• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Oh yeah I remember now.
Guys, when playing against Ike and hes recovering right below a ledge with his upB, immediately do F-tilt, but keep a little space so you don't get hit by the upcoming sword. It's amazing, and it's satisfying. It is very easy to time it too, right when he rises from saying "aether".
It helps a lot for this matchup and it'll work more than once. (Spam it at that moment!!)
I hope this helps!

:087:

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Down Angle'd Waddle Dee's travel way faster than Up Angle'd Waddle Dee's its nothing too useful but good to notice I guess.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
The angling of the Dee Throw can make a minor difference, sometimes it helps. Same goes for smash vs. tilt of stick. That little extra loft from smash/up can confuse peoples! >:-)
IMO, King Dedede is by nature one of the best characters in the game (once mastered, he isn't that easy when starting out!). This is why he is considered such. He isn't a constantly-evolving, fluid, advancing metagame type character like Snake. Every once in a while we come across something neat, but for the most part he stays pretty much as is. And yet, even as everyone else progresses "beyond" him, he remains simply amazing and owns pretty much everyone! <3 I do fear he may slip a bit on the next tier list (Cuz, liek, the TIRE LIST is all that matters, amirite?), but I think its fairly clear he will remain in the top ranks.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Nah its just that Ankoku Sheik is just too good son.

But yeah Skill is one of the most important parts in competitive play, Boss took a game off Ally while using Luigi and he has beated a lot of Meta Knight while using Mario/Luigi.

Jupz

Smash Master
That is true. Dededes will always be in the top few ranks anyway, so its not like we have anything to worry about. Its not at all like were maining a BAD character. Because he isnt advancing dosent mean hes still not good :p

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Nah its just that Ankoku Sheik is just too good son.

But yeah Skill is one of the most important parts in competitive play, Boss took a game off Ally while using Luigi and he has beated a lot of Meta Knight while using Mario/Luigi.
Yeah, but it doesn't matter about the player. The player just shows that his skill can overcome higher tiers like Marth ;). That's awesome though with Boss.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it doesn't matter about the player. The player just shows that his skill can overcome higher tiers like Marth ;). That's awesome though with Boss.
Yes it does matter about the player, you're contradicting yourself now lol.

~Boss knocked me into losers at ECRC cataclysm 4 (Final event)
His luigi is too good

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
IMO, King Dedede is by nature one of the best characters in the game (once mastered, he isn't that easy when starting out!). This is why he is considered such. He isn't a constantly-evolving, fluid, advancing metagame type character like Snake. Every once in a while we come across something neat, but for the most part he stays pretty much as is. And yet, even as everyone else progresses "beyond" him, he remains simply amazing and owns pretty much everyone! <3 I do fear he may slip a bit on the next tier list (Cuz, liek, the TIRE LIST is all that matters, amirite?), but I think its fairly clear he will remain in the top ranks.
I'm suprissed DDD hasn't dropped drastically from his spot on the tier list like I predicted so many months ago. DDD is good and can hold his own, but he gets couter picked way to easily and his metagame does NOT change. Last thing I heard that was new about DDD was tech chasing with d-throw and that was literally months ago. He is good, but he should not be in top tier. I still don't know how he go there (probably because of the snake vs. DDD matchup). DDD is only good as a secondary pretty much

He def is not one of the best characters in the game. And in terms of potential he's one of the worst.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
How DARE you insult the King!!!
LOL. You may well be right. Who knows? Who cares? Dedede still rocks everyone's socks in terms of pure liquified awesomeness. The tier list matters not.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I'm suprissed DDD hasn't dropped drastically from his spot on the tier list like I predicted so many months ago. DDD is good and can hold his own, but he gets couter picked way to easily and his metagame does NOT change. Last thing I heard that was new about DDD was tech chasing with d-throw and that was literally months ago. He is good, but he should not be in top tier. I still don't know how he go there (probably because of the snake vs. DDD matchup). DDD is only good as a secondary pretty much

He def is not one of the best characters in the game. And in terms of potential he's one of the worst.
Get out son.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yes it does matter about the player, you're contradicting yourself now lol.

~Boss knocked me into losers at ECRC cataclysm 4 (Final event)
His luigi is too good
Wow you know what I mean. Doesn't matter what character one plays with on the tier list. Skill >>> Tiers if you know how to use your character against others, which is how his Luigi beat you. -_-
He-is-more-skilled-than-you, when he beat your top(high) tier DDD by his middle Luigi.

Ah crap I double posted on accident. . .-_-.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
He is good, but he should not be in top tier.
Are you serious? It doesn't matter where he should be or how he is top tier. It's just by tournament results, and King Dedede seems to win more in tournaments, so it's not a choice of him being top tier at all, it just happens you dingdong -_-.

Ah crap I double posted on accident...-_-.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Are you serious? It doesn't matter where he should be or how he is top tier. It's just by tournament results, and King Dedede seems to win more in tournaments, so it's not a choice of him being top tier at all, it just happens you dingdong -_-.

Ah crap I double posted on accident...-_-.
Tier lists reference tourney results but are not based solely on them. How many tournies does DDD actually win alone? Are there any?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
. . . . .

You do know that the Smash Back Room's Tier list isn't based on placements. They Rate every Character. They're rated on Pros, Cons, Combos, Kill ability, Survival ability, Tournament Placings and Character match ups.

The Tiers matter. They're made to inform. It's made by the Back Room <People who Know They're Shizz>.

^^^This is Common knowledge stuff that every one knows/should know. >
.>

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Does our ftilt outprioritize luigi's downb?
Bah whatever Dfat (<---lol), I can't believe you.
And Mr. Juppies: When Luigi is sliding with his tornado down the stage and you do F-tilt, it'll cancel both attacks, which is great because it slows Luigi down, and you can do a down tilt or another f-tilt after :). F-tilt doesn't have priority though, but it's okay.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Yes, the FTilt stoppage is useful against Weegee Cyclone. It's SO annoying when they spam it to get past your Waddles, and its so satisfying to repeatedly cancel it! XD

RATED

Smash Lord
Yeah.

From "run and shieldgrab"
to "run and shieldgrab. inhale if ur RATED".

(We can also cg Luigi now lol.)
ROFL , LOL! , u make my day , I haven't posted here for years... but I am back.( I been playing all that time though) now ( run , shield grab, down throw, jump foward, inhale) XD

I thought that said "metagay" at first lol. Trolling the MK forums has affected my reading skillz.

Anyway, here's the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOk8WWA8ik
He did it in training without a human opponent, so I'm not sure if Wario can DI out of it.
wario can't escape even with DI is Inescapable. btw I don't know if this is known but ddd can down throw to dsmash bowser ( they can't di out of this) and DK ( but this requires timing, u got to do a very little movement forward and then Dsmash)

I don't have vids of this since I don't have cam. but u could test this.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I just saw something really weird.

I was checking through all my replays till I found this.

It was D3 vs Sonic.

I was trying to do Utilt juggles.

I did one Utilt.

When I did the second one the Sonic got spiked down.

I never noticed this till I actually saw the replay, this happened a very long time ago but I just happened to notice it like 4 month laters.

Utilt hitbox spikes at a certain part and/or frame?

I have the replay I need someone to upload it to Youtube.

EDIT: Ok I just re watched the replay and yes the sonic clearly got spiked in a downward angle (he didnt die but he was sent downwards to the stage) He was hit at the part when D3 sits other his hammer -- at the bottom part of the Utilt hitbox.

LOLWUT

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
O_O
Smexy, if you can firgure out how this is done...
IDK, could it be put to use? As a situational, sick-timing-required, must-be-in-just-the-right-place edgeguard?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ima try get a vid posted here and also try to do this again.

And yes this could hopefully be a SUPER SITUATIONAL Jab lock setup and it maybe even spike while edge guarding who knows?

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm hoping we can figure out the exact timing on this. It seems to have some use if we can get it down to a science. Judging by the fact we just discovered it though, it may not be too easy. I'm gonna work on it.

Top Bottom