• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug catchers, unite! Scizor for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Masonomace Masonomace Funny we exactly like the same characters and want the same alts :D :D

Anyways @ op. Bullet punch should be fast not a focus attack.
=D

Man. . .I can't even think of a radical move-set for Scizor. . .He has wings & he skates across the ground shown in spin-off Pokemon titles like Colosseum & XD Gale of Darkness. That alone sounds AWESOME. Kind of like Bowser grinding across the ground 'riding' forward, Scizor's running animation could be skating forward to express how heavy he is. Again Heavyweights are really needed. . .

What do you think @ Ferio_Kun Ferio_Kun ?

Edit: In the OP, Red Scizor being the default would be his original color for Red Team for Team Battle. The Green & Blue are a must, unless making the light green shiny alt being his Green Team color & as Shiny representation from the games as well. Gold & Silver alterantes are genius because Generation 2 G&S. I see you @ Ferio_Kun Ferio_Kun :smirk:. One last notion about the color costumes is possibly making the blue also as crystal-like to express the 3rd installment of the 2nd Generation as well.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
*Comes into thread*
*Sees Bullet Punch as a chargeable attack*

No. Just NO. Bullet Punch would be his Side B. It's a move that's all about speed. It may be really powerful in Scizor's hands, but turning a priority attack into a chargeable (thus making it the slowest attack in his move set) is just wrong.

*Leaves*
Have to find my move set I posted in a different thread but I had Bullet Punch as his side b with Swords Dance being his chargeable B move.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
=D

Man. . .I can't even think of a radical move-set for Scizor. . .He has wings & he skates across the ground shown in spin-off Pokemon titles like Colosseum & XD Gale of Darkness. That alone sounds AWESOME. Kind of like Bowser grinding across the ground 'riding' forward, Scizor's running animation could be skating forward to express how heavy he is. Again Heavyweights are really needed. . .

What do you think @ Ferio_Kun Ferio_Kun ?

Edit: In the OP, Red Scizor being the default would be his original color for Red Team for Team Battle. The Green & Blue are a must, unless making the light green shiny alt being his Green Team color & as Shiny representation from the games as well. Gold & Silver alterantes are genius because Generation 2 G&S. I see you @ Ferio_Kun Ferio_Kun :smirk:. One last notion about the color costumes is possibly making the blue also as crystal-like to express the 3rd installment of the 2nd Generation as well.
Sounds like a cool idea to me! I will try and think of some more color ideas. I think a jet black Scirzor would be pretty awesome, too.

Last edited:

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Have to find my move set I posted in a different thread but I had Bullet Punch as his side b with Swords Dance being his chargeable B move.
You make a fair point, sir. How would you see bullet punch working? I was thinking of the charge being like
DKs punch. So you can charge it and then when you use it, it comes out SUPER fast. So it is still a fast attack it just depends on how much damage you want to do.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You make a fair point, sir. How would you see bullet punch working? I was thinking of the charge being like
DKs punch. So you can charge it and then when you use it, it comes out SUPER fast. So it is still a fast attack it just depends on how much damage you want to do.
Bullet Punch isn't, and shouldn't be chargeable. It's a low power move (40 Power! Even with Technician and STAB, it only gets up to 90!).

I would envision it more like Ike's Side-B. You use it, and Scizor dashes to the side very quickly. It's not the best damage move, but it does have good knockback, and a brief period of super armor. It's activation speed and side-dashing mean it can be used similar to Jigglypuff's Pound to give Scizor a little extra side recovery (though Scizor drops much faster than Jigglypuff, so it won't have as much utility in that regard).

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Bullet Punch isn't, and shouldn't be chargeable. It's a low power move (40 Power! Even with Technician and STAB, it only gets up to 90!).

I would envision it more like Ike's Side-B. You use it, and Scizor dashes to the side very quickly. It's not the best damage move, but it does have good knockback, and a brief period of super armor. It's activation speed and side-dashing mean it can be used similar to Jigglypuff's Pound to give Scizor a little extra side recovery (though Scizor drops much faster than Jigglypuff, so it won't have as much utility in that regard).
This answers my reasoning to have Bullet Punch be a side special. I'd also agree it should be used as his main recovery in comparison to his up special since he is a steel type. Lucario really annoys me being more fighting in this game than his steel. Anyways, bullet punch should reach a great distance with great knockback while dealing minimal damage. Of course he's vulnerable after use just like in the Pokemon series.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd love to see Scizor playable or at least return as a PokéBall Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom