• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Muzga

Smash Ace
Youre just sad that i didnt lose to anyone from the eastern states. perth players are just too ****, i couldnt handle it

Muzga

Smash Ace
dont worry man, if you were at squat youd know that weve got a good sense of humour on our heads <3

swordsaint

Smash Master
I saw some of the posts. Man, I lurk the Perth threads all the time, they're just too good. :p

I might get a job too, or just go back to tafe. Either way, money enters my hand and I'll go there eventually. =D

dont worry man, if you were at squat youd know that weve got a good sense of humour on our heads <3
Is it your face? oh ho ho
jks <3

Muzga

Smash Ace
Oh its being organised. anyone who wants to be a part of the committee should let me know. You need to be able to contribute something that isnt a poster though

True Romance

Smash Ace
If any one wants to come round mine at 1pm, I wont set the dogs on you, and we may even play some smash.

Though if you are interested let me know as I might need to acquire another set up if too many people are wanting to come.

MTGod

Smash Champion
JUST A NOTE FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN NORTH V SOUTH AND DON'T ENJOY READING MY POSTS:::

So, noticing the lack of discussion about NvS Laser tag attendance, we'll try and get enough people (20+) for the 31st of January... If it doesn't happen, I do believe we should start looking for an alternate starter event for NvS, given that the holidays will be over for school peeps and thus events that finish at 1am on Monday will be inconsiderate :p

There you go, you can now skip the rest of my post if you're not enjoying the prospect of my input on previous discussion :p

Weegee Match
I'm left speechless by the second match, but very disappointed in the third :( He was definitely holding back on the shoryukens I think - he's trying to bait the TO into giving him an easier match so he can showboat I reckon :p.... Though, who was screaming like a banshee at Luigi's first shoryuken of the second match XD???

Is there any way to isolate the commentary in a separate file??? Mortal Kombat theme is good and all, but I'd like to hear the subtler moments :p In fact, if there is commentary for a game, I don't know if music is necessary (due to the lag as well :p)

seriously its not hard 2 bring set ups takes like 5 minutes to get them in the car and the difference it can make to the tournament is well worth the effort, this is assuming you have a car......
It also depends on the set-up of your TV at home - if you have a TV or console cabinet it can be the biggest pain in the arse to just get one console out due to all the wires coming out of a tiny little hole (back in my old house I had to disconnect the XBOX wires to get out my PS2/GC, which was not fun given that the XBOX reset its time and date setting every single time due to my incapacity of internet)... And if the cabinet/TV is immovable as well, then it becomes a bigger hassle... This is the only thing I can think of that would necessarily hinder the displacement of a console, because I speak from experience :p

I'd recommend that people put their Wiis in an easily movable and accessible place if you haven't already done so, not only because it makes it easier to bring to tournaments but also because Wii acrobatics are bad for the console, as spectacular and lol-orific as they are :p

EDIT: Just read Marx's reason, and it sounds sufficient to me... Especially if younger siblings are involved =.=

Yo, next tournament, when do we want it? 24th?
Oh, yes please :p That'd be freakin' awesome :D

---Bypassed the Movie Debate---

We could possibly get some sponorship for you if you're actually interested in coming. Obviously Perth > the East, but if you'd rather go there, I'm sure they could get some for you.
Why don't you try to get sponsorship from some US figures, lain??? I can't imagine that you'd amass a decent chunk of money from Australian sponsorship, given that the Brawl community is player funded at the moment (by predominantly University students nonetheless!) and Australian companies would not see eye-to-eye with the community for sponsoring the US (it's going to be tough enough to organise sponsorship for the Perth national given that it's our first)... Pessimism aside, by all means try :p If you come to the Perth national I'd throw in something :p

Oh its being organised. anyone who wants to be a part of the committee should let me know.
I can contribute lifts for Southerners if they are also on the committee, but apart from that, buh-bowwwww....

Low tier dittos are so much fun :p

apparently perth is the metaknight state anyway:p
You slay me, Andre... --> Will never pick up MK <--

Smashfest
Have a good smashfest :p I'll be on a plane, raging at being sick of these mother****ing babies on these mother****ing planes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ironman was a good Marvel film and Dark Night was a good DC film_ IronMan was done mostly unscripted yes which is can attest to the skill of the actors involved and the director responsible for making this happen_ That cannot be overlooked_ Dark Night proved to everyone that comic books have deep and complex story lines and brought the audience an experience that it needed to start respecting comic book adaptations_ It also set the bar very high for future comic book adaptations_

Sam Raimi won't be doing Spiderman 4_ He has struggled to get full creative power on the fourth installment after having it stripped from him in Spiderman 3 resulting in a poor film after 2 substantial efforts_ He and Sony were at each others throats over this and it seems that Sony has had enough, causing Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to leave the franchise_ Also means no seeing John Malkovich as The Vulture :( Word is that Sony is planning of rebooting the series without Sam Raimi by 2011_ That's such a disappointment and extremely disrespectful considering what he has done for the Spiderman name_

Finally_ Avatar is on course to overtake Titanic as the highest grossing film ever_ Currently second on the list, James Cameron may very well be set to be the only man capable of defeating his own record_ for anyone who hasn't seen Avatar in 3d yet i highly suggest you dig deep in your pockets and make the effort to support such an amazing film_

DeathRace (the remake) was disgusting in comparison to the original_ the only guy i liked was the coach (Ian McShane) and that's because he is from Deadwood_ The original had a very strong message and deeper subtleties within it's storyline, also see the original Rollerball if you like the DeathRace 2000_

Sieg

Smash Champion

Dark Knight only got as many as it did because of Heath Ledger.

Spiderman was a bad film.

There I said it.

Alzi

Smash Master
Congrats on passing your driving test Andeh. You need to tell me what sort of things they make you do in the test. :p

Hmm swordsaint is a good brawler. If he came here alone he would place 4th or higher.

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
Oh its being organised. anyone who wants to be a part of the committee should let me know. You need to be able to contribute something that isnt a poster though
hey i dont know wat the committee is but it sounds like fun wat can i contribute to help

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on passing your driving test Andeh. You need to tell me what sort of things they make you do in the test. :p

Hmm swordsaint is a good brawler. If he came here alone he would place 4th or higher.
there is i think 4 tasks they make you do in the practical.
from what i remember:
>reverse parellel parking
>shopping car park reverse into bay parking
>forgot something, which is remember a house and the driver will tell you after a few blocks away to go back there and park out the front.
>another i think is popular main road driving. im not sure, it was too long ago.

for the last computer test you are required to play some really dodgey game, anyone can pass that.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Disclaimer: Alzi's opinions dont reflect the general opinion of perth smashers. He makes baseless assumptions given X topic and treats those like they are irrefutable fact.

He is slowly eroding my faith in humanity

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh ok. I'm sure i'll pass it first go if i do the driving test in May or June.

On the official site you can do a small test with that flash game it's so lol and simple.

Technodeath swordsaint gets close to beating Shaya somtimes. So far i think Vlade is better since he has actually beaten Samuel a few times which swordsaint hasn't but i haven't seen Vlade vs Shaya so i can't say right now that swordsaint is a bad brawler and won't place high if he comes here.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
From a production point of view (which is how i must see films) Avatar is an amazing achievement_ This can't be looked down upon as too often people take films for advantage without realising the costs, time and effort that goes into making some 'blockbusters'_ Avatar manages to mesh story, ultra realism via animation attributed to the assistance of his technology he created to assist in the process and 3d into a mesmerising film_

the truth is that few film makers could achieve what Jame Cameron has with Avatar and that deserves it's recognition and respect_ All the elements that contributed to it's creation have to succeed and this film fails to falter in many aspects_ Many critics find it hard to fault beside it's storyline which is 'Pocahontas meets Dancing With Wolves meets Fern Gully' but who cares_ It's still a solid story and an outstanding spectacle to behold in regards to film making and history_

Dark Night had publicity because of Heath Ledger yes, but it also had a deeply mature and conflicted story that few comic book adaptations have managed to build for themselves_ This film brought comic books to the attention of the masses and told them that it wasn't all 'children's stories'_ It really did raise the bar for future comic movies yet films like "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" are still allowed to be made and laughed at because of their failure to grasp what makes comic books really come to life in people's imaginations_ I don't feel that "The Dark Night" missed the mark at all and brought these larger than life characters and almost made them real_

Alzi

Smash Master
Tibs is right but not the part where he said he will beat everyone except for sam.

I just want to see Vlade vs swordsaint falco ditto's lol!.

Farout Bob the way you speak about film actually makes sense. What do you think fo the film Shawshank Redemption?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
STFU TIBS!!!

Avatar is a bloody awesome movie, i got so involved in the plot heh.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Alzi, what exactly do you use to base your opinions of people whom you have never versed or seen play?
So often it seems like you think you know all these players you have had no experience with...

I just think its silly to even theory craft about who would beat who/how well someone would do somewhere at all unless you know both players well.

tibs7

Smash Champion
no u :)
tis true though he will only have trouble versing sam, vlade, ric and roman...i think im not so sure but ehhh

Alzi

Smash Master
I saw some vid's of scott play. Scott is Legit i know right now if he came here he would place 4th or higher.

If your talking about why i think Vlade is better then Scott it's because Vlade is from perth :p And i would rather say a perth player is better then a east player. hahahaha.

Exactly what tibs said. Thats why i am saying he will place 4th or higher. He might have a hard time with some other players though but i still think he will win the set in the end if he did vs other people from the scene.

Top Bottom