• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Muzga depends what places you went and asked for jobs. Places like Coles, Big W, Target etc you need to keep bugging them everyday about your aplication form or whats going on otherwise they just forget you and never reply back.

There is this bottle factory i might go ask to work there since the guy we know somtimes brings us free orange juices and pinapple juice that tast good in it's little glass bottle so i might actually go there and see if they will let me work there. Usually with these factorys you get free stuff aswell so thats the good thing. The bad thing is their pay might be alittle low but after all money does not buy happiness.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah hair dressers suck, I used to have a buzzcut when younger, about 13 I started growing, went to get a haircut about 15 and they really stuffed it, instead of a trim/tidy up they gave me the worlds most awful hair cut and took it short again, so I let it grow. I've had 2 trims since then. I officially only trust female hair dressers.

Eh beard or no beard you still look scruffy, keep it IMO XD

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol, I was joking about winning alzi. I don't expect to win, but I will be trying harder this time.

I practice about an hour a day on training, but not with D3.

I just want to see how I do at the next tourney. My goal is top 3. :)

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Muzga don't be so depressed_ Looking for work blows and i'm sure there are a few people out there in the same situation_ I know labour hire companies usually have some work floating about although i can't ever guarantee any form of work being enjoyable unless it's a job you really really want_ Beard shouldn't put people off and yes if you shave it you lose your street cred and i lol at you_

Haircuts blow but it depends if you know what to do with your hair_ If you are lazy then you'll never really be happy with a haircut unless you can be half arsed to do something involving wax and 5 minutes of your time_ I just get Babbs to cut my hair and it usually turns out just as good as paying someone to do it_ Either that or just go skinhead or mohawk_ Easiest harcuts_

I've been too caught up in school to organise anything so if anyone is able to organise the next tournament i think everyone would be greatful_ Nice work on aiming to be the top Jupz_ I still haven't had the chance to vs you yet_

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Sounds good Trav_

On a side note_ Has anyone had the opportunity to play the 'tournament viable' Brawl+ build lately_? I'd like some thoughts and feedback on this as i have been playing it much more frequently and can see it's potential in becoming a possible side tournament for anybody interested_ Seems more balanced than Brawl currently and has a few nice features/ stage rebuilds that offer a bit more variety to the game_

I haven't had an opportunity to trial Mics proposed 'Balanced Brawl' so if anyone would like to comment about it in comparison to Brawl+_ Anyways /Discuss_

Richard7

Smash Ace
Sounds good Trav_

On a side note_ Has anyone had the opportunity to play the 'tournament viable' Brawl+ build lately_? I'd like some thoughts and feedback on this as i have been playing it much more frequently and can see it's potential in becoming a possible side tournament for anybody interested_ Seems more balanced than Brawl currently and has a few nice features/ stage rebuilds that offer a bit more variety to the game_

I haven't had an opportunity to trial Mics proposed 'Balanced Brawl' so if anyone would like to comment about it in comparison to Brawl+_ Anyways /Discuss_
I'll try it out, just link me to the thread for the PAL brawl +.

Jupz

Smash Master
I don't have brawl+ and I'll probably never end up getting it so I'd rather just spend more time doing friendlies or crew battles then have a brawl+ side tourney. Of course if I get outvoted, I don't really mind :p

Also I can't make it on the 15th :(

I can't make it on any saturdays :(

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Of course Sunday is always an option I'm just tryog to cater to majority, please tell me which you prefer or if youare fine with both.

Open to all side tournament suggestions majority decides what we have :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I was thinking of creating a new game simmiler to crew battles but we each have certain amount of stocks and everyone has to play that player. So 12 people on each team they decide on what character to choose to play and you set the stock to 12. So you play and if you loose a stock the next person comes in. The key to this game is to choose a wise character as a team.

... Yeah metaknight and the others are banned in this game.

August 15th is my birthday. :D So maybe a diffrent day.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I'll try it out, just link me to the thread for the PAL brawl +.
Yeah no problem it can be downloaded here http://brawlplus.net/download/ _ This leads you to the official site so i recommend also looking at the changelist etc_

I will admit i was harshly skeptical about Brawl+ but decided i should try it before i make my opinion stand_ I recommend everybody try this for at least a week before also making judgement_

My comments about it are due to the fact that this download is labelled as a tournament viable version so i would like feedback on whether or not anyone else feels this is tournament viable in terms of a side event_

What do you have planned for your bday bash Alzi_?

Alzi

Smash Master
Well i have currently have planned nothing just like all the other years. Since i was small i never really held and birthday parties. Looks like it will be the same this year.
Jupz crew battles are fun since everyone is watching on one t.v makes it more intense. Although it sucks when you loose to your opponent lol.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Personal Preferance for side event
1- Crew battle
2- Brawl +
3- Tatsunoko vs Capcom
4- Mario Kart Wii
5- Dance Dance revolution..okay maybe not :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Brawl+ could be difficult to run as not everyone has their wii modded, also I can't seem to set-up B+ properly, I put the gameconfig file in the root of my SD card and put the RSBP01 (or whatever it was) in the codes file but when i loaded it up through gecko I was still playing vBrawl

So far it looks like singles, crew, and maybe either doubles or a low tier tourney.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh yeah forgot that doubles went first last time. We can only do that with a all day tourney though since we definatly have enough time.

Jupz

Smash Master
Anyone wanna come over to practice brawl tomorrow? I need human practice :p

I live in the Carine/Duncraig/Karrinyup area.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Doubles is fun, with a good partner.
Jupz I demand you dont show for this tourney so I can team with Trav ^_^
Awww <3 you too Marty. Ric helped me and I have Brawl+ working now, getting my textures to work still eludes me though :(

This tourney if I can hold one will be an all day tournament so we'll have time.

Jupz any other day I would come but I have 2 physics assignments due and a english essay on monday.

Jupz

Smash Master
Awesome ric.

I'll be on msn most of the night.

I understand trav, the only reason I'm able to this time is because I only have around 1.5 hours of homework which I can do tomorrow night :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I have a science test on Monday. Friday after school i was at my locker getting my bag and i had a quick 3 second option of grabbing my science book and studying but i didn't i just took the bag. I should do alright and i'm not doing science next year anyway so all is good.

Also yay for Lord Bowser for holding a tourney. So if you do host one will it be doubles first then singles? Doubles feels like a warm up before the real thing haha.

But first tourney Vlade hosted there i still can't understand how on earth 31 or so people showed up and the other times he hosted there less people came. :( The other two were missing Jupz aswell. I'm still going to have to vs you since last time our match had to end.

I am going to go to sleep now or maybe just browse around alittle more then go to bed.

Top Bottom