• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Über-pro Falcon guide by AngeloBangelo OMFG VERSION 2.00 IS OUT!!!1

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
I know this is kinda off topic...but if you shffl his fair in a certain way, it can lead to a cross-up :psycho: .... Keep in mind C. Falcon is (in my opinion) a cross-up legend since he has his speed..I personally love using his fair (how you guys where talking about) to fling the chracter up and then use a shffl uair and land on the other side so i cross them up...I'll explain in further detail how it works if you guys want...I'm feeling kinda random right now. :laugh:

bass13

Smash Apprentice
can someone please tell me where i can find isai or other c falcon vids and dont tell me the hub cuz i am goin to freak out if i dont see them or tell me to search the hub

thanks in advance

by the way great guide the best i ever see

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
DC++ really is the only place. There isn't a very large database of vids anywhere else. I know I personally don't have any videos of him. You can maybe google him I guess.

EDIT: I love men

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is a n00b strategy, but I'll say it anyway. About the D-tilt, I've found that it's really not that bad of an edgeguarding move especially against people recovering (especially the Space animals). The D-tilt doesn't push them off of the stage, but it does launch them up vertically and sets people up for a knee. I like to use this as an alternative to Stomping or u-tilting against a sweetspotting falco because I've been phantasm'd spiked way too many times, and I still have trouble timing Capt's U-tilt.

Again, I dont' know if this is the best strategy in the world (or if people have already suggested it), but it's something I'd like to throw out there.

Duke

Holy tolito angelo to the batmobile because i just read it again for the 4 or maybe 5 time and in lurv with it as in lurv with a cookie that your mom made.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Roflmao!

Maelstrom said:
I know this is kinda off topic...but if you shffl his fair in a certain way, it can lead to a cross-up :psycho:
lol, the first thing i thought of when i read this was knee *opponent sent in the opposite direction*, chase them down and knee *opponent sent in the opposite direction*, and soo fourth.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i skimmed de guide and i couldnt find anything about The Gentleman, i assumed it would be in "Advanced Techniques" but it's not. can someone tell me which part it's explained or quote it? i know pretty much how to do it, but im assuming the guide has an explaination of how to incooprate it with your playing style

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Pretty much any time you can jab is a good opportunity to lead into a gentleman. The gentleman is covered in the Basic A move section. The best way to use the gentleman is pressing A, A then A+Z. You can also press A, A, *wait a moment* then A again, but this takes too long and they can shield by the time you pull it off. AAA+Z is what Isai uses, so I assume it's the most reliable way to use it.

The best time to use the gentleman in general is after a SHFFLed Nair or Fair because they have the lowest lag time out of all of his aerials when L-canceled, and have the smallest probability of being shieldgrabbed before you are able to jab the opponent once to interrupt it.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
angelo, i think it would be nice if you could get the moon walking buisness into the faq
it may not be super effective tech, but its some nice fancy ****!

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Don't worry, I'm all over it. It's going to be in 2.00 as soon as I finish. Maybe 1-2 more weeks and 2.00 will be out covering much more about Falcon than the current guide.

I don't think it's particularly effective, but it's still worth mention.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dthrow to knee on marth works at like 80%+ or something like that (when they DI away, as they should). before that percentage, they can usually do a fair or overB to get out of it.
So expect it! that fair/overb protects them from the knee, but doesnt protect them from a dashdanced well-timed grab.

mindgames!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yo, angelo I will help you with a bowser specific in this post(will edit this post only alright?)

Bowser- ok, this is an interesting matchup his edgeguarding can screw you over so much. One of the keys of this match up is to use hit and run tactics, or even more effectively jc grab alot to dthrow to knee, or you can kill them at low percentages with a u-throw combo by u-throwing to uair to a ff then uair again he will usually be a good distance and then lead off with a knee, you can recover still but, he will ie in this case most often. this is actually hard to do because their di completely effects the distance and how many times you have to u-air. Also, your nair is vital. On bowser it stuns him long enough for you to l-cancel to a grab. Your grabs are vital overall in this match-up. Bowser's arials ecept his dair match up or over ranks cf in priority. YOur Raptor boost is very useful in this matchup for tech chasing from the d-throw, to a uair combo. BOwser's recovery is actually pretty good. But, a dair can kill this because of how predictable it is. Another problem is the whirling fortress from shield. it can combo you up to about 80%.

NOT DONE YET!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I don't know if it's just me or not but when I do the home run contest I can still pull out about the same distance(1500) by using the first part of his homerun smash after placing him relatively close to the edge the falcon punching him, I never thought about bat spiking but I guess i'll try it...

Psychoace

Smash Champion
"This is not particularly hard if you know how to bat drop. If you don't, here's what it is: Bat dropping is pick the bat up, jumping, dropping it with Z, spiking the sandbag, the bat will hit the bag which keeps it in place. Grab the bat, and repeat. You can do this to almost 300% damage. After you bat drop for the 10 seconds, just Falcon punch. You don't even need to throw the bat. Should get you around 1500 feet if you bat drop for the full 10 seconds."
alright question i'm trying to do it this way, now do you pick the bat up as your jumping or do you grab then jump and spike. thanks

yes!

Smash Apprentice
hey about the execution of the gentleman, AA,A+Z(with a little ftilt of the control stick) works out better for me rather than simply AAA+Z. only thing is, in the midst of battle, my fingers fidget and everything ends in rapid punches >.< let me add to the cascade of compliments: thanks alot of the guide angelo, all of your hard work is really helping us learning falcons! (^_^)b thumbs up

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
That is completely up to Thomas Tipman. He's the one giving me the hitboxes.
I have no way to get them. :(

Duke

Psychoace said:
"This is not particularly hard if you know how to bat drop. If you don't, here's what it is: Bat dropping is pick the bat up, jumping, dropping it with Z, spiking the sandbag, the bat will hit the bag which keeps it in place. Grab the bat, and repeat. You can do this to almost 300% damage. After you bat drop for the 10 seconds, just Falcon punch. You don't even need to throw the bat. Should get you around 1500 feet if you bat drop for the full 10 seconds."
alright question i'm trying to do it this way, now do you pick the bat up as your jumping or do you grab then jump and spike. thanks
1. You jump above the back while holding the bat
2. Let go of the bat with Z
3. Right as the bag is hit with the bat then spike it with DAIR
4. The bat will pop back up in the air, SHUFFL the DAIR, rejump and grab the bat in midair with Z
5. Quickly let go of the bat again, right after you catch it in midair, with Z.
6. Repeat step 3.

Ring My Bell

Smash Cadet
Blah Ha Ha!

AngeloBangelo said:
That is completely up to Thomas Tipman. He's the one giving me the hitboxes.
I have no way to get them. :(
Get them by playing me you nubcake. Maybe then you can actually feel what it's like to be hit IN a hitbox. BLAH HA HA HA HA!

P.S. I'm going to practice Peach. I think it's time to switch your main. See you in the finals.

Angst

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Go for it. Your Peach rivals Jakes, and he plays all the time. If you ever need practice against Falcon (And only Falcon), then give me a call. Just kidding, I'll play other characters. I just don't play them as well as Falcon.

We need to finish XML2 day... Tomorrow? Maybe next Thursday?

Ring My Bell

Smash Cadet
Melee! Captain Falcon! Peach! Ding! Ready? Go!

AngeloBangelo said:
Go for it. Your Peach rivals Jakes, and he plays all the time. If you ever need practice against Falcon (And only Falcon), then give me a call. Just kidding, I'll play other characters. I just don't play them as well as Falcon.

We need to finish XML2 day... Tomorrow? Maybe next Thursday?
Screw X Men, MELEE!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Duke said:
1. You jump above the back while holding the bat
2. Let go of the bat with Z
3. Right as the bag is hit with the bat then spike it with DAIR
4. The bat will pop back up in the air, SHUFFL the DAIR, rejump and grab the bat in midair with Z
5. Quickly let go of the bat again, right after you catch it in midair, with Z.
6. Repeat step 3.
oh ok thanks I just never thought of that with him

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Not really except learn how to SHFFL flawlessly. From there you'll just kind of develop an instinct as to which aerial you should follow up with.

Fats

Smash Rookie
EDIT: forget what I said :laugh: and great job on the guide angelo, its been really helpful

McD

Smash Journeyman
I had read a captain falcon guide before, but this was a refresh, and it sure as hell help
Thx

defenderoftime

Smash Cadet
Moonwalking?

was just thinking you should probably add moonwalking to the list of advanced techniques.. and possibly make a guide on how to do it for those of us who can't? =P

Top Bottom