• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

NotAchickEn

Smash Cadet
lol yay for C.falcon! now i can continue knee'ing peoples faces off and know that theres a cool falcon guide i can jump to just incase!

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Bornfidelity.com: You have to hit A again right as he's about to go back into his standing position. If it still doesn't work, hit A twice rapidly, then when he's about to return to his standing position, press and hold A again.

Average Joe: I hope those CJ vids are holding you over. Next time we talk, I'll send you some Isai vids.

TT: Thanks for the props. I'm constantly updating the guide with whatever I can think of to make it as useful as I can make it.

About my combo video: I'm going to split the vid into two parts which will be released seperately, most likely. First I am going to release a demonstrational video of me doing all of the advanced tactics that I name in my guide (And a few more that I've thought up, just for fun). The first vid will be released within 2 months, most likely. Possibly sooner! Then I'll hopefully get some awesome feedback and that will get me pumped to make the 2nd half. The vid is going to be totally sick, I was practicing doing things yesterday like reverse wavelanded ESH edgehogs... Even though it's totally useless in real life, I just wanted to show off that I can do it :D. Trust me, you guys won't be disappointed.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
AngeloBangelo said:
Bornfidelity.com: You have to hit A again right as he's about to go back into his standing position. If it still doesn't work, hit A twice rapidly, then when he's about to return to his standing position, press and hold A again.

Average Joe: I hope those CJ vids are holding you over. Next time we talk, I'll send you some Isai vids.

TT: Thanks for the props. I'm constantly updating the guide with whatever I can think of to make it as useful as I can make it.

About my combo video: I'm going to split the vid into two parts which will be released seperately, most likely. First I am going to release a demonstrational video of me doing all of the advanced tactics that I name in my guide (And a few more that I've thought up, just for fun). The first vid will be released within 2 months, most likely. Possibly sooner! Then I'll hopefully get some awesome feedback and that will get me pumped to make the 2nd half. The vid is going to be totally sick, I was practicing doing things yesterday like reverse wavelanded ESH edgehogs... Even though it's totally useless in real life, I just wanted to show off that I can do it :D. Trust me, you guys won't be disappointed.
Good nice to know....I'm looking forward to it..*sits in the thread....awaiting the day its comes* :laugh:

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
No we won't unfortunately... :cry:

None of my friends want to go anymore. Looks like I have to sit this one out.
Lame sauce, man.... Lame sauce.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I have a really bad sense of direction, and I have a horrible fear of being lost. I'm not sure why, but the thought of being lost on the road is very scary to me. I was basically hoping my friends could make sure I don't get lost or anything.

I'm not a big fan of driving alone. Niether is my mom.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Are you serious angelo? Thats weird because I have a fear of garden gnomes, blank CDs, the biography of Bill Clinton and I cry whenever I see the fox and the hound. Poor Todd he'll make all on his own......

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
100% percent serious. I don't like leaving McHenry in fear of being lost, unless I know the route well enough. Then I don't care about going, except for the amount of gas I'm wasting depending on the trip.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
bornfidelity.com said:
Sweet guide. You really reach into the inner of Falcon to get out anything what's in there.
lol, you n00b. We play PAL, the gentleman is easy here.

But on topic, yeah, the guide is looking really good. ^__^

Edit: whoops, deleted the wrong part of the quote. XD

Oh well, I meant the gentleman question anyway. <_<

New_and_Inproved

Smash Apprentice
hey can the flacon punch be used as an edgeguard???
you can double jump start falcon punch on top and when u land it goes off blasting the otther guy away

also, i am having difficulty coming off the ledge and landing both kicks of the Nair is there something i dont know about or do u just have to be really quick for it? btw this is on FD if that has anything to do with it.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
The Falcon punch really can't be used as an edgeguard. Captain Jack has used it before against Yoshi, but if you're not Captain Jack, just use the Utilt or stomp.

Landing a ledgehopped Nair can be tricky at first. The trick is to DI toward the stage as soon as you hit A. You do have to be semi-fast to pull it off. Just drop, double jump, hit A, DI onto the stage. That's all there is to it.

New_and_Inproved

Smash Apprentice
ok i can land the Nair first kick but i always land before the second kick ive only done it like 3 times but i always land the first kick when i try.
also the gentleman is giving me trouble too when should it be used and wat moves should be used after it?

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Very nice guides. I love the comboing with the Uairs you stress, we just dont see that much anymore. :chuckle:

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I think we should celebrate your 1,123th post angelo. Because it is so numerically correct. *throws confetti* Ok, let me just say angelo if your guide was a girl I would make out with her...yeah that good.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Thanks for the postitive feedback guys. I've been getting a lot through AIM and PMs lately, and it's very appreciated. I update the guide whenever a new idea pops into my head, and I try to stay on top of it to possibly make it the most informative guide on the boards. CunningKitsune probably has me beat, but do you guys really need to know how many frames it takes for Falcon to use the Fire Flower? :laugh:

New_And_Inproved: You're SHFFLing the Nair too quickly. Slow down and don't FF/LC until after you land the 2nd kick. As for the gentleman, I'm sure you're pulling it off easily, yes? If so, you should use it after a SHFFLed Fair or Nair if they shield. This will usually hit them when they lower it, or knock through it. Afterwards, consider a good combo aerial to follow it up. Just Uair, Nair, Fair, Dair... Whatever works at the moment.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
"It" feels slow... It= The Gentleman? If so, then try using the A,A, then press A or A+Z at the same time when he's about to return to his standing position. You don't have to hold this down at all, which allows for more combo potential. However, if you have difficulty timing it, just stick with the A,A, press and hold A. The Gentleman isn't really that important. It's probably one of the last things you should learn.

However, if "it" = SHFFLed Nair, make sure to FF it at the height of your jump and make sure you're getting the L cancel correctly. Try SHFFLing Nairs and running after you land. If you can run immediately, you landed the L cancel correctly. If not, keep practicing. That's all I can really think of.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Yo, When are some more o' them character specific guides coming out? The other ones got straight to the point, keep it up. =)

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
What matchups would you like me to elaborate on? I don't want to go into detail about vs Pichu if no one has a problem beating him.

ALSO! At long long last I have a webcam. This is my ONLY means of getting my Falcon on the boards. Basically, expect the first part of my combo video (The instructional section) out and available for download in NO MORE than two weeks! Yahoo! Anyway, depending on feedback I will make the actual combo video part. I'm sure I'll get some good feedback since you guys have been pretty generous with the compliments for the guide so far. Hopefully these two videos combined will make your Falcon games improve drastically or at least give you something to practice doing at 2 in the morning. I'll bump my guide with an update when it's finally in the video forum. Keep an eye out, Falcon players.

AJiggaG

Smash Apprentice
can you add lag times after throws? maybe i over looked them. Im talkin about the lag time after an up throw vs a down throw.

Ring My Bell

Smash Cadet
-Horrid recovery. Seriously. My grandmother can shine me out of it...And she's paralyzed and has had all of her limbs amputated.
When I play Captain Falcon, it makes me feel like I want to have my limbs amputated, maybe next time don't let your grandma wonder around your basesment, she might cut her head off next time she sees you playing Captain Falcon.

With a guide this extensive, and in depth about Captain Falcon, why don't you just marry the latex wearing metrosexual.

Very good guide, with very, very, very, very?, very!, very!!!!!, verrrrrrrrrry in depth specifics about the fruitcake. Good job on the guide, and hopefully before you die, you'll choose possibly a different character to play.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Ring My Bell said:
When I play Captain Falcon, it makes me feel like I want to have my limbs amputated, maybe next time don't let your grandma wonder around your basesment, she might cut her head off next time she sees you playing Captain Falcon.

With a guide this extensive, and in depth about Captain Falcon, why don't you just marry the latex wearing metrosexual.

Very good guide, with very, very, very, very?, very!, very!!!!!, verrrrrrrrrry in depth specifics about the fruitcake. Good job on the guide, and hopefully before you die, you'll choose possibly a different character to play.
Hey, I play Game and Watch. And you fall to his gosuness (At least, your amazing Bowser did).

Also, my video is delayed until someone will let me borrow a camera. I tried recording with my webcam and I had to start punching myself in the face to forget how God awful it looks.

Off topic: I just bought Murderball and it's amazing. Chris... You NEED to come over and see this movie. You'd love it.

P.S. Gym soon?

Ring My Bell

Smash Cadet
Murder Ball does sound cool, I mean any guy hanging 13 hours waiting for a rescue deserves to be rescued by Free Willy, the whale leaping out of the water and he hops on for the most crooked dorsal fin of his life! Anyways your guide has inspired me to never play Captain Falcon ever, because with a character like that, ie. Range, Speed, Power, he holds the triumbra. He is a perfect character by all means, and deserves to be played extensively.

P.S. Gym soon when you take time off, and Smash soon when you look at the reason you don't go to the gym. Take a good hard look man!

AdeptZero

Smash Cadet
WOW nice guide about C.Falcon. I ssay C.Falcon is my best player and i think this guide might help me get better with him, so ty

CPU

Smash Rookie
i used to play luigi, but i realized thet he got to slow and to easely comboed. and then i turnd over to cpt.falcon. and i was wondering. is it posibe to use cpt.falcon's WD to something? if "yes" what?

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Mindgames. =O

Luigi needs the wavedash to actually move around fast, Falcon doesn't need that, but he can still use it for mindgames, like wavedash back to short hop knee for example.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
falcon's speed is pwnage. his wd is meh, but it's not really useful since his smashes aren't good. I LOVE HIS KNEE!!/fair!! it's so powerful and cool

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
emubreath said:
falcon's speed is pwnage. his wd is meh, but it's not really useful since his smashes aren't good. I LOVE HIS KNEE!!/fair!! it's so powerful and cool
Ya this combo i like to do is... Knee the guy (when he's at low %), run up, grab, D-throw (or U-Throw but mainly down), run, SHFFL u-air, turn and grab him agian...keep in mind this is starting from a low % :laugh: ( i love to do different combos, i have more that are in my head...I even created a finisher :psycho: )

DYC

Smash Champion
emubreath said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Falcon's WD is fantastic.

only1Z

Smash Champion
It's usefulness is fantastic, but length is minimal. But defenitely good.
Random posts from a sheik in the falcon/gannon board, priceless.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Ok, I can hit with the 2nd hit of the nair easily. My problem is there seems to be two different properties of the move. If I hit the opponent with the 2nd kick at around the ankle level, it seems to send them straght up. I like this, because it sets up for uairs or more nairs. but if I kick them pretty much anywhere else, it seems to send them to far back to combo. Now is it just me, or is it REALLY hard to hit them in the ankle area? I dont see how people could combo with falcon if they have to hit them in that same spot everytime to juggle them. I must be doin something wrong, any tips?

derf

Smash Ace
yo angry its not quite that precise. you do have to keep your opponent in front of falcon though and that can be tricky with cap's tendency to jump halfway across the level. yeah, so what i do is jump and hit A to do the nair and then immediately slam back on the control stick to kill caps momentum trying to keep the opponent right in front of him

Top Bottom