• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Ok well this just happend recently , i couldnt record it ... stupid wii

I was in a wifi match with a Player called Darknid... it was Delfino plaza and it was the part with the warp pipe on a roof. Anyway I didnt use the inhale, I hit him with a Waddle Dee and he fell through. This has to be looked into. D3 could be very OP if we figure out this tech. Why should it be banned anyway?
Snake has his dam Snake dash, MK is just OP .... so lets look into this... The wifi match was not teams.
It was a single/

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
If you could re-do it an get a replay uploaded into Youtube It'd be awesome, we could discover what it is and how to do it if you show us a replay or something.

I hope this isn't another glitch like the Gordo glitch or the Fallthrough stage. :/

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's not D3. Delfino is SUPER glitchy like that. Actually, any stage with stage transitions including but not limited to Delfino, Castle Siege and PS1 all have video evidence of characters falling through the level after stage transitions have completed. I don't know of anyone who has figured out out why exactly but it does happen a lot.

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Easy way to Dedecide: Grab by the ledge. Throw behind. Jump of the ledge. Inhale.
Does anyone think that would be applicable in a tournament situation or would it be to easy to DI out of?

fwb

Smash Cadet
I've heard a lot of misinformation about the best way to DI/momentum cancel. Could we put a section on the OP with the correct information, more specifically, exact button inputs?

Just to clarify, is this correct?

When knocked horizontally, hold the control stick towards the stage, use c-stick to b-air ASAP, jump immediately after.

When knocked vertically, use c-stick to d-air which will autofastfall.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Easy way to Dedecide: Grab by the ledge. Throw behind. Jump of the ledge. Inhale.
Does anyone think that would be applicable in a tournament situation or would it be to easy to DI out of?
That's situtional, but it can work.

I've heard a lot of misinformation about the best way to DI/momentum cancel. Could we put a section on the OP with the correct information, more specifically, exact button inputs?

Just to clarify, is this correct?

When knocked horizontally, hold the control stick towards the stage, use c-stick to b-air ASAP, jump immediately after.

When knocked vertically, use c-stick to d-air which will autofastfall.
First you don't "hold the control stick towards the stage" more like "DI perpenciular to the direction you'll be sent flying" then you hold down and then you bair, then you do anything else.

I'm still unsure if bair is the best aerial to use, we had some discussion about nair a while ago.

When knocked vertically also user bair+ff, Buuman explained somewhere not long ago (last page? dunno...)

Vayseth

Smash Master
That guide is so frustratingly long.

There was a good just LIST of directions you were sent and how to DI them. Here's the short version:

(first will be what direction you are getting hit, second will be correct DI for it)

Left: Up and Right (I remember up and toward the stage best)
Right: Up and Left (I remember up and toward the stage best)
Up: Down and right/left (depends on which diagonal path you want to be sent. You want to DI into the corner, so choose which direction appropriately to do that)
Down: Up and right/left (depends on where you are on the map. Really though, if you're getting hit with a spike you're gonna just up B or jump ASAP so DI will only help those with great recoveries. I usually just DI into the stage and try to tech)

Using dair and left or right when being hit up is a good idea in my opinion. I use bair when sent off to the side but sometimes fair works too. The reason I just fair more is bair lengthens D3's hit box by turning him sideways. Not a good idea if you ask me. But after my aerial I just jump. The goal is always to be hit into the corners, because that's where you'll have the best chance of living seeing as the distance between any stage and it's corners is greater than the distance between any stage and its walls (up, down and sides).

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Raising Nair is actually pretty good.

It increases the hitbox I think and it comes out fast so its a good OoS option, what do you guys think?

Vayseth

Smash Master
BTW guys, chaingrabbing thread will be up by next week. What's taking so long is I wanted to go to two tournaments to get more info before I post. Sorry =(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Whoa
I just did something crazy. I grabbed the edge, then immediately jumped off. No lag.
Plus, this might not just be for dededee once I figure out how I did it, but all characters. It was on Yoshi's island if that's help perhaps I was holding down during the grab, but I definitively grabbed the edge. I had the invincibility frames.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Dedede Unofficial Frame Data

Well, I stopped being lazy and got some data on the first frame that the hitbox of Dedede's moves appears. It's somewhat similar to the data at the beginning (with the exception of Forward Smash) but it also has a few more moves on it. In parenthesis are the original data values. * means it was not on the original list.

Forward Tilt: 12 (12)
Up Tilt: 14 (12)
Down Tilt: 8 (7)

Dash Attack: 25(26)

Up Smash: 22(20)
Down Smash: 14(14)
Forward Smash: 35(43)

Forward B: 19(18)
Up B: 47*
Neutral B: 17(17)
Down B: 27(29)

Neutral Air: 8(7)
Forward Air: 16(16)
Back Air: 7(6)
Down Air: 9(9)
Up Air: 10(10)

Jab/Neutral A: 11*
Third A press (hammer spin): 8*
Throwing a waddle dee/doo that is already on the stage: 16*

Again, I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, but I hope it helps! :)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Well, I just realized my up-b data was wrong... I think it might have two different hitboxes (one when he's almost at his peak height and one when he starts fastfalling).

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I don't think many of you have actually noticed but Inhale can kill and has high knockback.

I used it to turn a tide in a 1vs2 match.

My partner was dead so I inhaled my opponent and used him to kill his partner and I won.

They were both around 120%ish.

Inhale is god.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Inhale is god, Bair is god, Nuff said. For now.
We must continue on our quest to expand The King's metagame. He is still excellent overall, but if we don't discover some new ATs and such he may drop off in placing.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Dude why your advertising your video on the DeDeDe boards? go spam the Video boards. ;)

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Something to chew on. Sex kick hitbox of bair is like guaranteed grab, dtilt, d-smash and some other moves. It also trips (probably same%'s) and it has a hitbox that extends a little bit into his belly.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Since when can he be short step CGed? The last time I'd checked the list he was safe from that o_O
There's a video for it but I don't have time to find it right now.

Shouldn't change the matchup too much though since good Warios space and aircamp like mother****ers so that they can't be grabbed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There's a video for it but I don't have time to find it right now.

Shouldn't change the matchup too much though since good Warios space and aircamp like mother****ers so that they can't be grabbed.
Well, obviously, but it's still mega gay, lol. I thought that was confined to just Wolf and a couple others :(

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
It was confirmed to Ganon, Wolf and Wario.

Also we now know how to inhale suck good. We found a lot of stuff about Inhale last couple of months.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I thought that said "metagay" at first lol. Trolling the MK forums has affected my reading skillz.

Anyway, here's the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOk8WWA8ik
He did it in training without a human opponent, so I'm not sure if Wario can DI out of it.
So this thing has been around for ages... cuz the video is dated for November XD I couldn't really tell you if it's actually inescapable... if someone's done it to me I never noticed, lol.

Top Bottom