• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug catchers, unite! Scizor for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
Scizor might be my favorite Steel-Type pokemon! I could see him playable!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ok I understand it is a little late in the game, but I'm going to put this up here anyway.

Scizor

About

Scizor is the evolved form of Scyther hailing from generation 2 (an unrepresented generation in Smash I might add).

This Bug/Steel powerhouse takes great pride in having one of the highest base attack stats in the game, 130. He has the 17th highest attack out of every pokemon, also my old soccer team number :), and when we exclude legendary pokemon his place jumps up to 12th best. Scizor defensive power is also nothing to laugh at having 100 base defense (seen as very good in competitive play). Being a Bug/Steel monstrosity, his only, and let me emphasize that ONLY, weakness is fire. His special defense is pretty average as well. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!! When this badass Mega Evolves, his base attack jumps up to 150 and his defense to 140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically Scizor is a walking tank. Try to get up close and personal with it and there is no chance of survival.

Arguements and Counters
A: Why Should We Get Scizor Over Mewtwo or Sceptile?

C: Well you see *points finger* .... uh .... hmmmm .... idk, we probably shouldn't, but that doesn't matter because he is really cool!!!

A: Scizor Isn't Relevant!

C: Yes he is! He has a Mega Evolution in generation 6 and he represents generation 2, an unrepresented generation.

A: No one likes Scizor!!!

C: YOU, SIR, NEED TO GO BACK TO THE POKEMON ACADEMY!!!

Stats and Uniqueness

In the world of pokemon Scizor has a great ability known as technician which makes all of his weak attacks 1.5x stronger. Yes as I have said before he is a powerhouse. However, something like that wouldn't really work in Smash. There for I can see Scizor not having an ability, but having a lot of super-armor. Being a steel type, he does have a LOT of resistances. It would be cool if he resisted certain attacks based on the attack type i.e. psychic, ice, grass, steel, normal, fairy, dragon, bug. He is also imune to poison, but idk if there is any poison in Smash.

Running Speed :212::212:

Falling Speed :212::212::212::212:

Jump Height :212::212: (3+ jumps)

Weight :212::212::212::212:

Close Combat :212::212::212::212::212:

Ranged Combat :212:

Scizor has great uniqueness in that he is a heavy weight that is normal sized. He is 5'11 weighing 260.1 lbs. (since he is part metal). Another thing that makes him very unique is that he has wings which allow him to fly. Sure we have 3DeDe as a heavy air character, but he is floaty which Scizor is not. Scizor would have great aerial mobility and fast falling speed, opposite to 3DeDe.

Attacks

Scizor main moves are

Bullet Punch: A tough punch that moves as fast as a bullet. This is Scizor's main move. Even though he is not a super fast character, this move more than makes up for it. 18%

Pursuit: Scizor follows a fleeing target to the ends of the earth with this move, dealing move damage is the foes back is facing you. 10% - 20%

Iron Defense: A move that hardens the users body. When Scizor uses this move (a likely down special) he his take half damage and half knock back.

Agility: A move that doubles the users speed. Probably a side special move. It could end up being like Fox amd Falco's ghost, but I think it should be a temporary character boost that makes Scizor's running and attack speed quicker (it would need a charge).

Swords Dance: Another candidate for side special, though it could be a neutral special. This would temporarily increase the damage that Scizor deals.

X-Scissor: A strong move that deals damage by slashing in an X shape (probably a side A or smash move). 16% or 24%

Furry Cutter: A move that deals more damage to more times you hit n opponent in a row with it. Probably a neutral A > 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%, 15%. Or side A > 9%, 12%, 15%, 18%, 21%.

U-Turn: Scizor hits the opponent and is then returned back to a defensive position. 10%

Night Slash: may deal extra damage. 14% or 21%

Iron Head: Scizor rams the opponent with its strong steel head. A likely dash, Uair, U A, or U Smash 14% or 24%

Final Smash: Mega Scizor

Scizor's attack and defense stats go through the roof. Slight speed increase.​

Supporter's

Kind DeDeDe​

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Just posted my own little love fest for this guy in the Uniqueness thread as well. Amazed he hasn't already had lots of love, he's easily one of the most OU pokemon in the competitive scene. Add me to the supporters, he'll need all he can get just to reach 5 by E3 lol

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Just posted my own little love fest for this guy in the Uniqueness thread as well. Amazed he hasn't already had lots of love, he's easily one of the most OU pokemon in the competitive scene. Add me to the supporters, he'll need all he can get just to reach 5 by E3 lol
Yeah haha. I'm going to pray for Smash 4 and hope for 5 here :p

Nice post on the uniqueness tier list BTW. I'll add you to supporters!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
This thread is soooo old!!!!!!!!! Add me to supporters haha oh and Kind DeDeDe

Nice recolors BTW!

Last edited:

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
This thread may be old, but my love for Scizor never dies! I'll add you three!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im in scizor is way better choice and pichu.

Plus he was not shown as a pokeball pokemon yet

Not a good chance for playable but if DLC characters confirms i think he will get a spot.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Supporting a 3 page 2 year old char thread? Anything for my beautiful bug!

Ohh, Ohh, we can be like a hipster thread! Let me grab my colourful scarf and favorite frappa-latte!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I supose for a alternate costume for scizor would be what ever that scizor disguise was in that episode with the little girls scizor vandilizing pokemon faces with a marker.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
How hipster of you to use a choice scarf on a Scizor when he already has Bullet Punch
Little did everyone know choice scarf was the least hipster scarf.

/RedScarf /ActuallyHipster

(slashtags because u no)

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All my yes.
I bestow it upon this thread.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Damndify it feels good to check up & visit any other pkmn support threads, shoutouts to Scizor & the Bug Catchers maining him:shades:.
By far one of my fav Gen.2 pkmn let alone one of my favorite Bugs! I don't have a move-set ready or anything I just got here. . .but mm mm mm you have my Support!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Yep, scizor is def my favorite gen 2 pokemon by far! And tied to volcarona as my favorite pokemon of all time!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
This would be an awesome character. Scizor is one of my favorite pokemon and would be a great smash fighter. I wish he got into melee instead of Pichu.

Unfortunately, his chances of being in Smash 4 seem pretty low at this point, but DLC is definitely a possibility. I'd be very pleased to see Scizor in Smash 4.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For a random Pokemon, Scizor does okay on my poll, at least when compared to other Pokemon who are non veterans.

I like Scizor well enough. I'd prefer Genesect when it comes to a bug rep, but I would definitely play as Scizor in Smash.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Scizor is one of the best Pokemon period. Not only is he cleverly designed, he oozes cool.

Each generation has a bipedal badass that is made for Smash. I'd argue that they are:

1. Mewtwo
2. Scizor
3. Blaziken
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
6. Greninja

Unfortunately, some of them miss the boat for Smash, but should always be on the list for retro gen inclusions.

I'd be happy if he made it back as a Pokeball though.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
1. Mewtwo
2. Scizor
3. Blaziken???
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
6. Greninja

Unfortunately, some of them miss the boat for Smash, but should always be on the list for retro gen inclusions.

Sorry m8, but I think you misspelled "Forgot Leg Day"

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I miss his Pokeball. . .along with the Beedrill pokeball from 64. I quoted because I wasn't absolutely sure but wasn't Scizor's attack almost a OHKO? My memory is faded so I imagined his re-debut as a pokeball to say the least intimidating & put players on the ledge for their wussy invinci-frames:shades:.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I miss his Pokeball. . .along with the Beedrill pokeball from 64. I quoted because I wasn't absolutely sure but wasn't Scizor's attack almost a OHKO? My memory is faded so I imagined his re-debut as a pokeball to say the least intimidating & put players on the ledge for their wussy invinci-frames:shades:.
Yeah, I really wish they'd get rid of these cutesy, later gen pokeballs. Bring back Scizor, Beedrill, Hitmon-lee and Onix!

My three favorite Pokemon are Mewtwo, Scizor and Bulbasaur. Ivysaur was a good substitution, but a playable Scizor would be absolutely beautiful. He's more of a Nintendo All Star than Chorus Kids, or even Greninja.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Lol it's funny seeing this thread... I was just ev training a Scizor before logging on. He will never be playable at this point but I would pass out from excitement if he got added.

We need a steel type that actually looks like one lol. Lucario doesn't do it.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Agreed @ Espio264 Espio264 & @ verysleepywolf verysleepywolf , Scizor with that Steel representation adds more aura steel to the game. Inb4 Metal Box Scyther trolls coming in & quoting my post but he needs to return to the battlefield as something. Whether it be Pokeball summon, DLC or miraculously a playable character in the roster.:love:

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
The thing keeping Scizor from smash is he is not the ba-zing of the Pokemon looking for in Smash. Icons are needed in the generations. Coming from Gen 2 ar Pokes like Tyranitar or bringing Pichu back.
Though my argument is cheap, so support!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Gen 2 rep, bug rep, fun pokemon.
But playstyle would not seem to offer all that much unique to me, and otherwise doesn't offer too much unique to pokemon from my perspective

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Sign me up! This set looks awesome, and I'd so play the green costume.

(but no Bug Bite?! For shame! :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom