• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you mean. What is incorrect?
Be more specific so I can change it please.

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Just to clear this up for everyone, I do like Suicide Black's guide, it's got a lot of good stuff.

I was just giving DYC a hard time. :embarrass

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
DYC said:
Lol i haven't even looked at this one. =P i might one of these days.
You should give it a once over. I'm hoping to get it stickied, and any aid would be greatly appreciated.

only1Z

Smash Champion
In the guide, the specific play Vs Sheik:
DON'T ledgehop in this matchup. I love to LH to Nair as much as the next guy, but you will be Dsmashed immediately and die.

I play sheik vs. DYC up there all the time, and I downsmash when I see him ledge hop *in my mind I know its a ledgehop Nair but I do it on instinct* and it still hits me, and knocks me down. That happens about every time. You don't necessarily have to change your guide for that little thing, it looked good, but maybe you could look a bit deeper into that specifically, if you're going for perfect :)

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
only1Z said:
I play sheik vs. DYC up there all the time, and I downsmash when I see him ledge hop *in my mind I know its a ledgehop Nair but I do it on instinct* and it still hits me, and knocks me down. That happens about every time. You don't necessarily have to change your guide for that little thing, it looked good, but maybe you could look a bit deeper into that specifically, if you're going for perfect :)
If I want this to get stickied, I have to put in as much detail/get it as close to perfect as possible. I will change it as soon as I get home from work. Thank you for your input. Doesn't the Dsmash out range his Nair though? How do you get hit?

only1Z

Smash Champion
I am probably to close to the edge. I think I use it a little off, or a little close to the edge. If I k new hitboxes a bit better I could probably give a better explanation, but that's all I got. Hopefully DYC comes back soon, he pays ALOT more attention then I would.

Heh, sorry :(

DYC

Smash Champion
it has nothing to do with the hitboxes. it has to do with the fact that i am still invincible from the edge when i hit you with the first kick of the nair. if i was to hang on the edge until my invincibility went away and then try it i would get owned. The name of the game here is getting off the ledge as fast as you possibly can so you have as much invincible time as possible to attack. I will go back and look at the guide now and edit in my opinions.

And without further ado. My Comments. (Stuff it Darkroom. =P )

Dtilt - Dtilt to knee is a sexy edgeguard against Sheik or Marf. you just have to be fast.

Up-B - The "Up-b ricochet" as you put it is all but nullified in high end play, as it will get teched 9/10 times.

Down-B - Don't even mention the word "attack" with the falcon kick. it is a recovery move and only a recovery move. i don't care what combo vid you saw.

Fmash - Fastfallers on uthrow past 55-60% if they flub their DI.

Fair - You definitely need to put in a blurb on the effectiveness of the weak knee. The weak knee is FANTASTIC at screwing with people's recovery. Ala Darkrain vs Drephen at MLG nashville. Almost Every one of Drephen's lost stock was because dark weak kneed him while he was recovering and drephen couldnt get back to the stage.

Tech Chasing - Tech chasing on fast fallers is easier with uthrow, and easier on floaties with dthrow. the distinction needs to be made. as tech chasing FFers with dthrow is just pointless extra work.

"Tech Punishing" - Tech punishing is not a real word. Tech Chasing Encompasses all forms of messing with people when they tech. be it a grab or an overb.

"Walljumping" - The death from above vid only shows Clod teching the charged shot and the up b. it has nothing to do with walljumping.

Ledgehop - Ledgehop when properly executed is not risky. the proper ledgehop is done while you are still invincible from grabbing the edge.

Edgeguarding - Sitting on the edge and not allowing the opponent to get back is edge hogging. Edge guarding refers to the entire process of using attacks off the stage, shffld bairs on the stage, and edgehogging to prevent someone from getting back to the stage...unless by "sitting on the edge" you meant simply standing on the edge waiting to edge guard.

Empty shorthops are best finished with either a forward or backwards waveland.

Tap Reset - tap reset is one jab, and most people can jump out of it, they just dont know it (read as: Darkroom. Sucka.)

CT - chain throwing can be done with the dthrow and the uthrow. you just have to know on what characters. Darkrain's most common chain throw on a sheik is simply alternating the uthrow and the dthrow, because sheik can jump out of the uthrow but has to try to tech the dthrow, and the constant switching messes with their heads.

Platform wavelanding - Wavelanding off platforms into nairs is sexy.

Combos - I'm not going to comment on combos since they are all DI and character dependant and i dont have that much time to devote to this =P

That's it for now. Overall nice work. i will try to look at your character matchups soon and see if i can add anything there.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot. I'll add all this stuff as soon as I can. I'm kind of sleepy right now. Yeah, any information you can give me besides what you already have will be appreciated even more. :laugh:

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
DYC, I was trying to jump out of Uthrows with different charcters that I'd set up for tap resets (Mainly fastfallers) and I couldn't seem to pull it off. Is there anything special I should know?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I just added a bunch of new stuff. Look at everything I've added for version 1.07. Hopefully this will finally get stickied! w00t! Anything other suggestions will be thrown into the guide.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Since I double posted anyway, I might as well tell you that I added the offical names to all of the moves as well. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dude...you doubleposted so you'll triple post instead? Lame. Not the best thing to do if you want people to sticky things...

(And it doesn't matter if there's a few days gap between double posts if there's something new.)

Smash Lord
Wow i remember reading this before but i never read it in detail before. I wanna make Falcon one of my seconds so this guide will help me through my journy. Nice guide, really, really good.

Congrats on finally getting stickied.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
FireKP1 said:
Angelo your guide was awesome! Just update the character stratgies section a little more.

Read my Mario team-up story in the creative minds section.
What matchups would you like to see? I'll get them up as soon as I can.

I'll read your Mario story later tonight.

Mic: The reason I posted again instead of editing my previous post is because I wanted to bump the guide so that people would get a chance to see the new content I added. I guess that was pointless since it got stickied. Then it just kind of turned into a double post unfortunately. :(

DYC

Smash Champion
i apologize i should have explained more thoroughly on the tap reset, i was tired hehe.

Basically the way to get out of the tap reset is after tap reset you simply DI up and when he throws you you can get out of it. Dark showed me this by getting out of the tap reset with falco 5 times in a row.

You CAN usaully pop them with one tap reset if they arent paying attention though, you just cant chain them across the stage with uthrow jab uthrow jab uthrow jab uthrow jab uthrow jab uthrow knee (Unless they are named Darkroom and like losing money to falcons named DYC. Own't!)

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Haha, I actually figured this out the other day trying to figure out what you meant. I was trying to double jump out of it, but I see what you mean about DIing upwards. Thanks for the help. You've definitely contributed a lot to this guide... So much that I'm going to.... Are you ready?

Bold...

Your...

Name!...

In the credits section. Yeah... That's right. You're going to be beating ladies off of your legs with small animals covered in one-hundred dollar bills, you'll be so famous.

DYC

Smash Champion
oh and also one one other thing, being able to jump out of the tap reset also means other things are possible, such as DIing up to be able to jump out of Doc's Dair -> Dmash combo. i havent experimented too much to see what other things you get get out of, i know with a certain DI you can get out fox's stupid jab -> usmash lameness but it happens so fast that its hard to get right.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I don't really pay attention to tournament dates. I hardly have time to play Smash with my friends, much less look up times for tournaments and attend them. What days was it on? I was probably working anyway. :ohwell:

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
DYC said:
No johns. =P Sept. 24th heh.
Hahaha... Sorry. Anyway, I'll be checking tournament dates more frequently now because I have more free time. Any other major tourneys coming up soon that you know about? Actually, I guess I can just pay a visit to the tournament region forums.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
emileethegreat said:
Hey, buddy.
Glad to see you finally brought your mega-skillz0rz to Smashboards.com.

Your Sheik skills are like Captain Jack on uber steroids.

Average Joe

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm a nooby falcon player. Just wanted to say that the guide you (angelo bangelo) made was icredibly helpful. I have enough stuff to work on to keep me busy for the next few months. I would really like to see some of the vids of Isai and other crazy falcon players. My dc++ doesn't work, does anyone know of any other way I could get them?

DYC

Smash Champion
i don't have any links to vids other than the hub, but others might. There have been a bunch of threads about this, try searching for some.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I'm glad my guide helped you.

I will gladly send you the videos through AIM if you have it, assuming you don't have 56k or anything. Just drop me an IM at: i g0t teh micr0

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Sweet guide. You really reach into the inner of Falcon to get out anything what's in there.
Kudos.

There's just one thing I was wondering about; on the gentleman. You say that you have to wait a bit after the second A or else you'll go into rapid punches. Well, no matter how quickly I mash the A-button, i always get punch - punch - kneekick - rapid kick. I'm probably missing something.

Anyway, I heard somewhere you were planning on a Falcon combovid? Done yet? ^^

Average Joe

Smash Cadet
thanx

AngeloBangelo said:
I'm glad my guide helped you.

I will gladly send you the videos through AIM if you have it, assuming you don't have 56k or anything. Just drop me an IM at: i g0t teh micr0
yeah I have AIM. my screen name is avergejoe818 when are you usually online?

Top Bottom