• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Ok guys here is the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTwqu3xrh4o&feature=channel_page

Somethings you'd want to notice are:

Sonic was hit just below King DeDeDe's left arm and got spiked down into the stage, a normal Utilt would of sent Sonic upwards.

The first Utilt I did caused 13%, I though the maximum damage an Utilt could was 12%?
Very interesting, my friend. This should work every time at the last few frames, which means it's situational, and can lead to a jab lock, like crashic said, or just a down tilt or down smash lol. Good find though bro.

Jupz

Smash Master
Also, just to make sure all you guys know but you can infinite bowser at the ledge as well (I just did it). not sure if this is known or not but yeah you can do it. not like we need it against bowser anyway :p
But it can help if you grab him near the edge. Its quite hard on yoshis island.

I've been trying the utilt spike and havent ever got it so far.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Its at a certain frame Jupz also at a certain part of the Utilt.

This is extremely situational like Marth's Utilt spike.

Soo yeah.. UTILT SPIKES.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Its at a certain frame Jupz also at a certain part of the Utilt.

This is extremely situational like Marth's Utilt spike.

Soo yeah.. UTILT SPIKES.
Just last night, I Utilted the Zero Suit Samus and it looked so much like his hand hit her, like your message said smexy. But it didn't spike and it killed her instead. I'm coming to a theory now that the spike only comes at one frame! That sucks. . . I would rather have it kill than spiked =(.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I'm suprissed DDD hasn't dropped drastically from his spot on the tier list like I predicted so many months ago. DDD is good and can hold his own, but he gets couter picked way to easily and his metagame does NOT change. Last thing I heard that was new about DDD was tech chasing with d-throw and that was literally months ago. He is good, but he should not be in top tier. I still don't know how he go there (probably because of the snake vs. DDD matchup). DDD is only good as a secondary pretty much

He def is not one of the best characters in the game. And in terms of potential he's one of the worst.
Just comment on this, have you ever seen Florida tourneys? 0.o And obviously you haven't seen CO18, D1, M2K, DSF, and Atomsk play. DeDeDe has a lot of potential, and you must not know your character very well. I'm not flamming or trolling, but you should really embrace DeDeDe, as he is an excellent character.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
DDD's f tilt can stage spike when the opponent jumps from the ledge.

I don't know if you have already discovered it.

I'll post a video of this. :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Hes telling the truth, I've done it before.

Any move with knockback can stage spike at high percentages.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is used often, I rarely see it in tournament matches, but lately I been landing Jet Hammer kills. Usually what I do is get the opponent to 90+% and then do a back throw, forward throw, or some other move to get the opponent out of D3's face. Then I pull out the Jet Hammer while I am getting close to them or they approach me and I land the normal Jet Hammer (aka uncharged Jet Hammer) and get a nice KO in. Basically all you need to do is find a place on the stage where your opponent won't be able to counter your approach well (limiting their options) and then I use the Jet Hammer.

Once again, maybe the Jet Hammer is used a decent amount of times in tournament, but I just really added it to my game recently (and I been using D3 since Day 1 :laugh:).

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
has anyone ever screwed around with grab breaks off of the stage of jungle japes? like ground break them off of the larger middle platform so they fall under either of the two higher up platforms. they either can jump or fall into the water, maybe it could be followed by a Fair, or Ftilt if they jump.

Jupz

Smash Master
You can also infinite bowser at the ledge, I dont think many people know this although it isnt that important.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
I was just doing the whole grab release thing to my brother, and when he jumped up to avoid falling into the water i did a Ftilt and it stage spiked him off of the higher platform... I just thought that was kinda cool.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
He could jump towards you though and not get stage spiked, or smash di the hit, or tech it.

Fun fact #1: The clap trap on jungle japes is on a set schedule. It'll come through the right gap every time the second on the timer says 7 (ex. 7:57, 7:47, 7:37 etc.), and it'll come through the right gap every time it says 5 (ex. 7:55, 7:45).

So watch the timer and you can clap trap him :)

Also you can survive claptrap up to 40% or possibly more if you smash DI the hit up and to the right.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
Thats true, he could have easily avoided it. He is not very good lol.

I did not know that about the klap trap, that is a very interesting fact to know.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I'm sure this has been said. DTHROW FSMASH. or DTHROW (wait for roll) DSMASH.

One i like does is if their on the ledge. Dtilt, Dsmash. If the tilt hits, more than likely the opponent will jump and Dsmash is waiting for them.

Also, Jet Hammer - charge it up when opponent is around 65%. If he's in the air, chase him and let him fall. Either hold the charge for 2 secs after they shield and let go. Or if he rolls right away turn as he rolls and blast it (The turning motion is faster generally than the rolling motion).

nash123

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been said. DTHROW FSMASH. or DTHROW (wait for roll) DSMASH.

One i like does is if their on the ledge. Dtilt, Dsmash. If the tilt hits, more than likely the opponent will jump and Dsmash is waiting for them.

Also, Jet Hammer - charge it up when opponent is around 65%. If he's in the air, chase him and let him fall. Either hold the charge for 2 secs after they shield and let go. Or if he rolls right away turn as he rolls and blast it (The turning motion is faster generally than the rolling motion).
You don't even finish cgs, you just dthrow fsmash.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Ok guys here is the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTwqu3xrh4o&feature=channel_page

Somethings you'd want to notice are:

Sonic was hit just below King DeDeDe's left arm and got spiked down into the stage, a normal Utilt would of sent Sonic upwards.

The first Utilt I did caused 13%, I though the maximum damage an Utilt could was 12%?
Perhaps this has something to do with it...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209708

(scroll down to the part about god DI in the OP)

I can't say if this is it or not, but it seems possible.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
Hi, so yesterday, I played against a yoshi, and, I believe, I've done a standing CG him once, I recorded the replay, but I didn't watch it (I will be able to watch it later).

The yoshi said me that he did a bad DI, but I think I could grab him before he touched the ground.

I'm confused because if it could be standing cg, you would discover it.

It was late, so, maybe my imagination....

I'll look the replay soon.

Edit: Good thread for say that?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I never knew you could DI D3's D-throw.
I thought set knockback was always unDIable (see my pun)?
You can still DI it to some small extent. The reason DDDs chaingrab is a chaingrab is because they put wind underneath it to keep this from being just like GnW's down throw. If it was only knockback based, then we could chain grab Metaknight. For instance, if Metaknight DIs up during the down throw, he will end up being chain grabbed.

This is still possible, but it needs testing and I can't even infinite chain grab DK so I'm not one who will do it hahaha.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Fun fact #1: The clap trap on jungle japes is on a set schedule. It'll come through the right gap every time the second on the timer says 7 (ex. 7:57, 7:47, 7:37 etc.), and it'll come through the right gap every time it says 5 (ex. 7:55, 7:45).
lol what? Does it ever come through the left gap?

If not, DDD just keeps getting gayer.
You say this like it's so bad.

:colorful:

Top Bottom