• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Any questions about his slowing down metagame, i've thought about it trust me, post up, im currently subscribing to get some wheels turning. This is the only character board I care about. :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Any questions about his slowing down metagame, i've thought about it trust me, post up, im currently subscribing to get some wheels turning. This is the only character board I care about. :)
Maybe you could find out how to do this weird Yoshi standing chain grab.

CO18

Smash Hero
OOO hell yea im about to test this. I hate yoshi. Awkward *** character lol

I can barely beat "pretty good" yoshis.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nana is a *****.

That ***** needs to get back in the kitchen.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If I were in Michigan, I would pay Gates to come be an announcer and commentator at my tournament, and use those Irish guns for security.

(his muscles)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If I were in Michigan, I would pay Gates to come be an announcer and commentator at my tournament, and use those Irish guns for security.

(his muscles)
lmao sigged.

While I wait for my sig to show up, here's some copypasta.

This is a tale explaining the manner in which my way of life was rotated along a Y axis until it reached a position roughly 180 degrees from that which it started. If I could have 60 seconds of your time, simply place your posterior in the selected location, and I will relate to you the details of how I was made the male monarch of the district of the City of Los Angeles, California located at coordinates 34.08333 -118.44778.

In the western region of the “City of Brotherly Love” known as Philadelphia, my mother expelled me from her womb and indeed that is also where I spent my childhood, in my mother’s care. The majority of my time was spent in a recreational area containing such diversions as a jungle gym, swing set, sand box, etc. I was typically at the height of leisure while frequently at a temperature slightly below what might be considered standard room temperature. Outside of my educational institution I was engaging in a game of basketball with some of my friends, when a couple of gentlemen who seemed to be of the disposition to cause a great deal of mischief began causing a great deal of chaos and disharmony in the area in which I lived. I was involved in one rather small bout of fisticuffs after which my mother became concerned for my general safety and well-being, and she informed me that I would be moving in with her sister and her sister’s husband in the previously mentioned community located at the previously mentioned location.

I implored my mother to relent approximately 24-48 hours ago, yet she gathered my belongings in a somewhat flat, rectangular shaped piece of luggage and expelled me from her presence. She placed her lips upon my cheek in an affectionate manner and handed me a pre-purchased pass for public transportation. I placed the headphones for my personal music system into my ears and verbalized the idea that I may as well impact this situation with my foot. Traveling in the highest available level of comfort, this is indeed an unfortunate situation (although I make this statement with some irony). Consuming the juices obtained by the squeezing of the fruit of a Citrus sinensis from a piece of glass stemware commonly reserved for the sipping of sparkling wine originating from the Champagne region of France, I pause to wonder if this is indeed how the residents of the admittedly upper-class neighborhood located at the previously mentioned location commonly live. Indeed, I find this situation may be rather to my enjoyment.

I puckered my lips and exhaled forcefully to produce a shrill note in order to gain the attention of a taxicab driver, and as the driver approached I observed his California vanity plate which, in place of the traditional jumble of alpha-numeric characters, used only the letters F, R, E, S, and H, spelling out the word “fresh”. Additionally, from his rear view mirror dangled a pair of oversized, fur-covered cubes decorated to look like the six-sided dice commonly used in gambling and board games. In such a situation I could have made a statement about the unusualness of this particular taxicab to the point of it being nearly unique. Instead I cogitatively decided against it and instead informed the driver that he should deliver me to what was to become my new home in the community located at the previously mentioned location.

We pulled up to a large domicile sometime between the hours of 7 and 8 o’clock, and in a loud tone of voice I informed the cab driver that at some undetermined point in the future I would again detect his odour through my sense of olfaction. I gazed about the region of land that I was destined to rule, reflecting on my arrival: Here I would claim my rightful place upon the throne, from which I would govern the previously mentioned community of Bel-Air as monarch.

Jupz

Smash Master
I don't know if you guys knew this, but the king is actually extrodinarily slow, almost as slow as Ganondorf. Try putting each character at the end of FD but DDD slightly infront and have them run to the other stage, Dedede will barely win :o I always knew he was pretty slow but I guess I thought his speed was decent enough because of how fast his little feet move as he waddles along :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
He isn't that slow. He goes the same speed as Zelda.

Also, **** man, Ness has a 0 to 90 combo now.
It seems the metagame is exploding around us.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No, I mean, a 0-90 combo on the whole cast.
Its crazy, everyone is doing some crazy stuff now.
Whatever happened to "Brawl has no combos!" now charizard and ness both have 0-90 combos, zss has the dashing equivalent of a chain grab, and everyone (except us) is getting crazy.
The whole world around us is changing.
And yet we seem mostly unaffected.
I guess the means the deep south accent they gave DDD in the anime fit quite well.
(Deep south never changes, I hear they still have slavery somewhere in the Mississipi, and the cotton gen that they just got is about to make things a whole lot worse)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If ZSS can downB out, G&W can probably upB out too.

I wish Dedede had fast moves that moved him far away from the opponent.:(

Bwa

Smash Cadet
I wish Dedede had fast moves that moved him far away from the opponent.:(
He can moves opponent far away : Neutral B

Maybe Nair can avoid footstool? ... don't care, cg, Bair, win :bee:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Nooooo.

The actual DDD Metagame is "run and shield grab".

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Today for about 2 hours I thought I had a 0-death combo on King Dedede and then I realized he could jump out. It was upsetting to me.

However it's amusing anyway! Basically I thought dsmash decayed could chain you and it almost does but you can buffer a jump. It's silly.

Jupz

Smash Master
King Dedede can escape anything. Hes a beast :p

Anyway so I did a little testing with Dedede in training and I came up with a list of all the people that the Foostool->Dair combo works on on the ground.

Dosen't Work On:
Bowser
Diddy Kong

These characters take 2% then they are out of reach:
Peach
Metaknight
Pika
Ivysaur
Snake

These characters take 4% then they are out of reach:
Link
IC's
CF
Zelda
Shiek
Pit

Works on:
Everyone else

Some characters are harder then others (ie. require stricter timing)
By out of reach I mean Dedede hits the first hit as hes rising then hes out of reach. I didn't test ZSS yet cause I couldn't be bothered.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I bet we can jab cancel footstool.
Also, we might be able to combo the dair to fastfall nair to utilt.
That would be beast. Going to go test that.

Top Bottom