Down B - Superpower: Scizor bulks up for a moment anticipating an attack. If you attack Scizor during a certain window he will deliver a huge punch back! If he isn't attacked he suffers quite a delay before being able to move again, to regain his strength.
Up B - U-Turn: When activated his wings flap extremely fast and after a moment, flies very quickly straight in the direction you hold after pressing Up B. If it hits with the very end of the attack, it deals massive knockback. If this attacks hits a target at any point during the attack, he does a flip backwards to a safe distance away. If it hits in the air, he jumps off of them in an upward direction. (DI-able)
Aerials
N Air - A series of kicks and punches in an X like fashion, starting from the top right punch, to bottom left kick, followed by top left punch to bottom left kick.
F Air - Snaps one claw forward after a pause. Deals great knockback.
B Air - Flutters his wings dealing combo damage backwards.
D Air - Flutters his wings causing him to drop down while holding out a kick. If the sweet-spot is hit, it turns into a spike.
Grabs
Standard Grab + Hit - Scizor grabs with a claw and holds the target, kicking them until he either throws them or they escape.
U Throw - Throws them above him high enough to deal lots of small damage with his wing flurry before launching them straight upward.
F Throw - Does a flip upward kick, sending them up and forward.
D Throw - Jumps on them with both feet and proceeds to claw them multiple times. Sends them at a diagonal angle.
B Throw - Disappears for a moment and reappears behind the opponent, where it proceeds to side kick the opponent. Sends them at a backwards and down angle.
Taunts
Taunt 1 - Flaps his wings and lets out some steam, while saying "Scizor!"
Taunt 2 - Holds one claw up triumphantly screaming, "Scizor!"
Taunt 3 - Attacks the air furiously.
Final Smash
Final Smash - Mega Scizor: Doesn't do anything to his attacks. However he gets 100% super armor for the duration!

Join me in supporting Scizor is all his Pokemon glory!

Pokemon Bug Catchers!
Ferio_Kun
SmasherMaster
jigglover
UltimateWario
Cobalsh
Cpt.
Kind DeDeDe
Smashoperatingbuddy123
I_hate_usernames
JFM2796
Zzuxon
Masonomace
StaffofSmashing
XionKai
BigShad
Oracle_Summon
Exegguter

Last edited:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Scizor is indeed a cool Pokemon, and I think it would be quite interesting to play as him (nice moveset, by the way). I just don't see it happening at all, and that's mainly due to the fact that we already have quite a few Pokemon characters represented, and any more representation would be given to more familiar, popular, and significant Pokemon.

Also, whether or not his popularity begins to bloom right now is a bit irrelevant. The roster for SSB4, if not already decided upon, is most likely under construction as we speak (so has been the trend for past Smash games). He's a bit late to the game.

D

Deleted member

I think the roster has already been decided if Sakurai building move sets is any indication (barring potential clones/third-party).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the roster has already been decided if Sakurai building move sets is any indication (barring potential clones/third-party).
So we should jsut stop making threads for characters we support? Heck, if Sakurai is done deciding on the roster, why not just stop doing anything in the character threads?

Plus, there's a chance DLC might be implemented this time, so if Sakurai regrets not putting X or Y character in the initial roster, that character could be made avaliable as DLC.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Scizor is indeed a cool Pokemon, and I think it would be quite interesting to play as him (nice moveset, by the way). I just don't see it happening at all, and that's mainly due to the fact that we already have quite a few Pokemon characters represented, and any more representation would be given to more familiar, popular, and significant Pokemon.

Also, whether or not his popularity begins to bloom right now is a bit irrelevant. The roster for SSB4, if not already decided upon, is most likely under construction as we speak (so has been the trend for past Smash games). He's a bit late to the game.
While I agree his chances are slim, this is a Scizor support thread! Let's see some support! :D Also thanks! I think the moveset would be pretty cool too!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Sign me up! Scizor was one of the first steel types, one of the first if not the first sword fighting styled pokemon and one o the first evolution expansion characters

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For what it's worth, while I can't say for sure that I support Scizor for Smash, I will say he is one of the coolest damn Pokemon ever, and would be my coice for a Generation 2 representative.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth, while I can't say for sure that I support Scizor for Smash, I will say he is one of the coolest damn Pokemon ever, and would be my coice for a Generation 2 representative.
I can see this being a large amount of people's feelings towards Scizor. They are mine as well.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Personally Qwilfish is my favourite gen 2 pokemon, but Scizor is (probably) number 2! The pokemon were so damn good back in the day... Also, sign me up to the list, I'd prefer Scizor over Zoroark, in fact, I think he my second most wanted! (behind Snover :troll:)

In regards to your move-set, I feel that aerial ace should be a side B much like Ike's side B. I like pursuit though, and think that it should be his down B like Meta-knight's. I then think his up B should be razor wind (I think it should be in his move-set somewhere since razor wind is sort of iconic to Scyther and Scizor). He charges it up, and then shoots strong razors of wind out of his pincers, the longer you charge, the higher you go. It is mainly a vertical recovery, but you can give it a bit of curve, like a better Lucario's up B, only more powerful and a little less controllable with the plus of charging.
What do you think?

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Personally Qwilfish is my favourite gen 2 pokemon, but Scizor is (probably) number 2! The pokemon were so damn good back in the day... Also, sign me up to the list, I'd prefer Scizor over Zoroark, in fact, I think he my second most wanted! (behind Snover :troll:)

In regards to your move-set, I feel that aerial ace should be a side B much like Ike's side B. I like pursuit though, and think that it should be his down B like Meta-knight's. I then think his up B should be razor wind (I think it should be in his move-set somewhere since razor wind is sort of iconic to Scyther and Scizor). He charges it up, and then shoots strong razors of wind out of his pincers, the longer you charge, the higher you go. It is mainly a vertical recovery, but you can give it a bit of curve, like a better Lucario's up B, only more powerful and a little less controllable with the plus of charging.
What do you think?
I was trying to do the standard competitive set, which would be: Pursuit, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch and Superpower. Wasn't sure how to make one of those his recovery though. Any ideas?

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Does Scizor even have a mouth?
Yeah but it's pretty small. Whenever I thought of this move I always just though he did it with one of his claws. Hence why I was having a hard time trying to fit it in his moveset. Heh.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Why is pursuit and superpower in a standard competitive set anyway? It sounds like a terrible set! If you want an offensive steel type move then I guess bullet punch is the way to go...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why is pursuit and superpower in a standard competitive set anyway? It sounds like a terrible set! If you want an offensive steel type move then I guess bullet punch is the way to go...
According to Serebii, Pursuit is for "revenge kills" against Ghost and Psychics, and Superpower is there to deal with Steel types.Though I don't really play Pokemon seriously anymore, and I never played competitivley, so I wouldn't know. Nvm, what Ferio said.

Yeah but it's pretty small. Whenever I thought of this move I always just though he did it with one of his claws. Hence why I was having a hard time trying to fit it in his moveset. Heh.
Reminds me of that BiTF comic about Pokemon moves.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Superpower checks many of Scizor's counters and is a way to deal with other Steel types. Pursuit traps any psychic/ghost type that can really do nothing to Scizor to begin with (besides possibly burn him) and OHKO's them. And Bullet Punch/Bug Bite just deal MASSIVE damage on a choice banded Scizor. OHKOing anything with low to medium defense even!

Scizor has an ability called technician that boosts the damage of all of these moves by 50%, and with choice band another 50%. If they try and switch out, pursuit's damage raises by another 100%. With all these boosts you can see how dangerous it can get. And with a base attack of 130, Adamant Scizor can tear things apart.

It's Bullet punch has priority 1 (always goes first save extremespeed which is not very effective against scizor anyway...) and starts at 40 power, technician boosted to 60, STAB boosted to 90, choice band boosted to 135. That's a STRONG priority move and really wrecks faces. Bug bite being the last move in the set has the same thing as bullet punch but starts at 60 power. (60, 90, 135, 203) BAM!

Needless to say he's a great pokemon over all with near-perfect coverage between those 4 moves. The only thing it really fears are burns and intimidates which drastically reduce it's effectiveness.

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Pursuit is only barely decent if you can figure out what your opponents going to do and use it that turn, in other words it's useless, especially since the majority of trainers only switch pokemon if absolutely necessary. You've probably guessed that I do play pokemon competitively, Superpower is there to deal with steel types. Hmm... Brick break anyone? Plus, Scizor can only learn superpower via a move tutor is black/white 2. I don't exactly like a move which is currently impossible to teach Scizor outside of Japan in his move-set. Plus, I don't use it much, but you need to recharge after you use it don't you? Brick break would be less powerful, but extremely quick and better in Scizor's smash moveset anyway. Also, that move-set can't counter Scizor's double weakness, fire, so it's pretty bad in that respect too.

Ferio_Kun, I recognised bullet punch and bug bite being major moves, I put that in my post, (by the way, I would never give a pokemon a life orb, it seems pretty drastic and just shortens the amount of time it can wreak havoc, I've only ever given a life orb to my Mawile when I went to a tournament, it worked out pretty well, I'm glad to say and she won it for me!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that I know is that Scizor is a monster with its Technician boosted Bullet Punches. In fact, no one can take full advantage of Technician like Scizor can.

Anyway, in terms of being a Smash Bros. competitor, Scizor really isn't the greatest option to consider.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Pursuit is only barely decent if you can figure out what your opponents going to do and use it that turn, in other words it's useless, especially since the majority of trainers only switch pokemon if absolutely necessary. You've probably guessed that I do play pokemon competitively, Superpower is there to deal with steel types. Hmm... Brick break anyone? Plus, Scizor can only learn superpower via a move tutor is black/white 2. I don't exactly like a move which is currently impossible to teach Scizor outside of Japan in his move-set. Plus, I don't use it much, but you need to recharge after you use it don't you? Brick break would be less powerful, but extremely quick and better in Scizor's smash moveset anyway. Also, that move-set can't counter Scizor's double weakness, fire, so it's pretty bad in that respect too.

Ferio_Kun, I recognised bullet punch and bug bite being major moves, I put that in my post, (by the way, I would never give a pokemon a life orb, it seems pretty drastic and just shortens the amount of time it can wreak havoc, I've only ever given a life orb to my Mawile when I went to a tournament, it worked out pretty well, I'm glad to say and she won it for me!)
Trainers switching out is all based on playing singles or doubles. While I agree in doubles you almost never switch out unless you absolutely have to, in singles it happens constantly in highly competitive games.

The point of pursuit is to simply trap an opponents psychic or ghost types. They basically stay in and die, or switch out and die. Plus is 40 power which is boosted by technician. Making it 50, 60, 90 power, and then 80, 120, 180 on the switch out.

Superpower does not make you recharge, but simply lose 50% attack and defense after use. So it's not as ideal as Brick Break that way, but many prefer it especially on choice band scizor due to its 120 base, 180 power after choice band, over brick breaks 75 to 113 power, the power difference is very noticable.

Scizor can't counter his double weakness to fire with any set, so that's kind of a moot point.

Go check out www.smogon.com for some sweet info on the competitive Pokemon scene. They even have a battle simulator where you can just make up a set and fight with it without having to raise them yourself. Once you've gone there you'll see where i'm coming from more.

Either way the movesets are always a stretch in Smash, or at least aren't the standard competitive movesets. You would never give a Charizard Rock Smash competitively, or a Lucario would never have Double-Team or Force Palm.

I'm not saying your moveset is wrong just that from what I've seen on competitive forums they just see it differently. That's the beauty of Pokemon though, some of the strangest movesets can really surprise you!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
All that I know is that Scizor is a monster with its Technician boosted Bullet Punches. In fact, no one can take full advantage of Technician like Scizor can.

Anyway, in terms of being a Smash Bros. competitor, Scizor really isn't the greatest option to consider.
It's a GREAT option to consider. However, sadly it's chances are slim to none. Leaning toward the none side. :( But I feel like it at least deserves support from those fans clinging onto hope... :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering Sakurai previously rejected him, I'd say his chances were pretty much nothing. It's true that just because he was rejected once doesn't mean he couldn't show up later, but I very much doubt Sakurai would even go back to consider a character like Scizor a second time.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him, he's one of my favorites from the 2nd gen (and alot of other peoples'), but it's never going to happen. Hopefully he does return as a Pokeball Pokemon though.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Considering Sakurai previously rejected him, I'd say his chances were pretty much nothing. It's true that just because he was rejected once doesn't mean he couldn't show up later, but I very much doubt Sakurai would even go back to consider a character like Scizor a second time.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him, he's one of my favorites from the 2nd gen (and alot of other peoples'), but it's never going to happen. Hopefully he does return as a Pokeball Pokemon though.
Very true! At least we can hope for a Pokeball if nothing else!

D

Deleted member

Scizor definitely needs to return as a Poke Ball summon.
I always panic when one pops out.

jigglover

Smash Lord

I don't think Sakurai has ever actually mentioned Scizor, to me, it seems that because he's a pokeball pokemon, he was actually considered, as might a few of the other pokeball pokemon.
Rejected? He wasn't in a game so he was rejected... I believe this has been sorted on rate their chances...

D

Deleted member

@shinpichu: Never stated that there shouldn't be one for him. All I said was that the roster has been decided with a few possible exception.

D

Deleted member

jigglover, as I said REPEATEDLY, Sakurai didn't find any of the popular Johto Pokemon feasible.
This includes Scizor.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Trainers switching out is all based on playing singles or doubles. While I agree in doubles you almost never switch out unless you absolutely have to, in singles it happens constantly in highly competitive games.

The point of pursuit is to simply trap an opponents psychic or ghost types. They basically stay in and die, or switch out and die. Plus is 40 power which is boosted by technician. Making it 50, 60, 90 power, and then 80, 120, 180 on the switch out.

Superpower does not make you recharge, but simply lose 50% attack and defense after use. So it's not as ideal as Brick Break that way, but many prefer it especially on choice band scizor due to its 120 base, 180 power after choice band, over brick breaks 75 to 113 power, the power difference is very noticable.

Scizor can't counter his double weakness to fire with any set, so that's kind of a moot point.

Go check out www.smogon.com for some sweet info on the competitive Pokemon scene. They even have a battle simulator where you can just make up a set and fight with it without having to raise them yourself. Once you've gone there you'll see where i'm coming from more.

Either way the movesets are always a stretch in Smash, or at least aren't the standard competitive movesets. You would never give a Charizard Rock Smash competitively, or a Lucario would never have Double-Team or Force Palm.

I'm not saying your moveset is wrong just that from what I've seen on competitive forums they just see it differently. That's the beauty of Pokemon though, some of the strangest movesets can really surprise you!
That web-site is really good, though the battle simulator is down right now... :(
I still switch out pokemon very rarely in competitive battling, I generally just give my pokemon the types that affect the most types, prioritizing weakness'. For a competitive set I'd give Scizor, it'd be bullet punch, brick break, bug buzz, for singles I'd give him venoshock, and for doubles I'd send him out with a water type and make Scizor use rain dance. Superpower is a last resort, period. The only last resort move I'd give a pokemon is the appropriately named last resort, and that doesn't seem a last resort in my eyes. I still don't see how pursuit is useful, are you telling me that if you use it once, then the ghost and psychic type you're up against wouldn't dare switching out? If that is the case, then how would scizor actually be a threat if that is your only combatant to those two types anyway?

D

Deleted member

Does it mean he was rejected though? And sakurai doesn't think of pokemon by generation, as you have also said repeatedly!
You are really trying my patience.
THINK: Since Sakurai didn't find any of the newer Pokemon feasible, then YES, HE REJECTED THEM. INCLUDING SCIZOR.

And I didn't say anything about him looking at these Pokemon by Generation, so your point on what I said earlier is irrelevant.
What I did say (unless you didn't understand) is that he pretty much looked at the newer Pokemon (at the time being Johto) to see if any of the popular ones could fit (not because they were new, but because they were popular). He didn't find any.

And yet he had to choose that suicidal, pint sized electrical rat. -_-

Who else would he have picked that could logically be a clone (and note, Pichu being a Johto Pokemon wasn't why he was chosen as a clone)?

The only other option for Pikachu would have been Raichu, but Pichu was far more popular and had the charm of being a joke.

For Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff doesn't share a body type (and is like Raichu in that is is heavily overshadowed by it's pre-evolution), and Igglybuff would be worse of an idea than Pichu due to not being as popular.

Mew doesn't share a body type with Mewtwo, and may have been deemed unfeasible otherwise.

jigglover

Smash Lord
You are really trying my patience.
THINK: Since Sakurai didn't find any of the newer Pokemon feasible, then YES, HE REJECTED THEM. INCLUDING SCIZOR.

And I didn't say anything about him looking at these Pokemon by Generation, so your point on what I said earlier is irrelevant.
What I did say (unless you didn't understand) is that he pretty much looked at the newer Pokemon (at the time being Johto) to see if any of the popular ones could fit (not because they were new, but because they were popular). He didn't find any.

Who else would he have picked that could logically be a clone (and note, Pichu being a Johto Pokemon wasn't why he was chosen as a clone)?

The only other option for Pikachu would have been Raichu, but Pichu was far more popular and had the charm of being a joke.

For Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff doesn't share a body type (and is like Raichu in that is is heavily overshadowed by it's pre-evolution), and Igglybuff would be worse of an idea than Pichu due to not being as popular.

Mew doesn't share a body type with Mewtwo, and may have been deemed unfeasible otherwise.
Johto is generation 2 (and remakes in 4). Mewtwo was in and that was becayse he was planned for 64 and was a popular addition for melee. Pichu was probably winning quite a few pokemon polls at the time. Honestly, a lot of Scizor's popularity came with the new moves in sinnoh, since a majority of his popularity is from the 'hard-core' (how I hate that word) gamers.

D

Deleted member

That has absolutely no bearing on anything. Whatsoever.

Scizor was popular in Melee's time, it's even mentioned in its trophy.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
That has absolutely no bearing on anything. Whatsoever.

Scizor was popular in Melee's time, it's even mentioned in its trophy.
It's true! He was the first Steel type which made people really take a look at him, and frankly the best user of Technician bar none! (Hitmontop does decently but doesn't have anything on Scizor)

He looks amazing, and has awesome moves. This is why he was popular inside and outside of the game. Being amazing in the top tier of the Pokemon game doesn't hurt, either!

I just want to say... Scizor FTW!

D

Deleted member

Well then he's even more popular now!
Not as popular as you think.
I mean, I can easily say that Blissey is very popular in the same vein just because it's a commonly used Pokemon in competitive battling. (At least what I remember)

Now, I'm not trying to hate on Scizor, as I find Scizor to be very cool. It's just I don't like it when people try to claim things that just aren't true.

Would I like Scizor in Smash? Sure.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
That web-site is really good, though the battle simulator is down right now... :(
I still switch out pokemon very rarely in competitive battling, I generally just give my pokemon the types that affect the most types, prioritizing weakness'. For a competitive set I'd give Scizor, it'd be bullet punch, brick break, bug buzz, for singles I'd give him venoshock, and for doubles I'd send him out with a water type and make Scizor use rain dance. Superpower is a last resort, period. The only last resort move I'd give a pokemon is the appropriately named last resort, and that doesn't seem a last resort in my eyes. I still don't see how pursuit is useful, are you telling me that if you use it once, then the ghost and psychic type you're up against wouldn't dare switching out? If that is the case, then how would scizor actually be a threat if that is your only combatant to those two types anyway?
Picture this. I lead with infernape, weak to Psychic. I choose Close Combat. The foes predicts this and switches to say... Allakhazam for simplicity. Infernape can't do anything to Allakhazam and Allakhazam prepares Psychic to one hit KO Infernape. So instead of just letting him die, I swap to Scizor to and eat the Psychic, being not very effective due to his steel typing, probably still dealing a good 20-30% damage due to Allakhazams crazy high Special attack.

The next turn Allakhazam will die. He has no choice. I ready Pursuit which with Scizors really high attack, will one hit KO him whether he switches or not. If he stays in he can deal another 20% to me but then will die. Now that he's out of the picture my Infernape is unchecked and now proceeds to come in at a later time to wreck the rest of the opponents team.

That's what I mean about trapping. There is litterally nothing Allakhazam can do to stop it's demise. This tactic isn't Allakhazam only either. Works on every Psychic/Ghost Pokemon that isn't super tanky. And even those will die if they switch out on Scizor with Pursuit! If not they take a good 60-70% of their life in 1 hit. Even if they burn Scizor on that turn they will at least die the next turn by another Pursuit. It also hits any non-fighting or steel type for neutral damage which could one hit KO a Pokemon with weaker defense!

It's more useful then one might think. :)

jigglover

Smash Lord
The thing is though, is that besides umbreon, those are the only two pokemon in which pursuit poses much of a threat. Most Alakazam's I run across have fire punch in their move-set, and I generally give him it as well sue to the many Scizors (and sometimes parasects) I run into. Alakazam uses fire punch, you could very well predict this and switch back to infernape, but then he is weak to Psychic again, so one of them has to faint. Pursuit won't help you there, since it's likely not to be a OHKO, but a stronger super-affective attack would. If he is up against a good Alakazam then pursuit would be no use to him.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Maybe Scizor and Heracross were not considered because the had wings. Falco uses his wings as arms not as actually wings like Charizard and Pit do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom